The Chateau Diaries #173 Patreon Day Might Be Season Finale

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did anyone else notice the slim pickins in the chateau pantry whilst Stephanie was showing Mummy around? I’ve got more food in the little 3’x5’ pantry in my house. Also, I saw the loose wires are still hanging around in there, thanks Dan.
“it’s also cleaner” - well of course your pantry, much less many other pantries are cleaner. Steph does not clean. I’m still hyper focused on the mess she left up in the attic, much less all the SHITEAU still stuffed in the Narnia cabinets. While I’m at it, speaking of clean - the staircases stacked with books and trip points, the rat SHITEAU, the bat SHITEAU, the peacock SHITEAU (yes, I’m substituting SHITEAU for tit - the American translation would be , as in SHITEWWWWW - think EW David from Schitt’s Creek). And speaking of loose wires, not only in the pantry - let’s talk , ponder all the chandeliers in boxes, and the loose wires sticking out of the ceiling in MUMMIE & PERCY’S chambers.
I think we’d all just like to see one project finished from conception to completion. Just one. But alas, that is too much to ask, obviously. Vent over. Thank you.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Are any of you fellow Brits out there watching the new series of Chateau DIY? Matt (owner of Poole Pirates) and his new wife Helen with her chipmunk voice have surpassed themselves by converting the dungeon into a themed dining room complete with plastic skeletons, plastic rats, stocks and plastic chains.... proving that money can't buy taste..... but they are comedy gold 😂😂😂
Yes I watched a bit of it. I must admit I am 'chateau'd out' now..saw that awful dungeon makeover & thought who on earth would want to eat in a space like that? I've just looked up the name of the other horrible man..Zion & his browbeaten partner Alison...I turned over to another channel. Awful.

Reactions: 9
I actually know that at least two of her closest proxies are seriously considering an exit sooner rather than later. Obviously all my hopes are pinned on them doing that with a huge bang, that would be greatly satisfying, but it all depends on them choosing a strategy that will keep them out of harm's way.
I am conceptualizing a true blowout Hawaiian luau at the fish shack, complete with native Spam sushi. And black cod lau lau.

Did anyone else notice the slim pickins in the chateau pantry whilst Stephanie was showing Mummy around? I’ve got more food in the little 3’x5’ pantry in my house. Also, I saw the loose wires are still hanging around in there, thanks Dan.
I noticed a well stocked drinks fridge.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
That home gives me the shivers. Far too much STUFF. I hate too much stuff. It just has to be picked up and dusted around & under & swept around. I prefer a few beautiful things which I move around the house so that I see them again if that makes sense. Every surface in that house is covered with stuff. Books displayed on a table not for their content but for their look or bragging of how cultured the owner is. I loathe open shelving, put things away in cupboards or else it's just showing off how much STUFF you have. That god awful pool house built out of wood to represent a temple. Every space in this house is filled with STUFF, too many chairs, too many plants, too many fabrics. I'd be in there with 20 skips clearing out rooms so that you can walk around them, chucking ornaments away so that you can see the gorgeous ones through the mass of dross. If she was let loose at Fanny's she'd be bringing more stuff in & cluttering up what is already a mix of an indoor brocante, a 70s care home & the back storeroom of the Oxfam shop 😂 😂 Rant over. ❤
If you saw my house you’d know I’m a minimalist, however I can appreciate Bunny’s superb eye for detail and composition. That doesn’t mean I could personally live with it, I don’t have the ability to live and work amongst so much distraction, but her artfulness is clever, unique and, despite a huge array of objects, constantly curated.
I don’t see Jarvis as a curator, despite her Christie’s’ appearance. Those table lamps in the twirl room are an even worse crime than the ghastly framed toile pieces. They serve neither function or beauty. I wish they’d stop buying porcelain and buy attractive, practical and tall reading lamps for all bedrooms

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Did Tim and Chris sell their first chateau or do they now have two?

Reactions: 2
Yes I watched a bit of it. I must admit I am 'chateau'd out' now..saw that awful dungeon makeover & thought who on earth would want to eat in a space like that? I've just looked up the name of the other horrible man..Zion & his browbeaten partner Alison...I turned over to another channel. Awful.
OK I'm intrigued now, will try and watch tonight whilst Hubby (probably), has a Western or War film on !

• Haha
Reactions: 6
You made me watch CD because of Shoes!

Those ''so kate's'' 12 cm heels in nude glance were THE colour 6 seasons ago. Still they are CL so still priced at $775 on their website!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Thank you for the new thread ❤
I echo what’s been said about Snorts sitting in the front of the car, what a self centred, ill mannered, discourteous juvenile. Also when Fanny wants a drink whilst driving he pours water into a china tea cup for her!!! Omg! These two babyish idiots are something else!!
The 24 year old has the inconvenience of Fannys porcelain tea cup and a bag to contend with where as poor Percy (who looks to be in frail and in ill health) has zero leg room and a suitcase virtually on his lap.
This whole situ sums Snorts up, pander to Fannys every whim in return for best seat in the house. Fake, fake, fake!
View attachment 1518335View attachment 1518336
Ugh! The wheels of that suitcase are right up against Percy. I know I'm weird about germs, but the thought of what those wheels have probably rolled through from SA to England to France makes me cringe. I would have made numbnuts hold it on his lap in the front seat.🤢

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I find it hard to believe IJ and P travelled from SA to stay in France for months, with only with 2 small suitcases. Nothing adds up where SJ is concerned.
I'm pretty sure they aren't staying there, they are staying in the UK mostly..

Reactions: 11
If you saw my house you’d know I’m a minimalist, however I can appreciate Bunny’s superb eye for detail and composition. That doesn’t mean I could personally live with it, I don’t have the ability to live and work amongst so much distraction, but her artfulness is clever, unique and, despite a huge array of objects, constantly curated.
I don’t see Jarvis as a curator, despite her Christie’s’ appearance. Those table lamps in the twirl room are an even worse crime than the ghastly framed toile pieces. They serve neither function or beauty. I wish they’d stop buying porcelain and buy attractive, practical and tall reading lamps for all bedrooms
I know we cannot all like the same styles, but for me the Bunny style is cluttered, old fashioned & not authentic for a lived in home. I can't see the point of covering up a beautiful table with piles of books just for show. For me I find it calming to live in an uncluttered environment where I can see a single beautiful thing without being distracted by tons of other stuff.
I used to help my Mum who when she retired worked as a manager in a charity shop & she'd get me to help her sort out the bags. It was a sobering experience as it was obvious from a lot of them that the things had come from the home of someone who had passed away. Things that had been kept for 'best' - hankies, boxes of soaps, scarf & hat sets, decorative Happy Ruby Anniversary plates etc...and I thought that I would rather have a head full of memories than a house full of stuff when I pop my clogs.
So for me the priority for spending my cash is to do things - not have things.

But as someone else said it wouldn't do for us all to like the same stuff :) ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Ok, Mummy woke up Stephanie and Philip 20 minutes before they were all supposed to meet and leave. Stephanie said they arrived in the motel lobby 7 minutes late. So 27 minutes for both to get themselves ready for the day and out the door. That tiny Mercedes convertible must have really stunk on the way back to Lalande with everyone in their dirty clothes from the previous day, Stephanie’s lobster shoes stuffed into the rear window and all the bleep baths.
How many pairs of lobster shoes does she have? She also has the red, yellow and blue pair she wore in Greece.

• Sick
  • Wow
200.gif

200w (1).gif

Chateau Unwrapped!
17 seconds ago
Due to issues with our internet, tonight’s Cadeaux at the Chateau will be premiering slightly later than usual. Please make sure you’ve hit the notification bell, so you’ll be notified as soon as it premieres

1661195574839.png

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
“it’s also cleaner” - well of course your pantry, much less many other pantries are cleaner. Steph does not clean. I’m still hyper focused on the mess she left up in the attic, much less all the SHITEAU still stuffed in the Narnia cabinets. While I’m at it, speaking of clean - the staircases stacked with books and trip points, the rat SHITEAU, the bat SHITEAU, the peacock SHITEAU (yes, I’m substituting SHITEAU for tit - the American translation would be , as in SHITEWWWWW - think EW David from Schitt’s Creek). And speaking of loose wires, not only in the pantry - let’s talk , ponder all the chandeliers in boxes, and the loose wires sticking out of the ceiling in MUMMIE & PERCY’S chambers.
I think we’d all just like to see one project finished from conception to completion. Just one. But alas, that is too much to ask, obviously. Vent over. Thank you.
So in two years. Since Mummy not there.. She could not get lighting put in? And Percy was very unimpressed with the kitchen actually unimpressed with just about everything

Reactions: 22
What was in the aluminium brief case? I am sure that little Tetris playing Faux -Peeps could have done a much better job of stowing the luggage.
Wondering the same about the briefcase!

If Miss Jarvis was as well-traveled as she claims to be she would have made use of ''send my bag'' which picks up your bags and delivers them to your destination. The prices are very reasonable for 1 suitcase. Also even if the prices were slightly less affordable she should have used a service like them, to insure her mother and step father would travel in some kind of comfort.

I guess she is cutting corners on ''things'' so she can splurge on useless things

• Heart
View attachment 1519741
View attachment 1519745

Chateau Unwrapped!
17 seconds ago
Due to issues with our internet, tonight’s Cadeaux at the Chateau will be premiering slightly later than usual. Please make sure you’ve hit the notification bell, so you’ll be notified as soon as it premieres

View attachment 1519748
She might as well be hours late: I'm not going to watch yet another bed/birthday/celebration for that moron who turned 47 and needed a button pinned on to remind her of her age. Cringe does not begin to describe these idiots.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 50
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 44
You made me watch CD because of Shoes!

Those ''so kate's'' 12 cm heels in nude glance were THE colour 6 seasons ago. Still they are CL so still priced at $775 on their website!
They’re so perilous they should be banned like foot binding. Just as restrictive and damaging.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.