The Chateau Diaries #173 Patreon Day Might Be Season Finale

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why wasn't their suitcase at least turned with the wheels facing the front. Poor Percy could get fractured ribs from those wheels jabbing him!
Suitcase wheels are also filthy. They could have at least flipped it over to put the wheels down. Maybe Stephanie didn’t want her Mercedes interior floor to get dirty?

• Angry
Reactions: 20
That’s because the Flowers do things properly.

The influencer and his wife might take their time but they do get things done and the end results are tasteful and do not look cheap - the antithesis of LowLande.
Their out buildings are listed too, being of 'historical importance.' Planning permission for listed buildings always takes longer, yet they don't seem to have had any problems, unlike Fanny.

Reactions: 23
Please, please imho, be very cautious @ComtesseRose, in giving too much info regarding your personal identity. :love:
Since I joined TL, you have always been one of my most favourite/genuine contributors. :love:
I personally have had to protect my own identity/security being here simply because of past partners trolling me. Nothing to do with the HMN, just my online presence that they seem to be able to infiltrate.
Sad to hear that happened to you. 💗
Don't worry about me, LOL. From what have been shared here and all the :poop: that is close to hit the fan, I doubt Fanny would want to start a lawsuit. ;)

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I met a lady who'd had major facial surgery, she was a passenger, drinking juice from a glass bottle when they got in a car accident, her face, bottle in place hit the dash.. So I don't do it even with a plastic bottle... Those metal straws have caused a lot of damage too.
Not to mention the distraction of taking the top off a bottle while driving!

Reactions: 12
Yes I remember that change of face look. BUT, big but..if Fanny was that terrified of her mother would she have shown that scene? She is in charge of what we see, we know that Mummy will have seen it & that it wouldn't have cast her in a good light. So scared little Fanny could have edited it out. But she didn't. If changes are to come at the chateau Mummy will be the scapegoat either on screen or behind her back IMO.
Good point, but I think equally someone who is terrified is vengeful in the extreme. Which results in sins of omission like planning to sleep through their scheduled departure, as well as sins of commission, like showing the world what a monster Mummy is. And, as suggested above, choosing as a partner someone who couldn't be less rich, handsome, aristocratic and accomplished as Isabelle had wished for Stephanie.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Like mother, like daughter, like grandmother. Fanny and her mother are cut from the same cloth as was IJ's mother. They were all tyrants - Fanny only succeeds in keeping a veil over herself because she is more aware of social media. Let's face it - she's the director of her little drama series and we see what she permits us to see and sometimes it suits her to show her mother's tantrums.
Fanny IS her mother.
It suits her to provoke her mother's tantrums. Had I ever made choices even remotely similar to Fanny's, my mother would have had a stroke.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
It suits her to provoke her mother's tantrums. Had I ever made choices even remotely similar to Fanny's, my mother would have had a stroke.
The way Fanny treats her mother is very telling about her father. Fanny was probably allowed to be disrespectful to her mother growing up without any correction from her father. My father made it very clear to my brothers and myself that our mother came first, period. Any disrespect shown to our mother was met with a very stern rebuttal by my father, as it should be.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
The way Fanny treats her mother is very telling about her father. Fanny was probably allowed to be disrespectful to her mother growing up without any correction from her father. My father made it very clear to my brothers and myself that our mother came first, period. Any disrespect shown to our mother was met with a very stern rebuttal by my father, as it should be.
I wonder if she played her parents off against each other. Daddy was clearly a pushover whenever his chequebook was open. Did she go running to Mummy if Derek ever dared to refuse her demands? Did Mummy and Daddy exploit this to their own advantage? Fanny strikes me as being typical of Only Child Syndrome.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Does Gerry own and live in the whole building I wander? It seems he lives in the front & side of the house (Snorts & Percy can be seen standing in the doorway), and has the taxi office down the other end. I've often wandered where he lived in Framlington, or have I missed something??? I can't recall it ever being mentioned
I think he does live there. There was a portion of the conversation before they went into his office to see that team photo thingie a viewer sent him, and they talked about the office being painted and Gerry said something about his house being painted yellow? I couldn't understand what they were talking about, either it was edited poorly or it was the fact that the two of them were speaking their own secret language! But I think it was revealed that his office is next to his home......

View attachment 1519171The journey through England would have been slow and stressful. At least when they get away from Calais the roads here are not so busy.
I'm pleased they stopped and didn't do the whole drive.
It looked like they stayed at an "Hotel F1" about €40 pp. Cheap, cheerful and uniform, but always clean and comfortable, I've stayed in a few over the years while on the road in France. Fanny would have positively despised it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
I find it hard to believe IJ and P travelled from SA to stay in France for months, with only with 2 small suitcases. Nothing adds up where SJ is concerned.

Reactions: 24
That was a two way street in our household. Neither parent would tolerate disrespect of the other one, though they frequently took the piss out of each other. There was a swift and stern rebuke if my brother or I did it.

Reactions: 14
The burning question for me is will any of the players who continue to enjoy all the love and laughter at the shittoo and benefit from the begging of the scammer Fanny, ever show any decency and not only make Fanny stop her grifting but also walk away from this disgusting freak show.
I actually know that at least two of her closest proxies are seriously considering an exit sooner rather than later. Obviously all my hopes are pinned on them doing that with a huge bang, that would be greatly satisfying, but it all depends on them choosing a strategy that will keep them out of harm's way.

• Wow
Reactions: 50
Are any of you fellow Brits out there watching the new series of Chateau DIY? Matt (owner of Poole Pirates) and his new wife Helen with her chipmunk voice have surpassed themselves by converting the dungeon into a themed dining room complete with plastic skeletons, plastic rats, stocks and plastic chains.... proving that money can't buy taste..... but they are comedy gold 😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Did anyone else notice the slim pickins in the chateau pantry whilst Stephanie was showing Mummy around? I’ve got more food in the little 3’x5’ pantry in my house. Also, I saw the loose wires are still hanging around in there, thanks Dan.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
That home gives me the shivers. Far too much STUFF. I hate too much stuff. It just has to be picked up and dusted around & under & swept around. I prefer a few beautiful things which I move around the house so that I see them again if that makes sense. Every surface in that house is covered with stuff. Books displayed on a table not for their content but for their look or bragging of how cultured the owner is. I loathe open shelving, put things away in cupboards or else it's just showing off how much STUFF you have. That god awful pool house built out of wood to represent a temple. Every space in this house is filled with STUFF, too many chairs, too many plants, too many fabrics. I'd be in there with 20 skips clearing out rooms so that you can walk around them, chucking ornaments away so that you can see the gorgeous ones through the mass of dross. If she was let loose at Fanny's she'd be bringing more stuff in & cluttering up what is already a mix of an indoor brocante, a 70s care home & the back storeroom of the Oxfam shop 😂 😂 Rant over. ❤
The world would be awfully dull, though, if everybody liked the same thing! For me, I actually feel quite twitchy when faced with, say, the "look" that the Fleuries have used. I can appreciate the aesthetic but I don't ike it, and certainly wouldn't want to live in it. . Too clinical, too austere. Stephanie, of course, has no stop.valve and also has no taste, so Lalande just looks as if the detritus of a mad cyclone has parked itself haphazardly. Chacun à son goût!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.