The Chateau Diaries #154 Everything they do is waste - everything worthy is wasted on them

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was thinking the same, and if that was wheat it would have screwed my night up... I can't even taste pasta to see if it's done anymore, I've taken to squishing a bit on the counter to test šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø
I need to make a fake account, and blow smoke up her ass... Oh Stephanie, you are the prettiest in the land. Nobody ever looks as good as you. How do you do it??? You need more free gifts, you deserve more... Come on everyone, lets try harder to give more....

This is what I want to do, but I need every stranger in the world to think I should, then I might... or maybe I'll go back to bed.
Is Dan on a hunger strike? Ghandi looked healthier.
Is 1 courgette, 1 tomato and some lettuce leaves from Fanny's garden insufficient?
Is Dana's food not palatable?
Do you miss Annalise's home cooking?
Geez Dan - eat something man!
OMG!! I will never be able to unsee that! Is DTM auditioning for the role of Scarecrow???

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Pray do tell me, who is thirsty for an under nourished arrogant head??? Put your shirt back on Dan and stop being so desperate.
D28B7C75-FDAF-4040-84C6-F3842F903FC2.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
My dearest tattlers,

This tattler is moving away from the Netherlands again after only spending 14 months here šŸ„³.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
My dearest tattlers,

This tattler is moving away from the Netherlands again after only spending 14 months here šŸ„³.
I am very happy for you that you escaped the Netherrealms. What magical, beautiful place are you going now?

Reactions: 11
I thought you probably found your one true love there.
One and true love??? Nope, I wouldn't be able to travel this much if I had a better half. Besides i'm waiting for Jikki. He said that if SJ and Snorts were a pair, he would marry a woman and make 2.3 childeren! I'm still waiting for his proposal šŸ¤£.

Turkey and Spain are the countries I truely enjoyed living in! My least favorite so far was Germany. Thank god for the Irish community in Germany.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Tell you what, there is a tiny island in the lagoon where they grow a very special kind of artichokes you can find only there. They are called in Venetian dialect "castraure" (same word as castrate, that is cut) because they are the sprouts of this ONLY local variety of artichokes and cut as soon as they grow. They are deep purple, quite tiny, not more than a thumb big, and are only available for about 15 days, exactly during this period. As they are very tiny, they are quite tender, sweet and soft and you eat them raw, usually finely sliced as a salad or spread on a white risotto. In this case they are deep fried for just one or two minutes. Another of their characteristics is that they have a subtle salty taste, as they grow close to the sea in a sandy soil.
Being so rare - you can only find then there and only for a very short time - they are quite expensive, but worth the try.
If she knew the local kitchen so well like she is pretending, and she wanted to cook something very special, unique and gourmand for the guests, she would have gone to the Rialto market instead of a local cheap supermarket, part of a national chain, and she would have known.

Well, she cooked something unique indeed, a nondescript, never seen before, mushy blob of bizarrely assembled ingredients. I wonder if the guests' stomachs could face that assault without consequences.
Oh well, they had some fresh salad, dressed with some poor quality oil from the jar of the artichokes sott'olio to comfort them.

View attachment 1359847
Wow ā€¦ they sound delicious. You have made me want to go there at just the right time just to try them!

• Heart
Here we see FRK changed her name to Tom and living life on the high seas with Captain Pugwash and his men. Pleased to see the chicken made it into the Picnic.

• Haha
  • Heart

If I were SJ I would all be shaking with excitement.
Who knows what she chose for herself (Although I think a lot of it is too expensive for her)

Reactions: 10
Lord, could you imagine being a bunk mate with Marie in a small, enclosed cabin.
Boat life is tough and she doesn't have the emotional strength to cope with that environment - it makes the cesspool at Lie Lande look like a kiddies paddling pool.

Jackass for Life - can't argue with that!

Let's put them all on Below Deck.

Guests - Fanny, Snorty, Potty, Michael Petherick and Mummy & Percy aka Mr. & Mrs. Howell
Captain - Nic Baghead
Chef - Dan & Dana
Chief Stew - Stuart
2nd Stew - Natti
3rd Stew - FRK
Bosun (1st Officer) - Amuary
2nd Officer - Scotman
Deckhand - the new young female vegetable gardener (don't know her name)
Chief Engineer - Nic the Tree Surgeon

That is creepy.....
You have sullied the good name of Thurston and Lovey Howell!!!
Actually, itā€™s fixinā€™ to do somethinā€™ šŸ˜†

Also, if Michael Petherick lived in the southern US, he wouldnā€™t ask someone to ā€œdrive him to the store.ā€ Instead, heā€™d say ā€œCan you carry me to the store?ā€ If you loaned someone cash, youā€™d say ā€œI borrowed him some money.ā€ Thereā€™s a lot moreā€¦we have a language all our own!
donā€™t forget ā€œtumpedā€ over, lol.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
cd4ec074-a2e2-475a-b18f-c7d7e46b3bd8_text.gif

08e1b6ab-4fd3-46e1-a67f-a9d1fae9d53f_text.gif

Ferntella

2 days ago
I would love to see a video of what a stay as a guest at Lalande looks like. Is there a schedule? What sort of activities go on near the chateau that they entertain themselves with? How long are guests usually there?

Jacqueline Reynolds

2 days ago
The b&b is only open Thurs to Sunday. The two gites can be booked for longer as they are self catering. Lalande is very rural and prior to Covid I think guests only stopped there for a night or two on the way to somewhere else. Now its a destination for Chateau Diaries and Chateau DIY fans

Rosie Hugh

1 day ago (edited)
@Jacqueline Reynolds According to the booking forms, the chateau is fully booked for the next 11 days, including Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. And, next month, there are rooms available for booking on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesdays. The same is true for August, so how can it be open only Thursday to Sunday?

Jacqueline Reynolds

1 day ago
@Rosie Hugh Thats what Stephanie said was going to happen. Thurs to Sun only. But I know they have had guests staying other nights to accomodate those that had bookings cancelled because of Covid

Rosie Hugh
1 day ago
@Jacqueline Reynolds When did Stephanie say this was going to happen? It certainly doesn't appear to be happening this season.

Ruth Bernstein

1 day ago
It's literally in the middle of nowhere. Jason Dubey (I think that's his name, the high tier patron) said it was 6 hours from anywhere. The is no entertainment. I would imagine you could walk through the woods but the walled garden I suspect would be off limits as would be private rooms in the house even the kitchen. Its advertised as a B n B so again I suspect the evening meal is extra but again depending on who is available to prepare and serve. You would not be guaranteed the company of the owner. I guess most people go merely for the experience given its TV and you tube popularity. For the behind the scenes interaction you would have to volunteer.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
I agree with you he is. Certainly hasn't been near the Convent for any hard labour. The firm is sponsering him for on month, be interesting if they continue as number watching continue to fall.
If he'd actually go to the properties himself and film, the video could actually be interesting, but watching some voice over to some marketing flicks is so boring - and the fake news channel background is just ludicrous

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.