The Chateau Diaries #175 The lonely chair is where Philip sits after being Potty's fluffer

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks @JackSpratt

We don't have many biting bugs in Ireland so we seem to attract them when away. Any suggestions to 1. Reduce the itch when bitten and 2. Stop getting bitten in the first place.
Don't scratch the bites. If you look closely many have left in a feeding tube. When you scratch and knock off the feeding tube the whole itching starts again the the discomfort and bite lasts longer. If you don't mind using chemicals you can can get bands to wear against mozzies and also plug in things for the same thing in your bedroom. I don't do chemicals, so we get bitten.
Good luck.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
We don't have many biting bugs in Ireland so we seem to attract them when away. Any suggestions to 1. Reduce the itch when bitten and 2. Stop getting bitten in the first place.
I'm a mosquito and no-see-um magnet. Here's my go-to for bite/itch relief:
1661876787914.png
1661876835878.png

• Heart
Reactions: 12
the Lalacelles seem pretty grounded even if Terry did a massive grift -- weeping for a €17,434 GoFundMe to repair a €6K wall.
Under false pretenses.
They said it was a "chateau wall" when in reality it was "garden wall" that "fell down during a storm" in which the "wind was really strong."
The night was bright and clear and though cold at around 13⁰C, there was no wind and no storm. They want to put in a shower and toilet block at the base of that wall, and knew it couldn't be done because of the wall's instability. That wall had to be rebuilt and made stable and they arranged for it to come down.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Thanks @JackSpratt we cycled into the centre of Rennes this morning, which in itself was great, through a park and alongside a canal before reaching the jewel that is the old centre. The timber framed old homes with such interesting fascades and bulging/subsiding adding to their history. Hubby being 2 metres tall and a builder spotted the door heights and as we had lunch saw a lorry driving by with ancient beams and timber details to be restored or reused. I was impressed by a shop called Toto, a haberdashery heaven, so many fabrics, made me wish I could quilt. I ff through the birthday gift grab, is it a man thing or just Gerry? He left the price on the back of the 'sister' card. 1.99 a bargain basement offering and not the first time I think I've seen a card with price from him.

If you don't want to spray yourself with DEET, use Avon's Skin So Soft Bath Oil Spray (available on Amazon).It's an off-label use but works for bugs. And you'll smell nice. Benadryl topical spray for itching.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Pranarom spray and bite cream. Most French pharmacies, works a treat.
Para'kito bracelet which holds a anti mosquito lozenge. Again, most french pharmacies.

Unfortunately, here in France, they only seem to stock those things May to August and don't do pre-orders. We keep telling our local pharmacy that mosquitoes are a year long problem and no longer seasonal. Always particularly bad going into September. I've found that I can now get the Pranarom from Amazon and on repeat orders.
We've got friends coming to stay from the UK in a couple of weeks and she's paranoid about mossies and flys. She thinks as it will be September they'll be all gone. Haven't had the heart to tell here and they've got their own welcome pack of anti mossie stuff. She'll be a nightmare, arm flailing around all over the place. We have them all year round just a bit less in the Winter.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I mentioned about a month ago that my sweet 2 year old, ten pounds of love, mini dachshund Hobi (Hoe-bee), my teen daughter named him after BTS’s J-Hope’s nickname, had a growth on the underside of the base of his tail. I took him to the vet, and the dr said because of his age it might resolve itself with steroids. So, poor Hobi got a shot directly into the lump and I applied liquid steroids topically every day for a month. The growth didn’t go away and actually doubled in size. It went from a small fresh colored bump to a big nasty raisin. Poor Hobi had to have surgery yesterday to remove the lump and it’s been sent out to make sure it’s not cancerous. Please keep your fingers crossed for my lil puppers.❤

View attachment 1540022
Sweet Hobi, get well soon! My hounds send their blessings. 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Under false pretenses.
They said it was a "chateau wall" when in reality it was "garden wall" that "fell down during a storm" in which the "wind was really strong."
The night was bright and clear and though cold at around 13⁰C, there was no wind and no storm. They want to put in a shower and toilet block at the base of that wall, and knew it couldn't be done because of the wall's instability. That wall had to be rebuilt and made stable and they arranged for it to come down.
I'm surprised the gofundme is still open and active with recent donations. Someone even donated another $500USD last month!

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 14
That pair from Chateau de montmagner revealed that they were filmed from the get go by a program “we bought a village” not sure if they get reimbursed for this or not? But they are master e beggars now they’ve moved back into a tent in one of the out buildings not sure why since they have habitable space in their “château” especially with winter coming on

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I mentioned about a month ago that my sweet 2 year old, ten pounds of love, mini dachshund Hobi (Hoe-bee), my teen daughter named him after BTS’s J-Hope’s nickname, had a growth on the underside of the base of his tail. I took him to the vet, and the dr said because of his age it might resolve itself with steroids. So, poor Hobi got a shot directly into the lump and I applied liquid steroids topically every day for a month. The growth didn’t go away and actually doubled in size. It went from a small fresh colored bump to a big nasty raisin. Poor Hobi had to have surgery yesterday to remove the lump and it’s been sent out to make sure it’s not cancerous. Please keep your fingers crossed for my lil puppers.❤

View attachment 1540022
While I suspect those big gorgeous eyes are deliberately designed to make people melt and fall in love, I think with so many Tattlers now going awwwww, Hobi will be a little trooper and bounce back even better. Sending love and best wishes to Hopi from far away. 🥰 Onwards Hobi, onward little man!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
The portraits though haha !!hilarious ! Philip was so delighted , poor mummy was mortified … comedy gold , the lord has landed suck it up buttercup

• Haha
Reactions: 18
SusIe Dent's word of the day is 'huff-snuff' (16th century) : a strutting and conceited individual; one who scorns others in order to make themselves look big.

• Haha
Reactions: 17

View attachment 1540022
Get better Hobi!!
😘😘😘😘😘

I'm surprised the gofundme is still open and active with recent donations. Someone even donated another $500USD last month!
$500
That is 2 1/2 times the budget my principal is allowing me, for my 3rd and 4th grade classroom, for the year.
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
The portraits though haha !!hilarious ! Philip was so delighted , poor mummy was mortified … comedy gold , the lord has landed suck it up buttercup
Well, IJ has a wealthy husband, a house in the UK, an apartment in the south of France and a beach house in South Africa. Sir Snortalot has his cushion, some stuffed toys and some Emmaus crockery. IJ can afford to look on and laugh to herself.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
73NI.gif

Better late than never.
Sunday's, 8/28/22 CD's live chat.

1661874515316.png

trixiegirlismummm, what on earth is mummy holding in the thumbnail?!
Cat G Mummy has a really big knife. Watch out lol.
Karahbell Who makes the thumbnails?
Lisa Akinlabi @Karahbell Stephanie puts the vlogs together herself so she must do the thumbnails
Jimmy Connolly Let’s hope mummy is on the warpath
Jimmy Connolly She looks like she’s about to beat the feck out of everyone
Neil Hartley Isabelle channelling her inner Jack Nicholson from the Shining - Heeere's MUMMY!

night-crickets.gif

Gardenroom 63Any renovations?
Gardenroom 63Lake, China pantry, chapel etc.???
Cat G Any guesses as to the subject. Only wrong answers

1661874950546.png

Jimmy Connolly God, I’m so hung…
C Hillner @Jimmy Connolly 😂😘
Jimmy Connolly Over
Lisa Akinlabi LOL @Jimmy Connolly I hope I don't have to take shots again today
Jimmy Connolly Lisa, you can have lots of shots. You deserve it
Jimmy Connolly I’m hung and over
Jimmy Connolly Get me
Jimmy Connolly Is it me you’re looking for?
Jimmy Connolly Christ Mary Ann, pull yourself together

MeekLinearGeese-max-1mb.gif

Sweet Baby J Hi chateau friends, I made it!
Sweet Baby J I hope Stephanie & Philip will watch live with u
Michael Potts F1 Hello everyone
Jimmy Connolly Hello from jail
Jimmy Connolly That’s bloody awful. I couldn’t listen to her singing

Lalande pink toile.jpeg

Sweet Baby J I wonder if cat is staying in the pink toile attic bedroom like she has in past years?
Jimmy Connolly I love cats
Maria B @Philip Janssen Hello! How are you? Cat is back!!!
Philip Janssen @Maria B I’m very well and extremely happy Cat is back!!
Jean Minnifee Good to see Cat back, now Marie need to return and all will be right again.
Jimmy Connolly Skinny fecker

proud-this-mama-is-so-proud.gif

1661875561753.png

Michael Potts F1 Thank you @DeAnn P it was so lovely to do with Steph. My mum watched it about 5 times
Michael Potts F1 Thank you @Jelena Novakovic I'm just editing up my photos from todays Belgium Grand Prix.
Philip Janssen Hi everyone!!
The Chateau Diaries Hello from Lalande lovely people!!!

e878d25c-2569-4446-9472-7cc373f22982_text.gif

Linda Elliott I have been thinking about the chapel and i was wondering if the heavy plant machines have disturbed the foundations of the building, is that my over active imagination or could it be possible?
Philip Janssen @Linda Elliott No, it probably happened when the roof was leaking before Stephanie bought :)

Isabelle.jpg

Isabelle Jarvis Good evening everyone !

scam-is-this-a-scam (1).gif

Kath Smith @the Chateau Diaries. What is the care packages is that real or was it someone scamming your cc
The Chateau Diaries @kath Smith I’m so sorry, it was a scam. We’ve tried to block them, but they keep changing their user name
Kath Smith Stefanie please write on that YouTube blog it’s a scam as I’m sure some may have fallen for it

slovakia-slovensko.gif

Sweet Baby J @Philip Janssen my kids went back to school this week. Made me wonder if you are ever going back to University, maybe a degree in interior design or art history?
Philip Janssen @Sweet Baby J I always love learning!
Sweet Baby J @Philip Janssen do you think you’ll ever go back to school or has real life gotten in the way?

im-going-under-aj-rafael.gif

Jimmy Connolly I’ve had to turn the volume down. He sounds like he’s drowning
The Chateau Diaries I love his voice SO MUCH!

1661878165081.png

Sweet Baby J @the Chateau Diaries is Amaury’s secret door finished yet? I can’t wait to see the entire completed room!
The Chateau Diaries @Sweet Baby J It is! All will be revealed in a week’s time!
Sweet Baby J @the Chateau Diaries how was wallpapering the secret door? Hard or easier than you thought?

Dan and Amaury.png

Jimmy Connolly Since summer is nearly over could Amaury take his top off?
Who is Who? Are Amarie and Dan bisexuals? They have a nice chemestry
Michael Potts F1 Those tarts look delish!!
Jimmy Connolly I wouldn’t kick Amaury out of bed for farting

Isabelle.jpg

Sweet Baby J Anyone going to Patron Days in September?
Isabelle Jarvis Sweet baby I am

b3f3d14c-7299-4fab-8962-53b0443b38c4_text.gif

Janine Hiya did not participated in the live chat. Or, was she blocked last week and only Philip Janssen sees her comments???
Philip Janssen @Janine Hiya! I replied to your comment last week! We didn’t receive a message from you on what’s app, could you please send an email to [email protected] :)

SJ pj's (2).png

Sweet Baby J Philip & Stephanie in the dressing room at the same time?
The Chateau Diaries @Sweet Baby J We’re such rebels
Jimmy Connolly Makes your breasts look bigger
Cara Winsor Hehir @Philip Janssen she ALREADY HAS SOMETHING MORE INTERESTING UNDERNEATH! sorry for yelling.

giphy (8).gif

DeAnnP @Philip Janssen Please extend my Happy Anniversary wishes to Nati and Amaury.. Tell Nati I miss her too
Philip Janssen @DeAnn P I will! We’re so happy for them :)

200w (15).gif

Philip Janssen @Castle ten Berghe Hiya!
The Chateau Diaries @Castle ten Berghe Hello Amaury! I hope we can meet up this autumn - it’s been far too long!
The Chateau Diaries @Castle ten Berghe And you here! Also, Philip and I are planning to visit Nic and Marie in Brussels later this year - maybe we could all go out for dinner there?

cant-we-just-meet-fall-in-love-falling-in-love.gif

Journey to the Chateau Bonsoir and Happy Sunday Stephanie and Philip! @the Chateau Diaries @Philip Janssen We go to the emmaüs so often, I am certain we will accidently to run into you at one of them soon.
Philip Janssen @journey to the Chateau We should just meet up
Journey to the Chateau @Philip Janssen just message me when and where next time and we will accidentaly make it happen
Philip Janssen @journey to the Chateau Will do! :)
Journey to the Chateau @the Chateau Diaries @Philip Janssen Loved the episode. See you soon

b7bdb350-3d2b-4cd0-9fbf-a7477747b26e (2).png

Michael Potts F1 oh dear a full blown foot stamp
Gerald Grady Good evening lovely Lalanders
Jimmy Connolly This is doing my head in
Lisa Akinlabi Is it not the drink doing your head in @Jimmy Connolly LOL
Jimmy Connolly How dare you @Lisa. It’s never the drink. NEVER!

Chloe Aug 2022 (2).png

Sweet Baby J @the Chateau Diaries it would be so cute for all chateau staff to wear old timey bonnets
The Chateau Diaries @DeAnn P Chloe is utterly adorable! Sweet Baby JI think Chloe was the star of this episode, just love her!

200w.gif

Percy Attfield Good night until next time.
Isabelle Jarvis Goodnight everyone thank you for being here
The Chateau Diaries Goodnight from Lalande lovely people - we’re off to watch more Only Murders in the Building
Michael Potts F1 Good night
Michael Potts F1 Hi @Gerald Grady :)D
Gerald Grady Hi Michael hope you’re well
Gerald Grady Night night lovely Lalanders
Philip Janssen Thank you all so much
The Chateau Diaries @Gerald Grady Love you Gerald - we miss you!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Mosquitoes love me. I use mosquito spray, that usually works. No specific brand, just whatever catches my eye at the store. To stop the itch, I use cortisone cream, works great.
Yes, cortison cream works great. Did the same until I found Bite Away. That is a sort of pen that heats the puncture site and stops the itching.

Amazon product

Reactions: 12
Thanks to everyone for the anti mozzi advice. As I sit in a park in Rennes I have a gentleman in my view that is giving me the heebie jeebies. He looks like my father, suntan, glasses, grey hair. He moves like my father, jaw while eating, finger pointing. Dad died three years ago this week. In school we studied Patrick Kavanagh poetry Inc "Every old man I see reminds me of my father".

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
I have previously asked this exact same question. Apparently, co-habitating in France, as opposed to the UK, is an entirely different ball game, especially when property is involved. I have no idea of the "authentic" laws.
And, SJ, has frequently alluded to the fact they she and PJ do actually co-habit. Plus, he was originally a volunteer, then an employee too. Very complicated imo.
I personally couldn't give a rat's arse if SJ is stuffed over by PJ - BUT, how stupid would she really be to allow that to happen? Time will tell!
They would need to be pacsé. You can opt for keeping the assets you had before the relationship started or not thereafter. So he has not right to anything.

Reactions: 9
I was and may be again, involved in women's fashion, thus my fascination with what women wear. I am secretly, well not anymore, hoping that Fanny and Phyllis do get married just so I'll have a good time dissecting all their wedding attire along with the entire wedding party. What will be particularly fun is seeing all the OTT tit fans will send if the Portrait Pillows are any benchmark to go by. I imagine 'costume' enthusiasts will even go as far as designing and making fantastical ensembles, maybe an entire Cinderella theme workshop can be organized by Mrs. Shrek complete with woodland creatures scurrying about. Fanny and Phyllis will have to pretend to LOVE them! That dreary SA dressmaker will undoubtedly create a spectacular failure for both bride and groom in the style of Marie Antoinette and Louis XVI. I'm sure there will be multiple ceremonies, both at the shitoo and in Venice, perhaps they can even rent some space at Versailles. It will be an extravaganza like no other!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Glad you liked 'Old Rennes', very pretty. Vannes is also lovely. We've a shop (warehouse) in La Roche Sur Yon called Tissu de Renard, fabulous fabric, knitting, crochet shop. I try not to go very often as it's very dangerous territory for me, I just end up adding to my stash.

Insect/mosquitoe bites two products that are good one is called Zensect the other Picsoll, trouble is now at the end of the season they're harder to find. Or good old Vicks vapour rub, they don't like that. I know Picsoll does and afterbite spray but I try not to scratch the bite (know it's difficult) as for me after about 20 min it's all gone. Used to suffer terribly here at first but not so much now.
If you heat up a spoon, not too hot, you can press it on the fresh bite. It actually takes the itching away. Cheap and easy.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.