The Chateau Diaries #15 Grifters of a feather flock together

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Comment from last CD vlog, "Thoroughly enjoying watching this brilliant channel. Stephanie you’re going from strength to strength and you deserve all the blessings you are receiving" Is this some kind of trick? Is the Media Mogul writing these himself.
Or is it meant to be ironic ? No, probably not. Don't think the superfans have any sense at all...

BUT as Steffie discovered religion (as a tool to open the wallets of her fans, unfortunately praying doesn't fix leaking toilets ;)) here some references to the Holy Bible:

Romans 2:6
"God will repay each person according to what they have done.”

Amen

The seven plagues of Egypt Lalande:
leaking toilets
missing lakes
bats/peacocks pooing on cars/things stocked in outbuildings/attics
damp infested walls
freezing cold shat-o
"beasts" (dixit Selmar) within furniture - and perhaps food storage ?
crumbling ceilings

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
My observation from last night's vlog, much discussion with Marie about her flowers and what happens to them. SJ persuades Marie to put the flowers she is working on on the table for dinner that night. Then later..... lo and behold 'Marie is not joining us for dinner tonight'. I didn't notice whether the flowers were on the table or not but they, Nati, BBJ and SJ were absolutely revelling in the fact that there were only meat eaters at the table and had big fat steaks with chips, SJ being quick to point out that it is something they rarely eat. There is definitely something off with Marie atm, do you agree?

• Heart
Reactions: 17
God, the vlogs have become so boring. Apart from Stephanie, there isn't anyone with a strong enough personality to engage the viewer. And so little real conversation seems to take place apparently. It would be interesting to hear Selmar and Marie and Nati chatting about their respective home countries or past escapades and travels, but what is filmed is just flannel and fluff. Selmar at least is taking every opportunity to explore the region, but we never hear him talking with the others about his weekends away.

Not being well versed on hygiene requirements in France so I am asking. Is it ok to have "creatures" in a b&b? While traveling for work in NYC there was a cockroach in the sugar dispenser. The other people at the dinner said every restaurant in NYC has roaches. It's just life. So I was wondering if those things are overlooked in inspections because of the age of the building.
I don't think an inspector would've missed the "creatures" in there, do you? Not exactly inconspicuous, are they? :LOL:

Reactions: 4
Thank you so much Arthur. I've skin read it. I'll reread later. But so far I gathered SJ, Nick or Potty can't be in charge. But maybe mummy or Percy can? It can't be a personal residence or a for profit business. Btw being a charity would allow her to once again use workaways.
But have we found evidence that she has registered the property as a charity? Which surely would mean complicated set up of different aspects of the revenue stream? Meaning all expenditure under scrutiny as to which area it falls into - ie legitimate running costs of the building, personal expenditure, renovation costs, philanthropic donations etc? The workaway scheme wouldn't let her get away with running a business albeit with a charitable element to it without paying minimum wage surely?

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I read more fascinating stuff about Jumpsuit Jill and the crimes she and her family were convicted for. The link to the shat-o is noteworthy to say the least. Even if SJ isn’t as involved with her as it seems, and she can always claim ignorance as she usually does, what is JS doing in the world of “charity” donations again, so shortly after being convicted?

“To make the scheme work, the Scotts incorporated 8 fraudulent companies and 10 supposedly charitable, non-profit entities. In fact, none of the entities undertook any charitable purpose,” Richard Philp says.

“The family members registered companies for GST on the basis of property developments, claimed GST refunds on property purchases and fictitious expenses, which then provided a basis for claimed losses to be offset against their incomes.”

“Some of the properties were never even purchased, and the ‘property development’ amounted to no more than wall papering, while they and family members lived in the properties.”

“The family members also used the companies and charitable entities to circulate funds through a ‘merry-go-round’ of transactions to give the appearance of genuine charitable donations. They then falsely claimed charitable donation rebates providing each other with receipts and thank you letters.”

It all sounds and looks pretty familiar, doesn't it?

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
God, the vlogs have become so boring. Apart from Stephanie, there isn't anyone with a strong enough personality to engage the viewer. And so little real conversation seems to take place apparently. It would be interesting to hear Selmar and Marie and Nati chatting about their respective home countries or past escapades and travels, but what is filmed is just flannel and fluff. Selmar at least is taking every opportunity to explore the region, but we never hear him talking with the others about his weekends away.
Oh I think we should ask so much more of them than that. Perhaps SJ could start the ball rolling with 'my first job was'..

• Haha
Why did Mandy leave so quick .... no I will rephrase that .... why did Mandy bother returning to lalaland? She travelled (during a worldwide - including Europe) Pandemic to spend 7 - 10 days there!?!? Did she go just to grab her share of the after Christmas gifts that she obviously saw Nati stashing away before she went home for Christmas? Bizarre!
Question is why did SJ leave for Honfleur when Mandy came just for a week?

I read more fascinating stuff about Jumpsuit Jill and the crimes she and her family were convicted for. The link to the shat-o is noteworthy to say the least. Even if SJ isn’t as involved with her as it seems, and she can always claim ignorance as she usually does, what is JS doing in the word of “charity” donations again, so shortly after being convicted?

“To make the scheme work, the Scotts incorporated 8 fraudulent companies and 10 supposedly charitable, non-profit entities. In fact, none of the entities undertook any charitable purpose,” Richard Philp says.

“The family members registered companies for GST on the basis of property developments, claimed GST refunds on property purchases and fictitious expenses, which then provided a basis for claimed losses to be offset against their incomes.”

“Some of the properties were never even purchased, and the ‘property development’ amounted to no more than wall papering, while they and family members lived in the properties.”

“The family members also used the companies and charitable entities to circulate funds through a ‘merry-go-round’ of transactions to give the appearance of genuine charitable donations. They then falsely claimed charitable donation rebates providing each other with receipts and thank you letters.”

Now the question is can we get access to info on who SJ is using for an accountant. If it is Jumpsuit Jill how to report that to authorities. Because no reputable nonprofit has a felon for an accountant.

I found myself watching Sadie and Dan's videos for research purposes. Jesus. Apart from the mind-numbingly boring content of Sadie's video, I at least learned from Dan that Larousse is French for dictionary...

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Now the question is can we get access to info on who SJ is using for an accountant. If it is Jumpsuit Jill how to report that to authorities. Because no reputable nonprofit has a felon for an accountant.
Shush..I always think children need to learn by their mistakes.. :ROFLMAO: :cool: :ROFLMAO: :cool:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I don't know. I doubt she'd be that stupid though, having JJS as her accountant. But it seems reasonable to assume JJS has taught her some tricks. A yellow dress comes to mind....

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
I read more fascinating stuff about Jumpsuit Jill and the crimes she and her family were convicted for. The link to the shat-o is noteworthy to say the least. Even if SJ isn’t as involved with her as it seems, and she can always claim ignorance as she usually does, what is JS doing in the word of “charity” donations again, so shortly after being convicted?

OMG, I would never use my real name on Internet again after doing something like this. Only explanation is that somebody even more evil with a worse criminal history chose Jill Scott as Avatar and fake name.
Sorry, Jill, somebody stole your identy! Lock your credit cards! 😜

• Haha
I think Mandy was just at the chateau to film and edit some more of the cadeau vlogs, so there are a few in the can. She and Nati seem friendly and would have been company whilst the others were away.

OMG, I would never use my real name on Internet again after doing something like this. Only explanation is that somebody even more evil with a worse criminal history chose Jill Scott as Avatar and fake name.
Sorry, Jill, somebody stole your identy! Lock your credit cards! 😜
We can have the whole discussion all over again, about them being narcs and all, but when you know no shame you don't fear recognition but seek admiration for your "skills". Another resemblance between JSJ and SJ?

Reactions: 5
By the way, we are overdue another Donegal clanger aren't we? DB is suspiciously quiet....

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Oh I think we should ask so much more of them than that. Perhaps SJ could start the ball rolling with 'my first job was'..
I actually don't want to see a volunteer at all? When did they ever contribute other than to be made fun of? They all are sure nice people but not superstars.
I want to see for example the garden done, before/after pictures , but not necessarily the gardener. I don't need to meet his wife and kids and even see his house. The chanel is about chateau and not random peoples life.

I give her spring/summer to finally finish the goals from Patreon and once this pandemic nightmare is over I won't have time to waste time anymore

I have a theory on the mysterious water situation. Perhaps, fed up with SJ and Philip and their weekend shenanigans, Marie got up in the night and dumped buckets of flower water all over the floor. It was a passive-aggressive fit of rage.
Makes more sense to me😂

I have a theory on the mysterious water situation. Perhaps, fed up with SJ and Philip and their weekend shenanigans, Marie got up in the night and dumped buckets of flower water all over the floor. It was a passive-aggressive fit of rage.
Makes more sense to me😂

My observation from last night's vlog, much discussion with Marie about her flowers and what happens to them. SJ persuades Marie to put the flowers she is working on on the table for dinner that night. Then later..... lo and behold 'Marie is not joining us for dinner tonight'. I didn't notice whether the flowers were on the table or not but they, Nati, BBJ and SJ were absolutely revelling in the fact that there were only meat eaters at the table and had big fat steaks with chips, SJ being quick to point out that it is something they rarely eat. There is definitely something off with Marie atm, do you agree?
she is just trying out this intermittent fasting and skipping dinner.😂 My guess is again a passive-aggressive thing: you have to cook for me but I won't eat it. Or the other way around:SJ declared since she is cooking there will be meat and so Marie skipped it. We will never know... It is becoming tiresome to speculate what they did, why they did it and why on earth SL does mention stuff at all or why she is leaving things in videos at all. Why would SJ think people care what and if they eat? I would rather watch her browsing for hooks for the shatters online and order them and unwrap them and FINALLY INSTALL THEM

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
further tarnishing her forever leaking toilet
Just pointing this out before somebody starts to have doubts about my real identity, this freaked me out too: I can write about her forever leaking toilet BEFORE she vlogs about it, yet on the actual same day?

Shush..I always think children need to learn by their mistakes.. :ROFLMAO: :cool: :ROFLMAO: :cool:
They do need to, but some never will. Just like some will never grow to be responsible adults.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Just pointing this out before somebody starts to have doubts about my real identity, this freaked me out too: I can write about her forever leaking toilet BEFORE she vlogs about it, yet on the actual same day?

They do need to, but some never will. Just like some will never grow to be responsible adults.
I know. I was meaning if we think/know they're reading Tattle then we need to stop giving them clues about how not to get into trouble!! I wonder if it is Natti who has been given the job of going through here to try to keep tabs on what needs to be mentioned in the next vlog. Maybe we should try writing it in Portuguese for her to make it easier. It's obvious from the recent vlog that the mention of the tight fisted owner not having adequate heating has filtered through into a comment about necessary low temperatures to preserve the building (yeah right)!!

• Haha
Has anyone ever seen To-The-Shato-Born Scrounger Jarvis actually doing anything that could be considered - even in the remotest sense of the word - as work? End of the thread? :LOL:

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.