The Chateau Diaries #175 The lonely chair is where Philip sits after being Potty's fluffer

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I too believe she would have trouble off loading it. Though, off course, one of her rapid, and rich, patrons may buy it just because it was fanny's.
Gites and a swimming pool for summer renters would make it a money-earning enterprise. I think rooms for her friends and rellies is a scam, and making money renting gites is the only good idea she's had. She's using the Patreon money for this renovation, not restoration, which is a scam, but as I say, the one progressive thing she's attempted with her good fortune. That she can't make even this happen -- if her desire is to sell -- strikes me as exhibit A in the argument that she is a duck up to the bone. Clara's perspicacious remarks on the tragedy of SJ's degrading the old place -- the damage to the built environment she commits -- points to the weight and magnitude of the diagnosis.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
IJ seemed quite out of it. Just not quite there, mind wandering. Only really engaging when asked a direct question. She's not especially interested I anything. Notice when she twines the pink ribbon around and around, concentrating on that only. Repetitive behaviour often seen in dementia patients. But regardless of whether I believe she's showing some early signs of cognitive degeneration, she's one very tired woman, physically and mentally.
Not too tired to weed, Not too tired to tell Philip his chandelier is tit. And not too tired (as far as we know) to take her name off the association board.
I'd like to know what papers those were in her pig bag that her flask was leaking on.

Reactions: 13
I feel a rant coming on...serve French food damn it! Stop pouring wine in decanters, buy your cheese from a cheesemonger, fish from a fishmonger, meat from a butcher! Stay far, far away from those hideous box stores for your pantry. What has happened to the fruit trees!? I want to know! What's with all the horrible courgettes and bitter lettuce? Why didn't you plan a better garden to coincide with meals? Clean out the fridge every week, and I mean every week. This is ridiculous! Whew! Blood pressure returning to normal now. I think I shall have a bit of cheese and wine, French of course.🧀 🍷 🇫🇷 🥰
All the fruit trees/vines in the potager were either laid down to accommodate the pergola build/were cut back for long overdue rejuvenating purposes this year that they won't produce any fruit. AND, Davy's recommendation for "ornamental" pretty blossom pear trees (that was SJ's preference, of course), will never produce fruit in any case, end of!
The pear tree in my own garden was infested with moths really early this year - no idea why, (long black streaks on the leaves - made my skin crawl), and, because of the drought should have been harvested far earlier than normal - which I didn't realise that I should do.
BUT, tbh, because of the moth infestation, I truly didn't wish to eat them, therefore have put them all out for the birds/'insects.
Glad your blood pressure has returned to normal and you are enjoying your French wine and cheese, :love:

Reactions: 7
I have bought an Abaya many years ago which I always take with me during the summer because Jews, Christians & Muslims do not allow you to enter the Church/ Synagogue/Mosque without being covered respectfully. I take the bad boy out of my bag, put it over my summer clothing, admire the religious murals/architecture and take it off outside. It's that simple. I don't have to look beautifull just respectful.

With mummy's return, potty semi permanently back at the royal dump, we need MPK to come over for a while. That will do phiphi.
Abaya, great idea. I used to have a whole wardrobe for the middle east, summer weight, long sleeved, knee length skirts -- as it turned out, all kind of preppy, Not my style. An abaya I could deal with.

Reactions: 6
Her bedroom looks terrible. I suspect she hasn’t fixed it because she has big, expensive plans for her own room. I wouldn’t be surprised if she’s scheming to order tens of thousands in DeGournay handpainted wallpaper, and will sell it to the patrons as an “investment” toward the “restoration.”
She is simply saving that area for C4's next ETTY DIY project.
No doubt, up the ladders in high boots and pushing each others bums up the ladders in order to reach the highest point. Just like IJ originally did with the neighbour/farmer as Sj recently stated was the case in her recent vlog! 🤮

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Isabelle, wife of Percy— I’m told you read here. Welcome.
A few things for you to tend to:
1. Phillip needs to go. I’m sure you see the illness in the relationship with your daughter.
2. Your daughter is still in love with Potts.
3. Depart by October before the winter chill sets in, find a home w/heating.
4. Explain to your daughter the difference between decorating (lipstick on the pig) and renovating.
More later. . . .

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
Actually, I bought my son a property last year - in his sole name as he was a first time buyer so avoided UK Stamp Duty. Simply for IHT purposes as I had downsized, e.g. I live for 7 years after doing so and he doesn't have to pay IHT on my entire estate. Even if I don't, it is a sliding scale downwards regarding IHT. SJ's parents gave her, her inheritance early in order to do the same and after 18 years, as far as I know - don't quote me, that IHT element no longer applies in the UK. Not 100% certain how it works in France.
My son's father and I divorced 25'ish years ago and his father made no contribution towards the purchase of my son's current property. Therefore, as my son is now a property owner, he obviously needs a will. In which he states that everything he owns goes to me - unless he gets married/has children in the meantime of course, if so, then his Will be need to be reviewed, of course!
Sadly and unfortunately, I have known a few parents whose children have died before they did.
WARNING Please think about this set up, on your sons (premature) death YOU could pay IHT, then YOU die and IHT paid AGAIN, take serious advice from a Solicitor to check what is right for your situation, especially if large sums of money are involved ..... avoid paying the Inheritance Tax Man if possible!

Reactions: 7
Following "Château de Purnon", just received a grant for restoration with Stephane Berne. Busy with roof restoration. Worth following, Aussie couple.😊
Steph Steph must be fuming her humble rundown farmhouse has not evening a listing to protect it….poor Steph Steph

• Haha
Reactions: 12
No worries, I’ve certainly done it. Kat’s always struck me as the games mistress type with a holier than thou attitude and a streak of viciousness.

edit: Ermagherd! I’m one post from VIP! How the heck did that happen?!?
Jes' sweepin' out the fish shack, cher.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I just started following Chateau de Purnon, these people have serious money and are restoring a completely listed château so everything has to be done to exacting standards, I was so disappointed that they just did an e begging vlog 😞
Hi, I watched it, and believe they were able to obtain funding through the French Government - a very long process and their chateau had to tick several boxes before even been considered. I also believe the funding is for the roof and facade. Nothing to be suggests serious money or e begging.

Reactions: 10
i get real lesbian vibes when i watch Kat...i bet she has a crush on Flashing Fanny...just like Marie Roadkiller...and Madame is the last to discourage them...she likes to play...she runs the biggest whorehouse on the prairie...
I totally agree.
And this vlog may well explain that as any N ages, why they delve deeper into the realms of the "faux" LGBTQIA+ territory - no offense intended obviously.
In order to remain in control and for added variety in personal supply, e.g. spreading the net wider because that original net has been exhausted throughout their early years!
Simply because Ns are unable to forge long term, lasting relationships in any aspects of their lives. AND, they do not wish to be "alone".
The Picture of Dorian Gray always springs to my mind whenever I think about these type of individuals! 🤮

Reactions: 5
My point is not that Isabelle should care or not care, but that every other kind of negative comment is intstantly deleted by Philip Janssen. Dozens of comments expressing distress over IJ's destructive rampage of what is said to be cultivated flowers are left to stand. The number of negative comments seems unprecedented and therefore a strategic, vengeful decision on Philip's part in an ongoing power struggle for control of Stephanie and the chateau. Let's not forget Stephanie participated on Isabelle's side in the weeding. It's an attack on Stephanie too.
Well observed.
He knows he's on his way out the door and is, like a child, lashing out.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Steph Steph must be fuming her humble rundown farmhouse has not evening a listing to protect it….poor Steph Steph
Not Stephfending but these people who hardly put out any content, asking for donations really? I’ve deleted many because there is no content like those 3 Americans and their parents two months without a vlog so disappointed. Fanny certainly gives entertainment value and fodder for our guns lol

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.