The Chateau Diaries #15 Grifters of a feather flock together

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If that much water was in your house wouldn’t be worried? I would be even more worried if I couldn’t find it? They didn’t seem bothered, just get the carpet to dry in the winter sunshine ☀ I suppose if someone else was going to pay for it you wouldn’t give ******
I call bullshit on the toilet leaking at all.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Why did Mandy leave so quick .... no I will rephrase that .... why did Mandy bother returning to lalaland? She travelled (during a worldwide - including Europe) Pandemic to spend 7 - 10 days there!?!? Did she go just to grab her share of the after Christmas gifts that she obviously saw Nati stashing away before she went home for Christmas? Bizarre!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
"Sometimes the flushes don't pop up in the house" Meaning: "Sometimes I do not bother to check if I flushed the toilet properly. In my own bathroom." Too much pear cider maybe? Floating neurons didn't connect?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Just got done speed watching "Back to Lande!" What a contrast between arriving at the Flower Shat-o and La Lande. Flower Shat-o very inviting with warm lights, La Lande dark and grey-blue - rather foreboding. No renovations other than Selmar grinding away at the floor stones. Why the CEO 😂of La Lande is wasting time putting away the Christmas decorations instead of tending to business is beyond me. Couldn't Nati or PP done that job just as well? Meanwhile, raw wood floorboards are rotting away from water damage. It just gets better every time! The lack of continuity in some of the vlogs is very confusing. Marie's hair is still very blonde in this video, but on the Awful Adventure it was quite dark. I wonder what the French workmen think of everyone at the shat-o always filming everything. I can't imagine it leaves a very good impression.

Comment from last CD vlog, "Thoroughly enjoying watching this brilliant channel. Stephanie you’re going from strength to strength and you deserve all the blessings you are receiving" Is this some kind of trick? Is the Media Mogul writing these himself.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
I have a theory on the mysterious water situation. Perhaps, fed up with SJ and Philip and their weekend shenanigans, Marie got up in the night and dumped buckets of flower water all over the floor. It was a passive-aggressive fit of rage.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
The end !!

What do you call selfless management of an association?
Verified 04 avril 2019 - Directorate for Legal and Administrative Information (Prime Minister)

The selfless management of an association shall be established if all of the following conditions are met:
  • the officers shall volunteering or within the limits prescribed by law,
  • the association does not make any direct or indirect distribution of profit in any form,
  • members of the association and their right holders do not hold any share whatsoever in the assets (i.e. the assets of the association), with the exception of the right to take over contributions (where the statutes provide that members who have provided the association with a part of its assets may recover it at the end of a certain period or at the time of its dissolution).
If the association does not meet these conditions, its management is interested, and it is necessarily subject to the said taxes commercial (VAT, corporation tax and territorial economic contribution).

Please note : the fact that an association has unselfish management does not prevent it from employing employees.

Can a non-profit organization have a commercial activity?
Verified 01 janvier 2020 - Directorate for Legal and Administrative Information (Prime Minister)

Yes, a non-profit organization may conduct a business, on a regular or occasional basis. But this can have fiscal consequences.
Indeed, association act 1901 is a contract by which at least 2 persons, « pool their knowledge or activity for purposes other than sharing profits ».. This definition means that the approach of these persons must be disinterested and that an association is not guided by the search for profit.
As a result, an association under the 1901 law is not in principle subject to taxes owed by persons engaged in a commercial activity (in particular the VAT, corporate tax and territorial economic contribution).
The same applies to all not-for-profit organizations (NPOs) ::
  • Religious congregations
  • Associations of Alsace-Moselle
  • Recognized public utility foundations and corporate foundations
  • Trade unions
  • Endowment Fund
If an association decides to carry out a gainful activity, it may continue to be exempt from the said taxes commercial, if it satisfies all of the following conditions:
Some non-profit organizations may organize 6 charitable or support events per year for their exclusive benefit. The revenue obtained during these events is exempt from commercial taxes, whatever their amount. The organizations concerned are social, educational, cultural, sporting, social or philanthropic. The exemption applies to events which, using the generosity of the public, provide the organizer with exceptional financial resources. The events may include:
  • Balls, concerts, folk or variety shows,
  • Cinema or theater sessions,
  • Charitable or solidarity sales,
  • Exhibitions,
  • Kermesses, raffles, lotteries,
  • Sports entertainment,
If the income (except those obtained during charitable events) represents a preponderant share of the association's resources, it is subject to statement and taxation from 1to euro.
If the profit is marginal in the budget of the association, it is subject to statement and taxation beyond €72,000..
Thank you so much Arthur. I've skin read it. I'll reread later. But so far I gathered SJ, Nick or Potty can't be in charge. But maybe mummy or Percy can? It can't be a personal residence or a for profit business. Btw being a charity would allow her to once again use workaways.

Reactions: 4
Why did Mandy leave so quick .... no I will rephrase that .... why did Mandy bother returning to lalaland? She travelled (during a worldwide - including Europe) Pandemic to spend 7 - 10 days there!?!? Did she go just to grab her share of the after Christmas gifts that she obviously saw Nati stashing away before she went home for Christmas? Bizarre!
And all of the sycophants on YT saying how much they would miss her. On average she said about 1 word per episode. I really hope PP knows what he is doing in the editing room besides trolling for his OnlyFans page. Ahahahaha

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Someone knows how to play the kissing up game too... Must he make the same comment in each vlog?

3.png

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Spiro
Someone knows how to play the kissing up game too... Must he make the same comment in each vlog?

View attachment 416247
spero the man who don’t know how to wear a mask. Or who shows no care in the world.

Some of the American Patrons are waking up....
is that on patron videos? Surprised it’s not been deleted like every other grain of “negativity”

5k in social climbing will do that.
how much was the dress. Was there some value out against it. Like compared to his other dresses.

May she realises that trying to sort out Fanny's financial affairs are too big an ask for even her creative accountancy?

iI wonder if there are any working bathrooms at Trotter Towers. Both Shady and Crybaby look as though they need a good scrub!
I said similar about trotter Billy. Now you’ve said it maybe they just have a dirty look about them?

Reactions: 2
“They have digital peasants who pay tribute to cover the cost.”

im 💀 😂

most people go to the bathroom first thing when they get up. If only to have a quick face wash before one would start filming. And somehow she didn’t notice the wet floor or the sound of her poorly toilet.
Of course not. She spent the night in PP's room, you could hear the screams from here 🤣

Reactions: 3
So Mandy left all of the sudden? What happened there I thought she came back employed to edit the gift grab vids.
I don't get it either. She came all the way to La La to work with SJ, who then disappears with the media manager for 3 days. Now she goes back in lockdown in Germany.
Were Anna, Philip and childten checked for covid? SJ and Philip went into shops and bought clothing and paintings. Have they been retested? So Mandy returning to Germany having interacted with people who are not necessarily safe?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Fast Forward with Frances - for tattlers with better things to do than be on tattle all day 🤷‍♀️

Thread Gossip
  • Short back and forth over whether negative emoji reactions are directed at the tattler themselves OR the people/event/info the tattler references in their post
  • Some agree they have an affection for Stephanie or at least certain LaLanders but the shine has rubbed off.
  • Some assert they have seen through the shenanigans since day one.
Chateau Gossip
  • A new Chateau Diaries video was uploaded, the crew is back at LaLande but not before the lovely Le Fleur family gifted the crew with cider
  • Stephanie made sure to use the walk to the car to show us the floral pants Philip bought. Thanks Steph.
  • Mandy has left LaLande, thread consensus seems to be we are proud of her for coming back to get some free clothes, proud of her for having a real job to return to but confused as to why traveling back and forth across countries in the middle of a pandemic was "essential"
  • Everyone on the thread had to be administered anti-nausea meds after catching up on Loki Cleveland's predatory public live chats with Philip, who seems to be indulging them? Thread wondered if flirting with the patrons is encouraged and/or part of Philip's new job description
  • Stephanie's toilet leaked down into the salon, only a rug and a curtain were damaged. Even though they know it was from the toilet, it is still a mystery to LaLande how the leak occurred. Some on the thread think it was all faked.
  • Breaking News - the flushers on some of the chateau toilets 'stick' sometimes causing them to run and run and run until someone realizes the flusher is 'stuck'. Stephanie, maybe add "check flushers daily" to Philip's to do list?
  • Philip and Nati put the soaking wet rug on the grass, with nothing underneath it, so the sun could dry it. No word on whether or not the rug is still out there or if the sun actually dried it considering they put a wet rug on cold grass ... stay tuned.
  • Selmar is doing a great job on the tiles and seems to dip out of the Chateau orbit every weekend.
  • Peacock children are still at the chateau. The local fan was not able to catch them last time and are coming back to try again
  • Outside electric poles and wires are being taken down by the local electric company, not the Chateau's doing - modernization!
  • Marie writes she was furloughed last year, when before she had said she quit her job. She seems set on pivoting to wellness and mental health. Many agree she's struggling and being taken advantage of
  • Tattler wondered if Marie is collecting "unemployment" since she is furloughed which is why Stephanie cannot hire and pay Marie
  • Stephanie's closet is all tidy and neat now. She is working on a tiara shelf, naturally. We learned that the "custom couture gown" lives in the costume closet now which they "hardly ever go in" so it's "safe" there ...
  • Don't remember if this was yesterday or today, but tattlers discussed how gift recipients have to pay taxes on packages sent to them in France. Exact details are fuzzy (mojo's butler must have made my 🍸too strong) but consensus is we are all STILL sick of Cadeaux videos, many of us don't even attempt to stomach them anymore
  • Philip and Stephanie thrillingly :sleep: put away Christmas ornaments. Stephanie says she's following the Catholic church by putting the directions away on February 2nd ... except the vlog was posted ON February 2nd ... surely there is a logical explanation for why she would take the time to lie about say she is putting the decorations on a day she clearly is not putting them away on. Probably something to do with how tired and overworked she is.
  • Stephanie broke an ornament, Philip glued it back together. Like I said, thrilling.
  • TAXES - many tattler posts about taxes and French charity rules/regulations and notifying the authorities which I have to admit (don't hate me) absolutely make me go cross eyed so I cannot sum those up for you. I'm too preoccupied on whether or not they left a wet rug out all night in the middle of winter.
If you're using this to catch up you will see that you've quite literally missed everything and nothing at the same exact time. 🖤

• Heart
Reactions: 59
As for leakgate, my guess is that the lost lake has found its way back and was underneath the chateau all along!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I also muttered about Philip wanting to wear her clothes and next time underwear could go missing. It was an innocent comment and I felt justified in saying it.
After seeing the tight, shiny, floral pants PP was wearing , I think we all have an idea that he may have been wearing Fanny's frillies underneath! He's slowly morphing into his new look for 2021.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
LOTL's toilet leaked and flowed down into Nati's office, the kitchen, and other parts of the ground floor.
LOTL's toilet has always leaked and will always leak because she's too cheap to get it fixed. There has been many incidents with water poring down from her bathroom before, so it's safe to say that her surprised reaction and the whole 'mystery where it comes from' was an act. For years there was no electricity in that part of the shat-o, because of a short circuit after a leak. She 'could not find' an electrician capable enough to deal with that issue, read: wasn't willing to spend the money.

Does she not have insurance?
She does, but has no clue how that works. The fact that she doesn't call them might also have to do with knowing the mistake is on her (previously known problem).

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
Love that SJ thinks nothing of letting her toilet ‘run’ all night. She loves waste in absolutely any form.
Philip seems to be transitioning his wardrobe. In addition to wearing Stephanie’s coats and jumpers, he is now buying women’s pants. I could care less but methinks some of the elderly patrons and mummy wouldn’t feel that needs to be on video in addition to the Loki flirting.
It might also mean SJ's moving away from her initial target (elderly ladies) towards (elderly) gay couples and has instructed BJJ to start wheeling those in. There's plenty of money to be made there, you know, especially if a couple chose not to have children and both have serious jobs. It's quite a good match with her style anyway.

most people go to the bathroom first thing when they get up. If only to have a quick face wash before one would start filming. And somehow she didn’t notice the wet floor or the sound of her poorly toilet.
I've been in that room. Her bed is very close to the bathroom. If that toilet was running, she would have heard it when she ent to bed. But probably was too lazy to get up and fix it. Also: who cares about waste when you have such an influx of money.

Not being well versed on hygiene requirements in France so I am asking. Is it ok to have "creatures" in a b&b? While traveling for work in NYC there was a cockroach in the sugar dispenser. The other people at the dinner said every restaurant in NYC has roaches. It's just life. So I was wondering if those things are overlooked in inspections because of the age of the building.
Only in a fair world are there regular inspections, not in SJ's make belief LaLaLand.

If that much water was in your house wouldn’t be worried? I would be even more worried if I couldn’t find it? They didn’t seem bothered, just get the carpet to dry in the winter sunshine ☀ I suppose if someone else was going to pay for it you wouldn’t give ******
It's all a lie. If you'd read my friend's blog, who live so close to the shat-o, you would know it has been raining extensively for weeks now. What winter sunshine?

Oh, it leaks, believe me. And structural. They have the cheapest toilets available, that will start leaking within days after installation, but still have no clue what's wrong?

I wonder what the French workmen think of everyone at the shat-o always filming everything. I can't imagine it leaves a very good impression.
Great question. If you combine that with the knowledge that French workmen like to have extended lunches with, yes, alcoholic beverages, wouldn't it be just paaaaahfect to be a fly on the wall there?

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
Another objective observation after yesterdays vlog: SJ no longer links to MPK's "doing-it-ourselves" masterpieces, but instead favours the Le Fleur channel of her new best friends A&P. There you have it, Trotterboy, the writing's been on the wall for a while, but you chose to look the other way. Your loyalty might be admirable, but is rather misguided, wouldn't you say?

• Wow
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.