The Chateau Diaries #175 The lonely chair is where Philip sits after being Potty's fluffer

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Don't like Kat at all
I am also becoming anti Kat. When she was first there she came across as a good sport willing to get involved but also willing to tell Fanny some home truths about her hoarding all the crap but then she got sucked into all the grabeaux nonsense and didn’t object, so my opinion of her did a complete 180 turn around. As this is now her third visit to shittooville plus they have met up in London a few times she cannot be under any illusion as to Fanny’s character and by remaining so friendly means she condones Fanny’s behaviour and finds it acceptable. Also on the vlogs she always seems to be incredibly pally with Squirrel boy which to me raises red flags about her as well.

Reactions: 32
What kind of nasty lingerie goes into the dryer? (All of mine would, but my trousseau stuff for JTB is all hand wash and line dry. And, uh, kinda minimal. Mostly ankle bracelets, to tell the truth. Who wears granny tat Emmaus negligees? Ergggggh.)
The thought of wearing anyone else's nightgowns is repulsive to me. Just too intimate. I'm not into used bras or panties either never have been, and I hope I maintain enough sanity not to. This brings me to a little story, scroll by if not interested. I was working at an elementary school and one of the church lady volunteers for an afterschool program was walking around wearing her bra on the outside of her shirt. Poor dear, I had to say something, of course, but quite awkward. It's like those dreams where you show up for work or school in your underwear or worse.

Reactions: 33
What kind of nasty lingerie goes into the dryer? (All of mine would, but my trousseau stuff for JTB is all hand wash and line dry. And, uh, kinda minimal. Mostly ankle bracelets, to tell the truth. Who wears granny tat Emmaus negligees? Ergggggh.)
Fill-Up felt quite comfortable in the Chatelaine Ardwhore’s change room. He thought it was a closet… wink, wink

Reactions: 9
She makes me think of a pound shop Vicar of Dibley.

Reactions: 23
I wonder how many people she spies on with her phone. She needs to get a real camera with a good zoom. If your gonna spy fanny do it right. then post it here yeah, thats not gonna happen but it makes ya wonder what all she catches

I used to like her too. She was one of my favs. I think if it weren't for BREXIT she would have moved back in months ago. As it is now she can only stay so long and has to go back. Maybe Kats been gone working and saving to buy bag head out. Yeah, I know thats a long reach

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
“…mess they cause” for the cause.

If someone sets up Patreon for a specific purpose eg: renovation, restoring then that’s what patrons expect. Money spent on anything else like that Moron from Maastricht (no offence. My MIL was from there and the mst beautiful kind person I have ever known ) or rent boys in Madrid.

So it’s thought that woman/chateaux addict from “the hills of Donegal” wrote this? The “love of God” bit probably gave that away.

Reactions: 10
@billybudd I love your foody knowledge. Did the salad nicoise come up to spec in your opinion. I think it should have had french beans in it. Do you concur?
Too kind.
I've never had it or made it any other way. Made a bucket of it last week, veg, anchovy, egg, no tuna, fresh beans carefully labored over. But to be a Perfect Little Shit About Food Orthodoxy™ , I looked it up in Larousse Gastronomique, land of a thousand salades.
"Niçoise salad. Salade Niçoise -- Mix equal parts diced potatoes and French beans. Season with oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Mix with anchovy fillets, olives and capers. Garnish with quartered tomatoes. Sprinkle with chopped chervil and tarragon."
I adore chervil, sprinked on boiled beef and parsnips it's a universe of lush.
Hard to come by, never had it on even the best restaurant Niçoise salad. Which was at the Madison Hotel in DC, presented in a fluted pate brisee cup surrounded by dressed leaves. I think there might have been some toasted almonds involved. Long ago and in another country....
I was stunned Jarvis served her most faithful paying guests meat -- tuna and charcuterie. Ding dong! But that she was clearly winging it for the main dish of their lunch is fucking disgraceful. No black olives. No green beans. Tells me she didn't know or shop for what she was going to be serving.

Reactions: 22
So, imagine what the Patreons will get if paid guests were served dreck!
I wonder if they are going to setup tables of nasty food for sale? I’m sure if Patrons need water, they’ll be told that they can’t offer any since they used their daily allotment by secretly watering the garden.

Reactions: 14
It seems that there is much of “little consequence” to old Perce. My mind went right to his despicable racism.

What a pack of liars. Pubes is a total drongo!

Reactions: 13
Percy sporting the Mick Petherick look?

I did just that...he walked out...I changed the locks...called a lawyer...end of story. No contact and now he's dead....literally.

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
Just watched the latest CD. Is it my imagination or was SJ looking very strained? Maybe it was because IJ was off to the accountants with that file under her arm???

Reactions: 11
I wanted to talk about the video of the restaurateur, but it's such an abject subject that I've been running out of energy, but here it goes:

When a restorer starts a project, he makes a preliminary assessment where he records the pathologies and possible causes for them. The lowering of the vault's closure is something that an experienced restorer in the area would not only have already taken into account with just a visual examination of the thing, but would have come up with a solution, especially if we are talking about an expert in the field with a lot of experience.

Now what I don't understand is that that volt looks like a false stucco dome, with a wooden structure under. Where is the stone?! Where does cement reinforcement come in? BTW cement is a procedure that is no longer used in restoration, because the cement, not only has salts, but when moving naturally, being too hard, causes damage to the original materials, which are more soft and less rigid. The correct thing would be to use the original materials in the reconstruction. But I understand that it was a graceful way for the restorer to get paid for the work he had already done and to close the matter and sell the chandelier to someone else. All lies even from the restorer.
But there is a serious problem that the restorer obviously noticed, but which so far has not been mentioned. The painted coating of the walls is crumbling, it is powdery, will soon be beyond repair, most is already lost. This is caused by high levels of moisture coming from the ground. If you notice the most attacked areas are the lowest. This moisture not only breaks down the plaster, but also carries salts with it. Allways remember, moist like to climb the walls e brings stuff whit her.

I won't swear because I'm just watching through a video but the stone itself is crumbling. Which is very serious as it is structural damage. Much more important than the vault that must still be stable (it hasn't fallen yet) or the stained glass windows. There are ther frescos that looks interesting, much better than her dad's crap, and that will soon disappear... The humidity itself (combined with the dirt of a sow chatelaine that doesn't clean) helps the proliferation of xylophagous insects and fungi and other types of bugs. At nigth must be a deathwatch beetle concert. Remember the gloves offered by the nuns? They must all be gnawed by rats by now. Pearls to pigs...

When the video started I vomited: a spotted face without shame, without make-up, to suggest that she haven't slept with the concern an milk moore money. Even a face aged by drink and bad life can be a manipulation tool.
Before any intervention in the chapel, the cause of the humidity must be discovered and the necessary measures must be taken which certainly involve excavations around the building. THERE MUST NOT BE A GARDEN AROUND THE CHAPEL!
The preservation of cultural heritage is a serious matter, because it is what defines us as people and we pass it on to future generations. And this shitelaine wants to make money not only from the naive, but also from the work of people linked to the culture who strive to educate and promote this inglorious effort that is restoration. All over the world, there are heritages that disappeared because the funds for their recovery could not be obtained.

If I had been responsible for Lalande Chapel and had entered this one, I would have gone to hide in a corner crying with shame.

Reactions: 59
Maybe Amaury relishes the fact that he can secretly spit onto Snorty's food before he serves it.

Reactions: 34
I wonder how much IJ really knew about the state of affairs at the château regards finances etc? As she now has a legal responsibility re the patron funds and the Association it's going to be up to her to sort things out. SJ the child-woman has neither the knowledge, ability or inclination to do it herself. God I'd love to be a fly on the wall watching what's really going on. Percy was the only one actually doing any real work.

Reactions: 27
I was just about to post the same thing, then I saw your post.
Could she be screwing with the time lines again?

No she showed it in the dryer. And Mummy would be made because only towels go into the dryer...
Yeah, but that doesn't mean the pink granny nightie went into the washing machine first.
Did she load the washing machine for two garments only? What a crying waste of water!
Notice how untidy and filthy the laundry room is again.

Last edited:
Reactions: 18
Wow, what self-serving drivel. Clearly whoever wrote that conveniently ignored the fact that when someone starts a blog about their lives, solicits public funds to fund their project then they are accountable to the public and must use the funds for their stated purpose. As far as their private lives being private, when you expose your private life to get views/clicks then you open yourself up for criticism. Comparing CD Patron fund to a Netflix subscription is ludicrous.

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.