The Chateau Diaries #178 The château is a dream that hides an ugly truth..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Apparently protocol in the event of HMQ death BBC to be told before public normal programming to be suspended and all journalists to be in black both things have already happened so sadly she may already have passed poor lady.
This is the protocol apparently. https://britishheritage.com/royals/queen-elizabeth-ii-dies

The first time the public becomes aware of her death is when a notice is placed on the gates of Buckingham Palace. All staff will wear a black armband on the left arm.
A statement will then be released to the Press Association & other news outlets. At this stage main TV channels will pull regular programmes and newsreaders will wear black suits and ties. DJs on-air will see a blue light flash, which means to cut to news ASAP. And blanket coverage will begin.

Reactions: 13
I saw this on Instagram earlier today. What a difference, it looks good on the eye and probable tasty. How difficult would it be to have served something like this for a starter.
Stephanie will never have her grace, or tall dark clever husband.

Reactions: 18
It would appear that very few of us emerged from childhood unscathed. Some due to family, school, outside influences.
My mother had a saying when I misbehaved or showed my ass as an adult, “ the statue of limitations on your childhood has run out”. If it’s not obvious she meant that despite the horrors we endured as children (bipolar/schizo affective papa) you are now an adult and it is up to you to seek the appropriate professional mental health treatment and quit using childhood trauma as an excuse. Took me to her death and after the grieving process to do just that. What a revelation once I did.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I watched three minutes of the BBC. The screen was literally of the closed gates of Balmoral, 180 seconds of my short life I'll never get back. Nothing else. While the announcers vamped on.
I stopped watching network TV news after the invasion of Iraq. I read three or four newspapers daily. My IQ has skyrocketed and my PTSD plummeted. I'm serious.
This is not just news. This is a momentous occasion for the UK & possibly around the world.
" Firstly the nation will go into shock. As the royal biographer, Penny Juror explains, her death will be a "traumatic" event for Britain.
The Queen is such a tremendously popular figure and during the course of her reign, so much has changed so dramatically .There's not an aspect of life that hasn't changed, but the one constant in the midst of this has been the Queen, the rock-solid thing we can hang on to."
There are already crowds outside of Buckingham Palace, Balmoral & Windsor.
I am not a Royalist - but these sorts of events showcase how coverage of this nature is handled by our UK broadcasters. If/when there is the funeral then the pomp & ceremony will also show how these sorts of events are beautifully organised here. I am proud of that.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I confess I had stopped watching after the disgusting Ollie's public pillory, so I didn't see that. Later I forced myself to finish the video and... OMG, that was even worse! Poor children... that's children abuse. Eating disorder, fitness freak, control freak, that's all very well, just keep it for yourself woman, but what leaves me speechless is how her daaarling husband is letting her doing this to their children. Can you imagine how they will grow up in that context?
There is nothing spontaneous or natural about that woman; the way she speaks, her movements, her stiffness. She's a manipulator of the worst kind. How is it that her daarling companion didn't teach her emotional intelligence? Or is it that he doesn't know anything about it either?
For a very short while I even liked their videos, although I never liked her. I could see right through her. But now... no thank you.
He has no dignity and self-respect and she is a narc. Puppet training? Treating him like a dog??? And he accepting it? No thank you.

I want to explain why all this sadistic Grand Guignol touched me so much and hit me so deeply. My case study narc mother used to do this to me when I was a child. I was not fat, just a chubby child, but she pestered me by saying I was so fat that I would die young, that when I grew up no man would have want me, that she should take me to a famous doctor who treated obesity and she even took me to a place where they had a weightbridge (yes!) and weighted me in public... I felt so ashamed I wanted to die.
Well, as a matter of fact I married (and divorced) but then had several men who pursued me and with some of them I had some wonderful relationships. I was considered a very beautiful woman, although I never saw me as such. Only now, looking at my old photos, I realize I was indeed beautiful.
She did the same to my son. After my divorce at 33 and with 3 little children and my work, I was in a mess and she offered to take my older son, then 8, with her for some months. At the time I still haden't realized who she really was. She gave my poor angel that same treatment and he developed bulimia thanks to her. I took him back after 4 months but the damage was done.
He was as handsome as a prince, with the soul of a poet. Yet his eating disorder and his depression got worst and worst and 30 years ago these issues were not addressed as they shoulkd have been. I sent him to a good psychologist, but it only helped him for a short while. In the end he was so devastated and his bulimia was so bad, that he took his own life.
And he was only 17.
Food and love are the same and Camilla, instead of worrying for her weak husband and children to train them to starve and endure her maddness, should seek help for herself and fix her psychological issues.
I am heartbroken for you. Narc mothers can be so damaging in so many ways. But to take your child and destroy him is unforgivable, unspeakable. There are no words. I send you love and hugs 😘

• Heart
Reactions: 19
This is not just news. This is a momentous occasion for the UK & possibly around the world.
" Firstly the nation will go into shock. As the royal biographer, Penny Juror explains, her death will be a "traumatic" event for Britain.
The Queen is such a tremendously popular figure and during the course of her reign, so much has changed so dramatically .There's not an aspect of life that hasn't changed, but the one constant in the midst of this has been the Queen, the rock-solid thing we can hang on to."
I am not a Royalist - but these sorts of events showcase how coverage of this nature is handled by our UK broadcasters. If/when there is the funeral then the pomp & ceremony will also show how these sorts of events are beautifully organised here. I am proud of that.
London Bridge is I believe the code name for the protocols for the Queen's death, which has been planned for many years.
Junor is the journalist's name, I believe, one of the most unsavory, carrying out Charles and Camilla's jihad against Diana after her death, by diagnosing her with BPD, instead of persecution by Camilla.

Reactions: 11
Perfectly put.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
The British have always highly valued their history and the recording of it, they are masters at it. This is my all time favorite image of the Queen. The look passed between her and Princess Charlotte is so profound. Charlotte is the apple of the Queen's eye clearly.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 18
London Bridge is I believe the code name for the protocols for the Queen's death, which has been planned for many years.
Junor is the journalist's name, I believe, one of the most unsavory, carrying out Charles and Camilla's jihad against Diana after her death, by diagnosing her with BPD, instead of persecution by Camilla.
I have just read that if the Queen dies in Scotland (Balmoral) - Operation Unicorn comes into play involving initial transfer to Holyrood Palace in Edinburgh prior to onward transfer to England where London Bridge takes over. Just a snippet of extra info for those interested.

Reactions: 19
Yes I am aware of the London Bridge process ...I posted about it earlier. I have direct knowledge of the procedures surrounding these large events without revealing real life details.
To re-iterate I am not a Royalist so I don't care who said what about whom. I think this is the end of the monarchy in it's current form which is pretty momentous. I was pointing out that this is not JUST news. This is massive news. If you're not interested in the coverage then that is entirely your prerogative to not watch it. I am interested in it from a professional perspective & also how our news outlets are good at reporting on these types of events. Also in how the funeral will be covered beautifully.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
For most of us that are part of the commonwealth and under the age of 71 she has been a constant in our peripheral lives. I am not a royalist either.
oh they just announced her death!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
Thankfully many Tattlers who are not British or Commonwealth citizens do understand that the death of a much loved and respected Monarch after more than 70 years of service to her country is something that will have a huge impact on the country, whether you are a Royalist or not. I suppose you can't expect all foreign nationals to begin to understand or appreciate the depth of feeling that brings for us.
As I recall, there was blanket coverage globally following the assassination of JFK, after just a couple of years as POTUS. I don't think any of us can begrudge this coverage of the concern for the Queen's health after her lifetime of service. The BBC will continue provide appropriate coverage for the UK, the Commonwealth and and anyone else who cares to watch. Those who don't are free to change channel.

Sadly the death has just been announced.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.