The Chateau Diaries #154 Everything they do is waste - everything worthy is wasted on them

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I want to stay at your place and experience your hospitality! I prepare fresh, abundant food and obviously Asian inspired recipes. You, my friend, are an inspiration. I would starve at the shiteau. The small restuarant which @billybud has sussed out would be the only place I could eat. I am not a food snob, just a home cook, but I do know about nutrition, taste and freshness of product - everything lacking in the shiteau kitchen.
Oh thank you so much! How nice of you. You're welcome! And of course, with you, all our Tattlers friends 💓 I'm not a professional cook in any way, but I've learned to cook with love for my children (all grown up now) and family and friends. I think love is the main ingredient,but not love for food or cooking, but for the ones you are preparing it for. Because you want to make them happy and stay healthy and look after them.
Once one of my daughters organized an important one week seminar for people coming from many parts of the world and I was requested to cook meals. I had never cooked for 15 people twice a day before and I wanted to keep it fresh, healthy, nourishing, aboundant and tasty and.... easy to digest!
It was a success! They even found a surname for me: Annapurna: the hindu goddess of nourishment! ahahaha. Well, I must say I don't know where I found the strength - and the gout - to do it, but I enjoyed every moment of it.
So, yes, you are all welcome at my table.

I hear you on the double jeopardy of checking in here as a relief from current events. Is Dana's risotto worse than.....
In a way, it is. Malice and pretension infuses into the food.
I've been thinking about Zen Buddhism and cooking lately. Edward Espe Brown, my candidate for most influential 20th c chef (Alice Waters' older, hipper, purer OG). Just located his movie on Youtube, How to Cook Your Life. Highly recommended. Aaauuuooooommmmmmmmm.

Food and love go hand in hand. There is no nourishing or joy in food if it is not prepared with love.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I just love the way people in Southern states say they are 'fixing' to do something.
I may just start using it - or is that cultural appropriation??
Technically it’s “fixin’ ”, no g…
As in “I’m fixin’ to go to the store, do you want anything?”
And if you can use y’all and fixin’ in the same sentence then it’s double points.
As in “Y’all better get your $hit together, ‘cause I’m fixin’ to kick your a$$!” That’s triple points -one for the ‘cause…

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
View attachment 1361295

View attachment 1361298
Ferntella
2 days ago
I would love to see a video of what a stay as a guest at Lalande looks like. Is there a schedule? What sort of activities go on near the chateau that they entertain themselves with? How long are guests usually there?

Jacqueline Reynolds
2 days ago
The b&b is only open Thurs to Sunday. The two gites can be booked for longer as they are self catering. Lalande is very rural and prior to Covid I think guests only stopped there for a night or two on the way to somewhere else. Now its a destination for Chateau Diaries and Chateau DIY fans

Rosie Hugh
1 day ago (edited)
@Jacqueline Reynolds According to the booking forms, the chateau is fully booked for the next 11 days, including Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. And, next month, there are rooms available for booking on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesdays. The same is true for August, so how can it be open only Thursday to Sunday?

Jacqueline Reynolds
1 day ago
@Rosie Hugh Thats what Stephanie said was going to happen. Thurs to Sun only. But I know they have had guests staying other nights to accomodate those that had bookings cancelled because of Covid

Rosie Hugh
1 day ago
@Jacqueline Reynolds When did Stephanie say this was going to happen? It certainly doesn't appear to be happening this season.

Ruth Bernstein
1 day ago
It's literally in the middle of nowhere. Jason Dubey (I think that's his name, the high tier patron) said it was 6 hours from anywhere. The is no entertainment. I would imagine you could walk through the woods but the walled garden I suspect would be off limits as would be private rooms in the house even the kitchen. Its advertised as a B n B so again I suspect the evening meal is extra but again depending on who is available to prepare and serve. You would not be guaranteed the company of the owner. I guess most people go merely for the experience given its TV and you tube popularity. For the behind the scenes interaction you would have to volunteer.
This is exactly the reason why @Le Comte de Monte Cristo is saying that the royal dump needs a pool. There is nothing to do and certainly the chateau isn't coming up with entertainment.

If la Jarvis watched a few documentaries in English nobilties and their lavish parties at their country houses, she would know.

Reactions: 21
Thinking about Stephanie Jarvis and PJ's recent trip to Venice.
They have got to have been there for at least 3 days and 2 nights, absolute minimum!
Travel to and attend Tessa's party first day/night - JS black dress and PJ lacy vest attire - black being the theme of Tessa's party. PJ even went to the trouble of painting his nails black too - bless him, such dedication! 🤮
Next day : hang over so SJ has the munchies eating a lot of Dana's cheese. If I were Dana, I would have been really pissed off by that. PJ is in what can only be described as beach bum "scruffs" and a man bun/SJ in an '80s Laura Ashley style strapless cotton dress. Were they even at the dinner table that night eating Dana's spectacular risotto? Again, 🤮
Next day, again both hung over, eating at the mall cafe, SJ is in a revolting red dress and PJ in the same clothes as the day before. OMG - yet again, 🤮
They made the Patreon video about the pond that day, all the while annoying every other person in that cafe because SJ was talking so loudly, edited it on their flight home - late Wednesday afternoon in time to upload that evening. Viola!
90% of the footage for Thursday (or was it Sunday?), night's video was pre-recorded because how could anybody have entirely cleared out that room, made banana bread/ice cream, moved the furniture and then sat down to dinner with guests at 7.30pm in near 40C heat? Certainly not SJ/PJ, that's for sure.
I did wonder about the cheeses etc that were brought back from Venice... is it acceptable to bring foodstuffs back from a different country?

Reactions: 8
This is exactly the reason why @Le Comte de Monte Cristo is saying that the royal dump needs a pool. There is nothing to do and certainly the chateau isn't coming up with entertainment.

If la Jarvis watched a few documentaries in English nobilties and their lavish parties at their country houses, she would know.
But that would mean work, the kind that requires actual paid staff, not that mismatched collection of misfits and miscreants!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I did wonder about the cheeses etc that were brought back from Venice... is it acceptable to bring foodstuffs back from a different country?
As long as it is within the eu, you can. Anything imported from outside the eu is forbidden

Reactions: 9
Anyone else catch this update from Marie? Now she wants to be a yacht chef? I think she’d crumble working for a captain. You don’t get to say no or argue with a captain and you have to get along with your coworkers.
Good luck to her, sounds like a plan. I do wonder if she had any certification for when she was working at the Shitoo?

Reactions: 5
View attachment 1360198

No words needed? Right. So much about this picture to unwrap. Snorts in his lacy black shirt, black painted fingernails. Alcoholic beverage in hand. SJ in her revealing lacy black dress, tits out, with her hand between Snorts’ legs…feeling what? But the worst is Snorts looking directly at the camera with that little tit eating grin on his face…thinking he’s smarter than everyone in the room…“Look what I’ve got.” Making memories. His departure can’t come too soon…hopefully he’ll just be a bad memory.
He looks very shiny...yeuk... I wouldn't want that sweaty head near me...someone give him a handkerchief please...

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
But that would mean work, the kind that requires actual paid staff, not that mismatched collection of misfits and miscreants!
I really can't understand her reluctance to work, hire staff for her B&B and try to do better, improve herself.

Why own acres of land and never take walk through it? If you like reading so much why dont you have a hammock in a quite place near the edge of the woods? Why hide in your own quarters and hate all people equally? She is odd!

Reactions: 18
Oh thank you so much! How nice of you. You're welcome! And of course, with you, all our Tattlers friends 💓 I'm not a professional cook in any way, but I've learned to cook with love for my children (all grown up now) and family and friends. I think love is the main ingredient,but not love for food or cooking, but for the ones you are preparing it for. Because you want to make them happy and stay healthy and look after them.
Once one of my daughters organized an important one week seminar for people coming from many parts of the world and I was requested to cook meals. I had never cooked for 15 people twice a day before and I wanted to keep it fresh, healthy, nourishing, aboundant and tasty and.... easy to digest!
It was a success! They even found a surname for me: Annapurna: the hindu goddess of nourishment! ahahaha. Well, I must say I don't know where I found the strength - and the gout - to do it, but I enjoyed every moment of it.
So, yes, you are all welcome at my table.

Food and love go hand in hand. There is no nourishing or joy in food if it is not prepared with love.

The whole process is important to me about cooking.
I grow a lot myself. I cook my own tomatoes.
Sometimes I bake sourdough bread. Not often, I need to watch my weight.
Choosing quality foods is just as important to me. The meat is from local farms, often from animals that live outside. I also buy milk on farms, cook it myself and store it in glass bottles, make yogurt and fresh cheese from fermented milk. I make apple cider vinegar myself.
I also collect herbs for syrups from which we make juice (elderberry, lemon balm and nettle). We produce our own sausages and dried meat (bacon, prosciutto). I pickle my own or purchased vegetables (peppers, cucumbers, cabbage). I also make jams that we like to eat (currants, apricots, rose hips). These are not large quantities, but enough for my small family. All these jobs require a lot of time and work. And everything is thick in the end.
We know exactly what we eat, where it comes from and how it is prepared.
And yes, I did not write all this to brag, but to affirm the importance of a healthy diet and love for those you want to feed.
Love is the key, not survival.
When traveling, we usually look for local restaurants with authentic cuisine.
If I want to cook a dish that is not from our environment, I thoroughly study the recipes. So I reviewed dozens of videos and read dozens of recipes for pasta ala Carbonara or Hungarian Doboš cake.
I have always been repulsed by people who eat just to eat, without attaching importance to food or appreciating the effort of the chef.
For the above reasons, I don’t know why I would watch Dana Cooking with Frozen Groceries from the Supermarket. Waste of time.

On Repeat said:
I want to stay at your place and experience your hospitality! I prepare fresh, abundant food and obviously Asian inspired recipes. You, my friend, are an inspiration. I would starve at the shiteau. The small restuarant which @billybud has sussed out would be the only place I could eat. I am not a food snob, just a home cook, but I do know about nutrition, taste and freshness of product - everything lacking in the shiteau kitchen.

I would also starve at the shiteau.

I

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Just checking in to see what's happening. I must admit I find it very difficult to watch LL CD and Dan's vlogs since I stopped being a patron of both earlier this year. The interest and I dare say fun that attracted me to their content a couple of years ago has been choked to death. Renovations at the Chateau have either stopped or being carried out in secret for the benefit of Channel 4. I much prefer the Fleuries content and have started to watch Chateau Beau. There must be a day of reckoning in the absence of little or no tangible renovations. If I was raking in that amount of money each month I'd have a squad of workers going flat out in case the goose stops laying those golden eggs. It's going to end in tears.

Reactions: 23
I personally think PhiPhi is a paid for lady in waiting. Stephie needs this kind of “wait on me” attention 24/7. Lost dog that he is, wandering around, now on a new adventure with his shop of crap. He’s there to fawn all over her, & in return he does everything she says very rarely standing in her way. Cuz, Nutti and Dan don’t say a word, they just “live” with the situation. Every video is wearing thin, directionless, mindless. We all know her so well now, she’s predictable & we’re bored. Bring on Isabelle & Percy. At least their arrival will add some spice. Stephie crawling 50, & Phi Phi out of pull-ups, going through his tweens. They live for their 15 minutes of fame on Channel 4. Wonder when they’ll begin their romp to create the Advent vlogs. . . . . .and who is dusting the $6000 vase? We’d have more fun watching Snorts have a good-bye tantrum, smashing that thing and storming out the unlocked door. Think on that Stephie. . . . .you are stale as old bread now, darling.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.