The Chateau Diaries #12 Carry on grifting

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think the Pethericks are still reading Tattle.Life. They just uploaded an homage to Pa Petherick. After we've been gushing over him the past couple of days. 💖 🤭

Thanks guys. ;)

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Oh dear. I could see it coming. Won’t be watching them then !
I think I saw that on C4 but it was filmed some time ago. SJ's photos would be more current so maybe the brocante shopping trip was only for cameras but tat not actually bought.

Reactions: 1
I hate to bust your bubble but I watched A and P at the local junk shop last night. They were buying stuff they didn't need whilst saying they were on a tight budget (nearly 200 euros spent on overpriced mirrors and frivolities) and arguing over buying a cheap wardrobe that Anna wanted to paint and which Philipp thought was a bit of a cliché. I am worried.
Is there some confusion ? Or at least I am is there two a and p a?

As in Angela ? Where frk did her thing. And then Phil and angelina who are thick in with the trotters.

Reactions: 3
OK, being new I am still way behind, but catching up, and this may not be the correct place to post this, but I am going to put in my two cents worth on an older comment, Nov. 9, though it is still relevant:

" Shameful is the word, though I have come to the conclusion that young Trotter has no shame. It was awful to watch the intense begging and him looking directly into the camera batting his eyelashes."

I fast forwarded through this particular video and noticed when MP makes his excuses for why he is out of money, he looks down, NOT directly straight ahead, as if looking into the viewer's eyes, or he looks away. This is a common body language trait of liars.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
New member here. Came to have a look post MP's infamous vlog outburst.

Thoughts on SJ: i enjoy the practical stuff, the floor replacement, improvements to the courtyard etc, but so much is so incredibly superficial. I'm astonished by the lack of basic improvements such as insulation. As so many others have observed, apart from editing videos, what does she actually DO?? Cadeaux at the Chateau frankly revolts me. It's self-serving, knowingly encouraging further donation, and exploitative. Philip makes me think of a King Charles spaniel every time I see him but perhaps that's unnecessarily unkind.

Anna and Philip a really impressive couple, but they MASSIVELY overpaid for that chateau in that condition. If you look at comparables they've overpaid by a good quarter of a million I'd say. I just hope with Covid it doesn't sink them.

The Montmagner couple are more genuine grafters, but like so many embarked on this dream, hopelessly naive. How does anyone think its sensible to put everything you have into a crumbling pile that will only be a money pit, with only £80k budget for restoration. The roof issues they've had, not to mention the car, were so predictable. I fear for them tbh.

Is there some confusion ? Or at least I am is there two a and p a?

As in Angela ? Where frk did her thing. And then Phil and angelina who are thick in with the trotters.
Oh, it is getting confusing isn't it?! I was talking about Anna and Philipp from Chateau Le Fleur. They have described SJ and co as their new friends...

Reactions: 6
@Gipsymom Yes, I noticed that he kept averting his eyes and looking up a lot. He was shifty the whole way through.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I hate to bust your bubble but I watched A and P at the local junk shop last night. They were buying stuff they didn't need whilst saying they were on a tight budget (nearly 200 euros spent on overpriced mirrors and frivolities) and arguing over buying a cheap wardrobe that Anna wanted to paint and which Philipp thought was a bit of a cliché. I am worried.
Where did you watch this? (I haven't seen it.). I suppose it depends on what she bought and how she uses it really. She made a good job of the re-upholstery so I'll wait and see. I think her taste is very different to SJ's so I am not too concerned. I too want to like them and so I will persevere..

They did drive off with it all in their trailer and Anna set to work straightaway on the broken chair. I hope it was a 'for the cameras' blip. Let's wait and see as @Lululime suggests.

SJ learned early on how to manipulate people to get what she wants. The damsel in distress surrounded by a crumbling chateau, the 'good little girl' taking care of Mummy and Daddy's flat paintings, the pseudo sexy (ha, ha!) vixen stringing men along, everyone girls and some of the boys best friend, she's a chameleon.
I totally agree. SJ makes my skin crawl. I enjoy the volunteers at LaLande so much more than her insipid banterings. She is SO phony, I wonder what she is like when she is behaving naturally. (Which is probably why she DOESN'T behave naturally on camera, she has forgotten how.) And I recently figured out what it is that makes me dislike her so. She reminds me of a Twilight Zone episode where a young kid is really some kind of monster and has gathered several unrelated people in a house he has conjured up. They're all terrified of him 'cause he has the ability to banish them to whatever Godforsaken place or thing he can think of at the moment. The Twilight Zone (Classic): It's A Good Life - A Very Bad Man - Bing video

Anyway, just my two cents.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
That's half an hour of my life I'm never going to see again. And by the way, Sadie, Grand Frais DOES NOT mean 'big strawberry'. Jesus.
Did she actually say that? I did not catch it in the video. Haha.
And who's this Mo who puts sucre vanillé in a recipe for savoury crepes? WTH.
Is he supposed to be French? Because I am, and let me tell you, you don't put sugar in your crepe preparation if it's for savoury crepes, and certainly not sucre vanillé.

By the way I'm new to this thread, from Michael's video, so Bonjour everybody. :)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Uh oh! That's disappointing news. Let's hope P can keep a tight reign on A about slipping down the SJ rabbit hole.

Ploppityplop2 Post 3666017 He has areas of skills which he could improve. He obviously wants to lead a better life and if so he needs to work on skills such as dining skills, food preparation and presentation as it is glaringly obvious from his "Christmas at the Cottage" vlog with the manhandling of the food by all and lack of any social skills in dining. If SJ was a true friend she would discreetly help him with tips on presentation of food, no diving of hands into communal plates, not turning out food from the dish it's cooked in, onto the serving dish at the table, then throwing the dish aside among the main meal still being consumed. (the Christmas Pudding). Obviously the standard of table manners of his guests is not his fault, but if he knew the correct way to behave when dining, some of his behaviour may rub off on them. It may not seem important but if he wishes to aspire to the chateau life, correct manners are seen by others as your role in society. It's shallow and judgmental but that seems to be the type of people he wishes to associate with. He seems a quick learner - I am sure there are blogs on You Tube showing the correct placement of cutlery and glassware, correct presentation of food, etiquette and use of utensils. First lesson (for the guests) - don't grab food with your bare hands, don't shove large portions of food (potatoes, Yorkshire puddings etc) onto your plate so there is not enough for others, wait until all the guests are seated (including the host) before eating. At least one guest should thank the host and propose a toast before eating. It was like watching a pack of dogs fighting over a single bowl thrown into a kennel. I was brought up having correct etiquette drummed into me and with the adage "You may never dine at Buckingham Palace but you will know how to behave if you do"
Glad I missed this vlog! Dining manners reflect parenting skills.

Reactions: 7
Where did you watch this? (I haven't seen it.). I suppose it depends on what she bought and how she uses it really. She made a good job of the re-upholstery so I'll wait and see. I think her taste is very different to SJ's so I am not too concerned. I too want to like them and so I will persevere..
I rewatched their ETTCDIY episodes so that I could marry what I see now with how they started. I think they work very hard and I like the fact that she stripped the bought chair right back, whereas SJ put hers straight into the winter salon as they were... yuk.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
A thought just popped in my head. I’m pretty sure I saw a post somewhere on FB showing MP‘s designs that were rejected by D&A which he still owns the copyright to 🤔

Reactions: 2
A thought occurs to me - Anna (La FLeur not the other one) is a trained and clearly very sought after textile designer. Is it a coincidence that SJ decides to visit, just as it seems as though Sir Trotter wants to move into wallpaper design? "Just asking for a friend........"

• Wow
Reactions: 13
A thought just popped in my head. I’m pretty sure I saw a post somewhere on FB showing MP‘s designs that were rejected by D&A which he still owns the copyright to 🤔
If the other designs are identifiably close to the final design, it can be seen as a copyright violation as well. Usually covers any derivation of. Hence the ruling in music disputes, a well-known example of George Harrison having to pay over 500,000 in damages to the writers of "He So Fine" because of his song My Sweet Lord's similarities to the latter.

A thought occurs to me - Anna (La FLeur not the other one) is a trained and clearly very sought after textile designer. Is it a coincidence that SJ decides to visit, just as it seems as though Sir Trotter wants to move into wallpaper design? "Just asking for a friend........"
Well I would think if they want to stay on Ettc diy , not such a good idea to get involved ?
:unsure:

I don't think she's doing it for Michael. She will either commission some for Lalande or it might just be that good old fashioned networking with the in people...

Reactions: 5
Did she actually say that? I did not catch it in the video. Haha.
And who's this Mo who puts sucre vanillé in a recipe for savoury crepes? WTH.
Is he supposed to be French? Because I am, and let me tell you, you don't put sugar in your crepe preparation if it's for savoury crepes, and certainly not sucre vanillé.

By the way I'm new to this thread, from Michael's video, so Bonjour everybody. :)
Bienvenue! She actually did say that! I couldn't believe it. She said it before she got there so I assumed at first that she hadn't pronounced the 'e' on both words. Then she drew up outside and I laughed my head off. Oh, yes, and the
sucre vanillé. I agree. I was taught to add a bottle of bière blonde...

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.