The Chateau Diaries #12 Carry on grifting

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Gipsymom Yes, I noticed that he kept averting his eyes and looking up a lot. He was shifty the whole way through.
I could never imagine being such a crybaby in public like this. But what's even more disturbing are all his fans encouraging his tantrum. He's probably going to do this again since he got such a 'positive' response from his senile fan club.

Reactions: 15
New member here. Came to have a look post MP's infamous vlog outburst.

Thoughts on SJ: i enjoy the practical stuff, the floor replacement, improvements to the courtyard etc, but so much is so incredibly superficial. I'm astonished by the lack of basic improvements such as insulation. As so many others have observed, apart from editing videos, what does she actually DO?? Cadeaux at the Chateau frankly revolts me. It's self-serving, knowingly encouraging further donation, and exploitative. Philip makes me think of a King Charles spaniel every time I see him but perhaps that's unnecessarily unkind.

Anna and Philip a really impressive couple, but they MASSIVELY overpaid for that chateau in that condition. If you look at comparables they've overpaid by a good quarter of a million I'd say. I just hope with Covid it doesn't sink them.

The Montmagner couple are more genuine grafters, but like so many embarked on this dream, hopelessly naive. How does anyone think its sensible to put everything you have into a crumbling pile that will only be a money pit, with only £80k budget for restoration. The roof issues they've had, not to mention the car, were so predictable. I fear for them tbh.
I thought that too re price of Anna and Philip house, it's in Normandy if I recollect so perhaps that area more affulent than say where the HMN is situated. Did they pay one million or over one million for it whereas others seem to pay between 300 to around 600K for their heaps? Either way I am amazed when they say the cost when they are introduced in their segments on ETTCDIY. People here too who would know more than me especially re property like the run down chateaus, that you need minimum the same as what you paid for the house to cover the renovations if not more. Why anyone would take such a project on without funds or a business plan for the premises long term astounds me.

Where did you watch this? (I haven't seen it.). I suppose it depends on what she bought and how she uses it really. She made a good job of the re-upholstery so I'll wait and see. I think her taste is very different to SJ's so I am not too concerned. I too want to like them and so I will persevere..
It was on C4 ETTCDIY

Reactions: 8
@NorrisCS 900k. They put 450k 'life savings' in plus 450k bank loan. It is near Honfleur, Deauville etc. and just two hours from Paris. So they will catch the weekend crowd potentially. Covid permitting... I looked at the room prices on their website. Astronomical.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Given the number of new members who have arrived here since Moaning Michael's vlog, he seem to have "done a Brenda" and scored a massive home goal. So many new posters saying that they were glad to find a place where they could question and complain. Wouldn't you think he'd have take a lesson from DB? All points to this being a knee-jerk reaction to being called out on his failure to post.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Given the number of new members who have arrived here since Moaning Michael's vlog, he seem to have "done a Brenda" and scored a massive home goal. So many new posters saying that they were glad to find a place where they could question and complain. Wouldn't you think he'd have take a lesson from DB? All points to this being a knee-jerk reaction to being called out on his failure to post.
Indeed. So let's summarise: a fake Christmas dinner to make the punters happy; a fake dead granny to make the unhappy punters happy; and then a bleedingly obvious oh woe is me post to explain his absence to the punters who aren't happy again which will make them all forget the accidental granny post. Can't wait to see what happens next.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
I thought that too re price of Anna and Philip house, it's in Normandy if I recollect so perhaps that area more affulent than say where the HMN is situated. Did they pay one million or over one million for it whereas others seem to pay between 300 to around 600K for their heaps? Either way I am amazed when they say the cost when they are introduced in their segments on ETTCDIY. People here too who would know more than me especially re property like the run down chateaus, that you need minimum the same as what you paid for the house to cover the renovations if not more. Why anyone would take such a project on without funds or a business plan for the premises long term astounds me.
SJ didn't think about a business plan or finances because her parents paid for everything well into her adulthood. She was allowed, perhaps even encouraged, to live in her own fantasy world and let others take care of business. I still don't think she has a sound business plan. She just flits from one dumb ass thing to the next. I really think the whole lake situation sums it up pretty well. She panicked instead of researching and hiring an attorney like almost anyone else would have. Now she's got this incredible, complex and very expensive issue to restore the lake. I'm sure there are many of her panicked and slapdash fixes that will end up costing a fortune in the long run. She just isn't practical! I would definitely fix the outside of the chateau's exterior as it is the first thing you see when you drive up. That crumbling cement is hideous. Who cares what the double-face silk brocade bed curtains look like when the damn house is falling down around you and you're freezing your ass off.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
The thing about most of SJs fans are that they don't have much class and that's why they love her, she's in their league! A and P are way too classy and many of SJs fans won't relate. SJs fans love seeing people being idiots, laughing at nothing, swooning over nothing, shopping for junk at the thrift shops, playing dress-up, pretending to be princesses, drooling over misfit men, etc. I just don't see A and P doing this.
My goodness. You’re basically insulting just about everyone in your post. Are you sure you’re amongst only classy people here? SMDH

• Haha
Reactions: 4
My goodness. You’re basically insulting just about everyone in your post. Are you sure you’re amongst only classy people here? SMDH
Well it's true. All you have to do is look at her idiot stans and how they fan all over her for what???? As I've stated before it's beyond cringe.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Great post this ☝
Hi, I'm new to this site. I joined after watching Michael's whining YT vido. I feel that MP really needs a shot of reality in his life. People work. They then rent or buy themselves a home or project that they then carry on working to renovate/decorate to their tastes. They don't make a couple of YT videos and expect the world and his dog to support him in his project while he basically does nothing more than a little bit of filming whilst his senior father and his friend (Sean) do all the work on his renovation. Its obvious that Mick is a grafter but he's got his own property to graft on which I'm sure would give him more than enough work at his time of life. Michael should be ashamed of himself.

Originally I thought Michael was a fun person with a bit of get up and go. It slowly dawned on me that all he was doing was money grabbing from total strangers, so that he could carry on pleasing himself. His videos have become more and more boring and the amount of drone shooting (paid for by his adoring public) is monotonous. But his begging for me and more money has become more and more noticable. He wasn't memorable from ETTCDIY and it was only CD's videos that had brought him to my attention. The more of his YT videos that I have watched the more amazed I have become at his blatant begging for money and now even plates (at Christmas), I now find myself watching them just to see what he's begging for next, although I no longer watch the adverts.

He was employed by the lovely Angel to paint/draw a design that she had huge input into on the initial design. If he wanted to make an income from any upcoming revenues, this was the time when he should have voiced his expectations. It seems to me that the "boy" is peeved that someone is making money from something that he was paid to do and is now not satisfied with getting money for nothing just from his YT, Patreon and GoFundMe sites, he is fuming that he has been missing out on extra money. If I worked for Mr Ford and designed a car that I was paid to design, I would hardly expect Mr Ford to give me a cut of every car that was sold and call that car after me.

As to the rest of the Petherick family: poor Gwendolyne, the whole family has taken over her space when she was vulnerably emotional from the loss of her mother. Yeah, Mick's a grafter but they do have their own place so why have they now taken over the other cottage. Where does Sadie and her daughter and boyfriend/partner live? In the Chateau? Billy does do some work, but he doesn't really seem to give any support/affection to Gwendolyne. He's too busy with his buddies, doing god knows what. The poor woman looks lost and lonely most of the time while the leeches have just taken over.

After MP's performance on Friday, showing himself to be stressed and depressed from all of the negative/nasty comments on here about him, he seemed to perk up on the Petherick video about holes. If he doesn't want to receive negative comments, I guess he's in the wrong game. You have to take the bad with the good. Another shot or reality is needed there. I do wonder why there are so many people who are prepared to pay for him to live this wasteful, playful, extravagant lifestyle - one has to wonder how empty their lifes are?

Just had to get this off my chest. I'm enjoying the site. Its nice to have somewhere where people appreciate the shows I enjoy and where we can have an honest discussion, rather than the sickeningly sycophantic twaddle that is seen on YT comments.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Darling, I'm just poking fun at people! That's why I'm here. If you want to take what I say personally, well, that's up to you. This is just idle gossip nothing more.

• Heart
I'm new. Don't ask for details because I'm not giving them. Recently learned of the TV series on Channel 4/5?. I noticed someone googled "Chateau de la lande" and found you guys here.

If you are a person donating to Steph, please stop. The family is very wealthy, I know this for a fact - directly. What they have in the bank I'm unsure but we are talking millions! Multiple properties all over the place, 7 that I can recall. Very sizable incomes - alimony payments, pensions, trusts, inheritance, rental income, the list is endless. Money most of us could only dream of.

They have no money issues you are just paying for things they don't want to pay for.
The Chateau is owned by three people not just SJ or her family ( mother).

It is an entity and in no way should any of the owners individual hearsay wealth have any bearing on the operation or restoration of the Chateau. Up until Patreon I would imagine that development and maintenance costs would have to be shouldered equally by all owners. Getting people to agree is notoriously difficult and everyone has different rent calls on their resources. The donated Patreon money has been designated as solely for use for the chateau under the terms agreed with the French Tax Revenue Dept. Anyone who is familiar with the French tax department will know that they are very, very assiduous taskmasters

Reactions: 5
New member here. Came to have a look post MP's infamous vlog outburst.

Thoughts on SJ: i enjoy the practical stuff, the floor replacement, improvements to the courtyard etc, but so much is so incredibly superficial. I'm astonished by the lack of basic improvements such as insulation. As so many others have observed, apart from editing videos, what does she actually DO?? Cadeaux at the Chateau frankly revolts me. It's self-serving, knowingly encouraging further donation, and exploitative. Philip makes me think of a King Charles spaniel every time I see him but perhaps that's unnecessarily unkind.

Anna and Philip a really impressive couple, but they MASSIVELY overpaid for that chateau in that condition. If you look at comparables they've overpaid by a good quarter of a million I'd say. I just hope with Covid it doesn't sink them.

The Montmagner couple are more genuine grafters, but like so many embarked on this dream, hopelessly naive. How does anyone think its sensible to put everything you have into a crumbling pile that will only be a money pit, with only £80k budget for restoration. The roof issues they've had, not to mention the car, were so predictable. I fear for them tbh.
If anyone deserves some money it’s the Montmagner couple. They work their assess off! I’m worried for them too. That roof repair Bill might sink them yet.

• Heart
SJ didn't think about a business plan or finances because her parents paid for everything well into her adulthood. She was allowed, perhaps even encouraged, to live in her own fantasy world and let others take care of business. I still don't think she has a sound business plan. She just flits from one dumb ass thing to the next. I really think the whole lake situation sums it up pretty well. She panicked instead of researching and hiring an attorney like almost anyone else would have. Now she's got this incredible, complex and very expensive issue to restore the lake. I'm sure there are many of her panicked and slapdash fixes that will end up costing a fortune in the long run. She just isn't practical! I would definitely fix the outside of the chateau's exterior as it is the first thing you see when you drive up. That crumbling cement is hideous. Who cares what the double-face silk brocade bed curtains look like when the damn house is falling down around you and you're freezing your ass off.
She is NOT restoring a chateau, she's over decorating it, buying astronomically priced fabrics etc. AND refurbishing her B&B with new mattresses, linens and who knows what else. B&B that I'm sure, she might not run again, because why bother running a B&B when you have fools financing all your crazy ideas, and free labor from volunteers to clean up your :poop: and cook for you and your entourage, while accumulating and hoarding piles of more :poop:

I hope those towers and attics that have been abandoned for ages, don't end up crumbling down on someone's head.

And now she wants to create a garden more ambitious than Versailles, worthy of a "grand chateau". :rolleyes:
This woman lives in Fantasyland, and for now, has the funds to turn all her dreams into reality. Just wait till the money faucet starts running dry, she's gonna find herself in debt with 100 unfinished projects.

And by the way, what the hell is that skinny boy Phillip doing there, glued to her 24/7? Weird. In so many ways. o_O
(OK done, for now 😂)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Oh, it is getting confusing isn't it?! I was talking about Anna and Philipp from Chateau Le Fleur. They have described SJ and co as their new friends...
Maybe Anna and Philipp felt unable to say no to SJ , taking part in the Come dine with me because of being part of Ettc diy?

I have had a look at The Facebook page, beautiful renovations and seems still very close to her former employer Balmain ? model photo shoot looks very sophisticated . Amazing what they have achieved in less than 2 years.

Anna admits to liking vintage furniture .... I just don’t see them fillling the place with tons of old tat.

Patreon.... not sure , but Philipp is a film maker so should have no problem providing high quality content . I won’t be contributing .

Reactions: 8
Yes, the boob issue is becoming evermore desperate. The worst is that horrible ice blue 1950ish boudoir gown SJ wore in the advent vlogs. She must have used tape to get those girls to do what she wanted them to do. I know some people find SJ sexy but I just don't get those vibes at all. My straight male friends and family members don't find her sexy either. Most of them think she's too skinny. She just doesn't seem to be a sexual person to me. Maybe it's that hysterical laughing all the time that's just such a turn off.
There was lots of grey contour used on them too.

• Haha
She is NOT restoring a chateau, she's over decorating it, buying astronomically priced fabrics etc. AND refurbishing her B&B with new mattresses, linens and who knows what else. B&B that I'm sure, she might not run again, because why bother running a B&B when you have fools financing all your crazy ideas, and free labor from volunteers to clean up your :poop: and cook for you and your entourage, while accumulating and hoarding piles of more :poop:

I hope those towers and attics that have been abandoned for ages, don't end up crumbling down on someone's head.

And now she wants to create a garden more ambitious than Versailles, worthy of a "grand chateau". :rolleyes:
This woman lives in Fantasyland, and for now, has the funds to turn all her dreams into reality. Just wait till the money faucet starts running dry, she's gonna find herself in debt with 100 unfinished projects.

And by the way, what the hell is that skinny boy Phillip doing there, glued to her 24/7? Weird. In so many ways. o_O
(OK done, for now 😂)
Skinny Boy is being a mooch! He is such a bleep for the camera, always putting his gap tooth grin in the camera. He reminds me of that other camera bleep, Tomaz. Once P leaves the chateau, if he ever does, he will just be another nobody with a lame YT station and nothing interesting to say. I just wonder where he gets his money from. Obviously he doesn't work for a living and now he's become a porcelain piggy at the china factory shops. I think he's hoping that SJ will let him build his own little apartment at the chateau so that he doesn't have to deal with the big scary world out there where the rest of live.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
People here too who would know more than me especially re property like the run down chateaus, that you need minimum the same as what you paid for the house to cover the renovations if not more. Why anyone would take such a project on without funds or a business plan for the premises long term astounds me

[/QUOTE]
You’re right, it is at least the same amount again as the purchase price To renovate...properly!.

But anyone who believes that these people have no idea of the costs are kidding themselves. Of course they know...it’s all an act. Here , when a house is put up for sale, the seller has to provide a report which notes the condition and age of certain things , think it includes safety reports too....the report has a certain lifespan but certainly is designed to last a while and is then shared with potential buyers. So in effect it’s a little bit like a pre purchase survey but maybe not quite as detailed. And...of course a buyer has the option to pay for an independent surveyor and get indicative quotes for any repairs etc...so in theory a buyer should never get caught out

I think the ones on tv don’t always want to divulge their budgets and spending levels to all and sundry in the world of social media or whatever, perhaps for fear of being judged to critisised so they pretend they have a low or non existent budget and that they’re slaving away all night doing it themselves 🤓

the Honfleur place is in a nice area of Normandy , so will bump up the price as the rest of the department isnt super expensive. I think these were the guys I saw recently struggling to get their top floor family apartment kitted to live in and in one episode he was “struggling” to fit plasterboard and made a bit of a mess of it in places . Then it showed 2 “volunteers “ coming to help...and by the next episode the whole area was fully plastered without explanation or video to show who did it.so again, we‘re expected believe it was a one man job where he struggled on his own....mmmmm 😏

• Heart
@NorrisCS 900k. They put 450k 'life savings' in plus 450k bank loan. It is near Honfleur, Deauville etc. and just two hours from Paris. So they will catch the weekend crowd potentially. Covid permitting... I looked at the room prices on their website. Astronomical.
Horribly overpriced and over-leveraged, even without dealing with a pandemic. They've achieved an amazing amount, but very financially naive IMO

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.