The Chateau Diaries #11 Shat o shenanigans

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There was never a mindless pleasure phase for me, but there were episodes I enjoyed. Mostly the tours of the rooms and garden. I hadn't ever seen ETTC so I had no idea there was already a bitchy mummy narrative. I didn't dislike her dynamic with her mother, but in a lot of the episodes I first watched, it's only the two of them and they work well together trading the camera back and forth. They have a schtick. Isabelle's camera work wasn't even bad for a 70 something. She's better than Billy Petherick is right now in some of those early videos, probably because she's lighter on her feet. I was paying attention to things like that. Also who was uncomfortable being on camera, how SJ was often able to put them at ease. I never once thought "oh she's poor," I just thought it was a great idea. A giant coffeehouse that's also a bar and a bnb. But then I always go through a phase where I like something, it blows up online, and then I go looking for who hates it. Who has really decided, "Oooo this witch..." and I always find them, and it's usually all women and a Heathcliffe or two (but usually gay ones, so I appreciate that he watches because he wants to duck her.) Then I read everything and decide if these newly famous people have done anything unforgiveable, or I keep watching and wait for them to do something unforgiveable. That usually doesn't happen though. They just hire more people, their lives become more opaque, more commercialized, and then they move onto something else. By that time I've already moved on too, and I read about it six months later. I'm really an unfan of everything at heart. My friends hate my Anthony Bourdain speculations, but I think the worst of everyone even when I have an actual celebrity crush. I could never put my energy into to hate watching anything, but I like reading the perspectives of people who do.
Always interesting to see two sides, the love AND the hate. However, in spite of some harsh commentry here on Tattle, I would not say there is a lot of pure hate...we are more like kids that got a gift for Christmas but had to pick it appart to see how it works, and then never managed to properly put it together again! :LOL: What drew me here initially was the witty comments and yes, the fact that I found the Lady without a lake a bit of a fox. I searched for all things about the Chatelaine as my interest peaked after TV show, but now all I am left with is occasionally watching the vlog...and more so looking at Tattle for entertainment. Amazing what our agents can provide of information after a bit of digging, quite impressive!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Always interesting to see two sides, the love AND the hate. However, in spite of some harsh commentry here on Tattle, I would not say there is a lot of pure hate...we are more like kids that got a gift for Christmas but had to pick it appart to see how it works, and then never managed to properly put it together again! :LOL: What drew me here initially was the witty comments and yes, the fact that I found the Lady without a lake a bit of a fox. I searched for all things about the Chatelaine as my interest peaked after TV show, but now all I am left with is occasionally watching the vlog...and more so looking at Tattle for entertainment. Amazing what our agents can provide of information after a bit of digging, quite impressive!
I'm just giving you a hard time. Your posts always make me laugh and that's what I'm here for. 🧡

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I'm going for Potts. After all Ms WCG did say - bless him.
"Maybe I am a bit weird but I think he is the most attractive of the men at the chateau and certainly of the other men we have traced in her life".
You are weird. He is such a dogfish. Those early episodes when he was in the moat....weirdo.

Rory post 3574467
But haven't you heard, We're the ones from the Land Down Under, where the women glow, and the men plunder? They bred them tough in those days, now they run around in polyester singlets, get upset if they aren't paid in 6 figures, need 2 WAG's on each arm to make them feel like a man and get all weepy if a female in the crowd calls them a nasty name.

I thought Potts was the only good looking one too - he could wash his socks in my tea. I like Selmar, but whilst I think he's a kind soul he's a bit too left to centre for me and I couldn't cope with the hippy lifestyle. He and Deisel need to pack up and move on and find themselves a nice lady who wears tie dye long dresses, wears her hair long and flowing, cooks for him & grows vegetables
(isn't he a vegetarian?) and knows how to Tango.
Why is it always assumed he needs or wants a woman? I get vibes to the contrary.

You are weird. He is such a dogfish. Those early episodes when he was in the moat....weirdo.
DOGFISH?? How about doofis.
Team LaLaLand all over this one from poster to likers!!! @sandro37 SuperSleuth 🔎🔎🔎 don’t worry, we got them covered.

🙌🙌🙌 Go Team LaLaLand 🙌🙌🙌
Hilarious and totally WRONG.But thanks for playing.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1

Hi there are 7 seasons. So you have not seen everything yet.

Sorry everyone I am refering to the photo of camel toe underwear.
Rory Post 3587361
No we've had Season 7 + repeats so I've seen all of Seasons 1 to 7 a couple of times including the lift installation

Mandy wearing a mask until she gets a negative test after traveling. Shockingly the mask is on when she is behind the camera too! 😷

Someone was also getting snippy in the comments about how long Phillip is staying, as they should be!!, and if it’s against restrictions. Fans shot the commenter down real quick:cautious:

ETA - I just looked over my screen shots and realized a woman named Frances commented on youtube. Not me. I just created this account and named it after the avatar pic I wanted to use. 😎😏
Philip being Dutch means he can stay in France indefinitely, as he is an EU citizen. However, I don’t buy that he was planning on only staying a short while. Whether or not that’s what he originally claimed in his workaway application is a different story, but the boy brought his great grandma’s recipe book ffs. That coupled with all the outfits he brought, he must have at least packed 10 steamer trunks. It’s clear that he came with the intention of staying for a very long time and he played his cards right, so here he is now. One has to wonder if as an actor, he didn’t concoct the idea of becoming a regular cast member of Lalalande in order to gain clout. 🤔

Also can someone explain to me how Mandy was able to cross international borders during a pandemic?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
and the tax avoiders throw another party

Well 2 apparently 🙇‍♀️🙇‍♀️🙇‍♀️🎯🎯🦴🗣
I can't watch that, it's so creepy and fake. But since Nati seems to be reading here too, and so many other from SJ's orbit, it might be wise to put this out there again: In the event of a manual donation, the beneficiary must send a completed and signed form N ° 11278 (Form 2735 from the tax authorities) to the tax office to register the donation, regardless of the fact the gift might be an exemption of tax rules. SJ might need another volunteer for this...

• Heart
Philip being Dutch means he can stay in France indefinitely, as he is an EU citizen. However, I don’t buy that he was planning on only staying a short while. Whether or not that’s what he originally claimed in his workaway application is a different story, but the boy brought his great grandma’s recipe book ffs. That coupled with all the outfits he brought, he must have at least packed 10 steamer trunks. It’s clear that he came with the intention of staying for a very long time and he played his cards right, so here he is now. One has to wonder if as an actor, he didn’t concoct the idea of becoming a regular cast member of Lalalande in order to gain clout. 🤔

Also can someone explain to me how Mandy was able to cross international borders during a pandemic?
But he didn't pack any coats in those steamer trunks as he is always wearing SJ's.
Fair dues to Mandy if she is wearing a mask all the time. Before Isabel was heading away she was seen wearing a mask.. pointless. "My mask protects you... Your mask protects me".

Reactions: 2

Mandy was called for work/work practice/volunteer work by Stephanie. That is an acceptable reason to cross borders within Schengen area. She needs to be quarantined until she gets her negative test results, another quarantine is waiting for her when she returns home. She's following the rules, distancing herself and when not possible wearing a mask. It takes only a couple of days to get the results, in the next vlog she's probably not wearing a mask anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7

Philip being an EU citizen can stay, but I think he needs to register (like Selmar has done) if he intends to work, for which he’s paid real money! That being said, I don’t know if being paid in kind (!) he will need to register (to pay taxes and social security etc). 🤣 The boy could be skating on thin ice, with the authorities, if he receives one € for any work!!! Same could be said for Mandy as well.
As for Mandy crossing international borders - (info for those outside the EU) - there are no borders! Just walk or drive straight through ... everyone welcome 🤪 😆
On the same track has Nati ever registered with the authorities (now she is being officially paid) as she’s not European, so she must need a work permit, plus paying taxes etc.?
Can anyone explain what Mandy is suppose to be doing at LaLa land .... and why?

• Heart
Reactions: 6
A referral was made to Many being a scientist of some sort (maybe a chiroptologist 🦇 ?) I thought that she was going home to a new job though? She doesn't seem to be there for the exposure, unlike Philip but not really sure why she is there.

Reactions: 5
Isn't she the one editing the grab-whatever-you-can channel? SJ needs all gain but no pain from that, she enjoys the gifts that are not only gifts but by filming the unwrapping and her ecstatic drool will allow her to spike her image by sending small change (compared to what she is wheeling in) to charity, so she lets Nati do the organizing job, the preselection so she only gets to unwrap the good stuff and Mandy or any other sufferer can do the editing. It won't be long until she has a team working on the other vlog too, so she can stay in bed longer. She will probably "pay" them by passing along the gifts she doesn't want herself and receive eternal gratitude in return.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Selmar needed to register, because he wanted to work as self-employed and needs tax ID etc. If Phillip is employed, for the first 6 months he pays his taxes to Netherlands and after that to France, if he's not paid and he's not claiming any benefits, after 6 months he needs to change his address (can do it online) to Lala land, but doesn't need to register anywhere.

Nati obviously has a work permit and is paying her taxes to France.

Reactions: 2
But what does Philip actually do??? His 'helping' the men with the floor tiles was embarrassing. He can't, or shouldn't, cook. Doesn't appear to clean. Has no projects of his own. Just flounces around in SJ's shadow doing pretty much nothing apart from occasional filming and way too much snorting.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Isn't she the one editing the grab-whatever-you-can channel? SJ needs all gain but no pain from that, she enjoys the gifts that are not only gifts but by filming the unwrapping and her ecstatic drool will allow her to spike her image by sending small change (compared to what she is wheeling in) to charity, so she lets Nati do the organizing job, the preselection so she only gets to unwrap the good stuff and Mandy or any other sufferer can do the editing. It won't be long until she has a team working on the other vlog too, so she can stay in bed longer. She will probably "pay" them by passing along the gifts she doesn't want herself and receive eternal gratitude in return.
I’ve just watched the latest ‘Christmas’ grab vlog! OM Goodness! ! I still cannot believe what people send. All that food - well chocolate, biscuits and tea! Why don’t people buy proper food and donate to a local food bank for people who need feeding. SJ of course could donate it to a food bank in one of the thousands of ‘shopping bags’ she has received.

BTW i fast forwarded lots of the vlog and it was too nauseating to watch it in full (I also watch without subscribing or watching ads 🤣😂).

• Heart
Reactions: 13
But what does Philip actually do??? His 'helping' the men with the floor tiles was embarrassing. He can't, or shouldn't, cook. Doesn't appear to clean. Has no projects of his own. Just flounces around in SJ's shadow doing pretty much nothing apart from occasional filming and way too much snorting.
He's wasting his young years.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I had to give up watching the Advent vlogs because I simply could not stomach Philip, he's an embarrassment.

• Heart
Nati obviously has a work permit and is paying her taxes to France.
What's obvious about that? She wouldn't be the first without one and as talked about in previous threads also not the first to evade tax. Now where are the tattlers who were screaming evidence over hearsay before?

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.