The Chateau Diaries #154 Everything they do is waste - everything worthy is wasted on them

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I did wonder about the cheeses etc that were brought back from Venice... is it acceptable to bring foodstuffs back from a different country?
Within Europe I think it's obligatory! I regularly cross the border into Spain (1 hour by car) and do a food shop. Olive oil, hams, cheeses, wine, spirits etc., and also things like shower gel, dishwasher tablets, washing liquid, toothpaste as it is cheaper there. We also get a day out in a "foreign" country and go to a favourite cantina for lunch. When we go to Italy (obvs much longer trip) the car gets filled with all of the above plus pasta, risotto rice, canned tomatoes, peppers, aubergines, cippolini.... and more. Sometimes we bring so much stuff back I have to sit on some of it!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Anyone else catch this update from Marie? Now she wants to be a yacht chef? I think she’d crumble working for a captain. You don’t get to say no or argue with a captain and you have to get along with your coworkers.
Is this on her IG patreon account? Thats a real turn around from doing a go fund me to buy her a car, in order to transport her florals around, to ditching it and the land and now trying out her sea legs.... accompanied with floristry & bartender skills. How big is this yacht? Why is she even asking what people think? She's like a flea on a dog, she just keeps jumping until she finds something to bite.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Within Europe I think it's obligatory! I regularly cross the border into Spain (1 hour by car) and do a food shop. Olive oil, hams, cheeses, wine, spirits etc., and also things like shower gel, dishwasher tablets, washing liquid, toothpaste as it is cheaper there. We also get a day out in a "foreign" country and go to a favourite cantina for lunch. When we go to Italy (obvs much longer trip) the car gets filled with all of the above plus pasta, risotto rice, canned tomatoes, peppers, aubergines, cippolini.... and more. Sometimes we bring so much stuff back I have to sit on some of it!
Travelling across borders by car I can understand, but didn't she fly so therefore would need to go through customs? Anything to declare?

Reactions: 8
Clara Burnett said:
Inquiring minds will find out sooner or later, they always do. I am not naming names as to not cause trouble for possible families involved.
I shall take a guess …..

Dan
Grant
Jooste
With Fanny's morals, just as likely to be Scotman, Percy and the Chapel Restorer, if she could see a benefit!

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Possibly this is the last time I do WIIK WATCH. it feels as if one is straying perilously close to tricoteuse territory, knitting while the tumbrils approach the guillotine.

Her latest Insta persona. Her updated Patreon info page. Link to what her levels of support offer Patrons (essentia!ly nothing, nada, zero, zilch: WHY DOES ANYONE SUPPORT SOMEONE WHO PROVIDES SWEET FANNY ADAMS IN RETURN?).

View attachment 1361312View attachment 1361313

Who indeed would continue to be a patron. Patreon can terminate or suspend Marie's account at any time at their discretion, but on their website Patreon doesn't mention what reasons would justify them cancelling a creators account. I wonder if lack of content creation would be a sufficient reason for Patreon to cancel Marie's account?

Reactions: 14
Anyone else catch this update from Marie? Now she wants to be a yacht chef? I think she’d crumble working for a captain. You don’t get to say no or argue with a captain and you have to get along with your coworkers.
she makes me so sad, honestly. she desperately needs approval for every life choice she makes. "do you guys think i should do this?" i don't know, Marie, if you think it's what you want to be doing just do it! why do you need strangers on the internet to validate you?

• Heart
Reactions: 15
she makes me so sad, honestly. she desperately needs approval for every life choice she makes. "do you guys think i should do this?" i don't know, Marie, if you think it's what you want to be doing just do it! why do you need strangers on the internet to validate you?
What happened to the book Marie was going to write?

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I don't think she did either..

I still enjoy Chateau de montmagner, they got married this week, really enjoyable one :) They really work hard, I'm surprised they don't have more following..

It would be entertaining YT watching though 😂 🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷
Montmagner... I have to watch at speed... I can't listen to her incessant whooping and laughing and his looooooooong drawwwwwwwwwwn ouuuuuuuuuut speech where he says the same things 5 times in different ways and insists on quoting measurements... You are right though they have worked extremely hard, she even made not 1 but 2 wedding dresses but I'm sorry they talk too much and the term of endearments eg Teddy Bear make me cringe. But then if we all liked the same things we would be a dull bunch as we'd have nothing to discuss.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Is Dan on a hunger strike? Ghandi looked healthier.
Is 1 courgette, 1 tomato and some lettuce leaves from Fanny's garden insufficient?
Is Dana's food not palatable?
Do you miss Annalise's home cooking?
Geez Dan - eat something man!
And pull his trousers up 🤢

• Haha
Reactions: 13

Hope this copies across ok.
As we're in the mood for sharing I watch this guy from time to time, Alex - French guy cooking. This vid is his discovery of nipple shaped tomatoes that only grow on the slopes of mount Vesuvius. There appears to be product placement on all his videos now, there never used to be, but he can be amusing and self deprecating...
Thank you, great find! In fact one of the characteristics of Italian food and cooking - and Italian culture in general - is the unbelivable number and varieties, even whitin a small area. Due to the great variety of the territory, climate, microclimate, soil etc. there are thousands of different recipes of the same dish, like pasta, rice, meat, fish, vegetables, cakes and pastries and they can vary greatly even from one town or village to the next one.
But what is not very well known is that in Italy there are about 500 types of cheese and many of them are DOP (protected origin denomination). Many of them are produced only in a very small area, like many types of wines or olive oil, or ham and salami that are not enough to be exported, just like some fruit and vegetables which are grown in small areas and are of a superior quality.
Unfortunately our government, like the past ones, has not helped our agriculture, as if the foolish project were to destroy as much as possible of it. I don't want to discuss this here, but it's very sad.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
What the duck Marie! Pick a different direction to pursue - preferably one that does not see you ending up a corpse floating to the bottom of the ocean. This is such a bad idea! You left Norway to go volunteer at lie Lande. You left lie Lande specifically because you were sick to death of cooking. You said it yourself! You left to go play with flowers in England which you left to go play at wandering lost lonely and suicidal in the French countryside, which you left for lie Lande, which you left for Norway. Oh hell Marie, maybe being a chef on a yacht is the best move for your future... because you can just pick up and leave at any port, to move on to the next place that doesn't suit you, doesn't help your mental stability and will leave you searching for the next job for you to freaking leave!
She must be spending time watching Below Deck on bravo tv. MARIE taught guest will not put up with roast chicken.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Travelling across borders by car I can understand, but didn't she fly so therefore would need to go through customs? Anything to declare?
In my experience, if you are driving a car across borders say France to Spain, Spain to Portugal, there are very few borders manned by customs. When we drove from Spain to Portugal a couple of years ago, we literally saw a sign saying 'Portugal'. The EU has 'open borders' ;)

Reactions: 11
Thank you, great find! In fact one of the characteristics of Italian food and cooking - and Italian culture in general - is the unbelivable number and varieties, even whitin a small area. Due to the great variety of the territory, climate, microclimate, soil etc. there are thousands of different recipes of the same dish, like pasta, rice, meat, fish, vegetables, cakes and pastries and they can vary greatly even from one town or village to the next one.
But what is not very well known is that in Italy there are about 500 types of cheese and many of them are DOP (protected origin denomination). Many of them are produced only in a very small area, like many types of wines or olive oil, or ham and salami that are not enough to be exported, just like some fruit and vegetables which are grown in small areas and are of a superior quality.
Unfortunately our government, like the past ones, has not helped our agriculture, as if the foolish project were to destroy as much as possible of it. I don't want to discuss this here, but it's very sad.
I cut at least 1000 Roma tomato’s a week for my sandwich shop, so many South American and Florida tomato have nipples, perhaps cross breeding.

I should try to watch them.......There are a couple of them that I enjoy, but they don't produce as much content, unfortunately, and I've seen all of their episodes already! Maybe tomorrow, as time allows, I'll check out your suggestion. Thanks for the "referral"!
I really liked them in the beginning, but for some reason, they became boring.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
I did wonder about the cheeses etc that were brought back from Venice... is it acceptable to bring foodstuffs back from a different country?
Not a problem with the open borders of Europe (with very few exception, e.g. if the food contains something which is forbidden in the other country - like certain substances in certain cookies from the Netherlands ... )

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.