The Chateau Diaries #161 Proceed with caution, Demented Diabolical Damsel of Disaster ahead!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So Larkin wants out of the Chateau? Who’s the SA investor? Potts or Mummy?
We don't know how much stuff SJ purchased from the Ardmore lady in SA, but at 8,000 dollars a vase, she probably has enough cash to buy into the chateau and seems like the type. A second home to go to during the southern hemisphere winter and people there to maintain it (OK, maybe not 🙄) when you're not there.

Reactions: 11
If so he has come into some money. Buying the Chateau share and land in SA. 🤔
Land at SA is cheap. There's something going on in his life. Suddenly an YT channel and speculation about his ended relationship with Ruth.

Reactions: 21
Thank you @ViscountLaLande. I'm sure you will have lots of questions. I'd like to ask if we are correct in our assumption that she made a conscious effort to be part of the "in crowd" and also to ask if you know her husband, Greg Clarke? I believe that he mixed with that crowd bit was not a student at Oxford.
I didn't know a Greg Clarke, but I did know a Henry Clarke who as at Magdalen. Maybe this was his brother? Possibly that is how SJ and GC met?

The last time I saw SJ was at the grid for end of term supper. I think she said she was going on to working for the Met opera. (NY?) but I don't think that ever came off. Think SJ was a guest rather than a member in her own right.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
This seems rather heavy handed! Plenty of Tattlers give their opinions without providing evidence - the reader is free to choose what they accept. One post isn't enough to make a judgement of authenticity.
The poster may have very valid reasons wy they do not give more background info - similar to Clara. The "tradition" of new members being required to introduce themselves and to tell and to tell how they found these Tattles threads is relatively new. It certainly wasn't the case at the start of these threads and is entirely up to individuals if they wish to share.
Sorry, @Jeeves when I originally made my way to TL, I was made to feel like an alien flying monkey in order to prove who I actually was by very many TL members at that time, you included. And, I am certain that I was repeatedly, unnecessarily reported by existing members for being so at that time too.
Plus, being accused of being all kinds of others people in the chateauverse, e.g. Michael Petherick just because of my TL user name, especially by some existing Tl members who I know still today ignore me for calling them out. Who really cares?
I was just asking questions and in the absence of a response, then, I question that element and report. It's a given.
Obviously in this scenario, of course, time will tell if my initial intuition will pay off! :D
Added to which, I am just who I am, therefore, my opinion. AND, in my world, therefore everybody is entitled to their own opinion. :love:

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Please do ask any questions, I'd like to tell you about how I knew Steph during my time at Oxford.
I am not being evasive at all. No one has asked me any direct questions yet.
I am in touch with Somerville and the university photographers to send you the photos.
I also have some information from Essex planning department that might be of interest, regarding Cransford Hall?
We've been waiting for someone like you to step forward. Please share about the nursing home. Her father Derek (an artist of no substance) was commissioned to make a crest of Framlingham so he must have had connections with the city officials. The Richmonds (Chantal and Isabelle are sisters) have suddenly appeared, the very family that helped Jarvis' to run the lucrative nursing home... The scavengers have found a corpse to feast on, once again. How did they purchase the house? Where did the money came from? How were they able to turn it to a nursing home? Any complaints about the care? Who provided the 'customers'?

I have some information regarding the change of use of the hall from a school into a nursing home and the building of a BUNGALOW which is where I presume SJ actually grew up.
She told that she lived in the attics? So, this is not true?

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Odysseus_Gibson ought to be your next incarnation... LOL.
View attachment 1419254
I'll consider it :) 🤣

Just call me 'Nobody.'

It's one of my beloveds favourite sayings. I suppose 'Mr.Nobody did this!' 🤣

I can relate it to Lalande, as part of his epic adventures, he visited a land of lazy lotus eaters. He encountered treachery and robbers and the deluded. He was also very good at resisting sirens.

Very appropriate 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I have some information regarding the change of use of the hall from a school into a nursing home and the building of a BUNGALOW which is where I presume SJ actually grew up.
Sounds like a totally different story than we’ve been told! 😱
Attic or bungalow??? Hmmm....

Reactions: 13
All I can visualize with the request for dolls is Chucky and his bride TIffany from the Chucky horror movies. Good luck patenting a doll, I'll race you to the trademark office and file for paper dolls. Dress PhiPhi and LOTL in the latest thrifted finds. Paint PhiPhi's nails and have them toil in the chateau and set elaborate tablescapes.

Yawn- nutballs .

Regarding her growing up as a flower in the attic- wouldn't be surprised if that narrative was off as well.

• Haha
  • Sick
I think Potts....I mean FI Potts is in the live chat as he releases a video right after the CD. Trying to get viewers.

• Haha
Please do ask any questions, I'd like to tell you about how I knew Steph during my time at Oxford.
I am in touch with Somerville and the university photographers to send you the photos.
I also have some information from Essex planning department that might be of interest, regarding Cransford Hall?
Have you met her parents? What impression they gave? How was Stephanie like in her formative years? Shy and timid? Do you know Oliver Strong and Nik? Did they both date with her? ;) 😂 Inquiring minds like to know.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
But, do you actually have any facts? Presuming is not facts imho.
How are you connected with the Jarvis back history?

Reactions: 6
Hello @ViscountLaLande How very forthcoming, and maybe your offered intelligence material might be exciting information for some.
I am wondering, however, dear 15 fellow tartlets, how this information can benefit the purpose of our quest to expose immoral exploitation of patreons and squandering of Patreon income? We are in 2022. What has the distant past got to do with this?
Unless we are hell bent on a complete character assassination by way of digging up possibly juicy morsels of long gone crimes of the said family.
I personally see not much point in this exercise. I'm not even curious enough.
Jus' sayin'! :giggle: 🥰

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
Sorry, @Jeeves when I originally made my way to TL, I was made to feel like an alien flying monkey in order to prove who I actually was by very many TL members at that time, you included. And, I am certain that I was repeatedly, unnecessarily reported by existing members for being so at that time too.
Plus, being accused of being all kinds of others people in the chateauverse, e.g. Michael Petherick just because of my TL user name, especially by some existing Tl members who I know still today ignore me for calling them out. Who really cares?
I was just asking questions and in the absence of a response, then, I question that element and report. It's a given.
Obviously in this scenario, of course, time will tell if my initial intuition will pay off! :D
Added to which, I am just who I am, therefore, my opinion. AND, in my world, therefore everybody is entitled to their own opinion. :love:
You are not alone in being suspected of being a flying monkey - most of us have experienced that at some point as I am sure you will have realised in your short time with us. As far as being reported repeatedly for this, how would you know? As far as I am aware, no-one bothers to report flying monkeys to mods as they tend to drift away by themselves. Looking back over your posting history, I can see two tongue in cheek suggestions that you were Teabag or Philip. - and neither were me and I didn't react to either of these posts. (In fact one poster told you that they were "only kidding"!) I did however react with a ❤ to your inaugural post!

Hello @ViscountLaLande nformative. How very forthcoming and no doubt iinformation.nteresting
I am wondering, however, dear 15 fellow tartlets, how this information can benefit the purpose of our quest to expose immoral exploitation of patreons and squandering of Patreon income? We are in 2022. What has the distant past got to do with this?
Unless we are hell bent on a complete character assassination by way of digging up possibly juicy morsels of long gone crimes of the said family.
I personally see not much point in this exercise. I'm not even curious enough.

Jus' sayin'! :giggle: 🥰
I suppose this is of interest as we have have been trying to piece together the back story of the nursing homes and the finances which provided the resources for the purchase of Lelande, which have been a longstanding enquiry here. Isn't it just about establishing fact from fiction?

• Heart
Reactions: 23

I want to know everything! If there are any complaints about TLDR: just blame me.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Remember how she told she had his French bedroom set in an ordinary room while she dreamed of a chateau to put it in? I always thought she was talking about her flat in London but maybe it was her bungalow bedroom? Attic rooms have slanted roofs and are far from 'ordinary'.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.