The Chateau Diaries #110 By the way, her Dutch love child is a talentless Prig

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, yes, yes. Well put (don't worry about misspells) my sentiments exactly. I'm a Brit and have lived here 14 years and work for a French company. My husband is an Artisan and has a mix of both French and English customers and I can tell you the french customers are the best by far. Nine times out of ten the English want something for nothing. We live in a rural area and if you don't make the effort to intergrate, you're in for a lonely life here. I must search out the ARTE documentary.
@JackSpratt
You are welcome! :giggle:

• Heart
Reactions: 10
The cleanliness and order of Amuary's workshop has embarrassed Dan up to clean up his act a bit.
I think the cleanliness and order made me re look at my shed and garage tool storage, Tattlers should try it, I have even colour co ordinated and sized my wardrobe hangers ! Thanks Am friend of Dan.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
What he calls building a workshop is something he should have had from the very beginning when he started his first repairs on the house. It's called keeping your stuff in order. Just common sense. Everytime he bought a tool he should have immediately found a proper spot for it -he proved that he is able to build shelves, so why didn't he kept his stuff in order? And voilà, after a while you have a clean and tidy workshop. What he is doing now is just tidying his mess. It's a shame, but to complete a job one needs to leave a workzone clean and organizing your tools before starting the next. He likes the magic of starting something new and seeing fast progress and getting the praise for the before/ after effect but not so much the dull not so fun part of it. This barn is a safety hazard for the kids and really I don't understand how they both ever don't feel ashamed to show it to the world. Other mums won't let their kids visit the boys for a play date if the grounds are like this. He might work long hours but how stupid if all we can see is a messy and dirty plot and house
If you look the village or hamlet he lives in is quite open. I doubt children visiting is a problem as they all live closely together, so I think that is a bit doubtful. I also expect he respects others as he blurs their faces when work is being done. Not everyone lives to have a camera shoved in their faces, so we wouldn't see children visiting. He has improved the place from its original state.

I agree re organising tools. A few think Amaury has inspired him, he has openly admitted it's on his wish list... Heck he has inspired me to reorganise my tetris shed, garage and summer house. :)🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Between the farmhouse & the London flat, her b & b takings are quite good. I would think if she had 220 bookings, that would translate to roughly 400 guests give or take. I could be wrong, but my reasoning behind those numbers is that she was fully booked last year when I scrolled through her calendar last spring. Only one room is set up as a single, the rest are double occupancy, one is touted as being "perfect for families".

I'm not sure, but I think she operates from March to October so that's 245 days.
She’s only open Thursday to Sunday so that’s 3 nights a week! 32 x 3 is 96. So she pays Nati full time for 96 days a year? Handy job!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
He's said there just isn't time for it ... which seems obvious when he's got a job, doing renos at his own place and has a family. His kitchen is there and waiting when he has time or wants to change content in that direction. I think it would be very challenging to try to do with the noise of kids in the house, I think the few he did were late at night, if I remember right.

I only ever remember seeing it in a tour vlog from around March/April 2020 of the behind the scenes areas ... don't even remember if we say much of it then.

edit to add this:

Interesting that, in that video, she showed a small copper basin that she said was going to be put in the downstairs loo that hadn't yet been done at the time. It didn't eventually go in there so I suspect that, like everything else, she'd forgotten she had it. She is constantly buying new things as she forgets what she had stored for a specific purpose. I know that wasn't a gift but the gift givers are mad if they believe her when she says what she is going to do with their gifts. She'll just forget about them as she does with all the stuff she's bought in the past. She will never change. She's probably wasted thousands buying stuff that is then stored somewhere and forgotten about and replaced with new purchases. She certainly knows how to get rid of ,money and, as has been pointed out, the YT income appears to stretch a very long way if it covers all the salaries plus the rest of what makes up her lifestyle. I am surprised her accountant has not had a breakdown trying to conceal what seems pretty obvious to us!

Reactions: 26
Hopefully someone was able to save MPK’s “Fresh Start” vlog somewhere. He tends to eventually regret videos where he over shares too much information and then they get deleted from YouTube! I’m not sure it was a good idea for Michael to announce his ADHD and all the failures in his life to the world. If I were a Patreon, I’d seriously question whether a guy who admits to being irresponsible and wreckless in school and every job he’s had job (for whatever reason…ADHD or otherwise) is capable of handling my donation and manage a project. Michael basically said “Hey…I’m a failure in all I do and touch…but give me money! 😊 I’ve been on medication for two weeks…You can trust me now!” I really think he should have gone with his first instinct and NOT made that video…but he just can’t help himself.
I couldn't agree more. He went on a bender, got sober, and promised to get his act together and make up for the lost time. Jesus wept. Didn't it sound all too familiar?

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
If you look the village or hamlet he lives in is quite open. I doubt children visiting is a problem as they all live closely together, so I think that is a bit doubtful. I also expect he respects others as he blurs their faces when work is being done. Not everyone lives to have a camera shoved in their faces, so we wouldn't see children visiting. He has improved the place from its original state.

I agree re organising tools. A few think Amaury has inspired him, he has openly admitted it's on his wish list... Heck he has inspired me to reorganise my tetris shed, garage and summer house. :)🤣
It's a 200 year old farmhouse/ruin. I wouldn't expect that it's a candidate for the cover of House and Garden Magazine or the French equivalent . And they only paid something like Euros 24K for all of it, three dilapidated buildings on one acre to be renovated. Then Thomas and Jack came along and you know what happens when kids arrive. Expensive little tackers.

Reactions: 13
She’s only open Thursday to Sunday so that’s 3 nights a week! 32 x 3 is 96. So she pays Nati full time for 96 days a year? Handy job!
The gift grab is a 24/7 job- it’s a veritable Amazon warehouse filled with tit

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Another hefty dose of tedium from TittyAnna and Sillyman! Quite literally what it says on the tin! More interesting is a comment from Titty. It doesn't sound as though she's going very far.

View attachment 1029067
That vlog was exactly like watching Selmar’s Tango “Lessons” Soooo Sloooooowww

Agree. The trees look terrible. Bad idea.
And just when the plantings around the fountain were looking very nice- it has been ruined by the four squared gallows

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Although they have money, It's going to be quite tough for them I think, we yet have to know what they're really going to do with the chateau but:

1) Who on earth buys a home, let alone a massive Château without visiting it first?
2) who buys a château in a country they do not know the language of? And create a business there????
3) Who buys a château in a country they don't even know the customs and way of living, it's not because you've been once in France that you know how to live there. They just look like Emily in Paris.
4) And purchase a chateau without even having a VISA???? WTF??!!!
Welcome @Shmalla, here are some comments from Julia Leach's latest flog...

Burberry4U
12 days ago
Girls, how is the VISA situation going? When are you going back to France? How was it to be back in the US for Christmas?

Lady of the Château Productions
12 days ago
The visa process was set off course by government delays due to current restrictions, but it is now back on track! We will post another video explaining our experience and everything we know about the process of Americans getting French visas. We hope to be approved this spring and then officially move to Puy Vidal as soon as possible!

Neil Hartley
12 days ago
Thanks for the update. Lovely to see the topiary from the air. Will Penelope be able to carry on working as a digital nomad from the château?

12 days ago
Great question! Unfortunately you can’t get any kind of French visa and work for an American company. So she will have to choose between having extended vacations in France while working, get a tech job for a French company, or working at the chateau. Having a tech job in a company with a French branch to would be the smoothest transition for her and anyone else considering the move

• Sad
Reactions: 15
Ok so I was in Waterstones (a bookstore) yesterday and I noticed our Don Jarvis's new read - she thought it AMAZING!
Firstly, SJ you presented this as a charity shop find, which of course it wasn't, seeing it was a recent release and a 2022 edition cover.

Screenshot 2022-01-31 at 12.08.57.png

Screenshot 2022-01-31 at 12.08.50.png
-

Secondly, I read the recommendations on the back sleeve. Note Amanda Foreman's it may suggest why Don Jarvis thought the book to be so AMAZING. Her reading literature speaks to her need for status and ownership. She doesn't strike me as a particularly clever person as she hints to this need in almost all vlogs, when one would assume one would conceal it as much as poss, but then again, I questioned if she were goading us Tartlets with it. I would guess she knows all too well the majority of her militia and patrons hang off of every word she utters and don't feel the need to question her sincerity.

IMG-4229.jpg
IMG-4231.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Interesting that, in that video, she showed a small copper basin that she said was going to be put in the downstairs loo that hadn't yet been done at the time. It didn't eventually go in there so I suspect that, like everything else, she'd forgotten she had it. She is constantly buying new things as she forgets what she had stored for a specific purpose. I know that wasn't a gift but the gift givers are mad if they believe her when she says what she is going to do with their gifts. She'll just forget about them as she does with all the stuff she's bought in the past. She will never change. She's probably wasted thousands buying stuff that is then stored somewhere and forgotten about and replaced with new purchases. She certainly knows how to get rid of ,money and, as has been pointed out, the YT income appears to stretch a very long way if it covers all the salaries plus the rest of what makes up her lifestyle. I am surprised her accountant has not had a breakdown trying to conceal what seems pretty obvious to us!
Agree with you in all points but the copper basin will go into the loo behind the winter salon, she even says it in that video.

Ok so I was in Waterstones (a bookstore) yesterday and I noticed our Don Jarvis's new read - she though it AMAZING!
Firstly, SJ you presented this as a charity shop find, which of course it wasn't, seeing it was a recent release and a 2022 edition cover.

View attachment 1029558
View attachment 1029559-

Secondly, I read the recommendations on the back sleeve. Note Amanda Foreman's it may suggest why Don Jarvis thought the book to be so AMAZING.

View attachment 1029566View attachment 1029567
How appropriate, a social grifter reading about a social grifter!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Welcome @Shmalla, here are some comments from Julia Leach's latest flog...

Burberry4U
12 days ago
Girls, how is the VISA situation going? When are you going back to France? How was it to be back in the US for Christmas?

12 days ago
The visa process was set off course by government delays due to current restrictions, but it is now back on track! We will post another video explaining our experience and everything we know about the process of Americans getting French visas. We hope to be approved this spring and then officially move to Puy Vidal as soon as possible!

Neil Hartley
12 days ago
Thanks for the update. Lovely to see the topiary from the air. Will Penelope be able to carry on working as a digital nomad from the château?

12 days ago
Great question! Unfortunately you can’t get any kind of French visa and work for an American company. So she will have to choose between having extended vacations in France while working, get a tech job for a French company, or working at the chateau. Having a tech job in a company with a French branch to would be the smoothest transition for her and anyone else considering the move
I don't know much about visas, but being approved this spring doesn't sound like they are 100% sure they'll have them, no?! I'll wait for the video, because I really don't understand their process 😅

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.