Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

bibisilver

Not a friend at all

I’m a million miles away in NZ. Found CD during our lockdown and appreciate how SJ elevates spirits and encourages and includes her viewers. No matter how misguided some believe it to be, during the dark days of Covid 19 people have appreciated these sorts of shows as an escapism.
I don't think anyone is against the show as entertainment, and a great mental escape to these times we're all living. I think that's why many of us are here, because we enjoy the vlogs (most of the time, except the shameful gift show) and in my case, I joined last year because I didn't feel free on YT (I don't belong to the FB groups or any other) to make any comments that seemed to question SJ or her cast of characters, without being called a troll.
I feel here there's freedom to express yourself about what you like and don't like about Stephanie and TCD, and make good fun of things too.
Haven't been around for a while, but I personally welcome you and hope you enjoy expressing yourself freely.
Bienvenue
;)

• Heart
Reactions: 20

Fuzzypeg

You have found the real reason for SJ’s visit, who is always looking for talented people to ‘befriend’, so she can wheel in free stuff through her charm. Of course she’s bringing the free workforce, the minions/slaves she thoroughly corrupted before by promises of entourage benefits. Hope the couple sees throug the cheap con quickly!
Her lovely husband is also a professional film maker , hence the high quality vlog right from the get go .:)
I was so disappointed to see SJ had visited and that they have also started a Patreon account. :confused:
The chateau is lovely and the vlogs fun and not too long . They definately have a handle on doing the renovation in the correct order .... heating as a priority!
I think they have the makings of being the most successful of them all . :unsure:

• Heart

Jeeves

VIP Member
It's a shame to hear that she is inviting Anna and Philip from Chateau La Fleur at Honfleur to their Come Dine With Me. They really would be wise to stay away from the circus of Lalande and Basmaignee.

• Heart

Yankee Doodle

Gotta rant here....

I'm sorry, this may just be me being pissy but why is it only "stupid Americans" that you're targeting here? They receive packages from all over the world and, gleaning from the comments, her Patrons are from all over the world, also. I am NOT a Patron but I am an American and I'm personally offended by this remark. And I do NOT get offended easily!

Rant over...sorry.
We are always "Stupid Americans" until they want something, then we are Best Friends.

• Wow
  • Haha

Rory

VIP Member
I do not support a summary of the details beyond what I have suggested. As stated at the start of each thread is a summary of the previous one. I suspect superfans wishing to bait users (not meaning to offend anyone but that's how it looks).
What must be stressed no-one on this thread has discussed sharing any info on any other social media (except myself re wallpaper-gate commenting when others raised it on instagram). So the only way people would know of Tattle is through Brenda, MP2, SJ directing people here. Or like myself googling one day and coming across the thread.

• Heart

Lady Chatalot

Oh dear. I expect there are flames coming out of Natti's calculator trying to work out what financial liabilities there might be.
Nati would be well off not getting involved with the shat-o finances other than the B&B. It's best to be out of the loop if you think something fishy is going on with the books. Better yet, plan a quick exit when you see the suits driving up the pink driveway!
Cool, as I dont wish to contribute in any way, shape or form, to the SJ purse, next time I see an ad that does not give me the option to skip but tells me I will see video after the 30, 15 whatever second ad ends, I'll frickin' well hop right off YT before that ad ends! Thank You.
I'm free from Patreron! The many posts here pointing out SJs assets convinced me to put my $5.45 elsewhere. Three things that sent me over the edge: 1) That get-away trip with Mummy and Hani to the very expensive hotel in the south of France - I myself have never stayed in anything so expensive! 2) Hiring that imbecile BJJ! I can't stand the thought of helping support him in any way. What a leach! 3) Even if all the Patreon money is spent on renovation, the improvements benefit the owners of the shat-o as it will add value to the property. I doubt very much that when the heap-in-the-middle-of-nowhere is sold that any patron will receive a kick-back. SJ keeps going on that she will never sell. How the hell does she know that?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19

Orchid Grower

Is there a backstory as to why she hasn't gone back to her home country? I mean in these weird times I think that would be where I would want to go and presumably get some social security style benefits and/or stay with friends or family. And IMO if I had started to see through who I was living in close proximity to on a daily basis, I might want to get out of a toxic environment no matter what the cost. I think that is why she is getting scratchy in the videos because she can see she is being used & no roof over the head can be worth that perhaps.
I am a new member and this is my first post. I have noticed that most of you are not and maybe have never been patrons. I have been a patron of most of the people you discuss and I searched for this site after Michael mentioned it. If you WERE a patron of Marie, you would know the answers to these questions and more.

Marie planned to go home for Christmas and then she was moving to England to start her business. All of these plans were thrown into disarray by the pandemic worsening and she was unable to travel. She was very sad about not going home because she has not been home in a very long time and is missing her family. The holidays were probably very difficult for her for this reason. As well, she appears to be an introvert (Selmar, too, I think) so she likely needs time by herself to recharge. At times when the Chateau is full and there is a lot of cooking to be done, she has worked long hours. Then, she fits in time for filming and editing which is very very time-consuming, in addition to the work she has done. Her Patreon chats appear to be very frank and I feel certain she would not be at Lalande unless the arrangements were working to her advantage.

Jeeves

VIP Member
Oh Fuzzypeg I agree with you. I felt a real disappointment when I saw SJ inhabiting their chateau . And even they have started up Patreon. So tediously money grabbing to jump on the bandwagon. Especially so early on. If they hadn’t teamed up with LOTL I may have followed then. I definitely won’t be doing that now.
I don't have a gripe with Patreon per se - as long as there is some kind of return for the investment for example, seeing someone bring a lovely chateau back to life. I felt that watching their videos, that I gained something from it, the upholstery of the chair, the gilding of the mirror. Ok, it wasn't a tutorial nor was it intended to be but it did give an indication of the process and the care with which they renovate their home.
LOLL and MPK are more concerned with what they can buy for themselves. I think anyone may aspire to live in a beautiful home like Chateau La Fleur but seriously, who would wish to live in the chaos of Lalande (more like a tart's boudoir than an elegant chateau), the funereal gloom of Basmaignee or indeed, the mishmash of styles in the hobbit house.

Looking at some of the photographs on the La Fleur Instagram page, SJ looking like the cat that swallowed the cream. I think the boobs hanging out of her dress were not meant to be appealing to Baby Phil, she might have her eye on a more sophisticated gentleman! Don't think you'll manage to score there, Steph - why on earth would he be tempted?😉. I think he's probably a little too clean cut and decent for you - definitely not your type.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha

Jeeves

VIP Member
Facts really don't mean nothing anyway
Sorry but the pedant in me has to point out that "facts that don't mean nothing", actually mean something.
Apologies, I just can't help myself. I spend far too much time with a red pen in my hand.🤭
I imagine we all bring aspects of our day jobs here but battle to keep them under control. As my other half frequently points out, "No-one like a smarty pants dear!"

Last edited:
  • Haha

Mand

She's not above making mistakes when she's quoting poems or Shakespeare and talking about paintings! There have been several slip ups!
I’ve always been quite vicariously proud of how articulate and eloquent the Tattlers are. The difference in register and spelling between the discussion here and the gutter English often displayed on the fan pages and in the YouTube comments is quite something.

Last edited:
  • Heart

MojoDublin

VIP Member
I’ll leave this here

as of tonight I’m on a pethericks diet
what I loved 🥰 initially has gone toxic

"I've learned that people will forget what you said,

people will forget what you did,

but people will never forget how you made them feel."

- Maya Angelou

• Heart

Rory

VIP Member
From today's vlog. "We have all had covid tests" drive 6 hours. Stop at supermarket for food and flowers (ie public mixing). Arrive chateau. "We will eat seperately as we don't have our results until tomorrow". JMJ (catholic thing) how dumb are these people.

• Heart
  • Sad

Subzero

I think many just send gifts as thank you's for the vlogs. Stephanie was putting out so many videos a week at one point one can't say it wasn't impressive. Vlogging and editing does require time , energy, and work. Her channel is providing entertainment and I don't see anything wrong w her getting compensated just like all the other crazy YouTubers out there (who provide much less interesting content)! However, I agree about the gift giving. It's getting ridiculously over the top. Can't the fans see this?! I don't know if the gift sending will start to decrease but I hope so! There is just so many now and it's not really as special. If people want to send them gifts fine but I think Stephanie needs to buckle up and stop vlogging them which just encourages more to be sent. Thank the senders privately like other YouTubers do.

End rant.

• Sad
  • Haha

Raspberrybrulee

Please skip over this post if you're only interested in Chateau de La lande.

Sorry to derail the thread a bit but as a lot of us aren't getting out too much at the moment I thought I'd throw in another rabbit hole for people to pop down if they're bored/interested. Does anyone remember the three sisters from Oxfordshire in the first series of Escape to the Chateau DIY? They were called Tanya, Marion and Catherine I believe and their beautiful chateau Bois Giraud is in the Loire Valley. They use it themselves but also rent it out. I was intrigued by them and did a bit of research as I wondered about their back story and how they came to own such a beautiful chateau jointly. It turns out they are titled and they were given the chateau by their father the Earl of Macclesfield.

His story is incredible. His family privately own a very beautiful 14th century medieval castle in Oxfordshire which despite being Grade l listed has never been open to the public - it's known as England's lost castle because although it exists it is completely hidden to the outside world in the middle of its own vast and heavily forested acres. The court case involving the Earl was intriguing and although his cousins eventually succeeded in evicting him he ended up laughing as he owned the entire castle contents including a perfectly preserved and rare time capsule library which sparked an international bidding war and netted him around £20 million. The crown jewel was the beautifully illustrated Macclesfield Psalter but there were also original works by astronomers Galileo and Copernicus. He also sold a painting by Stubbs for about £6 million.

Lady Tanya (the oldest daughter and one of the chateau owners and seemingly very down to earth) is involved in a fight for a seat in the House of Lords as due to ancient primogeniture laws she is currently not eligible.

Some links here:-

• Heart
How did she manage to get the current flat in London?? She sold her other one to buy the Chateau with Nick....so what's up with this second London flat? Flats in London arent cheap and she said in her chateau finances video, she never even broke even until this year!?
New member here! As result of MP's video I looked y'all up. See I read the glossary.

I have same question about the London flat. I have been confused ever since I saw she STILL HAS a London flat. She says in many videos that she raised money for Lalonde by she and Nic selling their flats. With the additional detail in the "Egyptologist" video that she sold her flat out from under Pott's feet. Then, she says she struggled financially with the chateau ever since (despite the chateau being fully and lushly furnished and window-dressed hmmmmm I've seen the Wedgwood on the mantel). Thus sad story, need help, need money.

Key question, I can't find answer: When was this London flat acquired? After she bought the chateau? If so, why wasn't money for the flat put into the chateau instead? I'm very confused. But now, maybe not so confused after reading here a bit and questioning SJ intentions.

My "credentials": I was one of the people who enjoyed CD since discovering it during lockdowns. Appreciated the entertainment. I'm not a Patron and use ad-blocker. Enough of the cadeau, so many plates, teacups, teapots, porcelain. Instead of the cadeau channel why not tell people the gifts were appreciated, it's been fun, but we have enough now, if you feel urge to give, please donate directly to "abc" worthy cause we support -- and film something about the worthy cause, interview them, show what they do. Then, it's not about SJ and friends, it's truly about the cause. Tomaz's list of tasks was alarming, sickening. I know someone interested in volunteering. Not sure they're cynical enough, don't want a dream broken, and don't want to see a broken heart.

Can I make a gentle suggestion that might help all the new people like me who feel concerns? Can you make a single-post thread that contains the hard facts about the financial and volunteer issues? There's a post in this thread with a recap but where is the evidence, you're asking us to go through thousands of posts to find it. Who has time for that? Your message will get lost. If your intention is to protect vulnerable people from getting sucked in and donating their money and time, put the financial and volunteer facts in one fast easy place for us. Please consider.

• Heart

Lady Chatalot

What a remarkable similarity between MPK, Tomaz and Baby Phil though. Can you imagine all three getting together and vying for Madam's affections?
Madam would love that! I can just see these 3 stooges banging into each other as they take her tea and croissants. "I was here first!" "No, I was. She likes me best," as he pushes the dear boy down the spiral steps.

"May all your doughnuts turn out like Fanny's"
images.jpg
I had never heard of Fanny before. Just insert SJ in about 15-20 years.

• Haha
  • Heart

Jeeves

VIP Member
Her lovely husband is also a professional film maker , hence the high quality vlog right from the get go .:)
I was so disappointed to see SJ had visited and that they have also started a Patreon account. :confused:
The chateau is lovely and the vlogs fun and not too long . They definately have a handle on doing the renovation in the correct order .... heating as a priority!
I think they have the makings of being the most successful of them all . :unsure:
I wonder if SJ is already planning to try align herself with a very much classier set up in preparation for ditching the Trotters? Chateau La Fleur is clearly way out of her league. SJ needs them far more than they will ever need her.

I thought I would add my tuppence to the MP situation.

I think MP needs to think that perhaps with ETTC he would not have met the other château owners and perhaps would not have the exposure he has had. Its a shame he can't move on and build on the opportunity he's been given.
I agree wholeheartedly with your post.
In particular, without exposure on ETTC, no-one would know who he was. He would be just another drifter, running from one new fad to another. I can't really see him ever changing now. I don't believe he is capable of following any of this through, as well meaning as all the advice that has been forthcoming is. His dad should have taken him aside a long time ago and set him straight - if you want something, you go out and earn it. Life is not usually handed to you on a platter. Exactly the same applies to SJ.

Last edited: