The Chateau Diaries #175 The lonely chair is where Philip sits after being Potty's fluffer

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i watch La Ferte from time to time...its also a rotten chateau ..filled with woodworm..and i find the couples interaction even more strange than Peter and Anna..
I have felt that in connection with Peter and Anna recently and that they occasionally go a little too "off track" for my liking/.
I am getting the "school girl siren" vibe from her in their recent vlogs. And, that Peter likes it a little too much. TMI for my liking - keep it behind closed doors and to yourselves as far as I am concerned! 🤮

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Hi, I watched it, and believe they were able to obtain funding through the French Government - a very long process and their chateau had to tick several boxes before even been considered. I also believe the funding is for the roof and facade. Nothing to be suggests serious money or e begging.
Setting up a patron account is a red flag for me

Reactions: 16
The pear tree in my own garden was infested with moths really early this year - no idea why, (long black streaks on the leaves - made my skin crawl), and, because of the drought should have been harvested far earlier than normal - which I didn't realise that I should do.
I wonder if that is "Pear and Cherry Tree Slug" ...... very common and you spray for it . You have holes in the leaves as well as that black slug which is small.

Reactions: 6
also another puzzle...here in The netherlands you have to be member of a club to fly a thing like that...why be a member when your hardly there..maybe the remote controler was in there so steer Percy..not the plane.. ;)
Oh, but you forget, IJ feels so guilty about pulling Percy away from his hobbies (and family) - REALLY???
IMHO, everything must work to IJ's personal agenda, no matter what! Percy has absolutely no say in the matter!
I too feel that IJ and Percy sent ahead storage boxes full of their personal belongings for their "prolonged" stay in France, not necessarily at the HMN, just France per se! :rolleyes:

What i dont understand with these "chatelaines"... Why the duck do you buy a house that you cannot a) afford to renovate and b) up keep and c) make profitable businesses. Granted the covid was a spanner in the works for many but still... Us regular people buy/rent/squat in what we can afford and sure as f dont expect random strangers to pay for it. I dream of a chateau but realise without a substantial lottery win - it will never happen. And if it does, sure as duck not going to ask for patreons to pay my way.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
That is the traditional education for land owners.
And also, farmers' children too. As is my family heritage/background too.
Although, my father as the eldest child, walked away from inheriting his family farm, but 2 generations later, I found myself going back to the land in qualifying as a landscape/garden designer because of what my father had taught me during my formative years in his allotment. The genes will always "out" themselves! :love:

• Heart
Reactions: 7
What i dont understand with these "chatelaines"... Why the duck do you buy a house that you cannot a) afford to renovate and b) up keep and c) make profitable businesses. Granted the covid was a spanner in the works for many but still... Us regular people buy/rent/squat in what we can afford and sure as f dont expect random strangers to pay for it. I dream of a chateau but realise without a substantial lottery win - it will never happen. And if it does, sure as duck not going to ask for patreons to pay my way.
Let me guess-
Your parents told you :
  • Earn what you want.
  • If you can't afford it, you can't have it.
  • If you can't afford, but still want it, then work and save.
These moochers CAN afford to pay for it themselves. They just do NOT want to.
They see that the grift works and they want to go get some for themselves.

We bought our house cash, took out a line of equity, renovated, paid it off. About ten years later we took out a second line of equity, built our addition, and are now paying of it off. It is how it should be done.
Honest people pay their way.
You dream of a chateau but refuse to have others pay for your dream because you are a responsible, fine, upstanding adult who was raised right.

Isabel twirling the ribbon? She is wondering where she went wrong... It was either twirl the ribbon or strangle them with it.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Thanks @JackSpratt we cycled into the centre of Rennes this morning, which in itself was great, through a park and alongside a canal before reaching the jewel that is the old centre. The timber framed old homes with such interesting fascades and bulging/subsiding adding to their history. Hubby being 2 metres tall and a builder spotted the door heights and as we had lunch saw a lorry driving by with ancient beams and timber details to be restored or reused. I was impressed by a shop called Toto, a haberdashery heaven, so many fabrics, made me wish I could quilt. I ff through the birthday gift grab, is it a man thing or just Gerry? He left the price on the back of the 'sister' card. 1.99 a bargain basement offering and not the first time I think I've seen a card with price from him.

We don't have many biting bugs in Ireland so we seem to attract them when away. Any suggestions to 1. Reduce the itch when bitten and 2. Stop getting bitten in the first place.

• Heart
  • Sad
A lot of the people I see on ETTC or Chateau DIY seem to be like Stephanie -- not really making it in the real world, and powerfully motivated by the real estate fantasy which is so much more magical in the planning than it is in execution and actuality. The more down to earth seem to buy what they can afford -- Yip and Paul (Help, I Bought A Village) or Dan and Annalise both longing to get into the ranks of home owners and unable to no matter how hard they work back in Blighty. Gay couples may be looking for a place they can feel safe to establish a family or a commune as well as a business -- the Lalacelles seem pretty grounded even if Terry did a massive grift -- weeping for a €17,434 GoFundMe to repair a €6K wall.

I like how entrance hall looked before. It was much simpler. Now it's just too much going on with that wallpaper, vase and plants.
Yep, Fanny has ruined many spaces in the dump. She has taste for tit.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
No idea of the law in France, but in the UK he would not be able to claim any asset. For a start, she employs him and he lives in. She owes him nothing once it is over. He buys things, She buys things. There does not seem to be any joint account. There would be no entitlement. Now if they marry - different story entirely. But then I guess he would be signing a pre-nup.
I have previously asked this exact same question. Apparently, co-habitating in France, as opposed to the UK, is an entirely different ball game, especially when property is involved. I have no idea of the "authentic" laws.
And, SJ, has frequently alluded to the fact they she and PJ do actually co-habit. Plus, he was originally a volunteer, then an employee too. Very complicated imo.
I personally couldn't give a rat's arse if SJ is stuffed over by PJ - BUT, how stupid would she really be to allow that to happen? Time will tell!

Reactions: 6
I'm really quite astonished in some people not knowing what Tasmania is.
I'm even more astonished to find out that Google doesn't know what Tasmania is. 🤣
My Google search produces 236 million results for Tasmania (Note to Tassie: please do better 😍).
(And 3.9 million for Tasmanian Jelly - though admittedly this does include jelly fish 😆 - and 247 thousand for bush jelly jam).

But of course Fanny was trying to say she didn't know what Tasmania Jelly is, but it came out as "I don't know what Tasmania is"...
Thereby making her look even more of a stupid fool than ever.

So anyway, Tasmanian Jelly is like quince jam, but usually made with pollen from the flowering gum nuts of the Australian lemon myrtle eucalyptus tree and often referred to as "Bush Jelly". It's highly recommended and quite divine. It has subtle lemon flavour, a little spicey, that's lovely on scones and cakes with Australian King Island Cream, a cream so heavenly that it's the preferred cream served at Windsor Castle).
Hasn't the Tasmanian tiger recently been rediscovered? Or was that a hoax!

Tasmania - Australian state and island. Off of the coast of Australia, south of Melbourne. Well known for it's Devil as depicted in Loony Tunes cartoon Taz. That's from O level geography 45 years ago. I passed. O Level geography that is.

Not sure what date this was from the daily express UK rag about the care of residents at Cransford Hall…. mmm
Is this after mummy and darling daddy were there? Or were they not indeed owners and just staff? I wonder.

Reactions: 7
I mentioned about a month ago that my sweet 2 year old, ten pounds of love, mini dachshund Hobi (Hoe-bee), my teen daughter named him after BTS’s J-Hope’s nickname, had a growth on the underside of the base of his tail. I took him to the vet, and the dr said because of his age it might resolve itself with steroids. So, poor Hobi got a shot directly into the lump and I applied liquid steroids topically every day for a month. The growth didn’t go away and actually doubled in size. It went from a small fresh colored bump to a big nasty raisin. Poor Hobi had to have surgery yesterday to remove the lump and it’s been sent out to make sure it’s not cancerous. Please keep your fingers crossed for my lil puppers.❤

B33C218A-ADDA-4070-945E-F4F4398F197F.jpeg

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 78
Interesting you'd bring up Cat and the drinking vibe. In last night's performance of "Let's Pretend to Make Fun of the American Chick" also known as "American Chick Is Super Obnoxious For Attention and as a Vlog Filler", Cat was the only one drinking. She was nursing a bottled beer (at least that's what it looked like....green bottle) and I thought it was strange that no one else had a glass of anything alcoholic. The last time we saw Cat, she was in the new garden with Dan with a bottle of beer, too. It's like she day drinks all day and night!
I thought that it was rather odd that Kat's pending arrival hadn't been mentioned by SJ previously. She just seemed to randomly appear out of nowhere and then was 75% featured within the vlog doing all kinds of stuff, especially taking the piss out of Chloe - defo mean girl vibes from where I was watching.
Wot, Kat - you don't have a life or full time career, earning/being responsible, mid-30s adult job in London? So, at the drop of a hat, you can be at the HMN borrowing your mummy's car for transportation, yet again?
Oh how, your parents must be so proud of you. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 9
I mentioned about a month ago that my sweet 2 year old, ten pounds of love, mini dachshund Hobi (Hoe-bee), my teen daughter named him after BTS’s J-Hope’s nickname, had a growth on the underside of the base of his tail. I took him to the vet, and the dr said because of his age it might resolve itself with steroids. So, poor Hobi got a shot directly into the lump and I applied liquid steroids topically every day for a month. The growth didn’t go away and actually doubled in size. It went from a small fresh colored bump to a big nasty raisin. Poor Hobi had to have surgery yesterday to remove the lump and it’s been sent out to make sure it’s not cancerous. Please keep your fingers crossed for my lil puppers.❤

View attachment 1540022
Toto is a very lucky and kind of psycho little 9 1/2 lb. rescue dog. She hates other dogs. Nevertheless, she sends her very crabby regards to your good boy. Mr. Hobi, she recommends yelping as if Satan himself was gnawing your entrails at the slightest unwanted touch or command.

• Heart
  • Haha
Re the Chateau du Peron - I did a lengthy post re them in July, based on an article in an Australian newspaper - they are both Australian. He was a politician. I am not familiar with their finances, but they have both worked until recently and sold Australian properties. They are also harnessing funding through multiple sources and sponsorships (I’m not sure why they have announced the funding today of €150K unless it is in addition to the govt funds already received - as referenced in article).
Perhaps they should have produced more YT content first before patreon started. They are active on instagram. Their videos are more walking around showing versus actual showing detailed work. I like their videos just need more actual filming of the doing.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.