The Chateau Diaries #40 Vampire of the vanities, the grifters return

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe it was a way to pay Davey?
Why does everything have to be used? Why not wait until gites are built and then buy wgat is needed. I remember when Thomas was doing the laundry it showed the "white" towels on a shelf (for dust, vermin to gather). Looked very worn.
It's like when she was buying up old dressing gowns to use in guest rooms (pre 100 stars sponsorship).
In the video of the NZ couple in Rodgers room there are two dresses carnival costumes hanging on the wardrobe. Wondered why, they had no guests because of Covid, costume party for Kats birthday had the Bond theme.

Reactions: 7
From the comments, WHAT'S DAN DONE THIS TIME...
The Chateau Diaries
9 hours ago
It’s called ‘Jasper Peony’ by the British wallpaper manufacturer Lewis and Wood. I love it too!

Bonne Maman bathroom
image4.jpg
JP ALMOND bench.aa49dac5.jpg

£74.35 per metre
I am not a fan of wallpapered bathrooms. This was also done before she was spending other people's money for bathroom wallpaper? I doubt Lalande has proper bathroom ventilation. Who thinks the kidney shaped, ugly fabric draped vanity table with feathers is necessary? Have they ever hung a real mirror over the sink? Wallpaper on the right, tasteful, wallpaper on the left sad... Ok, I need to stop.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
The "crystal" looks very cheap. It's not great quality at all. It looks like "garage glass", the sort you get free when you buy petrol at a garage.

Its time Selmar moved on.
I’m sure I remember it being sold in a supermarket or somewhere like that when I was younger.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
From the comments, WHAT'S DAN DONE THIS TIME...
The Chateau Diaries
9 hours ago
It’s called ‘Jasper Peony’ by the British wallpaper manufacturer Lewis and Wood. I love it too!

Bonne Maman bathroom
View attachment 611188 View attachment 611189

I am not a fan of wallpapered bathrooms. This was also done before she was spending other people's money for bathroom wallpaper? I doubt Lalande has proper bathroom ventilation. Who thinks the kidney shaped, ugly fabric draped vanity table with feathers is necessary? Have they ever hung a real mirror over the sink? Wallpaper on the right, tasteful, wallpaper on the left sad... Ok, I need to stop.
Yes real mirror over the lavabo. And another one on the wall. I don't like both, the mirror on the wall is 🤢.

Attachments

Reactions: 5
Gutted that I can't afford it yet but this IS my dream Chateau. It's going to auction, with NO RESERVE.
The previous owners bought for 600,000 and spent in the region of 6 million on it...absolute bargain for someone.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Due to not having a crumbling crack den or a gaggle of fawning sycophants to exploit I’m struggling to support a bone idle lifestyle. So I’m developing a new paint colour range aimed at the Shitoe Chic (cheek?) market & would appreciate any feedback:

Harrow & Ballbag, an exciting new paint palette inspired by Fanny’s Folly

Festival of faeces - a sludgy amalgamation of rodent poop (AKA seven shades of tit).

Crimson de cringe - the universal cult complexion when Fanny oozes fugazi opening the spoils of sponging

Jaundice joie de vivre - a myriad of magical yellow shades ranging from faded pee stain to vintage peacock vomit.

This paint is paaarfect for polishing turds & masking cracks, dust, mould, electric tape, snide pervy art, dirt and blatant begging.
You’ve missed an important color group for any chateau- the 3G aka gold gilding group. For every wall, chair, picture frame, candlestick, lamp, wardrobe, table, and everything that the royalty sees or sits on must have that “touch of gold”.
Full disclosure - I really like the gold wax rub I saw on one of the episodes and would totally use that if it worked on anything in my house;)

Reactions: 9
Gutted that I can't afford it yet but this IS my dream Chateau. It's going to auction, with NO RESERVE.
The previous owners bought for 600,000 and spent in the region of 6 million on it...absolute bargain for someone.

Nice but I wouldn't buy it. Once again, the owners call Loire Valley what is not Loire Valley. Beisdes it is "neo-classic" meaning it was built or renovated in late 19e century.
It is located in Haut-Anjou, near Segré. Almost Brittany !

That's how all these british chateaux owners try to present and sell their assets.

"Located in the Haut-Anjou, near Segré and at 45min from Angers, historical capital city of Anjou.
As great lovers of art, history and architecture, it is our sincere pleasure to welcome you to Chateau de Falloux. Here in the beautiful landscape of the Loire Valley where the royalty of France chose to build the most exquisite French castles (Chateaux), we hope to give these extraordinary places a role for the future of our not only French culture, but for the culture of the world.

David & William O'Neil, owners"

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Beisdes it is "neo-classic" meaning it was built or renovated in late 19e century.
That doesn't matter to me. I have read the complete history of it, and it's architect. I think it's beautiful. The current owners were all over the newspapers internationally when they fell out of love with the chateau, and why. Wind turbine issues.

Reactions: 6
Due to not having a crumbling crack den or a gaggle of fawning sycophants to exploit I’m struggling to support a bone idle lifestyle. So I’m developing a new paint colour range aimed at the Shitoe Chic (cheek?) market & would appreciate any feedback:

Harrow & Ballbag, an exciting new paint palette inspired by Fanny’s Folly

Festival of faeces - a sludgy amalgamation of rodent poop (AKA seven shades of tit).

Crimson de cringe - the universal cult complexion when Fanny oozes fugazi opening the spoils of sponging

Jaundice joie de vivre - a myriad of magical yellow shades ranging from faded pee stain to vintage peacock vomit.

This paint is paaarfect for polishing turds & masking cracks, dust, mould, electric tape, snide pervy art, dirt and blatant begging.
Ha! There was actually a colour very popular in Marie Antoinette's time called Caca du Dauphin, referencing the contents of the said Dauphin's nappy. Perhaps perfect for Lalalande .😂😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
You’ve missed an important color group for any chateau- the 3G aka gold gilding group. For every wall, chair, picture frame, candlestick, lamp, wardrobe, table, and everything that the royalty sees or sits on must have that “touch of gold”.
Full disclosure - I really like the gold wax rub I saw on one of the episodes and would totally use that if it worked on anything in my house;)
How could I forget sling on the bling?🧐

Thank you. SJ is short. Does this mean Davy needs to be on his knees when brushing his teeth?
Perhaps not to brush his teeth but he would have to bow down passing the bathroom door. You can see Ian who is shorter than Davy do this at 15:45 ff in the video. Screenshot doesn't really show it, you must watch the vlog there you can see how he has to bow.
Screenshot (277).png

I don't need a mirror to brush my teeth, find them without looking ;) but if Davy has to use a mirror, the other one, on the wall, would be more appropriate.

• Haha
I don't need a mirror to brush my teeth, find them without looking.
This might be misunderstood. It's not like this:

The dentist asks his patient:"What do your teeth do at night?"
Patient:"I don't know, we sleep apart."

I find my teeth in my mouth without looking in the mirror. 😊

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Yes real mirror over the lavabo. And another one on the wall. I don't like both,
I guess SJ "mirrors" (!) her own needs when she furnishes a room. I suspect she frequently looks at herself in mirrors so that is what she would like if she were a guest. No doubt, for some less fathomable reason, she also feels the need to have lurid pink things (wall lights?) on the wall and some ostrich feathers in a vase! There's no accounting for taste (or lack of it).

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
The current owners were all over the newspapers internationally when they fell out of love with the chateau, and why. Wind turbine issues.
Thought so ... That's happening all over France and that's why there are so many châteaux for sale ...

I don't need a mirror to brush my teeth, find them without looking ;) but if Davy has to use a mirror, the other one, on the wall, would be more appropriate.
She looked somewhat stressed in that frame, maybe because she had some work clothes on so had had to lift a little finger and actually do something for a change but probably not for long!

• Haha
Nice but I wouldn't buy it. Once again, the owners call Loire Valley what is not Loire Valley. Beisdes it is "neo-classic" meaning it was built or renovated in late 19e century.
It is located in Haut-Anjou, near Segré. Almost Brittany !

That's how all these british chateaux owners try to present and sell their assets.

"Located in the Haut-Anjou, near Segré and at 45min from Angers, historical capital city of Anjou.
As great lovers of art, history and architecture, it is our sincere pleasure to welcome you to Chateau de Falloux. Here in the beautiful landscape of the Loire Valley where the royalty of France chose to build the most exquisite French castles (Chateaux), we hope to give these extraordinary places a role for the future of our not only French culture, but for the culture of the world.

David & William O'Neil, owners"
EDIT : They are not British but American (from California). Their architect is Scottish and they work with 60+ local tradesmen companies.

Hat off.

Thought so ... That's happening all over France and that's why there are so many châteaux for sale ...
According to the newspapers shared in their website, the local mayor and council had voted against this wind turbines project but changed their mind recently.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.