The Chateau Diaries #175 The lonely chair is where Philip sits after being Potty's fluffer

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anybody else notice when Fanny was zooming down on Kat with the Patreon cards that the metal work in front of the window she was at was still the rusty cream colour. When Fanny and FiFi the squirrel squeezer were showing mummy dear around the shittoo Fanny informed her that all the metalwork was now painted black and FiFi piped in with wanting to gold leaf it to give it some bling.
Ok, there’s now way that all of the metalwork in the chateau has been painted black. We saw one railing with black paint over lots of old chunky rust. Still, the black looks much better thank the rusty cream color. What Stephanie meant to say to Mummy was, “Almost all of the metal work in this room has been painted black. Look how we left the chunky rust as it was original to the chateau.”

• Haha
Reactions: 44
I wanted to talk about the video of the restaurateur, but it's such an abject subject that I've been running out of energy, but here it goes:

When a restorer starts a project, he makes a preliminary assessment where he records the pathologies and possible causes for them. The lowering of the vault's closure is something that an experienced restorer in the area would not only have already taken into account with just a visual examination of the thing, but would have come up with a solution, especially if we are talking about an expert in the field with a lot of experience.

View attachment 1535956
Now what I don't understand is that that volt looks like a false stucco dome, with a wooden structure under. Where is the stone?! Where does cement reinforcement come in? BTW cement is a procedure that is no longer used in restoration, because the cement, not only has salts, but when moving naturally, being too hard, causes damage to the original materials, which are more soft and less rigid. The correct thing would be to use the original materials in the reconstruction. But I understand that it was a graceful way for the restorer to get paid for the work he had already done and to close the matter and sell the chandelier to someone else. All lies even from the restorer.
But there is a serious problem that the restorer obviously noticed, but which so far has not been mentioned. The painted coating of the walls is crumbling, it is powdery, will soon be beyond repair, most is already lost. This is caused by high levels of moisture coming from the ground. If you notice the most attacked areas are the lowest. This moisture not only breaks down the plaster, but also carries salts with it. Allways remember, moist like to climb the walls e brings stuff whit her.

View attachment 1535961
I won't swear because I'm just watching through a video but the stone itself is crumbling. Which is very serious as it is structural damage. Much more important than the vault that must still be stable (it hasn't fallen yet) or the stained glass windows. There are ther frescos that looks interesting, much better than her dad's crap, and that will soon disappear... The humidity itself (combined with the dirt of a sow chatelaine that doesn't clean) helps the proliferation of xylophagous insects and fungi and other types of bugs. At nigth must be a deathwatch beetle concert. Remember the gloves offered by the nuns? They must all be gnawed by rats by now. Pearls to pigs...

View attachment 1535946
When the video started I vomited: a spotted face without shame, without make-up, to suggest that she haven't slept with the concern an milk moore money. Even a face aged by drink and bad life can be a manipulation tool.
Before any intervention in the chapel, the cause of the humidity must be discovered and the necessary measures must be taken which certainly involve excavations around the building. THERE MUST NOT BE A GARDEN AROUND THE CHAPEL!
The preservation of cultural heritage is a serious matter, because it is what defines us as people and we pass it on to future generations. And this shitelaine wants to make money not only from the naive, but also from the work of people linked to the culture who strive to educate and promote this inglorious effort that is restoration. All over the world, there are heritages that disappeared because the funds for their recovery could not be obtained.

View attachment 1535945
If I had been responsible for Lalande Chapel and had entered this one, I would have gone to hide in a corner crying with shame.
You seem very knowledgeable about the chapel walls and the moisture creeping up and eroding the actual stones. In your informed opinion could the same thing be happening at the chateau itself? We all know she has a huge problem with moisture inside the building…

• Heart
Reactions: 38
As someone who has run extremely large to small intimate events, I would NEVER allow a random made-up menu to be served to my paid event guests, especially one as unappetizing as this luncheon horror. Lentils? FFS.
I'm a huge fan of lentil salad and the most upscale way I've seen it served was with about $20 worth of cold poached salmon and $10 very fresh herbs/lemon zest vinaigrette at the Hay Adams Hotel in DC.
It's also the season in France of the charentais melon, melon being the soul mate of lentil salad as cucumber cubes with skin are the soul mates of hummus. Cucurbits and beans, a fecund area of exploration.
Lentil salad hard to plate though, can't remember how it was done at the Hay Adams. I suspect green and not brown lentils are the starting point, with fresh spicy leaves underneath, like watercress.
Trying to brighten it up with beet salad is a typically skinflint choice by Jarvis. Lardons (as shown cooking the lentil salad) were one of Isabelle's Oliver Twist master of the Mudfog Workhouse dodges for not serving meat to her volunteer employees. We see Stephanie feeding her paying guests with the same memory of a whisper of lardon in the lentil salad -- bad idea, bacon fat can coagulate.
Dark brown lentils and dark red beets for lunch with tomato tart, a badly thought through choice for eye appeal, flavor and texture contrasts.
Here's two revised lunch menu using the same, and more, seasonal ingredients, for the music workshop guests.

Lemonade with Lalande Honey for the Singers' Throats
Panzanella
Cold Poached Salmon, Sauce Verte
Green Puy Lentil Salad, with Lemon Zest and Parsley, Charentais Melon Ball Skewers, Room Temp Port Wine Dipping Sauce
Mirabelle Plum Fool
Fresh Seasonal Artisanal Saint Nectaire and Ossau Iraty Cheese, Fresh Mirabelle Plums, Toasts, Lalande Honey
Hot Tea

Beet Borscht, let the Russians and Ukrainians make it with beef bone broth, Sour Cream
Cold Boiled Beef, Salsa Verde
Sliced Tomatoes, with Roquefort, Honey and Pink Pepper
Baguette, French Butter
Fresh Raspberries, Vanilla Ice Cream, Raspberry Coulis
Lavender Madeleines
Linden Blossom Tea

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
It seems that there is much of “little consequence” to old Perce. My mind went right to his despicable racism.

What a pack of liars. Pubes is a total drongo!
Note on the Australian insult: "drongo."
It is a term used to describe someone who is an ignorant, stupid, and a pain in the arse.

It derives from a popular 1920's racehorse named the Spangled Drongo, after the bird species of the same name. A racehorse of high promise, Drongo subsequently became an insult thanks to the horse never ever winning a race, despite frequently coming 2nd and third during it's long racing career. A drongo can also be taken to mean someone who isn't even worthy of being called 2nd best, but an all round looser.

The drongo bird, on the other hand, has many sub-orders, all of which are really very clever. They are known for being cunning, brash, manipulative and aggressive.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
@ComtesseRose ”The Chestnut Man” book was made into a Netflix series. It was very good. I love crime fiction and non fiction. This must be the draw to CD.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
P.S.
@Mme Flog I saw your vlog about book recommendations here's an old post, I posted a few months ago...

Niviaq Korneliussen - Crimson (LGBT youth in Greenland)
Niviaq Korneliussen - Flower Valley (Touches upon the high suicide rate in Greenland, also winner of Nordisk Råd 2021)
Jonas Eika - After The Sun (Sci fi / Magic realism, winner of Nordisk Råd 2019)
Olga Ravn - The Employees (Sci fi novel, if you understand the ending, it's amazing)

Nordisk Råd - in case you were wondering.

Other books I'd recommend are:
Kazuo Ishiguro - Klara And The Sun
Fahriha Róisín - How To Cure A Ghost (Poetry)
Suzanne Collins - The Ballad Of Songbirds And Snakes (Despite it being part of The Hunger Games universe I found it to be quite adult in a philosophical way)

I'm currently reading Sally Rooney - Normal People. I also read Conversations With Friends. However, I do not consider those good books worth reading, unless you are into angsty uni people.

My To Be Read list:
Sally Rooney - Beautiful World, Where Are You?
Alice Oseman - Solitaire
Min Jin Lee - Pachinko
Ally Condie - Matched trilogy (Matched, Crossed, Reached)
F. Scott Fitzgerald - The Great Gatsby
Harper Lee - To Kill A Mocking Bird
James Joyce - The Dubliners
Søren Sveistrup - The Chestnut Man (Crime fiction)
Kazuo Ishiguro - An Artist Of The Floating World
Albert Camus - L'Étranger
Thomas Mann - Buddenbrooks (German Realism)
Günter Grass - Die Blechtrommel [The Tin Drum] - Part 1 of his Danzig Trilogy

Hope you find some inspiration, LOL. Sorry for the long off topic post. I just love books and literature. 🥰
I'll add Sigrid Nunes, Isabel Allende, Rachel Cusk.

I'll add Sigrid Nunes, Isabel Allende, Rachel Cusk.
And Oatmeal! Anything by Oatmeal.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I wanted to talk about the video of the restaurateur, but it's such an abject subject that I've been running out of energy, but here it goes:

When a restorer starts a project, he makes a preliminary assessment where he records the pathologies and possible causes for them. The lowering of the vault's closure is something that an experienced restorer in the area would not only have already taken into account with just a visual examination of the thing, but would have come up with a solution, especially if we are talking about an expert in the field with a lot of experience.

View attachment 1535956
Now what I don't understand is that that volt looks like a false stucco dome, with a wooden structure under. Where is the stone?! Where does cement reinforcement come in? BTW cement is a procedure that is no longer used in restoration, because the cement, not only has salts, but when moving naturally, being too hard, causes damage to the original materials, which are more soft and less rigid. The correct thing would be to use the original materials in the reconstruction. But I understand that it was a graceful way for the restorer to get paid for the work he had already done and to close the matter and sell the chandelier to someone else. All lies even from the restorer.
But there is a serious problem that the restorer obviously noticed, but which so far has not been mentioned. The painted coating of the walls is crumbling, it is powdery, will soon be beyond repair, most is already lost. This is caused by high levels of moisture coming from the ground. If you notice the most attacked areas are the lowest. This moisture not only breaks down the plaster, but also carries salts with it. Allways remember, moist like to climb the walls e brings stuff whit her.

View attachment 1535961
I won't swear because I'm just watching through a video but the stone itself is crumbling. Which is very serious as it is structural damage. Much more important than the vault that must still be stable (it hasn't fallen yet) or the stained glass windows. There are ther frescos that looks interesting, much better than her dad's crap, and that will soon disappear... The humidity itself (combined with the dirt of a sow chatelaine that doesn't clean) helps the proliferation of xylophagous insects and fungi and other types of bugs. At nigth must be a deathwatch beetle concert. Remember the gloves offered by the nuns? They must all be gnawed by rats by now. Pearls to pigs...

View attachment 1535946
When the video started I vomited: a spotted face without shame, without make-up, to suggest that she haven't slept with the concern an milk moore money. Even a face aged by drink and bad life can be a manipulation tool.
Before any intervention in the chapel, the cause of the humidity must be discovered and the necessary measures must be taken which certainly involve excavations around the building. THERE MUST NOT BE A GARDEN AROUND THE CHAPEL!
The preservation of cultural heritage is a serious matter, because it is what defines us as people and we pass it on to future generations. And this shitelaine wants to make money not only from the naive, but also from the work of people linked to the culture who strive to educate and promote this inglorious effort that is restoration. All over the world, there are heritages that disappeared because the funds for their recovery could not be obtained.

View attachment 1535945
If I had been responsible for Lalande Chapel and had entered this one, I would have gone to hide in a corner crying with shame.
Somebody who actually knows something. Thank you for this.
It is a catastrophe for France too, and for artisans like Viart, who cannot find an apprentice.
I note that Martijn Doolaard, restoring a tiny shepherd's hut on YT, was also advised or told or made assumptions from orders, to make a concrete ring around the roof he's installing on his stone hut. Bad idea?
Screen Shot 2022-08-28 at 7.47.14 PM.png

Reactions: 7
So what happened that Fanny doesn't wear pants or jeans any more. She has a cute figure and it would make so much more sense, up and down ladders and in the garden and on the digger etc. to be wearing pants. Something must have been said--- or does she only wear pants when she is in a female/ female relationship? anyone know?
I believe Phil has raided her closet and absconded with them!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Hi, and yes I suppose I should have introduced myself. I found CD during the lockdown like many others. I lived in Zimbabwe. Cape Town and am now in the UK. I enjoyed the videos, and would never have considered being a patron because I saw from the beginning that between Percy. IJ and SJ, they had more than enough assets to fix up the old building and didn't need anything from me. Then I saw that their Beach House was in Southbroom which I know well because in the early 1960s my grandfather retired there. Every year we would visit for six weeks and it was paradise on earth, until the seventies when the nouveau riche from Johannesburg discovered it and it got ruined. My family still has the house but I haven't been back for ages.
I was about to stop watching because I just can't bear Queen Phillipa from the Netherlands. There is also a limit to the grifting that anyone can take, then I found tattle.life and found this blog. I had no idea that other people thought the same way as I did. So now I have to keep watching CD because it could get very interesting. Guess that's all.
welcome!!!!! Glad you have joined the “15” of us here on Tattle life!!! The WIKI button at the top is your friend! 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I've just figured out what is in the silver metal brief case that IJ has been lugging around. And it's nothing so infamous as the missing accounts. It doesn't even belong to IJ but to Percy.

It contains the remote control for Percy's model aircraft. The briefcase will also contain a USB charger, a manual, a tool set, and extra parts such as an spare propeller, landing gear and spare batteries, with possibly a small camera.

A old mate in Oz is big into drones (and model aircraft to a smaller degree) and that's what he and his mates carry their stuff about in, a metal silver foam padded briefcase.

• Wow
Reactions: 23
I'm a huge fan of lentil salad and the most upscale way I've seen it served was with about $20 worth of cold poached salmon and $10 very fresh herbs/lemon zest vinaigrette at the Hay Adams Hotel in DC.
It's also the season in France of the charentais melon, melon being the soul mate of lentil salad as cucumber cubes with skin are the soul mates of hummus. Cucurbits and beans, a fecund area of exploration.
Lentil salad hard to plate though, can't remember how it was done at the Hay Adams. I suspect green and not brown lentils are the starting point, with fresh spicy leaves underneath, like watercress.
Trying to brighten it up with beet salad is a typically skinflint choice by Jarvis. Lardons (as shown cooking the lentil salad) were one of Isabelle's Oliver Twist master of the Mudfog Workhouse dodges for not serving meat to her volunteer employees. We see Stephanie feeding her paying guests with the same memory of a whisper of lardon in the lentil salad -- bad idea, bacon fat can coagulate.
Dark brown lentils and dark red beets for lunch with tomato tart, a badly thought through choice for eye appeal, flavor and texture contrasts.
Here's two revised lunch menu using the same, and more, seasonal ingredients, for the music workshop guests.

Panzanella
Cold Poached Salmon, Sauce Verte
Green Puy Lentil Salad, with Lemon Zest and Parsley, Charentais Melon Ball Skewers, Room Temp Port Wine Dipping Sauce
Mirabelle Plum Fool
Fresh Seasonal Artisanal Saint Nectaire and Ossau Iraty Cheese, Fresh Mirabelle Plums, Toasts, Lalande Honey
Hot Tea

Beet Borscht, let the Russians and Ukrainians make it with beef bone broth, Sour Cream
Cold Boiled Beef, Salsa Verde
Sliced Tomatoes, with Roquefort, Honey and Pink Pepper
Baguette, French Butter
Fresh Raspberries, Vanilla Ice Cream, Raspberry Coulis
Lavender Madeleines
Linden Blossom Tea
I forgot to add that lentil salad with blueberries and fresh chevre is a local summer specialty of the exceptionally good nearby restaurant, Le Relais du Facteur, in Saint Severe, featured as a starter on its picnic menu for August. Green lentils of Puy are local and world famous.
This picnic menu is offered for €10. They usually have €13 and €17 menus -- Jarvis charges €50 -- of elegantly cooked local food, including salmon, trout, foie gras, and so on. Jarvis could and should be serving much better food for much less.

Screen Shot 2022-08-28 at 8.21.38 PM.png

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Mummy only likes using the dryer for towels...*rolls eyes* not clothes. *Musketeer boy lowers and raises the ancient drying rack for cinematic effect * See? This is important kiss ass stuff right there..$$$$. Now, lets see Musketeer boy tap dance for his allowance.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Somebody who actually knows something. Thank you for this.
It is a catastrophe for France too, and for artisans like Viart, who cannot find an apprentice.
I note that Martijn Doolaard, restoring a tiny shepherd's hut on YT, was also advised or told or made assumptions from orders, to make a concrete ring around the roof he's installing on his stone hut. Bad idea?
View attachment 1536054

this guy and crew are amazing

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I am also becoming anti Kat. When she was first there she came across as a good sport willing to get involved but also willing to tell Fanny some home truths about her hoarding all the crap but then she got sucked into all the grabeaux nonsense and didn’t object, so my opinion of her did a complete 180 turn around. As this is now her third visit to shittooville plus they have met up in London a few times she cannot be under any illusion as to Fanny’s character and by remaining so friendly means she condones Fanny’s behaviour and finds it acceptable. Also on the vlogs she always seems to be incredibly pally with Squirrel boy which to me raises red flags about her as well.
Kat and Snorts together gives me Mean Girls vibe 😞

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Just watched Chateau de la Ferte' one year time lapse there are some pretty serious people doing some pretty serious renovation OK Fanny what so you have??????? Seriously what do you have??? renovation wise and not shopping or travel????

Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.