Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

FrannyBee

P
And don’t forget she didn’t even get the side with the natural light. That was reserved for Oliver who hasn’t been there painting at all because there is a pandemic! She really is abused by SJ.
Pno Post 3682071 OO! OO! OO! -new idea for SJ. (Sorry MojoDublin and NorrisCS) If Marie'is going velvet sofa shopping, how about opening the space Marie was using for the storage of hedgerow flowers, AS A BROCANTE - "Treasures of LaLaLande" - Member suggestions for a catchy name? All the unwanted stuff received for CATC can be sold and BJJ would make a perfect shop assistant as his sense of style, artistic flair, and display skills could be utilised - after all, with SJ spending half the day in bed, his duties as Page of the Back Stairs can't be too onerous.

If there is enough room, also a furniture restoration area (more work for BJJ and to draw on his upholstery skills, plus all that toile fabric sent in the gift grab could be sold at a mark up for restoration projects) Picture framing department, (pick up frames from local thrift shop, put in prints photocopies from old books and sell as "Historic Visions of LaLaLande") All the old clothes she sorted out and the scarves. bags, dresses etc all from CATC -set up a "Boutique" When Mummeee comes back she could be put to work potting up all those seed packets and there could be a Gardening shop including all the gardening gloves, hats and candles, wind chimes etc (drop hints on vlog - summer's coming Mummee needs new gardening hats, sunscreen (only top brands as Mummeee's skin is so sensitive) - OO OO - Tea rooms? You must have enough China by now (not the Spode, Oh please God not the Spode) Selma could make his Apple and Banana pies, MPK could make his Rose cake - MPK could run the tea rooms or at the very least help BJJ. Can Ma Petherick et al cook for the tea rooms? Could any of the P's help out or assist - I'M ON FIRE - Somebody stop me.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24

Lady Chatalot

Has he not done any in the whole year of lockdown?

I think they send them because they think that she is poor little Stephanie who needs to have cake & chocolate to cheer her up. Because she is living in a crumbling old millstone round her neck & she needs little treats from them. Because they have been led to believe this tale of woe from someone who has a big smile even in the face of such dreadful adversity. What a trooper she is.
I think they send gifts to get recognition. I just can't help but think that so many, not all, of SJs fans are very lonely people who have no one else to fuss over. It's really quite sad when you see hand crochet old-lady scarves in bright synthetic yarns and very cheap 'goodies' being wrapped up as if they are gems from Tiffany's. In a world of limited natural resources, you'd think SJ would request that her fans help save the planet by not buying junk, but then again, SJ seems to have absolutely no sense of environmental concerns. She really does exist in a vacuum when it comes to world events and problems only thinking of self-gratification like her idol Marie Antoinette and we know what happened to her!

• Heart

Lady Chatalot

@brocanteusse

I don't think it is true, it might surprise you the level of intelligence the "stans" have. I think lock down has certainly helped vloggers with patreon accounts, and enabled some to exploit it more than others. When I watched the zoom interview a couple of weeks ago after suffering 90mins of tripe, the audience who at times scared me as to whether they were actually breathing at times suddenly came alive when they could speak at the end, it was very sad because some of these people are very lonely that doesnt make them idiots. Yes for some of us it is cringe worthy but for others its a lifeline. I think patreon should have a ceiling of 5 or per month, thats reasonable. I think if the young couple want to spend €200 thats not a problem they need content for their vlogs, they have done serious work to date all on a budget I don;t think they are being extravagant they deserve a chance. I dont see designer labels etc. I think there is a fine line between being a critique & being nasty. Now that there are so many new members show them that we are a reasonable bunch with some concerns/questions & not a nasty bunch of trolls out to give anyone who wants to make a go of it a hard time. Because SJ & MPK have gone to town on funding it doesnt mean everyone has the same objectives.
I don't know about the rest of you, but I came to this site to let off some steam and have some fun. One person's satirical critique is another person's nasty comments. I'm not going to tell people how to edit themselves, say what you want, be free. If you throw yourself out to the public then you had better be thick skinned enough to take the heat because you're going to get it. I watch the SJs vlogs but not much of MP2 (too boring). I am also a patron of SJ and that's my business. This is all for my entertainment - that's all. I certainly don't take what people post here seriously. It's the yang to the YT comments yin.

• Heart
I wonder if SJ is already planning to try align herself with a very much classier set up in preparation for ditching the Trotters? Chateau La Fleur is clearly way out of her league. SJ needs them far more than they will ever need her.

I agree wholeheartedly with your post.
In particular, without exposure on ETTC, no-one would know who he was. He would be just another drifter, running from one new fad to another. I can't really see him ever changing now. I don't believe he is capable of following any of this through, as well meaning as all the advice that has been forthcoming is. His dad should have taken him aside a long time ago and set him straight - if you want something, you go out and earn it. Life is not usually handed to you on a platter. Exactly the same applies to SJ.
@Jeeves you are correct going by their views it is very possible they will over take SJ & I certainly hope they do. Was she not embarressed to share that trip with her viewers, every where tidy, organised, work finished to a high standard...by themselves & friends, & warm..no need for thermals & layers of clothing with 2 young children, it showed me just how little has been achieved @ the shitooo

• Heart

Lady Chatalot

This is the bit which makes me laugh about all these vloggers etc...what may start off as a method of keeping your family updated on your activities can soon turn into, or be allowed to turn into...a pandoras box of a situation where you end up with thousands of complete strangers thinking you're their best friend!! ...and in her case, because they know the address, yes they could easily just turn up one day without invitation ...well once bloody Covid goes away

I know of people (not on TV) who own a big chateau, who have spent hundreds of thousands on the Reno & interiors, antiques etc and like to show off on IG...and before they know it they have people directly asking for an invite, and like the fools they are...they say oh yes, we are going to organise an open day for you all....who else in the right mind would do that in their normal home?? 😀
I would just love to see random fans showing up at the shat-o without calling ahead or being invited. Swarming around, oohing and awing over every little piece of kitsch, plugging up the plumbing, asking for tea, making themselves at home in the grand salon, and then leaving without cleaning up their mess. After all, SJ has invited fans to stop by but only on the weekends but you know how rabid fans are, they only hear what they want to.

• Haha

Raspberrybrulee

@Clara Burnett, don't get me wrong, I really enjoy your contributions on here as you have a lot of credible insider knowledge that has proved to be most interesting and I'm forever grateful that you brought the colourful Edmond Fokker into our lives. You clearly knew Stephanie personally but intuition tells me that there's a lot more to the story than you just feeling aggrieved on behalf of your Dutch friends. I don't suppose we'll ever find out but I often sit here and wonder.........

• Heart

Rory

VIP Member
RE: The cynaide comment/threat towards D&A and family on SJ's youtube comments/chat. SJ was too busy cleaning to attend premier.

To all those superfans, La La residents or associates and the Trotters.......on this small thread which you have advertised, we have NEVER physically threatened anyone OR incited others to do so. Who is the threatening troll now? MP2 has incited a digital riot. And like Trump he'll say I did not incite anything, they are my supporters.

Unbelievable.

• Heart

Viva La Loca

Chatty Member
if it’s two years then he has some time. I’m sure he will move on elsewhere long before then.
I was thinking a while ago though could he not move it into a barn over winter. It must be so cold. Or maybe it’s warmer than in the chato
His van is very warm - he said so himself whilst laughing at them cold in the big chateau before christmas. He has a modern motorhome that will run on a diesel heating system with perhaps the ability to also use gas as a fuel. Don't worry about Selmar, he is toasty in his van. He's got the best room in la la lande.

• Heart

Pegasus

I thought I would add my tuppence to the MP situation.

ETTC is produced by a production company whose only aim is to make a profitable series with spin offs to raise cash. Angel and Dick are the main characters in this series and they provide their château and allow the cameras to film different problems around their property. There is not enough viewable content so others are brought in. The beauty of this for the production company is they can get all this extra footage for free. In return many of the château owners have benefited by producing YouTube channels.

I don't know what happened over the wallpaper designs but I do know from bitter experience that there are some real sharks out there. I was approached by a production company which was behind producing a series with a household name. I was flattered and excited as I thought this might be the break and exposure I needed. The production company spent hours on the phone, video calls, coming to my home, filming etc. Each time I had to produce items for them to see - all out of my own pocket. Very quickly I was told they were thrilled with me and my items, they wanted to film part of the series in my home, using my props and producing my items with the household name "star". I was really excited.

A friend whispered a caution in my ear to be careful and asked if I had signed any contract - this made me stop and think - when they next contacted me asking me to make and take many of my items to a location for an end of series party again no mention of my expenses. I asked about the contract, it was brushed away saying that I could sign it at the party. This raised alarm bells and I insisted that we were to go any further I needed to see it.

Long story short - the contract was brutal - only my first name would be referred to, I had to sign over all copyright to my items, any photos, film etc of the interior of my home and props became their intellectual property and if anyone sued them for copyright over any of my items I would have to take legal responsibility.

I think there is a lot more to this MP design issue and I believe it's not just down to A and D - the production company I believe has a big hand in all of this as I don't think that the spin off wallpaper etc. profits are just going into A and D's pockets.

I think MP needs to think that perhaps with ETTC he would not have met the other château owners and perhaps would not have the exposure he has had. Its a shame he can't move on and build on the opportunity he's been given.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 23

maximreed

That's half an hour of my life I'm never going to see again. And by the way, Sadie, Grand Frais DOES NOT mean 'big strawberry'. Jesus.
Did she actually say that? I did not catch it in the video. Haha.
And who's this Mo who puts sucre vanillé in a recipe for savoury crepes? WTH.
Is he supposed to be French? Because I am, and let me tell you, you don't put sugar in your crepe preparation if it's for savoury crepes, and certainly not sucre vanillé.

By the way I'm new to this thread, from Michael's video, so Bonjour everybody. :)

• Heart
  • Haha

peony89

Why the Pethericks thought it was a good idea to have numerous channels based at the same property has one answer - pure greed. If they really wanted to show their renovation story they should have put out a video once a month and forget patreon, go fund me, buy me a coffee etc. Instead they are all struggling for content.

Billy and Gwen should have come up with a fair split from Michael’s channel for using their property & renovations as content and let him get on with making the vlogs on his own. Take into account the free advertising he is giving you for the B&B rentals. They’ve done pretty well getting the gardeners cottage done up for nothing.

• Heart

Lady Chatalot

I’ve been in pretty much constant lockdown for almost a year ( work obligations with the elderly) so all the farting about with guests and travelling about willy nilly with ne’er a care really f*£king grinds my gears, as they say. Not to mention the fact that I’ve not seen my family for months. Sorry for the burst. All the MP girning and giant explosion of displaced sympathy has given me a lot of food for thought.
I’m still up for doing a fantasy Panto cast list though.
Same. I haven't seen my family in over a year. I don't even socialize in person with my friends that live nearby. What I find the most insulting is when Fanny was justifying having all those holiday parties so that the rest of us poor peons could share in their joy! Like she was doing all of us a big favor. Well, that is Marie Antoinette all over.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

MojoDublin

VIP Member
There is Angelina and Phil chateau life and then Anna and Phillip Chateau Le Fleur. How about not confuse the two if you’re going to talk shit about them?
with the greatest of respect ✊

all things considered 🙁

please go read the rules of Tattle
this is not Fb

• Heart

Jeeves

VIP Member
Jeez, you don't think FR was doing A Tutorial? "How to shove a dandelion in a jam jar". Heavens to Murgatroyd, Anna would have been better looking at flower arranging by a professional on YouTube,
The only thing Anna and SSB have in common is that they are both blond!
Anna is talented and productive - the wallpaper that she designed for the bedroom is gorgeous. That's how you do it, MP! Anna is, of course, a trained textile designer and not an amateur dabbler.
Their Chateau is understated and elegant and Anna and Philip work hard to produce a comfortable (and warm) family home. Philip is witty and they don't need to resort to the carry ons and continuous begging (although I understand that they do have a Patreon account.)
I really hope that they don't continue to associate with SJ or the Trotters in the future. They certainly don't need them.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Jeeves

VIP Member
Angel is getting lambasted but I'm sure they're keeping their powder very very dry for a walloping defense! Meanwhile one sample posting... 😂😂😂
Wow,, that's going to hit them where it hurts. This person is going to burn her recipe book.cards and linen - how will they recover from that body blow? Wait a minute, if this crazy poster has already paid for the merchandise, exactly who is suffering the loss?💪😂 🔥

• Haha

Jeeves

VIP Member
[QUOTE="Rory, post: 3680000, member: 157649"
On the patreon video he discovered fish fossils in one of the dairy floor pavers. Level of intetest by SJ ...low. I thought it was incredibly interesting. In Greece if people find ruins on their land (eg digging for a well or something), it is often not reported as people don't want the govt hassle. Imagine if the lake bed was declared some historical dig!
[/QUOTE]

I knew the dairy was damp but had no idea that it was that damp!🐟

• Haha

MsPitstop

VIP Member
I starting getting a hint of Michael’s problems with delivering on promises about 4 months ago. I was a patron, but when I saw all the LV luggage and figured out he was wearing a $350 cologne, I quit with him. He’s also stated in Patron vlogs that he failed at hairdressing because he started hiding from his clients who needed their extensions dealt with, even though he was making really good money.

Seems this is his pattern. He’s gets where he’s doing well and then just crashes. It’s either a personality disorder or a character flaw of some kind. This latest video was just god awful. I’ve noticed his brother dragging him in his videos for not getting his videos out. I think the family is quite used to his behavior and doesn’t appreciate it. However, he does have a bit of star quality and they need him for that, so I’m sure they tolerate it. As you do with family.

I voted with my pocketbook so I’m not sore. I just don’t expect anything from him, and he doesn’t deliver, so that’s that.
I just saw a post from one of his fans saying they have doubled the amount of Patreon money after his *sob sob* Vlog. FFS people, this is just what he wanted!

• Sick
  • Wow

TheTaxInspector

VIP Member
Poem for the Patrons

Her mother is a peasant
And is moche comme tout
Her daddy thought he was Picasso
And was completely fou
Put the two things together
And this is what you get
A lazy, greedy, talentless thing
Who thinks she's Marie-Antoinette
Who spends her days making silly vlogs
And mistaking lambs for frogs
She's bitten off more than she can chew
And is begging for money from fools like you!

• Heart

Mand

oh but Marie spent Christmas and New Years with different people. Mari Mari darling some of us have not seen friends or family for months/ well nearly a year because of the pandemic.
I’ve been in pretty much constant lockdown for almost a year ( work obligations with the elderly) so all the farting about with guests and travelling about willy nilly with ne’er a care really f*£king grinds my gears, as they say. Not to mention the fact that I’ve not seen my family for months. Sorry for the burst. All the MP girning and giant explosion of displaced sympathy has given me a lot of food for thought.
I’m still up for doing a fantasy Panto cast list though.

• Heart

Devoncream

I think they send gifts to get recognition. I just can't help but think that so many, not all, of SJs fans are very lonely people who have no one else to fuss over. It's really quite sad when you see hand crochet old-lady scarves in bright synthetic yarns and very cheap 'goodies' being wrapped up as if they are gems from Tiffany's. In a world of limited natural resources, you'd think SJ would request that her fans help save the planet by not buying junk, but then again, SJ seems to have absolutely no sense of environmental concerns. She really does exist in a vacuum when it comes to world events and problems only thinking of self-gratification like her idol Marie Antoinette and we know what happened to her!
Absolutely bang on. That's what infuriates me about the Cadeaux vlog: it feeds that need the lonely have to see themselves acknowledged on a public channel and exploits it remorselessly.

Reactions: 21