The Chateau Diaries #110 By the way, her Dutch love child is a talentless Prig

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As for Dan, why does a guy who only makes 5 minute videos need to make a "studio"? Why does he NEED a drone, and all the equipment he is acquiring? Why does he need to take online "vlogging lessons" for a daily vlogging short? How much better use of his time and money to make videos cooking for his family IMO, rather than spending so much time and money on trips to Brico, gas, wear and tear on the van, constantly more supplies?
Ladies like handbags and shoes- men like drones and diggers 'simple.' I don't object to my wife having her office and she doesn't object to my man cave. We have an equal partnership like that.
What's not to like about Brico? I like B &Q, Homebase I have been persuaded to like IKEA at times.
He's providing entertainment on here and let's face it he has a go.
Now if I had to choose between plate and table laying or knocking plaster off walls and painting- I know which creative process I would pursue. If I had to stand in a shop with my missus handbag, I'd run a mile. Not that I haven't shown willing sometimes, now I just hand over the card with a smile :)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Hopefully IJ read both SJ and Cameltoe the riot act in SA- she clearly reads here- as they all do-IJ is the only one with a modicum of business sense
Morning ! Trying to catch up.
I am not a fan of IJ but she tries to make her daughter sensible about the Chateau but I lands on deaf ears.
I bet she is not happy about the garden and especially the vege patch as she did love to do that and when she was stuck there IJ started to make the vege patch work and the greenhouse too! When you do see them now they are both hopeless and I am sure it annoys her with all her work she did before.
I also bet IJ is not too keen on Davey and his garden plans too !
I remember that IJ wanted the shell of the Chateau fixed as it was crumbling down and lets face it ..... that is the first you see when you drive up there. You want customers to come back !
I get the feeling that Fanny is thinking of selling and going to another place that she barely fixes in Venice ..... somewhat soon?

OK ..... off to TRY to catch up ! :rolleyes:

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Something like this would look better sitting at the entrances or 4 corners of the fountain rather than the trees.
View attachment 1027855
She listens to the wrong people. That is far classier. We know that she has none, so she can continue to make a hash of other people's money. Whatever they get out of it must appeal to some instinct somewhere. Nothing worse than Chuggers on the high Street.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
From Dan's latest vlog comments...

Jennifer Burk
1 hour ago
ROFL! The idea that Stephanie cares about cleanliness.

Lizzybean
1 hour ago
Not even washing clothing from second hand shops before wearing itπŸ˜’

Charlotte Dickens
1 hour ago
@Lizzybean I'm glad it's not just me. πŸ™ˆ

Josh R
1 hour ago
@Lizzybean She says she washes everything that comes from the second hand stores, don't be tacky.

Lizzybean
1 hour ago
@Josh R not true. Do you recall the blue / striped linen shirt that she wore as a v v v short dress. NOT washed and she tries on all cadeau stuff. Perhaps you are not aware that scabies and warts etc can be contracted from dirty clothes along with the moth problem she has terrible troubles with . Maybe English is not your first language as tacky is also incorrect!

This is the dress. πŸ‘‡
SJ no slip 2.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Oooh I don't know. I don't watch Dan regularly only when tattle, tattles hard. I can't remember reading anything about the secret project. I do remember of speculation on here that he might be involved with channel 4. However SJ isn't in the upcoming season.
Has she been dumped by Channel 4?

• Wow
Reactions: 16
Morning ! Trying to catch up.
I am not a fan of IJ but she tries to make her daughter sensible about the Chateau but I lands on deaf ears.
I bet she is not happy about the garden and especially the vege patch as she did love to do that and when she was stuck there IJ started to make the vege patch work and the greenhouse too! When you do see them now they are both hopeless and I am sure it annoys her with all her work she did before.
I also bet IJ is not too keen on Davey and his garden plans too !
I remember that IJ wanted the shell of the Chateau fixed as it was crumbling down and lets face it ..... that is the first you see when you drive up there. You want customers to come back !
I get the feeling that Fanny is thinking of selling and going to another place that she barely fixes in Venice ..... somewhat soon?

OK ..... off to TRY to catch up ! :rolleyes:
You're right, Isabelle did advise re the outside. They have had drains laid as a start to the process.
In comparison Dick and Angel have had outside re rendered and roof done, full electrics, new kitchens, heating, lifts, windows,barns converted, beautiful garden. I don't always like their decor choices and thought the bird cages a poor idea, but the rest I like.

Jennifer Burk
1 hour ago

Lizzybean
1 hour ago

Charlotte Dickens
1 hour ago

Josh R
1 hour ago
@Lizzybean She says she washes everything that comes from the second hand stores, don't be tacky.

Lizzybean
1 hour ago
@Josh R not true. Do you recall the blue / striped linen shirt that she wore as a v v v short dress. NOT washed and she tries on all cadeau stuff. Perhaps you are not aware that scabies and warts etc can be contracted from dirty clothes along with the moth problem she has terrible troubles with . Maybe English is not your first language as tacky is also incorrect!

This is the dress. πŸ‘‡
View attachment 1028553
Urgh! The see through boyfriend shirt. Not a good look.

Jennifer Burk
1 hour ago

Lizzybean
1 hour ago

Charlotte Dickens
1 hour ago

Josh R
1 hour ago

Lizzybean
1 hour ago

This is the dress. πŸ‘‡
View attachment 1028553
Urgh! The see through boyfriend shirt. Not a good look.
is it just me or does dan always look like he needs a shower. He looked rough on his new vlog
Probably because he works in a manual job. Unless you don't sweat and have Teflon hair and clothes which dust wipes off, then it will happen.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
As for Dan, why does a guy who only makes 5 minute videos need to make a "studio"? Why does he NEED a drone, and all the equipment he is acquiring? Why does he need to take online "vlogging lessons" for a daily vlogging short? How much better use of his time and money to make videos cooking for his family IMO, rather than spending so much time and money on trips to Brico, gas, wear and tear on the van, constantly more supplies?
i think he first of all needed to finish his home..clear out his mess..and than start to create a mancave..but i have the feeling he needs some space to escape familylife..i somehow understand that..i dont have kids but my sister and many friends have them...i am not a kidsperson..so i understand one would like to escape that from time to time..

his vlogs are getting very boring..the same music..the same droneshots..how much droneshots of crumbling Lalande can one handle..one month working in a dirty pantry doesnt interest me...even our old cellars look better..him going to brico for 5 pieces of plasterboard.. a day....when you know you need at least 50...:eek:

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Ladies like handbags and shoes- men like drones and diggers 'simple.' I don't object to my wife having her office and she doesn't object to my man cave. We have an equal partnership like that.
What's not to like about Brico? I like B &Q, Homebase I have been persuaded to like IKEA at times.
He's providing entertainment on here and let's face it he has a go.
Now if I had to choose between plate and table laying or knocking plaster off walls and painting- I know which creative process I would pursue. If I had to stand in a shop with my missus handbag, I'd run a mile. Not that I haven't shown willing sometimes, now I just hand over the card with a smile :)

I like the restoration job he's doing on the pantry. The job he did on his studio, not so much. What I DO know is that Dan likes to cook, and it appears to me that he's very good at it.

Reactions: 10
Something like this would look better to mark the entrance and an empty courtyard. Everything she does is so fussy
6E4FD9DC-0B15-4306-9380-310F118EF131.png
I do like the Lions but I think Dragons would be a better choice....... you could call one Isabel and the other Steph !! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 18

Jennifer Burk
1 hour ago

Lizzybean
1 hour ago

Charlotte Dickens
1 hour ago

Josh R
1 hour ago

Lizzybean
1 hour ago

This is the dress. πŸ‘‡
View attachment 1028553
well...that Princess Diana shot ...very tacky...and tastless..indeed.. :oops: but we all know she likes to flash her legs...not mentioning the rest..

• Haha
Reactions: 18
i think he first of all needed to finish his home..clear out his mess..and than start to create a mancave..but i have the feeling he needs some space to escape familylife..i somehow understand that..i dont have kids but my sister and many friends have them...i am not a kidsperson..so i understand one would like to escape that from time to time..

his vlogs are getting very boring..the same music..the same droneshots..how much droneshots of crumbling Lalande can one handle..one month working in a dirty pantry doesnt interest me...even our old cellars look better..him going to brico for 5 pieces of plasterboard.. a day....when you know you need at least 50...:eek:
If you choose to have kids though you should not expect to `escape` for at least 5 years til they start school then you might get an hour or two!

• Haha
  • Heart
I have the impression that Dan likes to feel accomplished in most things that he tackles and I suspect he wanted to ramp up his filming skills for his own sake. Perhaps the studio was a way to declutter their small home and get all of his equipment into one place. I agree that he was really on to something with his cooking videos but they didn't seem to hold his attention for long. It's interesting, to me, to see the renovations but I am always left a little disappointed by the decorating - the furniture they want is often out of stock so they 'make do' with something else.

Reactions: 8
That isn't restoration work in the pantry, it's ignorant and irresponsible wrecking. Plaster on the walls of a pantry traditionally acts as a temperature and humidity regulator and the coat of limewash is also an antiseptic.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I like the restoration job he's doing on the pantry. The job he did on his studio, not so much. What I DO know is that Dan likes to cook, and it appears to me that he's very good at it.
he knows people like that...but i guess he also has to fill in his working hours at Lalande..so Fanny send him off to the pantry..i guess..no builders on sight..in months..so she needs some progress..and Dan is the victim...there is plenty of work to do outside..our gardener is busy all days..cutting wood..pruning the fruittrees..etc ...maintenance on the machinery for the next season..

Dan appears to be a trustworthy and hardworking person that would be a great caretaker for holiday properties in the area.
If I owned a place it would be great to have someone who could look in and check a place and have the garden ready for the summer holiday season.

I like the abbreviation of Snig.
Only if you don't mind having pumpkin suddenly planted between your roses, your tools being tossed around and him not following safety measures

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
You're right, Isabelle did advise re the outside. They have had drains laid as a start to the process.
In comparison Dick and Angel have had outside re rendered and roof done, full electrics, new kitchens, heating, lifts, windows,barns converted, beautiful garden. I don't always like their decor choices and thought the bird cages a poor idea, but the rest I like.
And a proper commercial kitchen!

Reactions: 11
i follow the Lalacelles..they are hard working people..they also prove that gays also can do dirty work.. ;) instead of dressing up and rumbling around with porcelaine and cutlery..πŸ™„ i like it they put on some new zink on the roof and put their names on it..when i was 4.. i planted 2 chestnuts in the ground..just behind the backdoor...in our playinggrounds..they came up...my grandparents from my mothers side who lived a few kilometers away from us wanted them..they had a very big and beautifull garden.it was my grandfathers proud and joy...so they ended up there..i watched them grow...when they both died we sold the place...i wanted to live there..but we allready had too much property...but i sometimes pass that place..and i stil can see my chestnuts..i guess the people who own the place now dont even have a clue..but i know they have the pleasure to have tea under it in summer..and knowing..that i planted them more than 50 years ago makes me still a bit proud..
How lovely.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.