The Chateau Diaries #110 By the way, her Dutch love child is a talentless Prig

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think we can put FRK in the same category as squirrel boy especially since her recent behaviour. We gave her pass for awhile thinking she was starting to thrive only for her true nature to resurface.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
@Albee I can’t remember if she said people or nights when she quoted numbers. I think she could easily have achieved this from patreons. I mean the Americans who bought a chateau - party of 3 x 2 nights - 6 covers already. Then Jason, Stewart fly undone, gay pastor plus one, strange mini mouse lady, random gay couples, Mr &Mrs LaLande - easily another 20 covers.
I really liked the mouse in a little suit case. As a child I wanted a dolls house but didn't have one. The suitcases are very cute and easier to store. I liked how they were so personalised, and think I might make one for myself at some stage. My hubby has been collecting model trains, so I think one little suitcase isn't too nuts in comparison!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Where can i see the dirty pantry Dan has been working on please? The last vlog of his i saw had the pantry all emptied out. I wanna see mess!,🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Where can i see the dirty pantry Dan has been working on please? The last vlog of his i saw had the pantry all emptied out. I wanna see mess!,🤪
Yes missed an opportunity for a good vlog of the pantry being emptied. But I imagine Fanny vetoed that. Hopefully we will see it refilled?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
RE: Prenup Stephanie addressed the issue of prenups in a video before IJ & Percy’s wedding. People were quite concerned. So she said not to worry that Percy’s family were also insisting on a prenup. I thought at the time that I bet they were! I have often wondered how on the plane ride Isabelle managed to eventually get his attention as he apparently ignored her and buried his face in his reading material.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
RE: Prenup Stephanie addressed the issue of prenups in a video before IJ & Percy’s wedding. People were quite concerned. So she said not to worry that Percy’s family were also insisting on a prenup. I thought at the time that I bet they were! I have often wondered how on the plane ride Isabelle managed to eventually get his attention as he apparently ignored her and buried his face in his reading material.
IJ told him he didn't need to pretend to read his book if he didn't want to talk to her, and the rest is history.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
What he calls building a workshop is something he should have had from the very beginning when he started his first repairs on the house. It's called keeping your stuff in order. Just common sense. Everytime he bought a tool he should have immediately found a proper spot for it -he proved that he is able to build shelves, so why didn't he kept his stuff in order? And voilà, after a while you have a clean and tidy workshop. What he is doing now is just tidying his mess. It's a shame, but to complete a job one needs to leave a workzone clean and organizing your tools before starting the next. He likes the magic of starting something new and seeing fast progress and getting the praise for the before/ after effect but not so much the dull not so fun part of it. This barn is a safety hazard for the kids and really I don't understand how they both ever don't feel ashamed to show it to the world. Other mums won't let their kids visit the boys for a play date if the grounds are like this. He might work long hours but how stupid if all we can see is a messy and dirty plot and house
The cleanliness and order of Amuary's workshop has embarrassed Dan up to clean up his act a bit.

Reactions: 23
IJ also needs a prenup to protect her own assets.
Exactly. Percy has kids. Can't let assets go that direction. IJ seems whip smart.

There are too many families where the step-children got the assets and the marriage was very late in life. Gotta protect yourself from that!

Reactions: 15
Then why isn't he doing it? Didn't he indicate a long time ago, that he was going to start a cooking vlog....what happened to that?
I think the cooking vlog was too much work for him. It's probably much easier to just film the goings on at the HMN and driving around in the van. With the cooking, he would have to plan and maybe even practice. I was looking forward to his cooking channel. He jumped on the "Daily Vlog" plan instead. I don't want to see anyone's daily life as after a while it becomes monotonous. No one is that exciting everyday.

Reactions: 19
I have the impression that Dan likes to feel accomplished in most things that he tackles and I suspect he wanted to ramp up his filming skills for his own sake. Perhaps the studio was a way to declutter their small home and get all of his equipment into one place. I agree that he was really on to something with his cooking videos but they didn't seem to hold his attention for long. It's interesting, to me, to see the renovations but I am always left a little disappointed by the decorating - the furniture they want is often out of stock so they 'make do' with something else.
Proper pre-planning is not in Dan's tool bag! More like everyday is a Brico day!

Reactions: 14
Then why isn't he doing it? Didn't he indicate a long time ago, that he was going to start a cooking vlog....what happened to that?
He's said there just isn't time for it ... which seems obvious when he's got a job, doing renos at his own place and has a family. His kitchen is there and waiting when he has time or wants to change content in that direction. I think it would be very challenging to try to do with the noise of kids in the house, I think the few he did were late at night, if I remember right.

I only ever remember seeing it in a tour vlog from around March/April 2020 of the behind the scenes areas ... don't even remember if we say much of it then.

edit to add this:

Reactions: 11
I watched Dan’s latest vlog “Chateau Walls Laid Bare” and I thought it was good. But, what I found really interesting, though, are all the things Dan managed to work into the video…he conveyed a lot of information in a short amount of time. He was really very smart:

1) Dan made sure to wear a respirator and goggles to make sure he’s not called out on safety (like we did here when he worked on his studio)
2) He mentioned several times that it’s best to remove all the old plaster to make sure the new plaster adheres properly…he said he wants to make sure its done “right way” (addressing concerns that things aren’t done properly at the chateau)
3) He mentioned that he had discussed the pantry plans with SJ earlier that day, letting the viewers know that she’s still the boss and she calls the shots
4) He said he wanted to make sure the walls are smooth as possible to help with cleaning (again, it’s been said many times that cleaning is an issue!)
5) He set a timeframe on what he’s doing, what’s next, and when he expects to finish

To be honest, that’s the kind of employee that I would love to have on my payroll. Not only was he doing the job and making progress, he craftily incorporated comments into the vlog to address concerns many people have raised…I thought that was really smart! (or brilliant as they say in the UK! 😊). SJ would do good by having more vloggers or employees/volunteers like Dan to make her “look good” (or as good as they can make her look!). (Unlike Snorts…he makes SJ look like she’s lost her mind!).

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
I watched Dan’s latest vlog “Chateau Walls Laid Bare” and I thought it was good. But, what I found really interesting, though, are all the things Dan managed to work into the video…he conveyed a lot of information in a short amount of time. He was really very smart:

1) Dan made sure to wear a respirator and goggles to make sure he’s not called out on safety (like we did here when he worked on his studio)
2) He mentioned several times that it’s best to remove all the old plaster to make sure the new plaster adheres properly…he said he wants to make sure its done “right way” (addressing concerns that things aren’t done properly at the chateau)
3) He mentioned that he had discussed the pantry plans with SJ earlier that day, letting the viewers know that she’s still the boss and she calls the shots
4) He set a timeframe on what he’s doing, what’s next, and when he expects to finish

To be honest, that’s the kind of employee that I would love to have on my payroll. Not only was he doing the job and making progress, he craftily incorporated comments into the vlog to address concerns many people have raised…I thought that was really smart! (or brilliant as they say in the UK! 😊). SJ would do good by having more vloggers or employees/volunteers like Dan to make her “look good” (or as good as they can make her look!). (Unlike Snorts…he makes SJ look like she’s lost her mind!).
I agree! And if he's careful, he can show us lots, but leave the final grand reveal for her to show. I sure hope they do the wine storage area too ... it would be cool to have a small table and 2 chairs in there. If a nice full wall wine rack was against one wall I could see it working.

I'm curious if he's catching footage of work Ian is doing for her to use when she's back. Would be so smart of her to have him doing that. Guess we'll find out.

Reactions: 15
I like diggers, ride on mowers, gardening, DIY, drones, cameras, getting dirty, having showers, handbags, shoes, shopping for clothes and in Wickes DIY stores, Spring cleaning and organisation ....what does that make me ?
Some Tattlers do make sweeping statements re Male/Female/Gay/Straight likes, dislikes, habits, and actions in this thread.
Its a joke .
I wish my hubby had a digger ..... I would like a new garden bed!:)

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I agree! And if he's careful, he can show us lots, but leave the final grand reveal for her to show. I sure hope they do the wine storage area too ... it would be cool to have a small table and 2 chairs in there. If a nice full wall wine rack was against one wall I could see it working.

I'm curious if he's catching footage of work Ian is doing for her to use when she's back. Would be so smart of her to have him doing that. Guess we'll find out.
Yes! I mean, the content in the vlog (removing the plaster in the pantry) wasn’t all that interesting. But sometimes a vlog about “removing plaster” isn’t really about that at all. In this case, I think it was more than that…Dan did a good job of trying to regain control of the narrative. It was kind of fascinating…pretty slick, actually.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Proper pre-planning is not in Dan's tool bag! More like everyday is a Brico day!
I think both the many Brico visits and the lack of cooking videos are because he doesn't have a lot of spare cash. He can buy a couple of boards at a time but not 50. Like wise he can't buy more expensive ingredients to make the cooking videos. Especially with the young boys as they would be unlikely to eat anything 'interesting'. So Dan can't really justify the expense.

Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.