The Chateau Diaries #170 Lately, oatmeal is more interesting than The Chateau Diaries!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If Dingdong Davy or Foolhardy Fanny would pay attention to global warming climate news, they may have been able to predict that drought is going to be more common in areas of the world that have not suffered from it too much and adjusted their choice of plants. Once again, they just blithely go on with their head in the clouds ignoring reality and then act shocked when the tit hits the fan. There really is something very off with Davy, he should have known better, but then again, he is too weak to push back Fanny's ridiculous ideas.
I think the record shows Davy pushes back frequently, notably on her plan for a boxwood maze where the Jardin Anglais is now sited, and for another disease-susceptible boxwood parterre in the Baroque/Versailles style on the marquis' side of the shitoo. He persuaded her that a simpler Chenonceau/Renaissance style parterre would be more appropriate and sustainable. His oft-used argument on her propositions is that they are too expensive to install and maintain/sustain -- labor and water intensive. He pushed back on her BS timeline for the lake in the recent Patreon video, and on much more. I think saving the lake he considers to be his finest achievement, and getting her to do it is also a major achievement.
As I recall he got Nick the tree in -- the only real work of restoration and renovation being done.
Why he's there in the first place is a separate question.

Last edited:
Reactions: 23
I think it’s the opposite. It’s a weird goodbye vacation. I believe Nic has sold his part of the chateau & in order to smooth things over with hysterical Stephanie, planned a trip together.
I'm amazed that SJ states it's hers and man cubs first summer holiday together, apparently non of the other destinations counted as they were classed as working holidays...My heart bleeds for her... words fail me...is she not aware of the difficulties a lot of people are going through at the moment. Not knowing how they are going to manage financially because of the ongoing energy crisis and the ever increasing cost of living. Just for once can she not engage her brain before opening her mouth? She is used to being the priviled princess but man cub jumps on the band wagon and even he talks about ownership of things as ours..news flash Man cub... there is nothing in that chateau that is yours, other than the never ending crap you buy and the bequeathed crap from your grandparents. I hope that Patreon day is the day of her undoing... she really needs to knocked from her ivory tower and take a step into the real world..

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
I miss Michael Petherick. I know this will not be a popular view, but he is very talented in many ways. He has clearly had some difficulties recently. There has been speculation about what. But it must be hard to live a life under public scrutiny when things go wrong. I hope he finds his way.

In case anyone is interested, I have been a lurker for a long time. It was through one of Michael's vlogs and a comment on it that I found my way here. I also watch CD but will save comments about that for another time.

Last thing, I am not a flying monkey, but don't mind if anyone thinks I am. It is only time that will untangle this knot, not I.
Michael counts on the sympathy of others to cover for his failings. Don’t fall for it! Yes, he has some skills, but he takes advantage of others. We’ve seen it over and over.

Also, in case you haven’t seen it, here’s an article about his brother. Kind of just demonstrates their character.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I agree but there has been no video evidence of that happening recently. Earlier in the Summer when there were water restrictions in the Indre district we saw the Jardin de Anglaise was still being watered, but for the last few weeks although she has pranced around the garden many times in her night clothes there have been no scenes of watering. Not saying they are not but without proof there is nothing that can be done. The only way to be sure is for someone who lives in the locality to go and check on them. Feel like a jaunt?
True, there have been no videos showing that watering has been going on.
What I find MORE interesting is that she hasn't shown the garden AT ALL. Every vlog she did since that plot was planted started with some footage from that garden. Now, nothing? Now, when she or anyone does a sweep of the back they very deliberately stop at where that garden starts.

What is she hiding? Is it not "beautiful" enough to be seen now? Or is it lush and full, evidence of her not following regulations about watering?

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I miss Michael Petherick. I know this will not be a popular view, but he is very talented in many ways. He has clearly had some difficulties recently. There has been speculation about what. But it must be hard to live a life under public scrutiny when things go wrong. I hope he finds his way.
In case anyone is interested, I have been a lurker for a long time. It was through one of Michael's vlogs and a comment on it that I found my way here. I also watch CD but will save comments about that for another time.
Last thing, I am not a flying monkey, but don't mind if anyone thinks I am. It is only time that will untangle this knot, not I.
@Countess Pyewacket, I hope you are not a flying monkey simply because I love your profile pic & user name.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Michael counts on the sympathy of others to cover for his failings. Don’t fall for it! Yes, he has some skills, but he takes advantage of others. We’ve seen it over and over.

Also, in case you haven’t seen it, here’s an article about his brother. Kind of just demonstrates their character.

Teabeg has cashed in on his prints...so..enought money to float around...when its gone we probably see him again...omg what a life...

Fanny thinks she can created lalande like Versailles...no my girl...not gonna work...keep dreaming...but as long as her patreons dont open their eyes..she wont stop milking it out....what a life...

owning a chateau...depending on silly old people to pay for your lifestyle and spending...its all very sad...and in a way criminal to do it..that woman has no consience..at all... :eek: i guess she learned this from a young age...those grannyfarms were in a way the same...very shamefull...but i guess thats were the money comes from...ripping off old and vunrable people...its their business..always have been...

• Heart
Reactions: 32
According to Facebook they have flown somewhere. Who in the heck paid for that???? Did the Hedgehog service the pilot in exchange for passage???? How many trips has this pair taken in the last year at the expense of Patreon?????

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 22
If Dingdong Davy or Foolhardy Fanny would pay attention to global warming climate news, they may have been able to predict that drought is going to be more common in areas of the world that have not suffered from it too much and adjusted their choice of plants. Once again, they just blithely go on with their head in the clouds ignoring reality and then act shocked when the tit hits the fan. There really is something very off with Davy, he should have known better, but then again, he is too weak to push back Fanny's ridiculous ideas.
Superb.
Absolutely best ever, love it - Dingdong Davy and Foolhardy Fanny - defo recommendation for next thread title from me, (where the hell is that icon?), but, never rely on receiving any kind of likes where my posts are involved), so won't happen! :love:
TBH, adjusting their choice of plants would have made absolutely no difference in the current conditions imho - most young plants no matter what species will have struggled/died - apart from Sedums/exotic types - which are defo not English or Woodland types.
Therefore, they could have saved themselves a ton of man hours/plant buying expense/watering and then maybe they should have concentrated on other areas within the HMN that required more attention, we all know where, rather than a garden that in past times, would ordinarily just have been a lawn and/or a field for cattle grazing at the HMN. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
And Fanny has dominated the use of the Dump with the addition of her “staff” and multiple family members claiming gites or rooms, and has ruined the interiors with her bordello / Versailles decorating scheme, half assed hung wallpaper, floors collapsing under the weight of an increasing number of overloaded armoires, crap glued to the walls, etc. And she keeps creating more and more work that will never be carried on in the future with elaborate gardens, vegetable gardens, etc. and has tons of half finished projects all over the Dump while ignoring the basic foundation, roof, structural, and electrical renovation the Dump desperately needs. No one would buy that mess.
she appears to have used her friend he gets crumby little apartment that she also rents out, no privacy and gets treated like a guest in his own home. Prince of Pubes wafting in and out of their private space like he owns the joint jumped up arrogant piece of work

Reactions: 13
when i see those grifters going through that brocante...i have a huge house...my aunts..filled with stuff from cellar to attic..you cant imagine the things i found..its a huge task to clear it all out....i cant bare to look at another brocante...

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 32
To plant so near to the woods too where the established trees will draw all the water and nutrients from the soil. The garden has been just another folly. It would have been better to concentrate on the terrace and the area in front of that not starting a whole new garden behind the sodding derelict chapel.

Just started watching she is re running the patron flog!!! Unbloody believable she has such a nerve. 100 things to do and she has time to go to another Brocante, pathetic hag. That enchante music also gets right on my nerve.

He is we-ing her again we we we please duck off home

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
Morning, mealyheads. 🍍 🥣
@Harpocrates thank you for the recommendation of the YT The Crew Chef channel, very interesting. Interested to see how small the kitchen was on one of her "yachts" and how huge on the next one, complete with more dry storage than I have at my house.
I can't see that Marie has the chops or the energy to cook even for the crew who are hard-working and cosmopolitan young people.
Steamed buns? Poke bowl platter? Banh mih? Bunny chow? Protein-source vegetarian dish for every meal, in addition to the meat one? And like three composed salads? Three meals a day, muffins and some bread baked on board (when she had a sous chef)? Fruit? Shopping in foreign currencies and supermarkets? All on a strict and unfuckable up budget? I think she said low end was €17 a person per day.
And then Friday, you do your three Friday meals, six cooked/prepped-in-advance weekend meals so you can have your days off, and clean the vast kitchen yourself.
Not clear how often she gets help with the dishwashing, either.
Then she stands on her hands in the pantry and skateboards to the supermercado.
That's a lot of energy, a wide range of cuisines, and blitz-fast skills.
And, as Nina mentions, she spends all her time indoors, below decks. And alone in the later vlogs.
I don't see Marie or anyone without a really positive personality, wide and eclectic food experience, and herculean energy (not supplied by cocaine, the chef's Bolivian marching powder) being able to take this on.

View attachment 1490995

Wow thanks for sharing that @billybudd, so interesting, and boy, can that girl can really multi task. Bloody hard work. The food looked amazing. I'd love to know how much she gets paid. Whatever it is she really earns it.
Marie doesn't stand a chance of ever being a 'yacht chef'. Not I'm afraid, in a million years

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Hello. I was lurking here for some time and now I have some things to say. I started following shatow in the time of our second lockdown (autumn/winter 2020/1; I should be learning Spanish during that time, ffs:mad::sick:). My "love" started to cool after that trip to Lago Something with Oliver and his lady. I'm "alergic" to some things, one of them is gushing over fascist poets. After that I started to notice all kind of weird things. I find her relationship with Dutchman very unsettling. I watched only couple of episodes of that gift thing and I think it's disturbing. And so are Christmas preparations and Easter parties.
What I want to say is about lake. I don't remember how long lake is no more (10 years?) and in this time a new microecosystem developed there. She should leave that "field" like it is. Luckily, if she runs out of money nothing will happen there in near future.

Sorry for typos etc. English is not my first language

• Heart
Reactions: 54
True, there have been no videos showing that watering has been going on.
What I find MORE interesting is that she hasn't shown the garden AT ALL. Every vlog she did since that plot was planted started with some footage from that garden. Now, nothing? Now, when she or anyone does a sweep of the back they very deliberately stop at where that garden starts.

What is she hiding? Is it not "beautiful" enough to be seen now? Or is it lush and full, evidence of her not following regulations about watering?
And even if she showed garden footage, it will probably be old footage to fool viewers. Fanny likes to time travel in that way when compiling her videos of smoke, mirrors, and lies. She just uses clips of videos taken at many different times and represent that the clips all occurred on the same day in her videos.

Reactions: 20
I was watching these guys last night, I hadn't realized they'd given up their chateau, anyways, they have the right ideas on e-begging, Patreon isn't their idea of owning their own place... at 8:30 they talk about it..
They're a nice couple, worked really hard but sensibly, downsized. However, of late, but have relented. They now add :

Thank you again for all your support and kind comments, and perhaps even a 'nice cup of tea' Anna and Peter https://www.buymeacoffee.com/Wonderfu...

Reactions: 13
They're a nice couple, worked really hard but sensibly, downsized. However, of late, but have relented. They now add :

Thank you again for all your support and kind comments, and perhaps even a 'nice cup of tea' Anna and Peter https://www.buymeacoffee.com/Wonderfu...
Yes I know, but 'buy me a coffee' is totally different than the grift Fanny's on. Besides, they let their original place go before the coffee thing.. Fanny would be begging for more, as we've seen in her BS heating farce.

Reactions: 17
when your off to a holiday...who goes visiting another crap brocante...those two are mad ...you cant make it up...leaving at midnight for a holiday... :eek: i know we are better organized..that woman would drive me mad..but in a way it all turns out very well..i cant get my head around this..

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Natty take Phillip’s copper tea pot to his “store” right now. Explain how the clutter prevents staff to cook. Explain Marie Poppins has enough to clean. Explain you found a mouse hiding inside. Explain that your boss/friend/cousin in law said she didn’t want it there so you should stop being evil and respect your kaboom girlfriend. Explain as the B&B Director the kitchen is communal space and needs only work related items. Explain SJ, Nic and Potty own the chateau. When you own a chateau you can put your copper teapot in the kitchen. Until then go sit at your lady desk and stop being so creepy!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.