The Chateau Diaries #154 Everything they do is waste - everything worthy is wasted on them

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congratulations @Clara Burnett for naming the thread and @The Cheshire Cat & @Iolair for nominating it.

So last time on The Stephanie Jarvis Comedy Show:
- Stephanie manages to Marie Kondo the same attic space, previously cleared.
- She went to Venice for two days and committed a lot of faux pas.
- Now she's showing off her Frankenstein-ish interior to the nobility and previous owner of her derelict farm house.
- 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡

Most Liked Posts from the previous thread:

KiKiGee

VIP Member

Yesterday at 3:46 PM
Tea with lemon said:
It's so sad. Maybe I'll take my time and read the Maries blog.
I'll save you some time.
Fast forward, this week's IG bio:

1655559577247.png

@mariewiik1
Currently trying to figure out what to do with my life. 🧡 31 & Scandinavian Florist turned Instagrammer @mariewiiksdiary
www.patreon.com/mariewiiksdiary?fan_landing=true

👇This Account is Private.

1655559643692.png

@mariewiiksdiary
  • 172 posts
  • 39 followers
  • 109 following
Marie Wiik | the full story
Behind the scenes of @mariewiik1
Diary video’s sharing my life with you all.
Access via Patreon subscription
www.patreon.com/mariewiiksdiary

👇This from her patreon account.

1655559643692.png

Marie Wiik’s Diary
are creating short videos on Instagram!

She has 113 patrons, paying her monthly but only 39 followers on IG???

Loire Valley said:
I remember the shitolaine saying that she had only 2 bad experiences with work away volunteers and had to ask them to leave. I’m wondering what the problem was? 🤔 may be they just didn’t want to do the work that she asked them to do which is NOT renovating or restauration or ‘special favours’
Do not forget Kelsey.

1655559410658.png

1655559472649.png

1655559494614.png

1655559521468.png

@wherekelseyis
9 months ago
I was EXPLOITED! July 29, 2016: Tons of great reviews should mean it’s safe, right? WRONG! I was told I could paint and decorate before I arrived. On the way “yea, just tell us what you want to do”. But, no. I had to do the laundry for 17 turning BnB bedrooms and cleaning each room/en suite bathroom. Plus, all the breakfast/lunch dishes for 15-30 ppl. They kept promising me “oh after tomorrow” etc. You’re supposed to work 4-5 hrs/day with 2 days off/wk. But, I was always pushed to do more by her lieutenant mother. “The bedding on the line is dry” at 7pm, after working since 10am. I didn’t get any days off either. Yet, three British guy helpers could paint the barn from 9-12 and then go frolicking during afternoons, even using the host’s car. Despite the host’s daily trips to town, it took a week to get a card when my great uncle died. Looking back, idk how I even managed to stay the whole two weeks. Maybe it was the false promises of decorating/painting another day. Maybe it was the vivacious and entertaining host who threw costume dinner parties, karaoke nights, and once or twice took some of us on mini excursions to a winery and festival. I wanted to leave soon after I arrived, but I felt a responsibility to my word. I was naive. They had a helper come to cook for everyone, but she was nasty. It didn’t matter, they needed her because they were short staffed. I wish I had left early. That was when I learned to look out for myself. I’m embarrassed by the amount of hours they made me work. I was exploited. It’s humiliating. This host now has a massive following from being on a television show, and I’m sure, totally unaware of being exploitive because as she said “why complain if people are willing to come work for free”. They claim they don’t have the funds to run the chateau, but she also can travel to 5 star hotels, own plethoras of designer clothes and shoes, all while still owning a flat in London! #priorites #workaway #helpx #workexchange #cultureexchange #frenchchateau #chateaudiy #escapetothechateau #escapetothechateaudiy #travelstories #travelingsolo #liveandlearn #lifelessons #exploited #workawayadventure #chateaudelalande

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions:You, Stroppy, howlingwolf and 67 others

Clara Burnett

VIP Member

Thursday at 10:30 AM
Ain't it funny when Stephanie Jarvis rents part of the Venetiann Palazzo Loredan dell'Ambasciatore for two hours to pretend having a masked ball there it is supposed to be the event of the year, but when her bff's mother actually rents the whole place for a whole week to please her spoiled brad daughter Tess (who turned 40 but still acts as if she's 18) it's only worth "a quick visit". No, Stephanie and her Lap-squirrel were not invited to stay at the palazzo (that's for real friends) and were only asked to come by for the party. She was also told to leave the pink camera at home. Nice try indeed!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions:You, RWChatter, Shari Holloway and 57 others

Jules100

Chatty Member

Tuesday at 6:16 PM
I’m 39 posts away from VIP! Can I make it happen today?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions:You, lalablahblah, BabyBell21 and 54 others

@Jules100 You can do it, then #155 is for you to name 💪

Jules100

Chatty Member

Tuesday at 11:54 PM
We need a tattle pole, the results are 100% binding under international law.

-Steph snuck away to party in Venice with Tess 🤢

-Steph stayed home to clean 😡

• Sick
Reactions:You, jojonz, Petit Sange and 51 others

Le Baiseur

VIP Member

Wednesday at 4:14 PM
KyBourbon said:
I’m beginning to grow fond of the vase. I feel for the vase. 😆
The vase is on the spectrum. We shouldn't discuss it.

• Haha
Reactions:You, RWChatter, Petit Sange and 50 others

What will happen next on The Stephanie Jarvis Comedy Show?
- Will she show the accounts?
- Will she be sent to prison?
- Will we actually have a prison wedding?

As always lovely lurkers, newbies, oldies and returnées, the wiki is a gold mine of info, just no spoilers, LOL! Happy Tattling.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
In Belgium this weekend - Espalier Trees everywhere. I keep saying to the family where the fock is Davey???

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Checking Lady of the Chateau's Instagram this morning. They've been doing some light renovations, painting a bedroom and bath. She says it's in preparation for a "special guest". Who could that be?

1655636022594.png

1655636066750.png

1655636092621.png

Reactions: 20
Thank you @missartemis for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor.

Enthusiastic traveler
wrote a review May 2022
You take your changes by staying here if you're a fan of the YouTube or DIY content.

Review of Chateau de la Lande
Reviewed 3 weeks ago
I was both a YouTube follower and patron of the Chateau before traveling to France to stay there. I'm not anymore. I was treated like an inconvenience and an interloper. All I can say is DON'T GO. The volunteers were not paid to run the place so they had no reason to be accommodating and in some cases, they were outright rude. There was no heat in October and I was freezing - there is not a hot water bottle in existence that can keep you warm enough. They did not answer their landline and did not respond to WhatsApp when I needed important information. There was a skeleton staff of 2 people for the first 3 days of my visit so I was essentially alone in the gigantic edifice. It was eerily quiet and desolate. I was not greeted warmly but rather was grilled about my Pass Sanitaire - which I luckily secured before leaving the US. If I hadn't gotten one I would not have been able to stay there and they didn't even tell me I needed one. I was never thanked or acknowledged for my patronage and I was there for 8 days! The owner did not even take the time to talk to me for more than a few minutes much less make me feel welcome. And it needs to be said that the building is in dire need of basic repairs - It is much more "grubby" and run down then I was lead to believe and there is no safety compliance. The money being donated through Patreon is not being used to renovate but rather to decorate. There were no shutters on the windows of my apartment, no locks on the apartment door, and the cement spiral stairs had no railing. No one offered to help me get my luggage up the stairs and I am elderly and arthritic. I was basically ignored. The whole experience was a bitter disappointment. I know there are many others who have had the same experience and have not posted here but I wish they would. If you want to have an experience like the guests you see on YouTube you will be taking your chances - Don't say you weren't warned.
Show less
Date of stay: October 2021
Room tip: Don't rent the self-catering apartments...you'll be ignored and treated like an inconvenience.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 94
I'm almost hesitant to dip my toes into mayonnaise tattling but I was reminded of Dan's short-lived YT cheffy channel (7 episodes, just over 4,600 subscribers). Here he is, making aioli. Well presented, knew what he was doing, no faffing about. Pretty darnn good.

What a difference a year makes. In so many ways, and none of them good.

(I was also reminded of a CD vlog with the Chatelaine of Chaos skipping around the Lalande kitchen while extolling the virtues of the thermomix for making mayonnaise, something - apparently - she'd never mastered before. Absolute tosh and twaddle, of course: it's the simplest thing in the world to make "by hand" (although I do sometimes use either a liquidiser or an immersion stick blender!).

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
I don't know if we have already seen this and I just missed it - but back in November this lady posted a short extract video about Stephameme and trademarks, she was talking about selling goods with the chateau diaries trademark- potentially with a EU trademark

Trade Mark Session w Stephanie Jarvis @The Chateau Diaries - YouTube
It could have been such a nice sunday.. until the self proclaimed trademark queen popped up. She annoyed the hell out of anyone with all her tips about trademarks and she sent also books about that topic to lalande.

We try to avoid her as much as possible.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25

@M&MsMom
I've had the original blackberry jam cake recipe with the boiled caramel icing for like 40 years. Could never manage the icing -- always turned into burned hard crack I had to chisel out of the saucepan.
The cream cheese caramel icing really saved my bacon. Don't add the cream -- too runny -- just cream cheese, sugar, salt, salted caramel. People groan when they eat it.
One year (it's a special request birthday cake for a rellie) I actually sent away for foraged Kentucky black walnuts to make it, and Bella Viva's orgasmic white raisins. Good way to make a $60 cake, it was AWESOME.

And @T Rex, I'm really not a sweet tooth person -- but the piña colada pie just twangs my Caribbean roots string. You had me at "silky coconut custard", mama. Homemade pineapple jam, yes, please.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Thank you @missartemis for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor.
Room tip: Don't rent the self-catering apartments...you'll be ignored and treated like an inconvenience.
Room tip: Don't rent a B&B room either, you would have to eat arse bread and breakfast that has been prepared in a filthy kitchen. Health hazard !!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
I'm almost hesitant to dip my toes into mayonnaise tattling but I was reminded of Dan's short-lived YT cheffy channel (7 episodes, just over 4,600 subscribers). Here he is, making aioli. Well presented, knew what he was doing, no faffing about. Pretty darnn good.

What a difference a year makes. In so many ways, and none of them good.
I've always thought he's missed a trick with not using his cookery skills as part of his vlogs. Plus, if he was a wanting to keep the boys amused & have some dad bonding what better way than cooking with them. Even little kids can make some fairy cakes or a pizza.
I think even he's getting as bored making his vlogs now as his fan base must be having to watch them. Dear God please don't let there be a Dan & Dana cooking YouTube channel. I can feel my cheeks puffing up with vomit at that concept.
However, I have found someone who he might want to pair up with... 😃 😃
anirishmammysadventures

Brenda Gibbons
Hi, my name is Brenda, I am an Irish Mammy & Granny living in Donegal on the North West coast of Ireland. I love to cook & share my recipes.

Attachments

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
I don't know if we have already seen this and I just missed it - but back in November this lady posted a short extract video about Stephameme and trademarks, she was talking about selling goods with the chateau diaries trademark- potentially with a EU trademark

Trade Mark Session w Stephanie Jarvis @The Chateau Diaries - YouTube
What an utterly useless vlog! Weak advice that went nowhere, and was ignored by Jarvis, who went on the steal someone else's copyrighted artwork as their trademark logo.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Falling out over the flip flops discussion.
I've worn nothing but since I started working for myself aged 40.
In a previous incarnation, I named myself after a fancy flip flop.
Clearly, the fish shack is going to have to have some themed partays this boiling hot summer.
Knickers not optional, since we are anti Stephanie, after all. Flip flops not required, but if you know what's good for you....the knicker police will also be checking out your feet.
But fancy flip flops party, I think. The higher the platform, the closer to God. I'm thinking mini red hot chili pepper LED lights on mine. And glow in the dark rave toenail polish. And an ankle bracelet, perhaps Polynesian navigator style....
Crimes against humanity I have loved buffet, I think. @BlessingoftheHounds, you made me schnork the organic hibiscus tea, and not for the first time. My candidate, as always, my beloved lime jello salad, with pineapple, cottage cheese, and horseradish.
We may have to name a room -- or the drag queen starring in it -- Velveeta Rotel.
And a very speshul room in the back, with a password and a safe word, named Miracle Whip.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Clearly, the fish shack is going to have to have some themed partays this boiling hot summer.
Knickers not optional, since we are anti Stephanie, after all. Flip flops not required, but if you know what's good for you....the knicker police bouncer will be checking out your feet.
But fancy flip flops party, I think. The higher the platform, the closer to God. I'm thinking mini red hot chili pepper LED lights on mine. And glow in the dark rave toenail polish. And an ankle bracelet, perhaps Polynesian navigator style....
Crimes against humanity I have loved buffet, I think. @BlessingoftheHounds, you made me schnork the organic hibiscus tea, and not for the first time. My candidate, as always, my beloved lime jello salad, with pineapple, cottage cheese, and horseradish.
We may have to name a room -- or the drag queen starring in it -- Velveeta Rotel.
And a very speshul room in the back, with a password and a safe word, named Miracle Whip.
My dear, departed mother (known locally as the Southern Belle from Hell for her adherence to southern tradition) always said making mayonnaise was simply too easy to use store bought. However, if you were short on time Hellman’s would do in a pinch, but you would need to add a little lemon juice. She also made her picnic potatoes au gratin with Velveeta Rotel dip as the cheese sauce. Trashy, maybe, delicious definitely.😝

• Heart
Reactions: 13
And now you name yourself after Billy‘s budd?

Reactions: 2
I've always thought he's missed a trick with not using his cookery skills as part of his vlogs. Plus, if he was a wanting to keep the boys amused & have some dad bonding what better way than cooking with them. Even little kids can make some fairy cakes or a pizza.
I think even he's getting as bored making his vlogs now as his fan base must be having to watch them. Dear God please don't let there be a Dan & Dana cooking YouTube channel. I can feel my cheeks puffing up with vomit at that concept.
However, I have found someone who he might want to pair up with... 😃 😃
anirishmammysadventures

Brenda Gibbons
Hi, my name is Brenda, I am an Irish Mammy & Granny living in Donegal on the North West coast of Ireland. I love to cook & share my recipes.
Didn’t he do a vlog with Niki Positano about pizza or am I thinking of someone else?

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.