The Chateau Diaries #12 Carry on grifting

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To me it was so weird why she would mention in a comment on somebody else's channel that trolls stated her beloved dad was sexually abusing her. She could have named all of those others speculations: her being rich, her being lazy, her being childish, her showing boobs, her exploiting people, etc.
Why on earth choosing the worst of all? At least she could have mentioned it on patreon and it would leak then soon enough to make superfans comfort her.
I would never ever put in writing the name of my dad in the same sentence with words like 'sexually abused'! And this to stay forever on Internet?
What was she thinking? People will go in crowds now to tattle.
She completely changed her strategy of ignoring the bad and smelling only the roses to throwing sh... around. I don't believe at all that anything like this happened but people at so stupid out there and awful things like this keep sticking.

Or am I just not getting it? 🤔
I feel the same about what SJ said. So effing dramatic! She really knows how to drop bombs to get attention.

Reactions: 12
Groan.... I might now have to watch/not watch just to see this...
It's a shame to hear that she is inviting Anna and Philip from Chateau La Fleur at Honfleur to their Come Dine With Me. They really would be wise to stay away from the circus of Lalande and Basmaignee.
I don't worry about Anna and Philipp. They are very smart and sophisticated. They will use SJ and her connections to further their own cause. It's the name of the game. They have already gotten a lot more exposure just be hosting SJ and her entourage. This is a professional couple. Anna worked at Balmain for 10 years so she knows a thing or two about slippery people.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
To me it was so weird why she would mention in a comment on somebody else's channel that trolls stated her beloved dad was sexually abusing her. She could have named all of those others speculations: her being rich, her being lazy, her being childish, her showing boobs, her exploiting people, etc.
Why on earth choosing the worst of all? At least she could have mentioned it on patreon and it would leak then soon enough to make superfans comfort her.
I would never ever put in writing the name of my dad in the same sentence with words like 'sexually abused'! And this to stay forever on Internet?
What was she thinking? People will go in crowds now to tattle.
She completely changed her strategy of ignoring the bad and smelling only the roses to throwing sh... around. I don't believe at all that anything like this happened but people at so stupid out there and awful things like this keep sticking.

Or am I just not getting it? 🤔
Totally agree...why this? Personally I’d not dignify it by citing it... Guess her one upmanship got the better of her. I think she’s still peeved he got 100k followers first.....she’s not gonna let him have all the sympathy.....just the litigation.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I don't worry about Anna and Philipp. They are very smart and sophisticated. They will use SJ and her connections to further their own cause. It's the name of the game. They have already gotten a lot more exposure just be hosting SJ and her entourage. This is a professional couple. Anna worked at Balmain for 10 years so she knows a thing or two about slippery people.
So SJ went to check out the competition and FRK threw a few flowers in containers (note no milk bottles for La Fleur!) but why was Baby Phil tagging along? The keeper of the handbag perhaps?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Floral Roadkill's behaviour in the last vlog did her no favours... is she really that much of an idiot?

It is interesting that SSB left all of the controversial content in the vlog, especially FR actively encouraging Mandy to reduce her score. This reflected very poorly and will cost followers on Instagram and Patreon. Well, at least she'll have a real reason for the resting witch face. :sneaky:
I thought she was fine. Better than SSB over marking everything as 10/10 even thought they hated the dessert 😆

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
So SJ went to check out the competition and FRK threw a few flowers in containers (note no milk bottles for La Fleur!) but why was Baby Phil tagging along? The keeper of the handbag perhaps?
Baby Phil. He of the oversized bloated head and bad hairline.... 😂😂😂 who said that? Too funny...

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
I just watched if you can call it that as finger rapidly tapping screen to fast forward - Jesus crying out loud really? Really? Vlog 4 and it’s Sadie playing with the dogs and shopping in the supermarket. My head is exploding at the absolute banality of it and people LIKE it and comment???? What is wrong with people. I did stop and watch when I saw her fondling a tin of tea... and guess what... she’s started her begging campaign - paraphrasing here but something like “Sadly I don’t have any fancy cups like Michael has, sadly no Spode here, (uses sadly twice just in case the gullibles missed it the first time) and Michael has lent me his tea strainer“ (close up of silver tea strainer)... As the title here goes, Carry On Grifting!
@Jeeves you are correct going by their views it is very possible they will over take SJ & I certainly hope they do. Was she not embarressed to share that trip with her viewers, every where tidy, organised, work finished to a high standard...by themselves & friends, & warm..no need for thermals & layers of clothing with 2 young children, it showed me just how little has been achieved @ the shitooo
The thing about most of SJs fans are that they don't have much class and that's why they love her, she's in their league! A and P are way too classy and many of SJs fans won't relate. SJs fans love seeing people being idiots, laughing at nothing, swooning over nothing, shopping for junk at the thrift shops, playing dress-up, pretending to be princesses, drooling over misfit men, etc. I just don't see A and P doing this.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
The thing about most of SJs fans are that they don't have much class and that's why they love her, she's in their league! A and P are way too classy and many of SJs fans won't relate. SJs fans love seeing people being idiots, laughing at nothing, swooning over nothing, shopping for junk at the thrift shops, playing dress-up, pretending to be princesses, drooling over misfit men, etc. I just don't see A and P doing this.
I hate to bust your bubble but I watched A and P at the local junk shop last night. They were buying stuff they didn't need whilst saying they were on a tight budget (nearly 200 euros spent on overpriced mirrors and frivolities) and arguing over buying a cheap wardrobe that Anna wanted to paint and which Philipp thought was a bit of a cliché. I am worried.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
I don't have a gripe with Patreon per se - as long as there is some kind of return for the investment for example, seeing someone bring a lovely chateau back to life. I felt that watching their videos, that I gained something from it, the upholstery of the chair, the gilding of the mirror. Ok, it wasn't a tutorial nor was it intended to be but it did give an indication of the process and the care with which they renovate their home.
LOLL and MPK are more concerned with what they can buy for themselves. I think anyone may aspire to live in a beautiful home like Chateau La Fleur but seriously, who would wish to live in the chaos of Lalande (more like a tart's boudoir than an elegant chateau), the funereal gloom of Basmaignee or indeed, the mishmash of styles in the hobbit house.

Looking at some of the photographs on the La Fleur Instagram page, SJ looking like the cat that swallowed the cream. I think the boobs hanging out of her dress were not meant to be appealing to Baby Phil, she might have her eye on a more sophisticated gentleman! Don't think you'll manage to score there, Steph - why on earth would he be tempted?😉. I think he's probably a little too clean cut and decent for you - definitely not your type.
Yes, the boob issue is becoming evermore desperate. The worst is that horrible ice blue 1950ish boudoir gown SJ wore in the advent vlogs. She must have used tape to get those girls to do what she wanted them to do. I know some people find SJ sexy but I just don't get those vibes at all. My straight male friends and family members don't find her sexy either. Most of them think she's too skinny. She just doesn't seem to be a sexual person to me. Maybe it's that hysterical laughing all the time that's just such a turn off.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
I hate to bust your bubble but I watched A and P at the local junk shop last night. They were buying stuff they didn't need whilst saying they were on a tight budget (nearly 200 euros spent on overpriced mirrors and frivolities) and arguing over buying a cheap wardrobe that Anna wanted to paint and which Philipp thought was a bit of a cliché. I am worried.
Yep....I’m with you. Watch and wait, watch and wait.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Noooooo🥺

• Haha
Reactions: 6
It's worse: apart from Nic and MP she doesn't have any close friends, not really. There's the endless stack of wannabees she plays out against each other, but as soon as they leave her room, they leave her thoughts and mind too. For someone who comes across as very sociable and fun to be with, she is incredibly lonely.
That’s what happens if you give out energy to all and sundry on a pitiful quest to be ‘the most popular’ girl. No one really cares about you either. If she valued true friendship (instead of only what she can get out of a relationship) then she would always have someone there. Friendship is like a bank, you have to put something in. not just take something out.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Last paragraph 👏👏 Really made me laugh. Spot on

Hi there, long time...
And they're already on the begging wagon...that for me is a huge deterrent! Hate cyber beggars :mad::mad:
Exactly what I said earlier. There instant begging bowl and association with LOTL makes them a Big No From Me.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Where ? Do You stalk them ? Can't find a new vlog on their channel :unsure:.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Oh dear. I could see it coming. Won’t be watching them then !

Reactions: 5
I just watched if you can call it that as finger rapidly tapping screen to fast forward - Jesus crying out loud really? Really? Vlog 4 and it’s Sadie playing with the dogs and shopping in the supermarket. My head is exploding at the absolute banality of it and people LIKE it and comment???? What is wrong with people. I did stop and watch when I saw her fondling a tin of tea... and guess what... she’s started her begging campaign - paraphrasing here but something like “Sadly I don’t have any fancy cups like Michael has, sadly no Spode here, (uses sadly twice just in case the gullibles missed it the first time) and Michael has lent me his tea strainer“ (close up of silver tea strainer)... As the title here goes, Carry On Grifting!
That's half an hour of my life I'm never going to see again. And by the way, Sadie, Grand Frais DOES NOT mean 'big strawberry'. Jesus.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.