The Chateau Diaries #170 Lately, oatmeal is more interesting than The Chateau Diaries!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If I remember right it also leads to a malicious link according to my security program.

Does it look like that’s a glacier snaking around the base of those mountains?

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
I can’t remember when the association was set up but think the mower was bought before that date so maybe allowed. Would be interesting to see what else was bought before the set up.

Reactions: 11
If Fanny and Phillip were invited does that mean Nic paid for everything for them?

Reactions: 14
Does it look like that’s a glacier snaking around the base of those mountains?
Because owning the chateau has always been about perception and appearances. About how she sees her life as opposed to how it really is. She is pretending to have the type of life that centuries of wealth and aristocracy would provide. In essence, she is pretending to be you. Monsieur Le Comte!

Reactions: 26
Oooh I love curtain talk

Nobody else there is fat which isn’t surprising seeing what is available to eat, so where does Natti keep her forbidden food.

Reactions: 15
If anyone from here is going to the open day could they please count the number of peacocks at the chateau and try and work out who really is the mum of this recent brood of chicks. There have been no sightings of the 3 peahens together for a while now so I’ve been wondering if Thor was naughty with one of his daughters.

All I want is a room somewhere
A room in Toile noone else can bear
Pink bed, Pink sheets, I won't even finish that seat
Oh wouldn't it be loverly

Reactions: 27
You know, of late we’ve all been speculating that no work is occurring due to holding money for the taxman/replenishing the association. But now I’m thinking that the valuation of the chateau that showed no increase over what they paid and dearth of high dollar renovation points to a Baghead buyout. She would have manipulated that to keep from having to pay Larkin any profit.

Reactions: 28
Have I missed something? I didn't realise Lie Lande had a caretakers cottage... Basmaignee has a gardeners cottage... Beatrix Potter had a cottage...I don't know which cottage you mean?

Reactions: 12
Welcome

MPK chose to be under scrutiny when he used GoFundMe to renovate the cottage, and then went onto YouTube saying “this is my only job.” Why? He has many talents. He could have been a mobile hairdresser like Annalise (had he learned to drive the car that his brother bought for him). Done wedding hair and makeup, bar work, advertised his services for payment in experienced renovations in other British owned chateaux, done as many have suggested and had his artwork put onto merchandise (which is probably going to happen). He may have various problems. The majority of us do. We still have to work. I used to watch his vlogs when they were regular, but I began to dislike him when he stopped fulfilling his promises. I believe his YouTube and Patreon could have been very lucrative, but it seems his laziness shot him in the foot. It was annoying that he took the money meant for the cottage restoration and went partying in Madrid.

He needs to close YouTube and Patreon and do his art. That appears to be his happy place and those are the best jobs.

The horses have bigger digs than he does these days... remember when he was snarky about having to move his stuff farther up for Sadie to have another stable? Well he would have had to do it again for Udea
What does MPeth actually contribute to the chateau now?

In the beginning he had a good YouTube channel. It was interesting, fun and lighthearted. He has a modicum of talent but nothing that anyone else couldn't do if they put their mind to it. Billy and Gwendoline must be at their wits end with him. He's like the last guest at the party who just won't leave. He brings young men (never females!) into the chateau under the guise of cameramen, film editors, help for the cottage who rarely stay longer than a week and then disappear without a mention. I think the Scandinavian lad stayed a while but left under very odd circumstances. And then there's Florian...

Sadie provides something for them. She has done the cleaning and the changeover for chateau and guest houses. She does childcare for Earnest and the baby and she has a plan to start a riding school and livery. I think she will be very good at that. She loves the horses and cares for them correctly. I know that these are rescue animals and are not/probably won't be ridden but it gives her the status and a foothold with the Mairie, the community, the chambre de agriculture so that when the time comes everything is in place. I actually think that, like Billy and her parents, she is quite savvy.

MPeth can't even look after his own dogs or the poultry that he got. Most of the stuff that is stored where the stables are is just crap and should be binned. If he hasn't done anything with it by now he's never going to. He must be the nightmare family member!

Reactions: 16
Have I missed something? I didn't realise Lie Lande had a caretakers cottage... Basmaignee has a gardeners cottage... Beatrix Potter had a cottage...I don't know which cottage you mean?
I think it is the “end of terrace house” which is Baghead Nicks. Calling it a cottage fails the trade description act in my view.

Reactions: 13
it's not a cottage per se, it's part of the shadow. i think it's on the left from the fountain coming through main gates?

Reactions: 10
Have you bugged my house!!! I keep telling my husband and son that 60 is the new 40 - my gf's all agree. 50 is the new 30 and, yes, 40 is the new 20
Yes totally agree, 60 is the new 40. At least it is when you have a 22 year old son.

That explains why she chose Snorty. You can replace his name as “chateau” in last paragraph.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.