Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

TJC

Hello all from a longtime lurker,

I am finally almost caught up, and since that will probably last about 27 minutes, I'm taking the opportunity to quickly introduce myself. I'm a 50-something wife and mom. I live in California (but use minimal emojis and have my own YT account!) Once upon a time I was a professional classical musician, and one of my many complaints about CD is the use of uncredited live and recorded music in the videos. I was so glad to see someone mention the (probably) unauthorized use of the Verona opera performance footage the other day. Fanny should know better, even if she never got around to using her musical training for much!

My 'finding Tattler' story is very typical ... heard about the 'hate site' on MPK's crying vlog, popped in and out a few times, gradually started lurking and loved the hilarious, articulate, right-on-point comments here, etc, etc. Such a relief that I wasn't the only one who objected to SJ's tacky gift-opening channel. While I do think she has natural charm and is capable of being a good interviewer, the fake life, creepy love and shrill laughter get old fast, and there's a ton of disturbing stuff behind the crumbling facade of both the alleged 'chateau' and its 'chatelaine'. I quit watching for a while until FRK left, and boycotted the shirtless cuz clickbait, but the last straw for me was the monkey poo episode. Whoever came up with that idea (the alleged YouTube manager?) went too far. I haven't watched CD since.

When I realized I was spending more time reading here than watching the flogs, I created an account so I could view attachments and react to comments. This is my first (and possibly only) post, as I may have to retreat back into lurkdom. But I hope I'll have the fortitude to make it through tattler probation. I haven't read every one of the threads, but I do make frequent and appreciative use of the Wiki button and search bar, so I at least promise not to ask stupid questions!

Deeply appreciate that we're all here for different reasons, and I have no agenda except continuing to enjoy the clever wordplay, creative video and photo work, and knowledgable perspectives on all things chateau-related. And of course the bonus content on gardening, beverage choices, heavy equipment safety and makeup tips! Hoping to eventually post enough to become a recognized member of the warm-hearted and supportive community here. Sincere thanks to all fifteen of you for many hours of enjoyable reading. This is the real 'life, love and laughter' site :)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 64

Clara Burnett

VIP Member

Today's patron video - so many things to shake your head at!
  • Antoine - poor child having to go for a stroll with Fanny - I'd call him in for dinner too
  • Infection - Fanny drinking throughout her stroll - Clara Burnett said Fanny drinks when on antibiotics
  • Wine - had ice in the wine glass - no chilled wine in the new fridges or have they drank it all already?
  • Bad back - Fanny wearing high healed boots to stroll around the grounds (does the woman not own a pair of trainers?)
  • Reading Soup Recipe from 1894 - boring
  • Soup - Fanny just had a spoonful of soup before heading out for her stroll- but time to pour a drink (no wonder her health is deteriorating)
  • Tools - chainsaw just left sitting on the ground (no respect for tools or safety)
  • Garden - 1,200 plants arriving next week - how much will that cost? And that's just the beginning! (Davy has to be getting a cut)
  • Garden Design - Fanny's been looking at Davy's garden designs for over a year and she's only just figured out the Jardain Anglaise is shaped as 2 semicircles???? The woman is an idiot!
  • Kim - has been ensnared to cook for Easter weekend - can't believe she enjoys this, but for some reason she keeps returning
  • Bookshelf - placing in the hallway is a fire hazard . Guests need clear egress so that won't impress the Fire Marshall.
  • Bookshelf - every wall at HMN has wallpaper, so based on Fanny's logic that bookcase won't fit anywhere - therefore SELL IT
  • Hoarding - Encyclopedia Britannica - time to take to the charity shop (and not sure they'll even take them)
Teaching Antoine some work ethics seems sensible and wise, but by allowing Stephanie Jarvis to use him once again for her flogs it actually shows the disgustingly low morals his parents have adopted. The Larkins should protect their son from exposure on the internet at his age, but instead they think it's a good idea to pair him with a person who has not worked once in her entire life and has the most distorted ideas about children and how to approach them. Shame on Nic and Marie, again.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 60

Le Baiseur

VIP Member
Does anyone with another identity on here not call out Caroline Gooder aka Stephanie Jarvis and tell her to shut the hell up. Fanny is blowing her cover there by constantly piping up to answer any negativity. As I said before the choice of alter ego 'Gooder' when Jarvis is anything but 'Good' eh? 🤣
Create a profile called "Carolyn Better" and take her to task.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
Lets talk about Selmar..i watched that high tea in the tower..it was all very akward..How old are these people...around 80? I think they are very lonely, and they want a nice soul around..nothing wrong with that..but i have an strange feeling about it all..i also have the idea they are in the same flow like Selmar...who goes to a high tea dressed up like a musketeer... :oops: have to say i like the couple..no mistake about that...and i wish them well..i only hope nobodies feelings gets hurt in the progress..

• Heart
Reactions: 49

Clara Burnett

VIP Member
Now forgive me because I should know this..& I have looked in Wiki (promise) - but despite racking my brains I cannot think if it has been established how Fanny is 'friends' with Kim. I've looked in Fanny's vlogs where she says '
The biggest Easter controversy here is – to Onesie or not to Onesie? There are two rival camps. The Onesie Camp is led by Michael Potts (one of my two co-chatelains), whilst the Anti-Onesies are led by Kim (an old friend of mine and one of the ‘original Easter’ members).' But who is she? Sorrrrreeeee 🤣 In my defence M'Lud I did have a Chateau/Tattle break for a year to save my sanity...🤣
As far as I know they are friends through Potty, who years and years ago was helping to manage a youth hostel in Grahamstown, South Africa. Kim did an exchange program at the university there for about six months, in which she stayed in this hostel where they became friends. He then later introduced her to Stephanie Jarvis.

Nic, Marie, Antoine, Amuary, Natti, Gerry, Fanny, Snorty - all MIA. So already 14 at the shiteau.
Oh, there are more but some of us don't want to be filmed :)

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 48

Patriciarella

VIP Member
AAB8E9E9-28D0-46CD-A970-3265AB781878.jpeg

If Annmarie can lift things and impress SJ, then I will try. This pinecone is too heavy and is pricking my oh so soft hands. SJ, Darling don’t hurt your back carrying OUR things, just tell the refugee to do it.
A10FDC7C-9506-4D4B-94CE-3C47E0F3652E.jpeg

If Dan can dig holes and make a muddy mess and that made SJ squeal, I will try. I hate getting dirt under my long fingernails. Hey Kirsten if you do this I will make you Head Gardner and you can use Antwon as your assistant.
BB6DAD21-481B-4ED7-B8DD-33B5BF5C9C7B.jpeg

If Ollie can paint for SJ then I will try. I’m sure when SJ is off her medication she will appreciate me more than all the old boyfriends that are at OUR chateau for Easter. Wait who is this guy in the kitchen?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
Thanks for sharing Wednesday's Patreon video!

If SJ's Patreon community were a board of directors who have actual power and SJ a CEO presenting a report, this presentation would be scrapped, and she would be fired! She should be grateful that her patrons pay her to be her friend so she can be real with/to them.
--
With no real work happening but monies keep streaming in, she must be having the time of her life wallowing in cash.
The work being done for her by her unsupervised gardeners, a Ukrainian refugee, and a 13-year-old boy is her saving grace at this point when it comes to vlog content. So, Thursday's vlog will be all about what Dan has already shown in his. ;)
--
Perhaps she thinks strolling around her garden with a glass of white wine in her hand makes her look like a classy aristocrat/socialite, when in fact she looks more like a social-climbing despondent alcoholic. :cautious: Last week, she made a Patreon video in bed. How unprofessional.

Come on, SJ! There is a thin line between being real and being rude, especially to people who pay you to be their friend.

cd361.png

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
Phillip has had films entered at the Cannes Film Festival and of course Anna was a successful designer at Balmain. Now she has long term plans to develop her wallpapers (which we've all seen her create by hand) and other home furnishings, as well as many other creative endeavors. Not to mention their lovely guest house which is being beautifully restored by real craftsmen. This dynamic couple are going places, with a Youtube chanel that's growing in leaps and bounds. All SJ and Squirrel do is scheme and wallow in their own squalor. The contrast is astounding.

• Heart
Reactions: 45

Lady Avonlea

VIP Member
So what did Stephanie Jarvis have to say to her Patreons last night?

Today's patron video - so many things to shake your head at!
  • Antoine - poor child having to go for a stroll with Fanny - I'd call him in for dinner too
  • Infection - Fanny drinking throughout her stroll - Clara Burnett said Fanny drinks when on antibiotics
  • Wine - had ice in the wine glass - no chilled wine in the new fridges or have they drank it all already?
  • Bad back - Fanny wearing high healed boots to stroll around the grounds (does the woman not own a pair of trainers?)
  • Reading Soup Recipe from 1894 - boring
  • Soup - Fanny just had a spoonful of soup before heading out for her stroll- but time to pour a drink (no wonder her health is deteriorating)
  • Tools - chainsaw just left sitting on the ground (no respect for tools or safety)
  • Garden - 1,200 plants arriving next week - how much will that cost? And that's just the beginning! (Davy has to be getting a cut)
  • Garden Design - Fanny's been looking at Davy's garden designs for over a year and she's only just figured out the Jardain Anglaise is shaped as 2 semicircles???? The woman is an idiot!
  • Kim - has been ensnared to cook for Easter weekend - can't believe she enjoys this, but for some reason she keeps returning
  • Bookshelf - placing in the hallway is a fire hazard . Guests need clear egress so that won't impress the Fire Marshall.
  • Bookshelf - every wall at HMN has wallpaper, so based on Fanny's logic that bookcase won't fit anywhere - therefore SELL IT
  • Hoarding - Encyclopedia Britannica - time to take to the charity shop (and not sure they'll even take them)

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 44

Clara Burnett

VIP Member
Kim - has been ensnared to cook for Easter weekend - can't believe she enjoys this, but for some reason she keeps returning
She's one of the older friends that has been around sporadically forever, trying to be one of Stephanie Jarvis closest friends, but always being surpassed by the new flavors of the month. I do admire her perseverance, especially since Stephanie Jarvis does not share the love and usually expresses her disgust when Kim announces she will be coming to the shittoo, pretending to enjoy her company when she arrives and the obligatory and compulsive fake love bombing starts. I have often wondered why someone intelligent like Kim continues to fall for the evil tactics of her con "friend", as she must be aware of the many victims the charlataine's behavior has constituted over time. Maybe she believes her time will eventually come, when Stephanie Jarvis has fallen from grace with her grannies and will become dependent again on Kim's pocketmoney...

She was off alcohol for three days last time she was on antibiotics, (Christmas 2020), then caved.
She said she was, there's an important difference. Also, Christmas 2020 was NOT the last time Stephanie Jarvis was on antibiotics.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 44

arwensgal1975

VIP Member
Will she respond or will I get deleted? LOL

lQSA3g_3lFA__-0fISw_PuLQ=s48-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg
caroline gooder
20 hours ago @Taunya Henderson Selmar shared with his Patrons only at first, but everyone else discussed it. Social media being what it is Selmar had to address it. Selmar is an independent contractor. Please stop discussing this per an HR employee situation. Thank you.

GDBgB8vxdtIiakcwPQXiAfU3=s48-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Arwen Gail
1 second ago
@caroline gooder Please STOP shoving your head up everyones arse Stephanie. My God you are so cringe.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43

Clara Burnett

VIP Member
If Kim is doing the cooking will she be awarded the big bunny???

View attachment 1193468

View attachment 1193469
I doubt she will be doing the cooking for the real event, as nobody really likes her "taste", to put it mildly. Despite her efforts, she makes the weirdest combinations and is usually only allowed to prepare some quiches for lunch on Easter Sunday. Nobody actually tells her this in person, obviously, it's all packed in Stephanie Jarvis' smoke and mirrors a.k.a. backstabbing malicious gossip. And she calls us the trolls: you can't make it up.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 43

Jules100

VIP Member
My identical cousin finally posted a trailer for her chateau discussion channel. She’s a bit nervous, but she has to start somewhere.

• Heart
Reactions: 42

Clara Burnett

VIP Member
When I think about possible male guests to Stephanie Jarvis' Easter party tonight, more precisely the ones she (already) has slept with, the Sungazer comes to mind quickly. And yes, he's in the area anyway, staying with Tess Hoffman and her mother. If she brings him tonight it will be an all the more merrier reunion, probably annoying the current mr. Jarvis who will not appreciate the attention.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow

ComtesseRose

VIP Member
Brava on the new thread @Marquis de Potpourri - I just woke up - and congratulations to the new VIPs @WMGL & @OhIDontKnow...

Another vlog of word salad, she said it was Wednesday, so maybe she was actually scrambling for content....
I wonder if Antoine's Mum is starting to see the light of having him less on the vlogs? 🤔
Also drinking wine on antibiotics and strolling around the grounds for bluebells - we are really scraping the bottom of the barrel. 😂
Still no Pinset Tailoring collaboration vlog... So she is well enough to post to the Patreons, but not to the other ungrateful unpaying peasants watchers.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow

missartemis

I am very interested in what an eyewitness of standing to judge has to say about Derek's art. Any and all perceptions welcome here. Clearly the seductive relationship they had is part of the madness -- and part of Isabelle's madness.
I found it: This was a comment I posted on the Patreon account in June 2020 - it was made to SJ, not Isabelle. " I spent quite a while staring at your dad's painting this morning. The figure in the center is pregnant and holding a chess pawn, and the same face is superimposed on a chess pawn. I imagined that your "mummy" had a conversation with your dad about feeling that life is a game and women play the part of pawns holding up and supporting the knight- the expression on the face is not very revealing, so it's almost like a tabula rasa on which the viewer can project his/her own thoughts." This probably didn't go over very well. :sneaky:I was able to log back into Patreon and they archive all comments even though you no longer contribute. I had made 80 comments, all positive, to fanny and not once received a response. I supported 2 other Patreon artists in the past who responded to comments with gratitude or mutual interests - but from SJ I got crickets. It is a kind of "pay to play" manipulation for some people, but I considered my patronage a way to help in what I thought was a noble endeavor. Maybe she only responded to the big donors. Who knows, and who cares. ;)With her blatant neglect of patrons, I wonder how she keeps any of them.

• Heart
Reactions: 41

The Simple Life

I found it: This was a comment I posted on the Patreon account in June 2020 - it was made to SJ, not Isabelle. " I spent quite a while staring at your dad's painting this morning. The figure in the center is pregnant and holding a chess pawn, and the same face is superimposed on a chess pawn. I imagined that your "mummy" had a conversation with your dad about feeling that life is a game and women play the part of pawns holding up and supporting the knight- the expression on the face is not very revealing, so it's almost like a tabula rasa on which the viewer can project his/her own thoughts." This probably didn't go over very well. :sneaky:I was able to log back into Patreon and they archive all comments even though you no longer contribute. I had made 80 comments, all positive, to fanny and not once received a response. I supported 2 other Patreon artists in the past who responded to comments with gratitude or mutual interests - but from SJ I got crickets. It is a kind of "pay to play" manipulation for some people, but I considered my patronage a way to help in what I thought was a noble endeavor. Maybe she only responded to the big donors. Who knows, and who cares. ;)With her blatant neglect of patrons, I wonder how she keeps any of them.
Thank you for this very interesting story. My academic field for many decades has been art history and art criticism, in fact I graduated on this latter subject, although in the last 10 years I have chosen to devote myself only to fiction writing. As an art critic I have written many articles, art catalogues, held academic courses and have organized and launched several exhibition. So, when I started to see Daddy's paintings, I was very curious to know more about them and to analyze them. I must say I haven't found anything online in terms of exhibitions, catalogues, critical reviews, auction sales, quotation and the like, at least for what I was able to see. So I suppose he was an amateur painter, not a professional, who probably just enjoyed painting after he retired.
Yet, as she seems to value these works so much, I wonder why she didn't organize an exhibition or even a catalogue; it could be because there aren't many works, apart from the ones she treasures in her shittoo? I must also add that she has no taste whatsoever in hanging them. She seems to hang them all in the worst places, as they are surrounded by milions of colours and patterns from her "decoration".
Anyway, isn't it funny that, whilst she talks about these paintings as if they were some masterpieces, in the neglected and plain website where they are reproduced, they are just stuck there, with no title, no date, no description of sorts, no possibility of enlarging them etc. Just thrown there. Total lack of interest. Yet, being such a devoted daughter, and with all the money she and the old hag have between them, why not do something for her father's "art" other than hang it around? It looks to me that neither of them give a damn about it. SJ, who doesn't understand anything about art, just uses the "Daddy-was-a-great-artist" attitude in order to associate herself with the art and the artists' world.

Apart from that, I tried to see what I could say about them, if I were to see these paintings in some gallery. From a technical point of view they are very simple and basic. It seems they were all painted with acrylic colours, which is generally a much easier techinque than oil painting if used by an amateur. Not of course if they are used by a Master. Oil painting allows the artist to layer, to blend, to give more depth, to research more in terms of athmosphere, feelings, impressions etc. Acrylics, if you don't have a deep knowledge of the medium and of their manyfold possibilities, are more flat, especially when used by someone who is not too much into techniques.
In fact, if you notice, all these paintings are very elementary in their composition, the colours are flat, sharply separated, no blending, no shades or hues, the lines very simple, the composition quite elementary. There is only one exception, and that is the very crammed procession of medieval dames and knights he copied from some medieval illuminated manuscripts or perhaps tapestries.
But then, what makes painting art is not just the technique, but the emotion, the feeling, the athmosphere the artist evoques.
Can you see here any feelings, any emotion? No. Everything is quite cold, chilly, flat, lifeless. Just some flat figurines or images on a flat background, which communicate nothing. Apart from some ambiguity which emerges from some of the faces. Also there is a search for originality that has not succeeded.
They are not terrible, mind you. DJ could have been a good poster illustrator for advertising, as the colours are bright, eyecatching, simple but then there is nothing behind it.
I have also read here that some of you think his images have some pornographic quality. I wouldn't say so. I think that this impression is given by the fact that some of his images are sexually characterized - sometimes in a bizarre way - but then everything is so cold, flat and detached that whatever reference loses its deeper meaning. I think that impression can be generated by the ambigous looks some of the figures have in their eyes.
What I gather from all this is - and I want to stress that this is ONLY MY OPINION based on what I can see - that DJ was not a person of passion or strong feelings. He seems to me a detached, very rational man but quite ambitious. Art (well, in this case amateur art) can say a lot about its maker.
There is much more I could say, but then it'll be too long and boring, so I stop here.
I'd like to know what you think of this analysis and if you think it could apply to what we think of SJ's relationship with her Daddy.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 41

Le Baiseur

VIP Member
@Aquablue in the last thread you suggested Leslie Jordan play Gerry... I actually think he'd make a great Mummy with George Hamilton as Percy! :ROFLMAO:
1649916348061.png
1649916563911.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40

HalcyonOrganic

VIP Member
Couldn’t reply to the last thread, but after reading a newbie’s response to someone, I am very sure that smollppluve is here.

there was a screenshot of (Dan’s vlog comments) in the last thread, where schmollpappenluve replied in the same way.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 40