The Chateau Diaries #110 By the way, her Dutch love child is a talentless Prig

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He's said there just isn't time for it ... which seems obvious when he's got a job, doing renos at his own place and has a family. His kitchen is there and waiting when he has time or wants to change content in that direction. I think it would be very challenging to try to do with the noise of kids in the house, I think the few he did were late at night, if I remember right.

I only ever remember seeing it in a tour vlog from around March/April 2020 of the behind the scenes areas ... don't even remember if we say much of it then.

edit to add this:

Where did she put all that stuff that was in the room which has now been cleared out for the china pantry? Move it up to the attic? SJ just moves crap from place to place.

Where can i see the dirty pantry Dan has been working on please? The last vlog of his i saw had the pantry all emptied out. I wanna see mess!,🤪
Here's a shot of the dirty kitchen kettle!

Attachments

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
Ash made me so proud to be an Aussie!
💛♥🖤. Coming back from 1-5 in the second set was bloody brilliant, as was Rafa winning his 21st Grand Slam early this morning. What a joy it is when our favourite players win. I’m a sports fiend and spend many late nights/early mornings engrossed in whatever sport is on. The Australian Open was so good this year. Watching that fool Medvedev lose the plot so often was excellent entertainment. He abused the chair umpire, labelled him “small cat,” which went viral the following day. Then the Aussie tennis crowd, who were there for Rafa, booed the hell out of the Russian and relentlessly sledged him with
”small cat.”

Sorry for going off piste. Still buzzing 🎾

To other Aussies - can you believe she did it. Ash Barty won!
For those around the world this woman is so respected by tennis players. She left the game for 2 years to play cricket and coach tennis. Serena Williams texted and said “you are too good not to play.”
A wonderful example of the best of Australia.
This squirrel is way bigger hung than “Parasite Squirrel!”

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
I'll be going to bed with David Lee Roth's "Just A Gigalo" stuck in my head now. Thanks tattlers 🤣🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Yes! I mean, the content in the vlog (removing the plaster in the pantry) wasn’t all that interesting. But sometimes a vlog about “removing plaster” isn’t really about that at all. In this case, I think it was more than that…Dan did a good job of trying to regain control of the narrative. It was kind of fascinating…pretty slick, actually.
Dan's vlogs are usually only 5-6 minutes (and often time lapsed) - so you don't have to endure repetitive work for long! As I viewer it doesn't involve a huge commitment. I love the short snippets we see rather than some other's videos that drone on and on!

Reactions: 21
Another hefty dose of tedium from TittyAnna and Sillyman! Quite literally what it says on the tin! More interesting is a comment from Titty. It doesn't sound as though she's going very far.

Screenshot 2022-01-31 at 04.43.16.png

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Another hefty dose of tedium from TittyAnna and Sillyman! Quite literally what it says on the tin! More interesting is a comment from Titty. It doesn't sound as though she's going very far.
That was so exciting that I had to have a lie down .

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Where did she put all that stuff that was in the room which has now been cleared out for the china pantry? Move it up to the attic? SJ just moves crap from place to place.

Good question! Andy cleared it out and the work began April 15, 2021 vlog .... nearly 10 months ... Where @Rory was excited about shutterdogs, my obsession is those beautiful tiles that will go in the china pantry ...

Work starts here:

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Thanks @Jeeves for watching Dullmars latest, I just can't. They are so slow. After their Kickstarter was such a spectacular failure I've given up completely. Hopeless.

I'm enjoying Dan's though, and I agree that he's being quite canny with his delivery. The spiderwebs being one example, no mention was made or needed but they were very clearly shown. I don't think he's under Don Jarvis's spell at all, she probably thinks that and he lets her, suits him, but I think he's far too smart for that.

Reactions: 19
Just got home from work and watched Billy's daily vlog. He still taking the Pi## out of MKP. Had his booster arm really sore ophs must change arms.
If you go back over a year to @pethericks you will see being evicted. Here MKP tells us every year they move out to Guesthouse to save on heating Chateau. Ryan et al moving. This year Gwen & Billy moved out early and room at the guest house for Micheal.
Maybe Pa & Ma stopped working on their cottage as didnt want to live next door to Micheal. Maybe Billy hoping he will move to Lala land if he gets MKP accustomed to the cold. Billy's parting words at least I got this out. Now start reading from page 11 and may find this already covered.

Reactions: 7
Where can i see the dirty pantry Dan has been working on please? The last vlog of his i saw had the pantry all emptied out. I wanna see mess!,🤪
The fact that he had the girls (as he calls them, I guess he means Kim Raad and the land girl volunteer?) clean it out first before starting and not show it on his vlog, should be indication enough of how dirty that place was.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Good question! Andy cleared it out and the work began April 15, 2021 vlog .... nearly 10 months ... Where @Rory was excited about shutterdogs, my obsession is those beautiful tiles that will go in the china pantry ...

Work starts here:
I thought a cork floor made more sense in a china pantry. Good old Matt he takes no :poop: from Fanny.

Reactions: 14
I watched Dan’s latest vlog “Chateau Walls Laid Bare” and I thought it was good. But, what I found really interesting, though, are all the things Dan managed to work into the video…he conveyed a lot of information in a short amount of time. He was really very smart:

1) Dan made sure to wear a respirator and goggles to make sure he’s not called out on safety (like we did here when he worked on his studio)
2) He mentioned several times that it’s best to remove all the old plaster to make sure the new plaster adheres properly…he said he wants to make sure its done “right way” (addressing concerns that things aren’t done properly at the chateau)
3) He mentioned that he had discussed the pantry plans with SJ earlier that day, letting the viewers know that she’s still the boss and she calls the shots
4) He said he wanted to make sure the walls are smooth as possible to help with cleaning (again, it’s been said many times that cleaning is an issue!)
5) He set a timeframe on what he’s doing, what’s next, and when he expects to finish

To be honest, that’s the kind of employee that I would love to have on my payroll. Not only was he doing the job and making progress, he craftily incorporated comments into the vlog to address concerns many people have raised…I thought that was really smart! (or brilliant as they say in the UK! 😊). SJ would do good by having more vloggers or employees/volunteers like Dan to make her “look good” (or as good as they can make her look!). (Unlike Snorts…he makes SJ look like she’s lost her mind!).
I agree with most of what you say. The thing that worries me is that it wasn't SJ who asked Dan to start working on the pantry, it's his idea of surprising her when she gets back. The need of having to surprise his employer like that tells me he's invested in chateau-life way more than just for work and that worries me. I've seen too many people break their teeth trying to prove what he's trying to prove.

Would be so smart of her to have him doing that. Guess we'll find out.
Smart is not really SJ's modus operandi, wouldn't you say?

• Wow
Reactions: 29
Although they have money, It's going to be quite tough for them I think, we yet have to know what they're really going to do with the chateau but:

1) Who on earth buys a home, let alone a massive Château without visiting it first?
2) who buys a château in a country they do not know the language of? And create a business there????
3) Who buys a château in a country they don't even know the customs and way of living, it's not because you've been once in France that you know how to live there. They just look like Emily in Paris.
4) And purchase a chateau without even having a VISA???? WTF??!!!

If this woman wants the same attention that she had in California, she needs to start French lessons YESTERDAY, especially in rural France, we don't really go after strangers in France if you're not going to make any effort!

Recently watched a documentary on ARTE ("La vie de château.") where a Canadian family wanted to buy a château in France, without speaking the language (again), and they did not want a place with to many work to do, like plumbing!! 😂 I think they only wanted to live like Marie-Antoinette, without the bad ending!

Owning an old house is hard work and loads of money, and SJ definitely made it look so easy and dreamy, people are completely delusional and all want to live the same life as she does. She definitely had money prior to buying the château, and even she said she didn't realise how much it would cost! And now France is once more invaded by the Brits!😂😂 , and the thing that makes me a bit angry is that they're not even trying to integrate themselves to the local community, only hiring english speaking people seems a bit odd, like if you want to move to France surely you did because you liked French life? No?

Started watching her videos for renovation, but I rarely watch any now as no progress are made, only watch the Fleuries and Au petit chateau 1780 (in French but with subtitles) I recommend them if you don't care about other's life and only want to see reno being done!

(And sorry for any misspels, English is not my first language)
Yes, yes, yes. Well put (don't worry about misspells) my sentiments exactly. I'm a Brit and have lived here 14 years and work for a French company. My husband is an Artisan and has a mix of both French and English customers and I can tell you the french customers are the best by far. Nine times out of ten the English want something for nothing. We live in a rural area and if you don't make the effort to intergrate, you're in for a lonely life here. I must search out the ARTE documentary.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
My issue with Dan is that he refers to others like Stephanie and Amaury a lot more than Annaliese, and with more warmth. I think the snippet he left in of her saying goodbye was disgusting, could he manage to crack a smile at the mother of his children or give her a friendly farewell? No, he was very short with her interrupting his important vlogging, but still thought it suitable to include it to flesh out the storyline of forgetting to go to school.

I dunno I just don't get the sense he treats her well and if he does he needs to balance out the way he's shown relating to others with how he relates to her, even if it's just speaking about her positively on occasion. I don't wanna watch someone who prioritises their own interests over the family and does a shoddy job of caring for his children on the occasions he's in the driver's seat.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I agree with most of what you say. The thing that worries me is that it wasn't SJ who asked Dan to start working on the pantry, it's his idea of surprising her when she gets back. The need of having to surprise his employer like that tells me he's invested in chateau-life way more than just for work and that worries me. I've seen too many people break their teeth trying to prove what he's trying to prove.

Smart is not really SJ's modus operandi, wouldn't you say?
I think Dan was motivated to clean up the pantry because he was so disgusted with it when cooking at the shitoo. Notice how he often prepped the food at his place and just brought it over to the shitoo for final prep before plating up. The pantry wasn’t on SJ’s to-do list, but it was on Dan’s. Also, it’s cold out and probably he found it too hard to lift the wooden beams for the pergola by himself, so Dan decided to do the pantry instead when SJ couldn’t interrupt and drag him off to do something else.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
My issue with Dan is that he refers to others like Stephanie and Amaury a lot more than Annaliese, and with more warmth. I think the snippet he left in of her saying goodbye was disgusting, could he manage to crack a smile at the mother of his children or give her a friendly farewell? No, he was very short with her interrupting his important vlogging, but still thought it suitable to include it to flesh out the storyline of forgetting to go to school.

I dunno I just don't get the sense he treats her well and if he does he needs to balance out the way he's shown relating to others with how he relates to her, even if it's just speaking about her positively on occasion. I don't wanna watch someone who prioritises their own interests over the family and does a shoddy job of caring for his children on the occasions he's in the driver's seat.
Dan likes to play "macho" every time he "has to" mind his 2 kids as if it was a chore that he should not be doing (not his job).

Not sure if it's his real him or just an act for his vlogs. Might be the latest.

Reactions: 18
I think Dan was motivated to clean up the pantry because he was so disgusted with it when cooking at the shitoo. Notice how he often prepped the food at his place and just brought it over to the shitoo for final prep before plating up. The pantry wasn’t on SJ’s to-do list, but it was on Dan’s. Also, it’s cold out and probably he found it too hard to lift the wooden beams for the pergola by himself, so Dan decided to do the pantry instead when SJ couldn’t interrupt and drag him off to do something else.
I agree with you @ladyavonlea. That pagoda is not a one man job. They need a team lifting those beams.
I also think his chef side is dividers by the state of that pantry and decided if he is going to cook there it needs to be clean and tidy. It is his reputation at stake if anyone gets sick. I hope he tackles that grey cupboard too 🤢

Reactions: 15
Yes, for sure…I think Dan did a smart job with that vlog, but it’s too bad he doesn’t put his talents to work for a better employer. He may be driven into the ground and burned out before he knows it.

Reactions: 14
I fail to see why anyone thinks that the pantry is a suprise to Steph or done without her knowledge ? In at least two of these vlogs Dan says he has discussed with Steph wall finishes, "the girls" helping, clearing it out etc.etc. Steph is only in SA, at the other end of the phone, she has not gone to the Moon with no communication, she will want to know what is going on with her pile and that her chateau is still getting air time or fans might all forget about it and loose interest or even worse search You Tube for alternative vlogs whilst she swans off, she knows that would be tragic.
I can see that it was probably Dans idea from when asked to do cooking there as Fanny does not see these things.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.