The Chateau Diaries #178 The château is a dream that hides an ugly truth..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Goodness! What a chatty lot the 15 of you have been today! 😂 It's taking a minute to catch up! Thank you @Le Baiseur for creating a fresh new 🧵- you did a fantastic job! Congrats to our newest VIPs @Freesia54 & @Hemerocallis!!! 🍾🥂🍸🍻 See you in the VIP lounge later!!! Also hending hugs and positive thoughts to @Sparrowsfart right now! 😘

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Message from Chateau de LaLande on f/b

Françoise Moulin Surely you should read up on the concept of Patreon before making accusations. Any way Francois have a lovely evening, I am sure there is no point in you remaining a member of our group when we frustrate you so much, we must be making your life so unhappy & we don't want to do that.

Message from Fanny on f/b to patreon who posted the photos and then said she wouldn’t put any more up. “I have loads but won’t share anymore after last night’s disgraceful happening x”

Lin Gell It was an absolute pleasure to meet you and Corale, Lin! Please don’t worry, and feel free to post any photos you like. If I let haters stop me from posting anything, there wouldn’t be any vlogs! Your extraordinary actions during the pandemic show that you don’t let naysayers get in your way ❤ It was an honour to host you here at Lalande.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
OK, just have to mention this.
BUT, didn't Isabelle6541 say a while ago that the article that she and her fellow patrons were working towards with their journalist would be published sometime on the day of the first Patreon Summer Party?
Did I mis-read/misunderstand that?
Am I the only member here who finds it extraordinarily strange that neither @ClaraBurnett or @Isabelle6541 have made absolutely no comment whatsoever here today? Even just to confirm, that they did in fact attend? And, will come back later with more details. :unsure:
To me, the silence was completely expected. If they say they were there on day 1, vs day 2 or 3, it slims down the list of suspects by a lot, and I assume they want to remain anonymous. If they wait until the end of the 3 days, they remain one of any instead of one from a few.

Reactions: 26
The Tiny Tartan has a future as a Disneyland guide. I do hope he is entertaining the ladies with his clever banter, songs, and sophisticated jokes during Patron Daze. Haven't seen any selfies with him in it yet. Maybe he's misplaced his dentures. He could don one of his tartan face masks instead. Did they screen everyone for Covid vaccinations? No masks in sight even with some of those folks looking like they are at death's door.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 7

Françoise Moulin Surely you should read up on the concept of Patreon before making accusations. Any way Francois have a lovely evening, I am sure there is no point in you remaining a member of our group when we frustrate you so much, we must be making your life so unhappy & we don't want to do that.

Message from Fanny on f/b to patreon who posted the photos and then said she wouldn’t put any more up. “I have loads but won’t share anymore after last night’s disgraceful happening x”

Lin Gell It was an absolute pleasure to meet you and Corale, Lin! Please don’t worry, and feel free to post any photos you like. If I let haters stop me from posting anything, there wouldn’t be any vlogs! Your extraordinary actions during the pandemic show that you don’t let naysayers get in your way ❤ It was an honour to host you here at Lalande.
So I must be slow on the uptake.
What happened? I must have missed a backstory while quickly reading.

Reactions: 11
Thank you @Le Baiseur 🙌, it is not an easy task to start a new thread.
I have done it once. 🥵
❤ @ComtesseRose for keeping us on track.

About the dress...

View attachment 1561480

From the live chat...
Maria B @The Chateau Diaries beautiful dress. Goes perfect with the room!!!
bee french @jill Scott yes Stephanie’s dress is perfect with the rich tapestry colours of the apartment
The Chateau Diaries @Maria B I chose it especially!

From the comments...
Stephanie
2 days ago
Once again I have to ask where Stephanie got her dress or what brand it is? Also the gold necklace please, the entire outfit is gorgeous
The Chateau Diaries
2 days ago
Thank you! The necklace was a gift from my parents about 20 years ago. I bought the dress second hand in ‘Pandoras’ in Knightsbridge. It’s by Erdem

View attachment 1561295
Now, about the patron's garage luncheon.... an oil tank, the Lalande door and window salvage, stacked fire wood, not to be out done by school room seating, it is a shameful display. No one looks happy.

View attachment 1561313

View attachment 1561329
Absolute BS about the Erdem dress!

Erdem Moralioglu is the eponymous founder of fashion label Erdem, which he started in 2005 with a collection of softly sweeping dresses and floral prints, now a part of his signature aesthetic. The half-Turkish and half-British designer was born in Montréal, where he also grew up and took an interest in fashion at a young age.

Looks like someone bought the 2017 dress and removed the cutout and then sold it. Also why was this dress was never seen with the great closet clean up? Sure if you had a knockoff Princess Diana hideous suit you would have shown a designer Duchess Catherine and the supporting princess wear regularly. Am sure Phi Phi would have been chomping at the bit to twirl around in it! Shocked he didn’t ‘gift’ it to her along with her birthday shoes!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
View attachment 1562118

So what's with this bath? Why is it not flush to the floor? It looks like it's braced with wooden feet and has some kind of metal tray underneath, possibly for drips? Floor grout needs redoing. No tiles round the edge of the bath, yikes! Wallpaper would get soaked and moldy. But there's fresh (or at least questionable) towels laid out, so someone is staying in this room, otherwise why bother? Is this bathroom still to be renovated and which room is it attached to?

Can anyone zoom in close enough to read the woman's name tag?
Guessing the second name is Brooks...

Reactions: 7
What happened to all the chairs Percy was scrubbing? hope no one got a sliver in their bums from the old school chairs 😂
Always provide comfy chairs for the over 60's, that is basic curtesy. Those chairs are an insult. I thought they were so fond of making cushions, well this would have made all the difference for the poor old dears. Imagine, sitting on a hard uncomfortable chair and be bored by Potts's formula one stories...I think patreon numbers will shrink myself :LOL:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Speaking of dodgy plumbing I’m in Greece at the moment 😂
My daughter did her junior year of college in Athens (College Year Abroad program). When we went to visit, we were told the toilet paper does not go in the toilet, but in the little bin next to the toilet to be thrown in the trash. Eww. Have there been improvements? That was around 2006...

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
My daughter did her junior year of college in Athens (College Year Abroad program). When we went to visit, we were told the toilet paper does not go in the toilet, but in the little bin next to the toilet to be thrown in the trash. Eww. Have there been improvements? That was around 2006...
It’s the same & housekeeping didn’t empty my bin today 😬

• Sick
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11

Sorry Fanny...more of Lin's photos...

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 31

Wowser ….Lights ! Camera ! Action ! What on earth happened? Where is everyone to discuss this dramatic revelation? I don’t Facebook so thanks for posting …

• Haha
Reactions: 12
It's not just you. I really, really thought there just might be an actual event here. This clearly was something thrown together at the last minute, as far as the "venue site," what with the doors all stacked up against the wall, unattractive flowers, rumpled cloths, and paper napkins. How incredibly disappointing for the guests. I agree with a previous commenter that there should have been champagne, fancier food (and more abundant?), a nicer table setting, and why not at least cushions for the chairs? Perhaps each day improves? One can hope. Those poor people. I don't believe for a minute that they will be satisfied with this treatment, but who knows. If even a few wake up and start discussing the reality of this farce with others, maybe they will withdraw their patronage and we'll see an end to the scam. I am behind on posts (only to page five), so I don't know if Clara has piped in yet. I'm hoping she (and anyone else who is present there and part of our group here) will offer more details. Shame on the whole lot of them.
Same!
I’m thinking with all the $$$ she could serve them Kobe Beef!!! Good grief!!!
Don’t you think a big ole steak dinner would be nice as a thank you???
And Chamripple of course! 🥩 🍾🥂🎂
😳😬😮

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Sorry Fanny...more of Lin's photos...
They are standing outside of the chapel because they are afraid to go inside. As much as I love history, and I think the chapel was lovely (long ago) it looks a real safety hazard. Can it really be salvaged or would they be better off getting all of the stained glass and any other historic items out of there and demo-ing it... Can you imagine it collapsing on someone? Does anyone know the reality (besides the recent vlog with Mummy and the restorer, and Philip bounding in...)? Curious.

Reactions: 16
This made me laugh as @ploppityplop2 was the first one to like this...gettit...toilet, poop, ploppity plop.. :LOL: :LOL: Sorry, I'm a child..but this made me laugh...:LOL::LOL:
In answer to your question - yep it's still the same in Greece. Toilet paper in the bin.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
To be honest I couldn't be mean to Lin Gell it seems so important to her and such a huge build up, how Stef can take money from these people is just vile she has so much more than they could ever dream of-she really is nasty

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.