The Chateau Diaries #15 Grifters of a feather flock together

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Mummy must pull her hair out. But then she raised her. How those administrative qualities her parents must have had to start and run a care center, didn't pass on to her, is a mystery. All I know is that if she were truly interested in preserving the building for future generations she wouldn't make half the decisions she's making. 100 years from now all that may be left is that lake with the odd scrap of fortuni fabric caught in a branch in the trees.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Very true. And also a valid question would be: the two boys that are actually in business with her know this and are very much involved in the decision making, why are they not all over her for her failure to fulfill obligations and finish even a simple task?
Yeah the two guys who should have some say in how things are run crossed my mind. More evidence to NOT GIVE to this charade. The Patreon video here where Potts only had two words to say - tandoori oven. Come on, nothing else to say about any plans and how they should happen? This place is his pet toy too.

How those administrative qualities her parents must have had to start and run a care center, didn't pass on to her, is a mystery.
Maybe consider the things she has shared with us. Sounds like a lot of escapism and dreaming since childhood. Continues today. Always looking elsewhere for the next thing and avoiding facing what's in front of you that needs dealing with.

Reactions: 14
Yeah the two guys who should have some say in how things are run crossed my mind. More evidence to NOT GIVE to this charade. The Patreon video here where Potts only had two words to say - tandoori oven. Come on, nothing else to say about any plans and how they should happen? This place is his pet toy too.

Maybe consider the things she has shared with us. Sounds like a lot of escapism and dreaming since childhood. Continues today. Always looking elsewhere for the next thing and avoiding facing what's in front of you that needs dealing with.
He's too busy traveling every weekend to spend his own funds on his vacation home. Why spend your own funds when you can e-beg.

Reactions: 6
Oh, they are so very much involved with everything though. SJ doesn't even farts without having a conference call with them about it. Of course the place is their pet toy too. They used to pay for it though, but since they have their marital obligations elsewhere now, they obviously are fine with the money coming in through the grifting. Gives them a chance to bring their spouses without having to justify themselves. One big happy family of LaLanders, remember?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
As for the "Loony Americans" you speak of...those are baby boomers. Maybe even Gen X. Any American Generation after that, could care less about some old lady playing dress up in her castle. One skip thru Instagram would show you they are more into simple design and homesteading. Their attitude is much like Cat's. So her folly has a sell by date. She should get it together and figure out how to support that place without patrons. Fast.

Reactions: 6
Always looking elsewhere for the next thing and avoiding facing what's in front of you that needs dealing with.
But if begging is what's in front of her, she's never too tired.

She should get it together and figure out how to support that place without patrons. Fast.
No need. She already knows where she will end up, because promises and arrangements have been made: The Elusive is buying her a palace to be old and gray in. Somewhere in India. True story (Well, that's what SJ believes)!

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Can I just say, and I know I still call them my friends here, but what's up with all the gay guys? I totally get the velvet rage, I get MPK's obsession for SJ, but does he really have to show off his version of her Nordic Weirdo? When does 'been there' actually become 'done that'?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I've read his entire blog. You can see my past comments about it. It's lovely and so is his vision, but he seems depressed and things are falling apart. Not a whole lot of progress has been made and he often posts from bed. They don't really have the skills to fix things, but the to-do list is growing, and I gathered that from him literally saying they don't yet have the skills or money to fix crumbling walls, etc. Then there's that undercurrent of neighbor shade. I read the whole thing through a filter of their past at Lalande and I'm guessing that like Michael Petherick, they should stop griping about the past that hurt them, and make it happen for themselves. The puppy is a not a charity rescue, that is for sure. Gorgeous dog.

They should team up with these dudes.
I don’t understand a word of French but I muted the sound and it was enjoyable. I subscribed to their channel. I just have a question....why would anyone in their right mind fill in such a beautiful old bread oven?????....(that IS a bread oven, right?)..I wish I had one like that!!!

lalablahblah Postmm3815390
And we should not forget the infamous Eric Gill.
Who is Eric Gill??????

Reactions: 2
I don’t understand a word of French but I muted the sound and it was enjoyable. I subscribed to their channel. I just have a question....why would anyone in their right mind fill in such a beautiful old bread oven?????....(that IS a bread oven, right?)..I wish I had one like that!!!

Who is Eric Gill??????
An English artist. You can check some of his work out on Google.

Reactions: 3
No, he said he's going to plant tomatoes (if he said "tomatoes" once he said 100 times!!!...I love me a British accent but if I had heard him say TOMAHTOES one more time...!!!!!!) and a few other veggies...I guess so he can make more chutney...I must not have ever had chutney before because that stuff didn't look very appetizing to me.....
Let's call the whole thing off!🍅🥔🤦🏽

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Somewhere in India. True story (Well, that's what SJ believes)!
Bwa ha ha. That's hilarious. I'm very familiar with India. Very.

This India bit says a lot and makes my opinion of her go even lower. I can see reasons behind that dream.

I don't even know what to say. That could be the paahhhrrrfekkkt plan for SJ.

But. Climate change is the wild card. If predictions for India come true even within our lifetimes, I would not be looking to India for decades in the future when you are white and rich and also old and vulnerable. Taking without mixing and giving. Money and charm can help but more practical survival skills might be needed. India can be generous but there's a flip side to every coin and generosity demands reciprocation and obligations. My prediction is that India in 30-35 years will not be a place for SJ. Everyone is expecting the future to be like it is today. It will not be.

Word is places like Vermont and Maine will be good. Maybe Mason is a better bet to grow old with. Bring sunglasses. LOL.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Bwa ha ha. That's hilarious. I'm very familiar with India. Very.

This India bit says a lot and makes my opinion of her go even lower. I can see reasons behind that dream.

I don't even know what to say. That could be the paahhhrrrfekkkt plan for SJ.

But. Climate change is the wild card. If predictions for India come true even within our lifetimes, I would not be looking to India for decades in the future when you are white and rich and also old and vulnerable. Taking without mixing and giving. Money and charm can help but more practical survival skills might be needed. India can be generous but there's a flip side to every coin and generosity demands reciprocation and obligations. My prediction is that India in 30-35 years will not be a place for SJ. Everyone is expecting the future to be like it is today. It will not be.

Word is places like Vermont and Maine will be good. Maybe Mason is a better bet to grow old with. Bring sunglasses. LOL.
Why on earth would she choose India? She stands to inherit a house in her hometown and one in SA if she gets bored of playing dress up in France.

Reactions: 4
Very true. And also a valid question would be: the two boys that are actually in business with her know this and are very much involved in the decision making, why are they not all over her for her failure to fulfill obligations and finish even a simple task? The only answer I can come up with is that it's not a business after all, but a pet toy for the girl they both are still deeply attached too (if not full on in love with). Now that they both have found love elsewhere, they can't afford to spend a dime on her anymore, hence the e-Begging galore.
Spot on!

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.