The Chateau Diaries #137 Fraudie Fannie finagles finances from foolish fading female fanatics!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you! It couldn't have been said better, and thank you for expanding some points, especially the ones about the whole family being detached and self-absorbed. And allegedly that was the message Stephanie got from her parents, hence what we see. I may add that her acritical attachment to these paintings and to everything daddy's could be her attempt to save her father-figure, although in a childish way and who could blame her? If that was how she was brought up and she hasn't a strong personality of her own, she was crushed and stuck in the fairy world she thinks will protect her. That's how a narc is generated. Which doesn't of course absolve her from being a grabber, a con artist, an expoliter etc. She's big enough to address her issues and how they affect her life and others' lives.
I recently watched Percy and Scotman's Patreon interviews, never seen them previously. Thank you Tattle Life.
Both very telling because although SJ was supposed to be interviewing them, she talked about herself for at least 50% of the time. Defo a N-tell! And from my personal experience, Ns are very insecure deep down so they absolutely adore talking about themselves in order to gauge the response from others, especially being able to identify empaths who they can manipulate/use.
For the record I have thought for a very long time, that SJ is defo seeking some kind of a TV presenter role and that's why she continues with CDIY for the exposure, especially as there is no income involved - just why would you otherwise?
BUT talking about yourself as a professional TV presenter/interviewer, is 100% a "no-no", anybody with knowledge within the media world would know that.
Anyways, Scotsman said that as a late teenager SJ was exceptionally shy and would shut down in company - really - whatever! He was 100% her emotional crutch throughout her formative years, which seems extremely odd given his own upbringing/background but basically because her parents were both far too busy to be concerned for her welfare other than that she had to excel no matter what, perhaps? So he took up the slack and was her brotherly carer/protector, her parents sighing with relief.
Whereas, these days, she seems to have morphed into someone completely different "fake it, till you make it", springs to my mind. Even more so since IJ became involved with Percy and YT saved her chateau!
When I first came across SJ via CDIY, I viewed her as a rather humble, hard working and defo henpecked by the acid tongued IJ. I actually felt rather sorry for her without really knowing the back story at that stage. Well, not today.
During Percy's interview, she spoke at length about how her mother is not an easy woman to have around basically because she is just so demanding/controlling/critical (I agree), especially of SJ, which must go as far back to SJ's birth as it is widely known here that IJ was never really interested in having children. Much like her daughter today - funny that!
I also feel that IJ/Percy are her go to people in connection with advice regarding future investment area with regard to the Shitoo - both have run very successful businesses in the past. I bet she is on the pink phone constantly to them.
As in, they have advised her not to concentrate too much internally on any real restoration of the Shitoo, just patch it up. Get the newly created self contained apartments up and running asap because they will be the future long term earners and much less work involved as opposed to the B&B, simply because they are self contained, basically, gites.
And, I also feel, that as much as SJ is currently promising certain Shitoo individuals their own apartments, if and when, it becomes as plain as the nose on her face that renting those out makes more financial sense to her, then that is exactly what will 100% happen, regardless of what she had previously promised them.
The facade/gardens/chapel is also now worth concentrating on because the finished photos of such will be what will attract/guarantee future occupancy and then SJ can then just sit back as she ages and be the Chateline of LaLaLand whenever it suits her to throw the occasional "costume" party but also travel whenever to her heart's content. Simples!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Steve and Sara are awkward ducks out of water, who lack originality, have marginal taste and who are overly eager to fit in. They don’t appear comfortable on camera and don’t bring anything new to the chateauverse. By all means make a new life in France, settle into the community, build your home and b&b business, but I hope they aren’t banking on YT being their big money earner. My guess is they will have packed up and left France in 5 years.
I think that if they are still doing work online that they would try to stick it out BUT the cost of heating and taxes for their chateau will surely do them in, perhaps even before 5 years UNLESS they live like Stephanie wearing 5 layers of sweaters and hot water bottles strapped to them. Canadians love warmth in the winter, we have well heated homes, I can see them missing that.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Kirsty seems to be the new Dan: nothing bad can be said about her because she is so nice. I agree, she is nice, but loving her work at the shittoo is not going to make her happy in the long run, as it will involve more shenanigans with Stephanie Jarvis. Look at where it got Dan. I hope she can stay out of it, but fear she will be tainted as well.
But Dan wanted to be a youtube star all along.Hopefully Kirsty doesn't care about becoming the next Casey Neistat...

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Thinking who may be at HMN for Easter, I wondered if Davy may actually be a surname. So with a couple of clicks I may have located our man of mystery. Not sure if this qualifies as an Easter miracle, but check this out.
Great investigative work @Lady Avonlea. Could v.v. well be our Davy as I have always said that he is a garden architect within an urban setting. Fine, if that may be his forte. And, he did mention a while back in one of the earlier vlogs that within the area of the Shitoo's grounds there could be built xxx so many houses etc given current Belgian's footage guidelines for new builds.
IMHO, his style/choice of planting for the HMN is very much urban or, something along the lines of a what would be planted in new developments within car parks of shopping malls/retail parks - resilient, again low maintenance and no real scented plants.
Certainly, not great choices if you are intending to plant a bloody English Garden in France or, as the case now may be, a Forest Garden. WTF really knows???? :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 4
Without a doubt she gets paid for them!!
The DIY show does not pay anyone to be in the show, but Fanny’s Patreons are definitely funding any work she films with them. Likely any other chateau owners that have Patreon too, unless they are more organized and have budgeted better than her 😉

Reactions: 11
Scratch Julia Leach and partner Caroline off the guest list...
theladyofthechateau

Our first Chateau Emergency 🚨😵💫

Our gardener, who has been at Puy Vidal for 20 years, sighted the first couple of caterpillars 🐛🐛🐛heralding the arrival boxwood blight on Easter morning!!!!! This springtime emergency had apparently happened several times before on Easter. Unfortunately, our treatment of the labyrinth prevented us from attending the legendary Chateau de Lalande Easter Egg hunt 😭

However, cheers to new experiences and to being officially baptized as new Chateau owners by our first unexpected event in what will undoubtedly be many. We will make the best of it with a little Easter celebration here at home.

Best wishes to you all on this sunny and beautiful Easter Sunday 🍾🌼🏰🌈
2h
And it begins…

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I think that if they are still doing work online that they would try to stick it out BUT the cost of heating and taxes for their chateau will surely do them in, perhaps even before 5 years UNLESS they live like Stephanie wearing 5 layers of sweaters and hot water bottles strapped to them. Canadians love warmth in the winter, we have well heated homes, I can see them missing that.
Well, if their French Chateau dream doesn't work out then they could perhaps relocate to the wilds of Wales, the birthplace of Steve's ancestors and how he may have been able to gain EU nationality in the first instance - I'm not 100% sure? Which would have made more sense from the outset and in most instances, much cheaper than most properties in England/France. Wales today is considered rather trendy historically. :p

Scratch Julia Leach and partner Caroline off the guest list...
theladyofthechateau

Our first Chateau Emergency 🚨😵💫

Our gardener, who has been at Puy Vidal for 20 years, sighted the first couple of caterpillars 🐛🐛🐛heralding the arrival boxwood blight on Easter morning!!!!! This springtime emergency had apparently happened several times before on Easter. Unfortunately, our treatment of the labyrinth prevented us from attending the legendary Chateau de Lalande Easter Egg hunt 😭

However, cheers to new experiences and to being officially baptized as new Chateau owners by our first unexpected event in what will undoubtedly be many. We will make the best of it with a little Easter celebration here at home.

Best wishes to you all on this sunny and beautiful Easter Sunday 🍾🌼🏰🌈
2h
In the history of excuses this has to rank in the top 10 :ROFLMAO:
Sickness & Diarrhoea can’t leave the toilet
Car broke down and we are lost in a forest
Allergic to chocolate/sheep/children
Suffer from Paschaphobia fear of Easter. Triggered due to fear of Easter bunnies (leporiphobia) and/or holiness
Both had hair cuts yesterday & they went wrong.
Dog/cat/pig is sick
Thought Easter was next weekend
Washed clothes on wrong setting & all shrunk so nothing to wear
Long lost relatives have turned up from US & they are in wheelchairs so won’t be able to come

Caterpillars sighted 🐛🐛🐛- meaning arrival of boxwood blight - yey - that'll do!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
I would imagine that those attics are dreadful in the summer. If she doesn't have heat, she sure as heck won't get air conditioning!
I also think she wants more independent apartments so she does not have to do b & b easier for her. So one gardens are done she can keep getting rents without anyone in her farm house. People can tour gardens, she’ll have gift shop & im thinking a small cafe & bam no one in her wonky redone farm house

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Been meaning to ask.. what are your thoughts in regards to the Murdaugh family? I've been listening to the Murdaugh Murders podcast by Mandy Matney, its all there...murder, corruption, old family money. Not trying to derail...curious as to how local residents view the ongoing investigation.
Sadly, my grandfather left in the late 1800's. He did not return when he retired in 1925. "Too many ghosts," he said.
However, I can tell you what my snooty rellies remaining would say. They'd say, "Beaufort? Beaufort?" I've heard them do it. Because, well, you know. Anything outside Charleston is where the unwashed live.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Steve and Sara are awkward ducks out of water, who lack originality, have marginal taste and who are overly eager to fit in. They don’t appear comfortable on camera and don’t bring anything new to the chateauverse. By all means make a new life in France, settle into the community, build your home and b&b business, but I hope they aren’t banking on YT being their big money earner. My guess is they will have packed up and left France in 5 years.
Exacto. They're all about the cosplay and not about being there. Handing out business cards dressed in amateur-made literally cut-from-sleaze inappropriate Bridgerton costumes in San Marco. They envision workshops ("makers") because neither of them is artistic enough to make an artist's life alone. It's all branding. See his website, it's kind of chilling in a Mad Men way. Personal branding is what he was trying to sell Fanny with the peacock logo design he ganked from the wall paper. Using others' work without permission or credit is a trademark of his.

Attachments

• Sick
Reactions: 8
Carolina girl? Join the white trash cooking/redneck contingent at @T Rex fishin' shack?
I'm brooding about making these mock and cock tails from Carolina foraged bitters for the hoedown Sunday. I want about 10 pounds of asparagus, a devilled egg, and a boiled crab, I think.
Happy Easter/Passover/Ramadan! Break that fast!
Thanks for the warm welcome! Charlotte is home (along with all the red clay soil and inability to grow a proper rhododendron, even with yards of mulch spread each year to amend the soil), but weekends are spent on Hilton Head. My husband used to have the White Trash Cookbook until we moved to the south... some Junior Leaguer from Asheville who was in for a cocktail party spied it on the shelf and said it was tasteless (ya don't say?!). I have no patience for the humorless... He's from up nawth bless his heart, but a worthy southern cook. Easter is the start of barbecue season and the Big Green Egg is smoking up the neighborhood today and that would be western Carolina style with a vinegar base. Low Country Boil is also a staple, as are shrimp and grits. G+T season is upon us. No sweet tea though, we like our teeth right where they are.

Re: Daddy's paintings, I like the graphic two dimensional quality of many of them. I don't think every work of art has to have levels of meaning, I'm often drawn to the eye candy the color and pattern provide vs. layered storytelling, contextual clues and ponderous interpretation. Love that big art/heavy meaning/decoding the attributes of the flowers and colors/saints/gods/elements when I go to a museum, but for my walls? No thanks... I think they are bright and cheerful which is what I gravitate to when decorating my house. They have zero to do with her chateau decor, but if my daddy painted them and passed early, I'd want them around whether or not they matched. Though pulling back, there are SO many things wrong with that household that the oddly juxtaposed modern paintings are the least of them. If the cold and damp are as bad as reported, I would store them offsite to protect them from the vagaries of temperature and humidity. Whether oil or acrylic, they would be happier in a climate controlled environment. Or maybe they just need a nice water bottle... fill the kettle at once, Phillip!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
sj may not be getting paid by channel 4 however she is receiving a lot of free publicity for the chateau, which in turn will bring more viewers, subs, patreons, to her channel.. more dollars all around

Reactions: 9
Thanks for the warm welcome! Charlotte is home (along with all the red clay soil and inability to grow a proper rhododendron, even with yards of mulch spread each year to amend the soil), but weekends are spent on Hilton Head. My husband used to have the White Trash Cookbook until we moved to the south... some Junior Leaguer from Asheville who was in for a cocktail party spied it on the shelf and said it was tasteless (ya don't say?!). I have no patience for the humorless... He's from up nawth bless his heart, but a worthy southern cook. Easter is the start of barbecue season and the Big Green Egg is smoking up the neighborhood today and that would be western Carolina style with a vinegar base. Low Country Boil is also a staple, as are shrimp and grits. G+T season is upon us. No sweet tea though, we like our teeth right where they are.

Re: Daddy's paintings, I like the graphic two dimensional quality of many of them. I don't think every work of art has to have levels of meaning, I'm often drawn to the eye candy the color and pattern provide vs. layered storytelling, contextual clues and ponderous interpretation. Love that big art/heavy meaning/decoding the attributes of the flowers and colors/saints/gods/elements when I go to a museum, but for my walls? No thanks... I think they are bright and cheerful which is what I gravitate to when decorating my house. They have zero to do with her chateau decor, but if my daddy painted them and passed early, I'd want them around whether or not they matched. Though pulling back, there are SO many things wrong with that household that the oddly juxtaposed modern paintings are the least of them. If the cold and damp are as bad as reported, I would store them offsite to protect them from the vagaries of temperature and humidity. Whether oil or acrylic, they would be happier in a climate controlled environment. Or maybe they just need a nice water bottle... fill the kettle at once, Phillip!
Anybody vinegar-based is welcome here. Come on down!!!!
I am reminded of what Sen. Sam Ervin (D-NC) used to say of his home state: "A vale of humility between two mountains of conceit."
Here is a really thoughtful take on Mickler, if you haven't seen it, and the story of White Trash Cooking. I'd say he actually helped establish the new new South cooking trend, plus so much else, including folkways of that ancient north Florida Minorcan culture.

I like the Marimekko quality of Derek's paintings, too and would certainly have my Daddy's paintings in my shittoo. Fanny's idea that a shittoo is furnished with generations of tastes is right, and, I think, the received wisdom of interiors historians.
The one fortified farmhouse, like Lalande, I've found in France is properly restored by an architectural historian. Shots of his library at Chateau du Sailhant are very interesting, combining butch (and not femme) Renaissance or earlier furniture with model cars and telescopes, not to my taste but very coherent, well-researched, macho, and cool.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
This is NOT Davy de Lalande. Please be careful not to dox members of the public who have no connection to the shittoo.
The poster that shared said “may”.
I’m assuming that tattlers have better reading comprehension than Fanny’s super fans.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Just need to put this observation/question out there. BUT, does anybody else find that they use the F word, or the eye rolling smilie far more than they would in their own everyday life, when the HMN is involved? I know that I 100% certainly do. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
I also think she wants more independent apartments so she does not have to do b & b easier for her. So one gardens are done she can keep getting rents without anyone in her farm house. People can tour gardens, she’ll have gift shop & im thinking a small cafe & bam no one in her wonky redone farm house
I think the chambre d’hôte regulations only allow for five rooms, hence the need to create gites, the real impetus behind all these apartments.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.