The Chateau Diaries #154 Everything they do is waste - everything worthy is wasted on them

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Possibly this is the last time I do WIIK WATCH. it feels as if one is straying perilously close to tricoteuse territory, knitting while the tumbrils approach the guillotine.

Her latest Insta persona. Her updated Patreon info page. Link to what her levels of support offer Patrons (essentia!ly nothing, nada, zero, zilch: WHY DOES ANYONE SUPPORT SOMEONE WHO PROVIDES SWEET FANNY ADAMS IN RETURN?).

Screenshot_20220622-101505_kindlephoto-428732520.png
Screenshot_20220622-102111_kindlephoto-429098744.png

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
View attachment 1361295

View attachment 1361298
Ferntella
2 days ago
I would love to see a video of what a stay as a guest at Lalande looks like. Is there a schedule? What sort of activities go on near the chateau that they entertain themselves with? How long are guests usually there?

Jacqueline Reynolds
2 days ago
The b&b is only open Thurs to Sunday. The two gites can be booked for longer as they are self catering. Lalande is very rural and prior to Covid I think guests only stopped there for a night or two on the way to somewhere else. Now its a destination for Chateau Diaries and Chateau DIY fans

Rosie Hugh
1 day ago (edited)
@Jacqueline Reynolds According to the booking forms, the chateau is fully booked for the next 11 days, including Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. And, next month, there are rooms available for booking on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesdays. The same is true for August, so how can it be open only Thursday to Sunday?

Jacqueline Reynolds
1 day ago
@Rosie Hugh Thats what Stephanie said was going to happen. Thurs to Sun only. But I know they have had guests staying other nights to accomodate those that had bookings cancelled because of Covid

Rosie Hugh
1 day ago
@Jacqueline Reynolds When did Stephanie say this was going to happen? It certainly doesn't appear to be happening this season.

Ruth Bernstein
1 day ago
It's literally in the middle of nowhere. Jason Dubey (I think that's his name, the high tier patron) said it was 6 hours from anywhere. The is no entertainment. I would imagine you could walk through the woods but the walled garden I suspect would be off limits as would be private rooms in the house even the kitchen. Its advertised as a B n B so again I suspect the evening meal is extra but again depending on who is available to prepare and serve. You would not be guaranteed the company of the owner. I guess most people go merely for the experience given its TV and you tube popularity. For the behind the scenes interaction you would have to volunteer.
Ahh a day in the life of a Bnb patreon guest at Lalande. Now that would be interesting. @missartemis already gave us her experience. I think we need a few more. Anyone??????

Inquiring minds will find out sooner or later, they always do. I am not naming names as to not cause trouble for possible families involved.
I shall take a guess …..
Dan
Grant
Jooste

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
De-railing a bit, but this place is an education.
Learning about different cultures, cookery, travel tips, films, gardening, music & history to name but a few topics we've discussed. So now I've googled Marie of Romania - I'd never heard of her - but what an interesting character she was. Just got lost down YouTube/Wiki rabbit holes looking her up.
I love looking at old B&W newsreels & footage. Just watched a clip of her at her home in Bran Castle in the Transylvanian Alps - a place I visited with my dad (I know, I know 😃) many years ago.Took me back to that trip, internal flight on a small plane, beautiful countryside, fabulous hotel, carts pulled by bullocks, shops with pyramid of canned goods as a display & of course the visit to Bran Castle aka Dracula's castle. Pretty impressive & creepy too. Also visited Bucharest as well at the time & that is a beautiful city.
Thanks Tattlers for expanding my world knowledge. 😘
I always say to my son - life is an education, each day is a lesson. Just because you have finished school doesn't mean you stop learning - he laughs at me but he gets it. The way I see it is once you finish school you start learning the things you choose to learn, it's what makes it enjoyable and not be a chore.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Haven't watched in many, many weeks so thought I'd give it a try. Save yourselves as this week's Manor & Maker's vlog is a snooze fest. They are getting worse, not better, at vlogging.

- Matchy matchy - Sara gets covered in feathers while recovering 3 dirty old chairs, recovering multiple dirty old pillows & a set of drapes - all in the same fabric. The ensemble all looks very Hyacinth Bouquet. I'm surprised Sara didn't cover the furniture in plastic. (At least she did the sewing herself)
- Grifting - Sara begs viewers to send her a sewing Serger machine
- No Paul Bunyan - following a storm Steve takes a chain saw to a fallen tree small branch
- Slow - volunteer cuts down a real tree before Steve can get outside to film
- Witless - volunteers leaving and Steve forgets to turn the camera on to film their farewell
Her choices in fabrics are questionable. Her chair fabric, her drapes, her bedding... it's all has a feel of not quite there but we're on a budget type feel about it. It explains why she also simply didn't buy new down to stuff the cushions with. Here's a tip Sara, find a video on how to feather stuff a cushion without it ending up like your dog pulled the cushion apart.

At least the butterflies were nice. 🦋

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Anyone else catch this update from Marie? Now she wants to be a yacht chef? I think she’d crumble working for a captain. You don’t get to say no or argue with a captain and you have to get along with your coworkers.
There has been a number of ‘reality’ shows about yacht crews. They tend to be very young and nice to look at. The chefs are normally very highly skilled and separate from the hospitality crew who clean, serve food, make cocktails.
As far as I can tell, Marie can only perform 1 of these tasks.

Reactions: 14
I was watching Auntie Owm.....his uncles wife's channel and she stated Ryan was away on a date. Does this mean he found someone else and dumped Downey? His new format of his channel is terrible. There are plenty of realtor channels of French homes for sale and far better than his. He needs to find a real job and get on with life.
Would you please be so kind to share a link to her channel?

Is Dan on a hunger strike? Ghandi looked healthier.
Is 1 courgette, 1 tomato and some lettuce leaves from Fanny's garden insufficient?
Is Dana's food not palatable?
Do you miss Annalise's home cooking?
Geez Dan - eat something man!
He thinks his look is clickbait.

And so it is - if you're producing a film on the French Revolution and are looking to cast 'starving peasant no:1'.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Here we see FRK changed her name to Tom and living life on the high seas with Captain Pugwash and his men. Pleased to see the chicken made it into the Picnic.
Oh boy did me and my brother love Captain Pugwash as kids. And then finding out about all the innuendos as an adult 😉😅 Hearing that squeeze box tune has made me all nostalgic ❤

FRK could never, ever be Tom. No common sense, no style, no quick witted-ness. She would never find the treasure let alone think to pack it up and transport it back to the ship.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9

My kid loves watching Below deck. Personally, those shows make me nervous. Stress level, speed, demanding guests .... everything.
That job is crazy house. A job just created for the FRK. :oops::oops::oops:
They'd eat her up and spit her out, it would be her worst career choice ever!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Ahh a day in the life of a Bnb patreon guest at Lalande. Now that would be interesting. @missartemis already gave us her experience. I think we need a few more. Anyone??????

I shall take a guess …..
Dan
Grant
Jooste
Oh I hope not Grant. I really hope he's above that...

Reactions: 16
What the duck Marie! Pick a different direction to pursue - preferably one that does not see you ending up a corpse floating to the bottom of the ocean. This is such a bad idea! You left Norway to go volunteer at lie Lande. You left lie Lande specifically because you were sick to death of cooking. You said it yourself! You left to go play with flowers in England which you left to go play at wandering lost lonely and suicidal in the French countryside, which you left for lie Lande, which you left for Norway. Oh hell Marie, maybe being a chef on a yacht is the best move for your future... because you can just pick up and leave at any port, to move on to the next place that doesn't suit you, doesn't help your mental stability and will leave you searching for the next job for you to freaking leave!
Being a chef on one of the super yachts requires qualifications and references I would imagine and if she went for a smaller yacht then crew are expected to all muck in with other jobs as well. I can imagine how that would go down.
oh I wonder if she gets sea sick😂😂

Just provisioning my own sailboat (Mr. T Rex, me, and 2 small dogs) for a weekend trip is no easy feat. Back in the day (before the tiny fur troupe joined our family), we'd cruise for weeks at a time. Detailed meal planning for each day is done a week in advance (you have to plan by what perishables would need to be used first, make sure the right seasonings are on board and frigo/freezer space was always a premium as well- so there's that- and no one wants to drink warm Miller Lites at sea!) On our current sailboat, we have an Origo 6000 alcohol stove with oven, a Magma grill, an Engel frigo (it's Australian, and the BEST- incredibly efficient), an ice maker (which eats a lot of power, but we have solar panels to top off that battery bank, or can fire up the iron genny- engine- because I love my Zaya and Diet Coke) and nobody starves or eats from a tin. (We bring some as a backup, though!) @billybudd, your poor mum! I love sailing itself more than the destinations, though!
Oh I do envy you, I had to give up sailing when my son was born as my ex had no interest in it at all and I couldn’t go off and leave a baby with him. Really annoying as I’d just passed my Navigation course as well.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Wow … they sound delicious. You have made me want to go there at just the right time just to try them!

Hope this copies across ok.
As we're in the mood for sharing I watch this guy from time to time, Alex - French guy cooking. This vid is his discovery of nipple shaped tomatoes that only grow on the slopes of mount Vesuvius. There appears to be product placement on all his videos now, there never used to be, but he can be amusing and self deprecating...

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Is Dan on a hunger strike? Ghandi looked healthier.
Is 1 courgette, 1 tomato and some lettuce leaves from Fanny's garden insufficient?
Is Dana's food not palatable?
Do you miss Annalise's home cooking?
Geez Dan - eat something man!
And while he's at it, he could put his shirt back on!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Just provisioning my own sailboat (Mr. T Rex, me, and 2 small dogs) for a weekend trip is no easy feat. Back in the day (before the tiny fur troupe joined our family), we'd cruise for weeks at a time. Detailed meal planning for each day is done a week in advance (you have to plan by what perishables would need to be used first, make sure the right seasonings are on board and frigo/freezer space was always a premium as well- so there's that- and no one wants to drink warm Miller Lites at sea!) On our current sailboat, we have an Origo 6000 alcohol stove with oven, a Magma grill, an Engel frigo (it's Australian, and the BEST- incredibly efficient), an ice maker (which eats a lot of power, but we have solar panels to top off that battery bank, or can fire up the iron genny- engine- because I love my Zaya and Diet Coke) and nobody starves or eats from a tin. (We bring some as a backup, though!) @billybudd, your poor mum! I love sailing itself more than the destinations, though!
Oh I do envy you, I had to give up sailing when my son was born as my ex had no interest in it at all and I couldn’t go off and leave a baby with him. Really annoying as I’d just passed my Navigation course as well.
Well, after all of the pictures here and descriptions of the CLL vlog, as well as Dana's risotto debacle, I wasn't sure I could stomach the vlogs. I needed to get my mind off current events here tonight, so I sat down with a cup of tea and tried to watch. Even my sweet husband said he'd watch with me! That didn't last long, though - he bagged out of Dana's video well before I did, asking "These people are relevant, how?"

These people are totally unwatchable - I couldn't even force myself to watch both of them through to the end, even for snark value. While I've never enjoyed the Grabeaux, I needed a diversion, though. Between Stephanie and Philip, I can't even decide who I dislike more these days. They are both truly awful people, so phony and affected - and why? What have they done in their lives, besides swindle people? The over-the top giggling and Philip snorting and trying to be witty.....too much for me. I bagged out.
I’m usually an easygoing person and gave up watching the Grabeaux months ago. However, I decided to give Dana a chance but by half way through I was so wound up with fanny and Philip that I couldn’t tell you what Dana was doing. Outside of their own made up kingdom they are so embarrassing, loud, rude and ugh, I even drank my Aperol with water and on a school night 🤬🤬🤬

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Oh I hope not Grant. I really hope he's above that...
I’d put my last fiver on Grant I’m afraid. There was definitely a little over familiarity between them in the last vlog. Grant also made a bit of an innuendo towards her I think which I thought odd.
I’ll try and find it 🧐

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.