The Chateau Diaries #177 Tattlers, the ideal summer garden party guests!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Isabelle6541

As the 1st Patreon Day dawns, I'm wondering how your group has worked out the logistics and have several questions:

As this is a 3 day event, one would assume you have members going on each day. Is this correct? Will those going on (for example) Tuesday Day 1 be in communication with those going on Day 2, and Day 3? No doubt you'll be meeting up after each day to compare notes and discuss further action? But what about those who are not even going to be in France until Day 3 to attend the event? Will they be informed of what's happened on days 1 and two? Things to watch out for? Pitfalls to avoid? Who might be approachable within the chateau for support? You've also said that several of you group are travelling with lawyers as their plus one, so I'm wondering too about the billable hours. How does that work, especially as presumably, some of you are travelling to France from the UK, Europe and further afield, possibly the USA/Canada and Australasia? Incredibly expensive yes? I've never known a lawyer, even one working pro bono, to be even remotely altruistic, so I'm sceptical. Are the non legal plus ones in your group aware of the situation? And will they be in a position to help if needed? Do you have a different spokesperson for each day? Are there reporters with your group? Are there those in your group who have joined up to be each other's plus ones on different days, thereby allowing one person to be there on two or more days? Are there any members in your group who have booked into Lalande for the following weekend to do any follow-up investigations? Have you contacted Selmar and Tatyana for their imput? Other volunteers who left? What's been the result? How soon will you be prepared, and willing if at all, to report back to Tattle? How much are you willing to share? Did you at any time consider asking Tattle members, or other ex-patrons to join your group? If not, why not? Once you have confronted Stephanie in her lair, what's your next move? What happens if you don't get the answers your looking for? Will you consider it a wasted exercise and throw in the towel? What do you plan to do with the information you're gathering? 🤔

Good hunting.

• Wow
Reactions: 24
Been looking for this factoid on the intransigence of Camilla Parker Bowles and finally found it -- Tina Brown, Diana Chronicles, quoting royal biographer Sally Bedell Smith, says Parker Bowles called Stuart Higgins, former editor of The Sun tabloid, once a week for 10 years, 1982-92, to brief him on the state of the Wales' marriage. This is what Diana was up against.
Brown and others believe Charles, who was speaking daily to Camilla by phone from the second day of his honeymoon, resumed his physical relations with her in 1983, before the birth of Harry. Others, including Mark Shand's girlfriend, who spent many weekends at the Parker Bowles' home, believe the physical relationship never ended.
Parker Bowles is definitely not nice, definitely not good for Charles or the monarchy, and should never be queen.
Here Stuart Higgins claims to have talked to Parker Bowles once a week for 10 years.

View attachment 1557874

View attachment 1557875

Here's a review of the book, complete with reference to the fact Parker Bowles' divorce lawyers made sure she was cash poor after her divorce, so Charles would be forced to step in to pay for the groceries, horses, and clothes.
She never wanted to marry him; she wanted Charles and the husband she had always preferred.
Brown believes that if Parker Bowles had been "honorable" the Wales' marriage had a chance of succeeding.
But she was, and is, not.
Charles and Camilla's behaviour would have been unbearable for a 19 year old girl, chosen for nothing more than to give Charles an Heir. Little wonder her Mental Health suffered. I do wonder if Harry rebelling against the family is in part because he has seen and heard more than us mere mortals regarding his Mother's treatment. Camilla had her chance to marry Charlie but decided to marry Andrew PB while Charlie was away serving in the Navy. Diana wasn't perfect, which one of us are, but she was Beautiful, inside and out.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Too kind.
For some reason the passementerie section reminded me of the Bohemian decorator Jocasta Innes. Her Pauper's Cookbook was a great joie de vivre document of the 70s, how to live stylishly on no money (how Jane Grigson's foodie journalism started out). She expanded this DIY Whole Earth Catalogue ethos into home decor, buying an ancient and gracious house in what was then the slums of Spitalfields. She became an expert in stencilling and faux finishes, popularized that whole class of semi-aristo London girls who marbled walls, and made a fortune writing about it. She restored the whole house in Spitalfields and wrote a really good DIY home decor book, with instro on how to make your own passementerie, The Pauper's Homemaking Book. It democratized the very high end artisanal soft furnishing and finishes the rich pay skilled workers to make, by telling unskilled workers how to do it.
She was the woman to tackle a pit like Chateau Lalande.
With Amaury, she'd be making her own passementerie, refinishing real treasures of furniture she spied at the brocante, and making an absolutely beautiful home based on actual good taste and hard work.
Instead, Jarvis doesn't buy the right stuff either at Emmaus or Watts, and treats both the low end stuff and the high end stuff -- including the chateau -- with shocking disrespect. She has no respect for the value that artisanal labor (or any other kind, especially volunteer) gives to material things.
Jocasta Innes had her issues, but respect, appreciation, gratitude, for the sweetness of life through the domestic application of beauty, was not one of them. Jarvis thinks she's doing this but if the very best thing she's done in her life is to steal the panelling idea from Chenonceau, without scaling it to her room, while intending to do the gold stencilling herself, she does not get the point. Which is beauty, right sized, well performed, every day, and not just for the camera, for a lifetime.
Such a truly stunning home. Thanks @billybudd

Jocasta looks somewhat like Ghislaine!

Reactions: 6
🧵My first one. Don't worry. I won't be butt hurt. Just a suggestion but I'm sure someone will make VIP before the end of this one and congratulations in advance. new VIP!! Anyway 🧵 suggestion " Fanny is so full of crap it backed up into what people think is cleavage"

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Forcing ourselves to go to bed after wine and meeting a few new friends.I really wish I had a secret handshake with @Clara Burnett but sure hope to get a wink. Some locals really do talk smack about the farmhouse. It is actually pretty funny and not shocking at all.

One more thing - she did not promote this event because she did not want people to actually come. They made it difficult and did not communicate well at all. She is so conniving but we know that already. For now I will leave it at that.
Was the Patreon "trois jours de joie". Invitation extended to all.patrons by some sort of round robin e-mail or was the event only referred to in the Patreon exclusive extra content, behind-the-scenes patron love-in vlogs?

I suspect I know the answer!

Stephanie has done the bare minimum - if that - to fulfil the promise of a Patrons' summer garden party.

For fête champêtre read fait accompli - on the surface she made it look as if she's made an effort, scratch the veneer and it's all a ruse.

Reactions: 16
I thought she looked good too, but don't tell her I said that!
she said it’s from a dress agency in Knightsbridge, Erdem….. she cannot help herself with labels

Rumor has it. Although her story is he came to the old folks home with his mother who worked there. What relationship to Derek is a mystery. But isn't it all " smoke and mirrors ????
Something stinks as Gerry is 15 years older than me me so why on earth would he be happy pushing her about in her pram? He made out he was11 or 12 when she was born. Mmm.
why was he in the car when me me first saw the nursing home?

Reactions: 8
she said it’s from a dress agency in Knightsbridge, Erdem….. she cannot help herself with labels
Erdem is a brand often worn by Kate Middleton, it is femine and demure, necklines are predominantly high. Usually cost 1000 plus for day dresses with evening triple that. I just had a look online,couldn't find a dress with so much décolleté on show.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
Can someone figure out how to make him disappear like the door?
Imagine arriving at the chateau for the holiday of a lifetime….being shown the Marquis sitting room and ‘enjoy your stay’. Later that evening the guests wonder why they do not have a bedroom as the door is sooo hidden that they end up sleeping on the couch 🙄😅

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Brenda’s up with a bee in her bonnet. Got out of the wrong side of the bed?

“Good morning everyone,

One of our members Johanna Veerenhuis put up a post asking how does the Lalande family cope with trolls/negative comments, & what to do with the increasing number of "Copy Cat" Chateau Diary accounts that are appearing on You Tube.

None of us would like to see material written about us publicly that intrudes into our private lives, speculating, fantasizing & overflowing with hatred. Stephanie & Co are the same, human beings with hearts & feelings, so of course it hurts them. They also realise, that it is one of the down points of success & being in the public eye.

There will always be people who thrive on being negative & unkind about others. Whilst the internet has been a life changer for many, it has been the bane in the lives of many more. Due to the anonymity, these keypad warriors feel they can cause hurt & mayhem without repercussions, but, the tide is turning. Platforms who enable this behavior & their members are being challenged, successfully in the courts for defamation. It will take a while, but eventually there will be laws in place to deal with this unacceptable behavior which has a dreadful effect on the lives of those targeted.

In the meantime, the best action is to IGNORE. They are thriving for attention on their topic, for reactions whether positive or negative from readers....Do not play into their hand.

There are 2 types of copy cat accounts on You Tube currently

1) The individual who wants to make money off others...they duplicate successful channels in the hope they can divert followers to their channel via confusion, unfortunately it does work.

2) The hater/troll whose goal is to be cruel & upset others...including the persons followers, US!

The best way to avoid this mistake is to ALWAYS type in "The Chateau Diaries" in You Tube's search bar & go to the channel directly, do not follow links or recommendations that pop up on your feed.

Please note, that ANY links provided in posts here will take you to the official channel.

1. If you do go to a copy cat channel, it is not the end of the world. What is very very important, DO NOT REACT, no thumbs down, no comments good or bad. You Tube's algorithms, which is its brain, LOVES reactions good or bad, as it is proof people are using their platform. They make their money via advertising, 50k thumbs up or down is nothing to them...it shows the channel has had 50k of a footfall which is good for their potential advertisers so they will promote the channel.....hence how you received a notification in the first place.

2. You will see 3 dots ... at the side of the screen, if you click this & scroll down, you can report the channel to You Tube.

Please note, we have 0 tolerance for cruel/intrusive comments & will remove a member without dialogue. If we have missed what you feel is an offensive remark, please notify us, we take these matters very seriously.

PS. Jason Aaron Dubey don't undersell yourself you are much better looking than Elton John lol!!!!....we have your back...lol!!! xxx

Remember folks....

"You say it best when you say nothing at all"”
I'll try to be brief. To prove defamation (in the US courts) the plaintiff has to prove that the accused (the defendant) made inaccurate claims, and caused direct harm financially, physically, or psychologically. I don't see any of that happening. Much of what is posted here is based on the premise that she is grifting funds, and she would be hard-pressed to prove otherwise, and if she is suffering you wouldn't know it by what she is putting out to the public. Sorry, Brenda, but any case arguing defamation vs. free speech in this instance is a perditam causam.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Yes, I believe so. I know that a doctor prescribed that for my grandmother after surgery in the 50’s or 60’s and she couldn’t take it. She ended up backing into a snowbank and not knowing how it happened. My family’s body chemistry is super sensitive and a doctor that I went to years ago told me that he only had two patients (including me) at his entire clinic that had reactions such as I had. I have to be super careful. Not easy to find health care providers who comprehend.
I’m sorry to say many doctors make out those who have reactions are rare. It’s not necessarily the case. Many have nothing more than a prescription pad and some may benefit financially from prescribing so…. And those that take these drugs may be on them for years and have little or no help to come off. Akathsia is terrible and yes they affect the nervous system.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Imagine arriving at the chateau for the holiday of a lifetime….being shown the Marquis sitting room and ‘enjoy your stay’. Later that evening the guests wonder why they do not have a bedroom as the door is sooo hidden that they end up sleeping on the couch 🙄😅
The waste of money and time on this whole thing is shocking. I hope Amaury feels ok about splitting credit for his bespoke and beautiful workmanship with an under educated, over indulged, “actor” who has ZER0 qualifications in this area. Philip needs to go back to school and learn the basics of scale, balance, and color if this is what he wants to do. That hunter green slab over the fireplace is just terrible. The wallpaper is terrible. Ugh! Stephanie gives Philip free artistic reign and shouldn’t. He has a bad eye for art.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I'm not current on reading these posts so something has probably been said, but I had to log on after suffering through the Marquis apartment reveal. When I was at the farm, I tried to converse with Fanny about Aubusson after spending a day there including a lot of time at the museums. She had nothing to say about it - crickets... now she wants her viewers to believe that she is honoring the rich tradition of tapestry in France by plastering paper images from an English manor on her very French walls. The residents of Aubusson would have mustard coming out of their noses (la moutarde me monte au nez) if they stumbled upon this wretched room. And do I need to point out that the "theme" of Venus and Adonis is a projection of Fanny's fantasy world? Watch out "Adonis fancy pants" - you don't want to do any hunting in that forest. Oh and if you're reading this "cuz", you are not "restoring" the chateau. You're decorating it. Your skills would be put to better use in a listed property. You are a genius, but I hope you're aware that you are being used to feed the ego of a malignant narcissist (which it could be argued is what the original master carpenters were doing in the 1700s.) The word FOLLY comes to mind - the folly of decorating a room when the walls are crumbling all around it just to satisfy the whimsy of a pampered child-woman. So sad. And that coving is WAY OVER THE TOP (pun intended) for that room. The whole thing is ridiculous. Such a waste of time, money, energy, and capital. It's Fanny holding the chateau on her fingertips as it tips askew on its foundations - Derek's painting more prescient than ever. And I want to thank this forum for being the place where I can admit to belly-aching laughter when phi phi arrived hovering a framed painting over the fireplace while all around him are actual hard-working people, sweating bullets to satisfy Venus. (I have to point out too that screwing on an outlet plate is not electrical work phi phi. Sorry. It's just not.) One year, one room...tens of thousands of dollars of other people's money. All the Gavin Luke music in the world being played over your ridiculous folly does not make this a worthy endeavor.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.