The Chateau Diaries #125 #JusticeforSelmar and #JustDessertsforStephanieJarvis

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
whoa.. and how do you know you all of this about Natti? from a couple of videos you watched...I say this is pretty viscous speculation on all points ... the stereotypical South American references are just beyond .. please stop
Yes, please stop with these gross generalizations. It's ridiculous.

Reactions: 10
Can is be transcribed and read by an AI voiceover with a reversed screenshot of Selmar and the fugly kitchen pic of Nati? Would those alterations be enough to get around "copyright" bs.?
I think this is a great idea. The copyright issue is a bit of a minefield to navigate sometimes - fair use could cover. But if Selmar has asked another person to take it down on another site then perhaps we have to respect his wishes? I don't know. I'm torn on whether it is the right thing to do or not. :confused:

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Exactly! You adapted. So, the way I see it, there’s two options with Natti. Either she adapts to the norms of employer/employee relationships in France, or she doesn’t adapt and she runs off every decent person that sets foot in the farmhouse.

Also, adapting doesn’t mean that someone has to give up their identity. It’s simply adapting their experiences and skills to work within the parameters of the environment.
Sorry, but in every country one can find mean bosses. Has nothing to do with cultural differences. UK would be the most classists country and noboy would say that Brits tend to yell at their personnel. And I also had usually lovely people explode on a real bad day (or when nothing else would work because people were just so dumb)... not saying that's OK...
I could scream at Selmar just because he looks smelly. And because he is so slow.
I could imagine that he didn't get that they wanted him to leave. Just because he opened a tin of cat food once a day doesn't mean he is a Saint. If it was that bad and they left for good why did he leave his tools? Like the girlfriend who lost her earring after a one night stand....

• Sick
1647024032074.png

The Chateau Diaries
15 minutes ago
Yes, it's sad that we live in times where the dark side of vlogging is horrific online abuse. The laws in most countries are starting to move in the direction of banning it, but the process is slow. If you google the name of the site you saw (I won't give them any publicity here) you'll see that there are several articles discussing the atrocious bullying going on there. It has been described as 'the most toxic place on the internet' and 'the most hate-filled corner of the web'. It's important never to engage, even though the sense of injustice is overwhelming. I'll continue to focus on goodness and beauty in life, rather than letting myself be affected by their darkness. Thank you so much for being so caring x

• Haha
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 45
It's important never to engage

That's rich when Sally said, that she had been struck my Stephanie Jarvis' copyright claims.
Anyways, Sally says she is back up under a different name and with different content - enjoy, if you find the channel.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Sorry, but in every country one can find mean bosses. Has nothing to do with cultural differences. UK would be the most classists country and noboy would say that Brits tend to yell at their personnel. And I also had usually lovely people explode on a real bad day (or when nothing else would work because people were just so dumb)... not saying that's OK...
I could scream at Selmar just because he looks smelly. And because he is so slow.
I could imagine that he didn't get that they wanted him to leave. Just because he opened a tin of cat food once a day doesn't mean he is a Saint. If it was that bad and they left for good why did he leave his tools? Like the girlfriend who lost her earring after a one night stand....
I agree, Natti is a bully. I was just responding to a comment claiming that her abuse toward staff and volunteers was a “cultural difference.” If that’s true, I think she should adapt to the cultural norms of France where that type of behavior isn’t acceptable. But, since I see her treat certain people differently (depending on the person), I’m less inclined to think her behavior is a cultural difference. I’m more inclined to think it’s plain old bullying.

Plus, we’ve heard of instances where Natti was rude to B&B guests. I’m not aware of ANY culture where that’s acceptable!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
It's the clearest admission of guilt I have seen so far. That girl does not know how to say sorry.

And no locks on the doors, by choice. There's no privacy, not even if you are paying for it.
Did you meet Nati when she was the first time around? How was she back then? Was she already at LaLande before Steph started vlogging?

Reactions: 4
I can never spot them, and when someone mentions a flying monkey I have to go back and see if I can find who they are talking about
I usually think the same thing, but today they're pretty obvious...

• Heart
Reactions: 5
View attachment 1118470
The Chateau Diaries
15 minutes ago
Yes, it's sad that we live in times where the dark side of vlogging is horrific online abuse. The laws in most countries are starting to move in the direction of banning it, but the process is slow. If you google the name of the site you saw (I won't give them any publicity here) you'll see that there are several articles discussing the atrocious bullying going on there. It has been described as 'the most toxic place on the internet' and 'the most hate-filled corner of the web'. It's important never to engage, even though the sense of injustice is overwhelming. I'll continue to focus on goodness and beauty in life, rather than letting myself be affected by their darkness. Thank you so much for being so caring x
@KiKiGee, thanks for sharing the Chateau Diaries post. I did notice that Stephanie Jarvis made a couple errors, darn auto correct! I’ll go ahead and fix them for her.

The Chateau Diaries
15 minutes ago
…If you google the name of the site you saw (I won't give them any publicity here) you'll see that there are several articles discussing the atrocious bullying going on there here. It has been We have been described as 'the most toxic place on the internet' and 'the most hate-filled corner of the web'…

There you go Steph, caring is sharing! Xx

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Google street?
That'll do... and also, who's going to prove it's not a pic that a person took? LOL

Is it legal to use Google Street View images?

Generally speaking, as long as you're following our Terms of Service and you're attributing properly, you can use our maps and imagery. In fact, we love seeing creative applications of Google Maps, Google Earth and Street View.

I agree somewhat but crazy things can happen like this in Canada, a well known and loved bakery was targeted.
Even though the Germans during WW2 hated the locals in the Limogen area refering to them as Communists, this place is so rural and safe, nothing is suddenly going to happen due to a war thousands of miles away.

Reactions: 1
I agree, Natti is a bully. I was just responding to a comment claiming that her abuse toward staff and volunteers was a “cultural difference.” If that’s true, I think she should adapt to the cultural norms of France where that type of behavior isn’t acceptable. But, since I see her treat certain people differently (depending on the person), I’m less inclined to think her behavior is a cultural difference. I’m more inclined to think it’s plain old bullying.
What I am saying is that it is nowhere acceptable but it still happens everywhere, no matter which country. Even in France, I had a landlady in Paris once, and she was quite arrogant, mean and racist towards her "maghrébin" as she called her help not bothering to remember her name.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
View attachment 1118470

The Chateau Diaries
15 minutes ago
WTF ... these sites are not going away and this particular site is gossip, opinions and speculation, not hard facts, if this was to go away, what about the tabloid press and tv shows, those go away too? Not likely.... if you put your grift in the public eye expect criticism or get off the internet

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
Can is be transcribed and read by an AI voiceover with a reversed screenshot of Selmar and the fugly kitchen pic of Nati? Would those alterations be enough to get around "copyright" bs.?

Here is a very good article on "Fair Use Practices" when wanting to upload other peoples videos. For example, one might be able to put "Fair Use For Educational Purposes" and other reasons in the description. Reviewers would be supposed to take this into consideration when reviewing a video that has been striked.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.