The Chateau Diaries #161 Proceed with caution, Demented Diabolical Damsel of Disaster ahead!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm not sure who is more of an suck-up, sycophantic ass-kisser - Jason Dubey or Patrick from Journey to the Chateau? They are both equally irritating. :sick:
There can be no question as to who is the biggest suck up! Jason Did You See Me Dubey for the win!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Sorry, just a typo! I mean NL Nik Larkin.
The college was Somerville.
I am an Oxford grad from a few years after SJ, we overlapped and I knew her tangentially.
I think the 'SA investor' is just Michael Potts, Steph's former boyfriend who bought a share of the chateau few years back from Nik. Has he recently bought the rest of his share also?

Reactions: 18
I wonder if potentially selling his LieLande 40% share is the reason why larkins parents visited the Dump recently. The parents helped pay for Larkins portion of the Dump. And it would make sense why Marie and her son have not been at the Dump in several months. Perhaps the Christmas fight about Sir Snorts a Lot was the last straw for Larkin.

Isabelle could also be the South African investor.

Reactions: 35
I think the 'SA investor' is just Michael Potts, Steph's former boyfriend who bought a share of the chateau few years back from Nik. Has he recently bought the rest of his share also?
If so he has come into some money. Buying the Chateau share and land in SA. 🤔

Reactions: 12
Just a little reminder where flying monkeys and questionable tattlers are concerned. The “ignore” button is our friend…
I generally give them a few questions asked by other Tattlers and if not forthcoming with the goods and/or reasonable explanation. Then just hit the ignore button.

Reactions: 7
I agree. But, if a new genuine member they would at least have given more background info in connection with their comments. Radio silence in that area!
In any event, reported to moderators because no real substance or examples of what the poster actually had evidence.
Tattle Life needs facts, not just random comments from newly joined "randoms" without back up facts or, substance. :devilish:
This seems rather heavy handed! Plenty of Tattlers give their opinions without providing evidence - the reader is free to choose what they accept. One inoffensive post isn't enough to make a judgement of authenticity.
The poster may have very valid reasons wy they do not give more background info - similar to Clara. The "tradition" of new members being required to introduce themselves and to tell how they found these Tattles threads is relatively new. It certainly wasn't the case at the start of these threads and is entirely up to individuals if they wish to share.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
This seems rather heavy handed! Plenty of Tattlers give their opinions without providing evidence - the reader is free to choose what they accept.
The poster may have very valid reasons wy they do not give more background info - similar to Clara. The "tradition" of new members being required to introduce themselves and to tell and to tell how they found these Tattles threads is relatively new. It certainly wasn't the case at the start of these threads and is entirely up to individuals of they wish to share.
Please do ask any questions, I'd like to tell you about how I knew Steph during my time at Oxford.
I am not being evasive at all. No one has asked me any direct questions yet.
I am in touch with Somerville and the university photographers to send you the photos.
I also have some information from Essex planning department that might be of interest, regarding Cransford Hall?

• Heart
Reactions: 44
I mean it this time, almost done. ❤
Jules,
I know you're crazy busy with your home renovations and life in general, and you're inundated with tile requests... but can I ask a HUGE favor that would mean so much to me? When you have free time, would you please make a tile of one of the images of my pup I posted? Thank you! ❤

Thread 155 post 436

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Please do ask any questions, I'd like to tell you about how I knew Steph during my time at Oxford.
I am in touch with Somerville and the university photographers to send you the photos.
I also have some information from Essex planning department that might be of interest, regarding Cransford Hall?
i, for one, am deeply interested in that info from the planning department….

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Alton Condra I am waiting for them to assign me my day to come. I would love to spend time at Limoges, but I will fly into Paris then Lalande then Madrid
Wow...this is telling. Generally, the event is only a few weeks away and nothing is definite yet. Interesting also that Potts has been recruited to the comment section.

• Wow
Reactions: 20
Thank you @ViscountLaLande. I'm sure you will have lots of questions. I'd like to ask if we are correct in our assumption that she made a conscious effort to be part of the "in crowd" and also to ask if you know her husband, Greg Clarke? I believe that he mixed with that crowd but was not a student at Oxford.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
We love to hear gossip from behind the scenes, especially when the pink phone is off.
So put your hand up if you were the fly on the wall......sorry correction..... put your wing up if you were the fly on Steve’s scone!!

View attachment 1418892

You can see it from 11:00 and don't blink or you'll miss it.

I wonder which lucky guest/resident/owner slathered clotted cream on that piece of yummyness?
I wouldn't worry as I don't expect anything was covered over, so Francois the fly would have been over the lot! This time of year we get loads of flies and you don't leave any food out uncovered. They would have had a field day on the cocktail evening.

• Sick
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.