The Chateau Diaries #12 Carry on grifting

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm sure they're looking. She might think she can charm herself out of this one too, but I doubt it. Perks of putting a spotlight on your dump in the middle of nowhere...

I'm feeding her? Little do you know her. She does not need any excuses for begging, because she does not consider it to be begging. She thinks she's entitled to it all for working so hard and her entourage is too afraid to tell her otherwise.
You misunderstood me. I meant as she gets all the Tattle info that you are giving her ideas for excuses. I know all about her sense of entitlement.

To where? In the middle of the current situation I guess work might be hard for him to come by.

Reactions: 3
You misunderstood me. I meant as she gets all the Tattle info that you are giving her ideas for excuses. I know all about her sense of entitlement.
No it's you who misunderstands the severity of her condition: she does not need ideas for excuses.

To where? In the middle of the current situation I guess work might be hard for him to come by.
To wherever he came from? I mean, he can repatriate, can't he?

Nice avatar Clara!😉 good pickup re campervan law... poor Selmar.
He still chooses to be there, because he feels it's an opportunity. The only thing to feel poor about, is that he's not protected in any way.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
There's a downstairs gite too. Anyway, I get it that he's more comfortable in his own mobile home, but my question is, is it legal?
It's legal. His decision to sleep in his camper doesn't come out of necessity. There's a room in the house for him.

Reactions: 3
It's legal. His decision to sleep in his camper doesn't come out of necessity. There's a room in the house for him.
But, as I understand the rules, for him to keep using his camper van, she should get permission from the planning authorities to make it legal. There's many rooms in that house, not just for him, it doesn't make it legal for everybody to go camp there.

Reactions: 6
Jeeves Post 3668008 I've never watched much of MPK or The Pethericks at all, so I've never seen a pic of Ma. My goodness does she kneel next to Pa's armchair whilst he watches teev, so he can put his drink on her head or have they finally bought a side table?

NorrisCS 3675081 If she's a convicted criminal why isn't SJ more careful in accepting money from her? Does SJ check where the money comes from - Is it more than $10K NZ and need to be declared under money laundering laws?
I do not know the answers to these questions... :D but when I say JS throws money at them looking at maybe around NZ$100 or a bit more, nothing in the $10K range!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
[QUOTE="Rory, post: 3680000, member: 157649"
On the patreon video he discovered fish fossils in one of the dairy floor pavers. Level of intetest by SJ ...low. I thought it was incredibly interesting. In Greece if people find ruins on their land (eg digging for a well or something), it is often not reported as people don't want the govt hassle. Imagine if the lake bed was declared some historical dig!
[/QUOTE]

I knew the dairy was damp but had no idea that it was that damp!🐟

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Kickintheass Post 3669925 She's going to have to cut back on filming in the local brocantes and op shops 'cos if the crap gifts which keep turning up from the fans, and which are rejected by SJ and probably bagged up and sent to "donate", show up in filming and the fans see their gifts in a charity shop, there's going to be tears before bedtime. Patrons will be pulling the plug and no more Spode and Limoge for you my girl. No treats and chocolates in the same parcels. SJ note to self. "You have to drop names like "Spode" "Hermes" "Limoge" "Fortnum & Mason" more often. Tip - Film linen cupboard and bemoan difficulty in finding antique linen - would love some ...... (define items) Ditto - china room. Suggest cutlery room/cabinet required. Open empty cabinet and bemoan lack of antique cutlery, silver trays, silver anything - need to be specific to avoid EPNS and Glass (too easily broken) I can hear the creaking of china cabinet doors opening everywhere and the fans going through grandma's and Great Aunt Agatha's bottom drawers from Kansas City to Toronto just to hear a thank you from SJ on CATC - Tip to fans. To ensure you get a proper thank you (insert squeal here) check china for maker's make (no made in Japan) and cutlery etc (no EPNS) and first maybe check with your local antique dealer or Jeweller as some items can be very valuable and you may wish to re-think your "donation" - some Spode can be worth 100's of pounds and some antique silver very valuable.
Ah FrannyBee... would you stop giving them ideas!!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I had a look at le croix honnet, nicely filmed and mostly diy, so fairly interesting, but anna is highly irritating, as someone said too giggly and child like. She behaves like his little pet, made me uncomfortable.
I totally agree with comments re Anna's irritating giggle, but the point i was making was that these are well-made (by amateurs) vlogs which are all about the DIY and the restoration: NO Patreon, NO buymeacoffee, NO begging bowl of any kind.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
But, as I understand the rules, for him to keep using his camper van, she should get permission from the planning authorities to make it legal. There's many rooms in that house, not just for him, it doesn't make it legal for everybody to go camp there.
His permanent address is in the chateau. He's not a homeless drifter. The law is there to prevent people living indefinitely in caravans on empty lots, on the roadside etc. unauthorized places, even if privately owned (courtyard of a chateau is an authorized place btw.) If he wants to make his camper his official home, then he needs to apply permits from the authorities (and SJ), but since he's officially living in the chateau, there's no need for the permit. No law prohibits keeping a camper fully operational in the courtyard and sleeping in it, just not as an official residence, like in trailer parks with their own mailboxes, garden gnomes and patio furniture.

Reactions: 11
No it's you who misunderstands the severity of her condition: she does not need ideas for excuses.

To wherever he came from? I mean, he can repatriate, can't he?

He still chooses to be there, because he feels it's an opportunity. The only thing to feel poor about, is that he's not protected in any way.
I thought he had changed his numberplate to a French one? I can assure you I am completely aware of Jarvis condition. I have read all the threads, I am aware of your friends. I understand how people have been taken advantage of. I am saying that it appears that she is using Tattle as a means of cleaning up her act or using comments from here to reflect what is included in her vlogs.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Which group is this from? I thought Phillip is doing social media. Are they no longer deleting any comments that might people think / put one and one together

I thought he had changed his numberplate to a French one? I can assure you I am completely aware of Jarvis condition. I have read all the threads, I am aware of your friends. I understand how people have been taken advantage of. I am saying that it appears that she is using Tattle as a means of cleaning up her act or using comments from here to reflect what is included in her vlogs.
It would be good if they do take it on board. I don’t think it happens enough. They often film in advance. Maybe Phillip will up his game as co producer / director / artistic director of the chato diaries.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Marie, Selmar and Philip all appear to be lost souls, albeit the Page of the Back Stairs is brasher than the other two. Surely he has to be hiding from something. It's not normal for a young man of his age to be traipsing around trying to ingratiate himself with a woman almost old enough to be his mother. I wonder what his parents make of it? I hope Cat's parent have taken the opportunity to shake her by the shoulders, although she did at least have an online job managing a virtual choir, so not completely wasting her time like the other poor sods.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
@Clara Burnett, don't get me wrong, I really enjoy your contributions on here as you have a lot of credible insider knowledge that has proved to be most interesting and I'm forever grateful that you brought the colourful Edmond Fokker into our lives. You clearly knew Stephanie personally but intuition tells me that there's a lot more to the story than you just feeling aggrieved on behalf of your Dutch friends. I don't suppose we'll ever find out but I often sit here and wonder.........

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I wonder how he handles the grey and black waters yuck! Maybe that’s why he leaves often to dispose of all the 💩 ? 😱

I totally agree with comments re Anna's irritating giggle, but the point i was making was that these are well-made (by amateurs) vlogs which are all about the DIY and the restoration: NO Patreon, NO buymeacoffee, NO begging bowl of any kind.
Wait my dear, wait...it’s coming. They’re friends with the trotters, need I say more?

Reactions: 5
Kickintheass Post 3669925 She's going to have to cut back on filming in the local brocantes and op shops 'cos if the crap gifts which keep turning up from the fans, and which are rejected by SJ and probably bagged up and sent to "donate", show up in filming and the fans see their gifts in a charity shop, there's going to be tears before bedtime. Patrons will be pulling the plug and no more Spode and Limoge for you my girl. No treats and chocolates in the same parcels. SJ note to self. "You have to drop names like "Spode" "Hermes" "Limoge" "Fortnum & Mason" more often. Tip - Film linen cupboard and bemoan difficulty in finding antique linen - would love some ...... (define items) Ditto - china room. Suggest cutlery room/cabinet required. Open empty cabinet and bemoan lack of antique cutlery, silver trays, silver anything - need to be specific to avoid EPNS and Glass (too easily broken) I can hear the creaking of china cabinet doors opening everywhere and the fans going through grandma's and Great Aunt Agatha's bottom drawers from Kansas City to Toronto just to hear a thank you from SJ on CATC - Tip to fans. To ensure you get a proper thank you (insert squeal here) check china for maker's make (no made in Japan) and cutlery etc (no EPNS) and first maybe check with your local antique dealer or Jeweller as some items can be very valuable and you may wish to re-think your "donation" - some Spode can be worth 100's of pounds and some antique silver very valuable.
His permanent address is in the chateau. He's not a homeless drifter. The law is there to prevent people living indefinitely in caravans on empty lots, on the roadside etc. unauthorized places, even if privately owned (courtyard of a chateau is an authorized place btw.) If he wants to make his camper his official home, then he needs to apply permits from the authorities (and SJ), but since he's officially living in the chateau, there's no need for the permit. No law prohibits keeping a camper fully operational in the courtyard and sleeping in it, just not as an official residence, like in trailer parks with their own mailboxes, garden gnomes and patio furniture.
He does move it from time to time anyway - when he goes off on his ‘jaunts’.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.