The Chateau Diaries #110 By the way, her Dutch love child is a talentless Prig

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Men love that crap!
We have a store called Bunnings Warehouse my husband Loves it !!! Hates shopping but adores Bunnings !
Can't keep mine out of Bunnings either. Problem is he likes buying the stuff but then doesn't use it. Have about 10 plants to be planted, and several power tools bought months ago still in their boxes.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
You're not wrong. I suppose he wants to get better at it but I'm not sure how much better he can get or more he can do with his limited surroundings and content...which actually provide good enough content for many and he's pretty natural at it from the start. Learning new techniques and editing skills is never a bad idea. Maybe it's for his self-esteem and ego to add something else to his toolbelt of talents? The studio has to be ego driven because you're right, 5 minute vlogs do not warrant a studio. I think having a space for himself also has alot behind it. With no workshop, he doesn't have a place to "escape" to.

Well now with a workshop in the works, it looks like he's going to have two places to escape to. Annalise better have her laundry room soon or whatever she wants next!
What he calls building a workshop is something he should have had from the very beginning when he started his first repairs on the house. It's called keeping your stuff in order. Just common sense. Everytime he bought a tool he should have immediately found a proper spot for it -he proved that he is able to build shelves, so why didn't he kept his stuff in order? And voilà, after a while you have a clean and tidy workshop. What he is doing now is just tidying his mess. It's a shame, but to complete a job one needs to leave a workzone clean and organizing your tools before starting the next. He likes the magic of starting something new and seeing fast progress and getting the praise for the before/ after effect but not so much the dull not so fun part of it. This barn is a safety hazard for the kids and really I don't understand how they both ever don't feel ashamed to show it to the world. Other mums won't let their kids visit the boys for a play date if the grounds are like this. He might work long hours but how stupid if all we can see is a messy and dirty plot and house

• Heart
Reactions: 13
What he calls building a workshop is something he should have had from the very beginning when he started his first repairs on the house. It's called keeping your stuff in order. Just common sense. Everytime he bought a tool he should have immediately found a proper spot for it -he proved that he is able to build shelves, so why didn't he kept his stuff in order? And voilà, after a while you have a clean and tidy workshop. What he is doing now is just tidying his mess. It's a shame, but to complete a job one needs to leave a workzone clean and organizing your tools before starting the next. He likes the magic of starting something new and seeing fast progress and getting the praise for the before/ after effect but not so much the dull not so fun part of it. This barn is a safety hazard for the kids and really I don't understand how they both ever don't feel ashamed to show it to the world. Other mums won't let their kids visit the boys for a play date if the grounds are like this. He might work long hours but how stupid if all we can see is a messy and dirty plot and house
all his early followers would know this..but hey... give Dan and Annalise some slack..living in the country is different....... i guess..the place i grew up in wasnt always so secure at all...but i still managed it to get to 54.. ;) one example..we had bulls..my father ones caught me walking between them..he was terrified..i wasnt..and the bulls were friendly..they all liked me..:D, they simply knew me..i helped feeding them ..i once fell down a haypile..6 meters down..i had a soft landing..but had an concussion..the villagedoctor came..oh he said.. he seems fine..nothing to worrie...i think Dans kids will be fine...but i still think he needs to finish his house first..than comes the pleasure for daddy...first make mummy and the kids happy..warm and secure..

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Fleurries give volunteers front and centre stage on tonights video and how much they have to pay for the privilege of working there, (all as a joke) they seem to have good bunch more "normal" than usual Lalande crew who are picked for fancy dress, oooh & ahhh and Steph worship skills.

Reactions: 35
I like the restoration job he's doing on the pantry. The job he did on his studio, not so much. What I DO know is that Dan likes to cook, and it appears to me that he's very good at it.
I reserved judgement on the studio. He seemed to have done it top down as opposed to floor upwards.
It looks OK on the surface. I suppose it's a learning curve and he did say this is not how to do it- which I agreed with 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 15
@Reader’s digest so agree with you re Dan’s work area. I hate to be cruel but their place is a dump. One good wolf blow and the place will fall to the ground. Dan is only building a workshop now as he has seen the response to Anaury’s workshop. Also he thought he would sit at his desk in studio and “talk to us”. How is that about Escaping to Rural France. A workshop will give him somewhere to film.
I think he is completely caught up in La la land. His jump the shark moment was buying glasses with clear glass. I mean seriously what a tool.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Men love that crap!
We have a store called Bunnings Warehouse my husband Loves it !!! Hates shopping but adores Bunnings !
I object a digger isn't crap. I loved working on a digger, it's satisfying 😌 I also like a tractor- in fact- no I'd better not go on, I think you get the gist🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Fleurries give volunteers front and centre stage on tonights video and how much they have to pay for the privilege of working there, (all as a joke) they seem to have good bunch more "normal" than usual Lalande crew who are picked for fancy dress, oooh & ahhh and Steph worship skills.
Plus, Phillipe was working with them and Anna cooked for them and didnt expect them to cook after working all day ;)

Reactions: 28
Have done hundreds with hubby, yes its very common as you dont usually need much to actually fit, but he videoed it, and thats not as easy to hide if you have obviously too small clothes. To be fair, she appears to fit the dress perfectly, but I doubt she ate anything for days before!
View attachment 1028243
This was quite some time after she received the dress so she could have had it altered.

Reactions: 14
all his early followers would know this..but hey... give Dan and Annalise some slack..living in the country is different....... i guess..the place i grew up in wasnt always so secure at all...but i still managed it to get to 54.. ;) one example..we had bulls..my father ones caught me walking between them..he was terrified..i wasnt..and the bulls were friendly..they all liked me..:D, they simply knew me..i helped feeding them ..i once fell down a haypile..6 meters down..i had a soft landing..but had an concussion..the villagedoctor came..oh he said.. he seems fine..nothing to worrie...i think Dans kids will be fine...but i still think he needs to finish his house first..than comes the pleasure for daddy...first make mummy and the kids happy..warm and secure..
On my Grandfather's farm, we always got upto mischief when we were younger. We'd pilfer the eggs early in the morning. I learned to drive a tractor (I'll not tell you what age) lit parrafin heaters and would often herd sheep and cows ( for milking) We were around large farmyard tools and learned early on to be self reliant. I'm not saying it's the right way and health and safety these days quite rightly should be pointed out. We had a lot of freedoms.

Just finished watching it. They are all down to earth and there seems an easy comradarie which came across very well in the vlog. No manic squealing.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
that fully booked thing means nothing...when we dont want people in our house in france we fill in its booked...fully booked doesnt mean all is paid for...
Yes, I realize that. One of the self catering apartments belongs to Potty....who knows how many of the other rooms were blocked off for friends or visiting relatives. I wonder if Nicks apartment also gets let out when he's not there..

Reactions: 12
I like diggers, ride on mowers, gardening, DIY, drones, cameras, getting dirty, having showers, handbags, shoes, shopping for clothes and in Wickes DIY stores, Spring cleaning and organisation ....what does that make me ?
Some Tattlers do make sweeping statements re Male/Female/Gay/Straight likes, dislikes, habits, and actions in this thread.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Your idea of "sitting in the lap of luxury" is a million years away from what I consider luxury, he is welcome to freeze, eat off second hand plates food prepared in a dirty kitchen brought out of a mouse filled pantry and a overflowing Smeg fridge. Shopping trips traipsing around Emmaus with a sprinkling of a Acorn Antiques spending money I have not earned or deserve would all be my idea of Hell.
I agree he will not be going anywhere unless pushed by SJ he is too bone idle, I think he must be related to the Petherick clan, (not Mick).
Too bad there isn't a sarcasm font..next time I'll include the "/s" so there's no mistake instead of just a winking emoji. It's certainly not my idea of the lap of luxury, but for a twenty something who hasn't got much of a work history or ethic, the pile he's residing in probably seems fairly luxurious as were his travels abroad this past year. Not every 25 year old gets to fly off to Barbados, or NYC or hang out in Paris & London during a pandemic with a sugar mama footing the bill.

@Albee I can’t remember if she said people or nights when she quoted numbers. I think she could easily have achieved this from patreons. I mean the Americans who bought a chateau - party of 3 x 2 nights - 6 covers already. Then Jason, Stewart fly undone, gay pastor plus one, strange mini mouse lady, random gay couples, Mr &Mrs LaLande - easily another 20 covers.
It's not hard to imagine that between the vlog and tv appearances that she'd be able to attract enough visitors to the b & b. Considering she's only booking 7 rooms it's very feasible.

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
... I....❤... Your bull story...
...my grandfather also had bulls...we have a pic of him riding one bareback....I asked him...why...weren’t you afraid of him....he said that bull kicked me in the face...and that’s why my nose is like this...he said the bull had to learn who was boss...

...he never fixed his nose...tough old man...not like today’s snowflakes...so...yeah...people nowadays are much too soft...😎

• Wow
Reactions: 10
I like diggers, ride on mowers, gardening, DIY, drones, cameras, getting dirty, having showers, handbags, shoes, shopping for clothes and in Wickes DIY stores, Spring cleaning and organisation ....what does that make me ?
Some Tattlers do make sweeping statements re Male/Female/Gay/Straight likes, dislikes, habits, and actions in this thread.
It makes you who you are.
I try not to make sweeping statements and many are tongue in cheek. Most who know me, know my humour.
We all have opinions and it's a bit like herding cats trying to run the gauntlet of not offending anyone by simply expressing something.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I guess Dan wanted Tattlers to chill out about Christmas decorations not being down in kitchen when Halloween cobwebs still hanging in pantry. How unsanitary SJ- shame.🤮

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
I like the restoration job he's doing on the pantry. The job he did on his studio, not so much. What I DO know is that Dan likes to cook, and it appears to me that he's very good at it.
Then why isn't he doing it? Didn't he indicate a long time ago, that he was going to start a cooking vlog....what happened to that?

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.