The Chateau Diaries #178 The château is a dream that hides an ugly truth..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Whilst we are waiting for more Patron Days info to trickle in, here are some very recent pics from Chloe’s (I like her) insta.

What is that metal canister on the ground? Is it a European door stopper or just junk on the floor acting like a door stopper?
View attachment 1561952
View attachment 1561953

What are those little squares spread out on the glass shelf? Individual wet wipes because of no running water or condoms?
View attachment 1561956
View attachment 1561966View attachment 1561957

Remember the toilet duck? Now he’s a design feature.
View attachment 1561958

What’s in the can on the floor on the far side of the toilet?
View attachment 1561960View attachment 1561961

Dan’s dangling pantry wires. I don’t think this is a good place to hang onions or anything else because no one can reach the items in the very back above the refrigerators and of course no one will clean anything that falls on top of them.
View attachment 1561963

We usually gripe about the grime by this kitchen cabinet’s door handles, but look at the nasty floor below it. Gross.
View attachment 1561964
I wanted to use the gross, angry and wow emoticons in one for this, cant☹

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
I think it looks cheap and uncomfortable but that's just me.
It's not just you. I really, really thought there just might be an actual event here. This clearly was something thrown together at the last minute, as far as the "venue site," what with the doors all stacked up against the wall, unattractive flowers, rumpled cloths, and paper napkins. How incredibly disappointing for the guests. I agree with a previous commenter that there should have been champagne, fancier food (and more abundant?), a nicer table setting, and why not at least cushions for the chairs? Perhaps each day improves? One can hope. Those poor people. I don't believe for a minute that they will be satisfied with this treatment, but who knows. If even a few wake up and start discussing the reality of this farce with others, maybe they will withdraw their patronage and we'll see an end to the scam. I am behind on posts (only to page five), so I don't know if Clara has piped in yet. I'm hoping she (and anyone else who is present there and part of our group here) will offer more details. Shame on the whole lot of them.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
The flower/weed/flora-from-the-underworld arrangements are a big FU to all her patrons. Surely, she had the means to do better,
and yet she went with this 👇

View attachment 1561989
This last pic is different from the lunch one but has the some of the same people/ patreons as the lunch pic. Tea time? Even the tables are in a different configuration.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
When I have a party I put a vintage Pepsi vending machine on the patio and fill it with long neck beers. Some of which may or may not be Miller Light. That’s my level of dedication. Shrimp my husband caught, hand pulled pork cooked in the pit for hours, cushioned patio furniture and nibbles and drinks in every main room of the house. If you make it to 3 am the moonshine comes out of the garage fridge.
I think I’m in love 🥰 ❤😍😘

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I've worked at and set up all sorts of events. I've been at work events where colleagues have been given better food than this. This set up is suitable for a family party. Not a event where people have paid for her to travel the globe & spend thousands of pounds on wallpaper alone.
The standards of what constitutes catering at the farmhouse is so low that anything other than a pasta and/or sprout salad is viewed as suitable for a high paying patron? I'm sure the poor deluded fools who are daft enough to go there will big it up as the greatest experience of their life to dine in a garage with a Z list TV 'star'.

It's an attempt to show those stupid patrons that she is being frugal as always (yeah right) & how busy busy they are. No champers for you lot, see how we've not wasted money on hiring in chairs, yes all the produce is from the garden, wine from a friend of ours at a bargain rate...ooh we've barely had time to clear out the garage we've been so busy with all the renovation...all flim flam. 🤣
I really hope that some of those that attended the Patreon day and felt valued by the food, wine and choice of dining they were offered find their way here and gain the true perspective on what was provided and what they should have been provided. Given the copious bottles of champagne that are used to celebrate, anything from the health of a fat hedgehog to birthday celebrations 4 times over, the very basic menu, the garage, the cold on my arse chairs, unevenly placed on a cobbled floor. I hope they weigh up how much they have spent over the years against how little was spent on providing them with their away day and realise they really are undervalued.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
But Tattle Life always calls her shittoo a farmhouse 😇
Farmhouse look would be hay bales to sit on and beer garden benches and tables, some pitchforks for decoration
Snorts modelling for the said farmhouse look 1.41

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 23
Whilst we are waiting for more Patron Days info to trickle in, here are some very recent pics from Chloe’s (I like her) insta.

What is that metal canister on the ground? Is it a European door stopper or just junk on the floor acting like a door stopper?

View attachment 1561953
Plus who in their right mind (nevermind) puts wallpaper behind a sink without a backsplash? It will get water on it every single time someone uses the sink...

• Heart
Reactions: 25
View attachment 1562118

So what's with this bath? Why is it not flush to the floor? It looks like it's braced with wooden feet and has some kind of metal tray underneath, possibly for drips? Floor grout needs redoing. No tiles round the edge of the bath, yikes! Wallpaper would get soaked and moldy. But there's fresh (or at least questionable) towels laid out, so someone is staying in this room, otherwise why bother? Is this bathroom still to be renovated and which room is it attached to?

Can anyone zoom in close enough to read the woman's name tag?
Name tag - looks like colleen for first name, cant read last name.

Reactions: 10
It looks like (some of) the patreons, especially the two older women, are having a nice time. The tenderhearted, pitying side of me is happy for them...
Honestly though, I cannot help but feel that anyone showing up to this "event" is just sad, desperate, and pathetic. Then again, I am not a groupie and I have never been impressed by celebrities, I am talking about the real celebrities... How in the world can they actually be thrilled to visit these ridiculous legend in their own minds charlatans.
I really feel sorry for these patreons. They just don't know any better. These sheople scream hoodwinked, lonely, I wannbe valid and included...

Anyone remember those stupid coin operated animal rides right outside of the grocery stores?
View attachment 1561749
The PD pictures remind me of when I would see happy, smug toddlers on these horrific rides- Smiling patreons going from taking pictures of a bathroom, to a crap lunch in the garage.
Mom or dad on the side, wishing they were home drinking the beer they just bought (Miller Light?) counting down the seconds for horsy to come to a jagged stop- Shateau peops wondering when everyone is going to GTFO so they can have a real party).

The terrace could have accommodated this size group.
They ate in that nasty garage that was full of junk? At least clean it out!
Rumpled tablecloths.
Paper napkins. Emmaus run out of linen?
Cheese placed directly on a metal tray. :sick:
Honestly that was a crap lunch, plated crappily.

Do patreons even know any better? Or do they just not want to admit otherwise... I do feel bad for the one(s) who finally get it though...

When they were throwing crap together for this event, how many times did the Shateau people say, Don't worry about it, they wont know the difference...?

Shame on Chateau Lala. Do better.
I posted much the same before reading all these comments. We are (most of us) of the same opinion. Cloth napkins should be required! They have hundreds of them!!!! They can't be bothered to launder some napkins? The cheese tray was disgusting. That place probably stinks from all the peacock sh*t. The whole scene is disgraceful. I don't think they are willing to "do better."

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Plus who in their right mind (nevermind) puts wallpaper behind a sink without a backsplash? It will get water on it every single time someone uses the sink...
Maybe that’s why there’s no running water in that sink, just wet wipes and hand scrub, must protect the expensive, badly installed wallpaper.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34

View attachment 1561952
View attachment 1561953

What are those little squares spread out on the glass shelf? Individual wet wipes because of no running water or condoms?
View attachment 1561956
View attachment 1561966View attachment 1561957

Remember the toilet duck? Now he’s a design feature.
View attachment 1561958

What’s in the can on the floor on the far side of the toilet?
View attachment 1561960View attachment 1561961

Dan’s dangling pantry wires. I don’t think this is a good place to hang onions or anything else because no one can reach the items in the very back above the refrigerators and of course no one will clean anything that falls on top of them.
View attachment 1561963

We usually gripe about the grime by this kitchen cabinet’s door handles, but look at the nasty floor below it. Gross.
View attachment 1561964
That's some of the worst wall papering I've ever seen. It's really not so difficult to lift edges and remove air bubbles. I think that was some really expensive paper. What a disaster. Yeah, and the rest is just gross.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Nic has a wood burner in his apartment. I do think Natty and Am have been living in there. Larking has sold up? Absolutely no sign of them coming back since Easter and his parents being there. And we know Me me and squirrel are going to see them in Belgium soon .
In the Patreon Marquis sitting room video, I thought Auntie said something proprietary about the chateau. Maybe they only see it that way as Stephanie may say that… or they are part owners?

• Wow
Reactions: 9
View attachment 1562118

So what's with this bath? Why is it not flush to the floor? It looks like it's braced with wooden feet and has some kind of metal tray underneath, possibly for drips? Floor grout needs redoing. No tiles round the edge of the bath, yikes! Wallpaper would get soaked and moldy. But there's fresh (or at least questionable) towels laid out, so someone is staying in this room, otherwise why bother? Is this bathroom still to be renovated and which room is it attached to?

Can anyone zoom in close enough to read the woman's name tag?
Chambre Bonne Maman

• Heart
Reactions: 9
OK, just have to mention this.
BUT, didn't Isabelle6541 say a while ago that the article that she and her fellow patrons were working towards with their journalist would be published sometime on the day of the first Patreon Summer Party?
Did I mis-read/misunderstand that?
Am I the only member here who finds it extraordinarily strange that neither @ClaraBurnett or @Isabelle6541 have made absolutely no comment whatsoever here today? Even just to confirm, that they did in fact attend? And, will come back later with more details. :unsure:
So what are you suggesting? 🤔

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
@Iolair Can anyone zoom in close enough to read the woman's name tag?

It does make sense that the stickers are name tags (what else could they be) but I don’t think they are as although I can’t read them, either on the photo from the bathroom or the one of the two ladies standing with IJ and Percy, I think I know what those two ladies are called and neither sticker looks like their names on f/b. So the only other thought is maybe they were divided into teams for their tour around the farmhouse as the stickers are different colours as well.

• Wow
Solicitors Regulatory Authority code of conduct - yes you would as a shareholder be able to - but - would be required to give notice to the board of an association of counsel attendance - we have to act with full transparency and be able to declare our purpose if attending professionally
It may just be a friend who is a lawyer who was invited along to see the place, after which he could advise whether or not to take legal action using another firm.

Maybe that’s why there’s no running water in that sink, just wet wipes and hand scrub, must protect the expensive, badly installed wallpaper.
I think wallpaper can be very nice, however, if you must use it in a bathroom it needs to be washable. I doubt very much if that expensive paper in the downstairs loo is washable with a cleanser that kills germs. Also, the wallpaper near the tub in one of the other photos is going to be exposed to a lot of steam. Well, that's if anyone actually takes baths in that place, other than Fanny in her copper tub for photo shoots.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.