The Chateau Diaries #137 Fraudie Fannie finagles finances from foolish fading female fanatics!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
way
I somewhat agree with what you have suggested regarding Nutti putting a stop to it - killjoy Nutti. IHO, Dan and Amary's interactions were much more entertaining and fun less than a year ago. IMHO, today, both of them look like a shadow of their previous youthful, former selves, i.e. 6/9 months ago. I wonder why????
Same with Selmar toward the end... Yesterday I was watching the come dining episode they did, cooking for eachother, Selmar was so up-beat, you could tell everyone was jiving together... where did it all go wrong? Marie became positively miserable before leaving!

Reactions: 10
Kirsty & partner Hopi (Stuart (Hopi) Hopwood) at Halloween.

A bit of a google on Hopi (now that the new interview revealed more of his name) and He has a YouTube channel that he hasn't done much with for a year ... he and his friends have a business called Live Action Events International, in which they do re-enactment of historical stuff! SO, very much the LARP thing like dear Tatyana is into! Also to be noted, he is 61 years old .... I'm guessing Kirsty is in her 30s, so pretty big age gap, not that it matters, but just a point of interest. He looks like an outgoing fun guy at the Halloween party.

Hopi's chanel
Live Action Events International - YouTube

His business info
LIVE ACTION EVENTS INTERNATIONAL CIC people - Find and update company information - GOV.UK (company-information.service.gov.uk)

Reactions: 15
He does call the Queen "Mummy" in publlic, to great effect.

That said, I call my late father "my father" to everybody outside the family. And refer to him as "Daddy", which is what I called him, to family members. "Dad" is what Yankees call their fathers.
I am from the Gulf Coast and by high school had stopped referring to my parents as mommy or daddy, unless I was very ill. That was pretty much the standard in my extended family. By graduation it was mom or dad, while using the term mother or father outside of the family. Now, if they pissed me off then I addressed them as mother or father or by all three names. That said, I was very precocious.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I am from the Gulf Coast and by high school had stopped referring to my parents as mommy or daddy, unless I was very ill. That was pretty much the standard in my extended family. By graduation it was mom or dad, while using the term mother or father outside of the family. Now, if they pissed me off then I addressed them as mother or father or by all three names. That said, I was very precocious.
I remember as a child making great effort to transition from mommy & daddy to mom & dad, and when I slipped up I was a bit embarrassed as I thought I looked like a little kid when I did so! My sisters and I would, in humor when teens and young adults), call our parents by their first names. They handled it well!! :)

Reactions: 6
The Fleuries must be getting a huge pay day to come for Easter. Fanny is desperate for their growing audience. The Fleuries have taken out loans and have all their expensive fixtures and fittings! It would not surprise me if this is a mutual agreement, money for exposure on the new No. 1 chateau channel.

Otherwise I just don’t get it. It’d be like the Queen going to stay with the Kardashians for Easter!
Now that’s hilarious!!!
Getting a visual!!!
😱🤣🤭

• Haha
I’ve sold some of my art too. ☺ It was the weirdest feeling that someone would pay for something I’d done! I did a large painting of a white pouty chicken in a turquoise frame with “funky” stenciled across the top. 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Love it!!! I know what you mean! When I have some spare time I'm going to take up painting again now that I'm retired. 😏

Reactions: 4
Lovely to see HM the Queen enjoying the joke.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I’ve sold some of my art too. ☺ It was the weirdest feeling that someone would pay for something I’d done! I did a large painting of a white pouty chicken in a turquoise frame with “funky” stenciled across the top. 🤣🤣🤣🤣
❤ Luv the “funky chicken”!!! 👏🏆 👩‍🎨🥇
Of course lots of someone’s will pay for that!!!
You are your own worst critic I’ll bet!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Lovely to see HM the Queen enjoying the joke.
Agreed. So many folks, particularly Americans who don’t have the same exposure to her, see HM the Queen as serious. When it’s quite clear in interviews that she has a devilish sense of humor that she utilises as appropriate. She has the most delightfully subtle ability to take the piss when she so desires.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Thanks for the warm welcome! Charlotte is home (along with all the red clay soil and inability to grow a proper rhododendron, even with yards of mulch spread each year to amend the soil), but weekends are spent on Hilton Head. My husband used to have the White Trash Cookbook until we moved to the south... some Junior Leaguer from Asheville who was in for a cocktail party spied it on the shelf and said it was tasteless (ya don't say?!). I have no patience for the humorless... He's from up nawth bless his heart, but a worthy southern cook. Easter is the start of barbecue season and the Big Green Egg is smoking up the neighborhood today and that would be western Carolina style with a vinegar base. Low Country Boil is also a staple, as are shrimp and grits. G+T season is upon us. No sweet tea though, we like our teeth right where they are.

Re: Daddy's paintings, I like the graphic two dimensional quality of many of them. I don't think every work of art has to have levels of meaning, I'm often drawn to the eye candy the color and pattern provide vs. layered storytelling, contextual clues and ponderous interpretation. Love that big art/heavy meaning/decoding the attributes of the flowers and colors/saints/gods/elements when I go to a museum, but for my walls? No thanks... I think they are bright and cheerful which is what I gravitate to when decorating my house. They have zero to do with her chateau decor, but if my daddy painted them and passed early, I'd want them around whether or not they matched. Though pulling back, there are SO many things wrong with that household that the oddly juxtaposed modern paintings are the least of them. If the cold and damp are as bad as reported, I would store them offsite to protect them from the vagaries of temperature and humidity. Whether oil or acrylic, they would be happier in a climate controlled environment. Or maybe they just need a nice water bottle... fill the kettle at once, Phillip!
Welcome!
I’m new here too!

Agreed. So many folks, particularly Americans who don’t have the same exposure to her, see HM the Queen as serious. When it’s quite clear in interviews that she has a devilish sense of humor that she utilises as appropriate. She has the most delightfully subtle ability to take the piss when she so desires.
I’d love seeing the side of her enjoying a visit with the K’s!!! That would be awesome!!! 🤣🤣🤣

I remember as a child making great effort to transition from mommy & daddy to mom & dad, and when I slipped up I was a bit embarrassed as I thought I looked like a little kid when I did so! My sisters and I would, in humor when teens and young adults), call our parents by their first names. They handled it well!! :)
The first name is an attention getter when the “Mom, mom, mom” isn’t working!!! 😳 My girls used that strategy years back- usually in the car- when I could easily turn off the racket from the back seat!!! Now that makes me imagine “their kids” using the given names to get their attention! 🤭😉

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.