The Chateau Diaries #107 IJ. my legs are more beautiful, SJ ah yes but mine can open further

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Crazy, strange, eyes wide shut, in the middle of nowhere. Marie's description of first impressions of lalande.
That comment had me howling! I can honestly say that I am impressed by Marie after that glimpse into her life, as she often tries to avoid the cameras, so we knew quite little about her. She is brilliant! This was one of the few interviews where an actual successful person was showcased. Writing policy for the aviation industry IS pretty significant, and her move into the cruise industry to write policy is not a small feat, as maritime law and standards of practice are a completely different concept. I have gained a whole new level of respect and admiration for her, and of all the cast and characters of the Shitoo, I'd like to meet her the most. She seems genuine, albeit shy, but someone one can have an actual conversation with. I suspect she and Fanny have quite little in common, as Fanny has the mental capacity of a 5-year old, but I suspect Marie tries to get on with her for the sake of Nick.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
One thing that certainly was highlighted by her intro to the interview with Marie is how much healthier her mother and Percy looked. I know we have speculated ad nauseum about causes but the difference is striking. Does she starve everyone into submission. It would be very interesting to know the cause.
I noticed too. Mummy’s a little chunky!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I don't know what else to say....Scroll to $19,000.
Is this really renovation?

renovation

noun

1. the action of renovating a building.
    "this property is in need of complete renovation"
She's been selective with her word usage here - being open to interpretation as it is.

I'm fine with the windows, doors, lake survey, the watering system, gardening beds, gravel, downstairs loo, shutter dogs (what a joke?), employment of Natalia, the workshop (what happened to that though???),

What I object to is the following:

1. The mattresses are a business expense and should come out of the YouTube revenue.
  2. The £4000 (although probably trade discounted) wallpaper for the loo is truly unjustifiable (Fleuries Anna hand painted hers and imo looks much better proportioned and less like a soft play ball pit backdrop).
  3. The Fortuny fabric for her apartment is so offensive - where did that end up - Narnia?
  4. The mower.... I get it's for chateau maintenance, but, this seems excessive in terms of the model bought and isn't this a monthly chateau maintenance cost that should come out of, again, the YouTube revenue? How does she justify this BS?
  5. The lake ---- don't get me started, but the land survey is now done. Where in hell is this surveyor for the water? Without sounding like a control freak, which of course I am - I do a bit of house flipping on the side - I could get that lake surveyed within a week in the UK. Also not to blow my own trumpet, but I was redecorating my new apartment, on a reasonable budget, from across the English Channel predominately over FaceTime in under a 7 weeks, whilst maintaining a relatively healthy toxic sex life, ate well, went to the cinema and galleries, dates and to the gym 5 times weekly, but I set boundaries and expectations from tradesmen that I had recommended. SJ needs help immediately - I'm not offering btw.

CDLL1.jpg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
There was Mummy and "Daut' in the sort of same red polka dot dresses and I felt dear Mummy was giving the evil eye now and then to Fanny!
IJ is very vain and you can see she does not put on her glasses at the Gift Grab but holds things right up to her nose.... put bloody glasses on. Perhaps the "evil eye" I see her giving to Daut is plain blindness or she is pissed with it all ????
I agree Green Fairy ..... Fanny was waxing lyrical about being with Mummy again and the old girl just sat there and smirk/smile....... I do not think she likes Snorts there. I thought Percy was rather silent too.
They are a weird mob.
What struck me is that for a 25 year old, that vacation would be total torture. No nightlife. Not much going out. It’s like having a vacation in a nursing home. Woo hoo!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
I thought they looked healthier too. Mini Apron even looked like she'd put on a little weight, and it suited her. Nice to see Gerry not wearing tartan, and lovely not to have snorting from behind the camera. I did think Fanny was waxing on a little too much about how lovely it was to be reunited with Mummy, while IJ just smiled. Quite telling.
It kind of reminded my of the US "House of Cards" episode where Frank and Claire are posing for the official portrait, and Claire flinched when Frank put his hand on her shoulder- Mummy looked very uncomfortable when Fanny put her hand on Mummy's shoulder.

Reactions: 22
If we ever do another prodigious assignment like @Jeeves coordinated, perhaps we could each take a cadeaux episode and list what was sent and estimate total value. That could be fun and scary for some readers ;)
Omg friking genius

Then we could value per episode
That would be parrrrfect

Mini apron got a LOT early doors 🚪
Ohhh go on @Jeeves
Please 😈

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
That comment had me howling! I can honestly say that I am impressed by Marie after that glimpse into her life, as she often tries to avoid the cameras, so we knew quite little about her. She is brilliant! This was one of the few interviews where an actual successful person was showcased. Writing policy for the aviation industry IS pretty significant, and her move into the cruise industry to write policy is not a small feat, as maritime law and standards of practice are a completely different concept. I have gained a whole new level of respect and admiration for her, and of all the cast and characters of the Shitoo, I'd like to meet her the most. She seems genuine, albeit shy, but someone one can have an actual conversation with. I suspect she and Fanny have quite little in common, as Fanny has the mental capacity of a 5-year old, but I suspect Marie tries to get on with her for the sake of Nick.
I agree! She is such an impressive woman.. her field is very difficult to enter and even more difficult to last and get promoted. And then she has the balls to move industries and re-learn regulations... Kudos Marie! Now if only you could stop your child being used in the GAG circus, that'd be awesome!

Her mistake in pronouncing AVSEC had me in tears! Let's just say as someone who speaks English as a second language I can relate! 😂 😂

• Heart
I don't know what else to say....Scroll to $19,000.
@MojoDublin I'd like to take @Sunnee out in the jet tonight! Agent007 skills have been activated!! (Good job Sunnee!) You found what you saw! I realize it isn't her salary, but a patreon goal, but I applaud you for searching!!

Last edited:
  • Haha
He has handyman services listed in his price sheet. So, that actually covers everything he’s doing.
Yes but not being filmed all the time for youtube, while working at Shitoo, and the out of hours call outs. I would charge heaps more for both of these.

Reactions: 10
What struck me is that for a 25 year old, that vacation would be total torture. No nightlife. Not much going out. It’s like having a vacation in a nursing home. Woo hoo!
I think he would love it. Just his speed like being back with his grandparents.
Isabelle looks really well. Being away from the farmhouse suits her. Obviously she must have had a mild form of COVID.
Percy - poor man looks frail. I still remember him lifting heavy planks with Grant to build the pergola, working on the chapel doors. Contributing.
As one of my friends says “some people in life are contributors, some are passengers.”
I can’t speak for their character yet at their age in life they deserve to be passengers.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Or misunderstanding the reasoning behind someone's post. I was not listing a "fact" which was why I quoted the whole post stating it was assumed based on current minimum wage. I was glad to find the post that was stuck somewhere in my memory. That is all. If you were not meaning to be condescending then I will just chalk it up to the difficulty sometimes getting a point across online. Let's be clear when someone has been here for awhile and shown that they aren't of the flying-monkey pursuasion, there's no reason for accusations about a memory. With SJ and her accounting nightmares it's even possible that she was warned to immediately delete that info online, no? For the moment I'll go sit in timeout but unless there really are only 15from the hate site, I'm guessing most of us have value to add to discussion.

I have to agree. I was feeling awful about my initial income post , I really thought I had heard it on a vlog, but I could not prove it. If noone else recalls hearing it , then I'd have to say it was either immediately taken out or it didn't happen.

But I do also feel the reprimand has been heavy handed side. I'm almost afraid to speak up which is ridiculous. The thing is the majority of what's on tattle is speculation, a lot of what is gossiped about is not proven. We have Dan having an affair, or has a roaming eye, Snort is hanging by a string, Stephanie is about to have a breakdown, and is diagnosed with mental disorders. Imaginary incomes and revenues and spending lists appear regularly. Something may turn out the way someone has speculated but that doesn't mean they had proof. They speculation turned out the way they speculated that's it. The truth of the matter is none of us truly know what's exactly happening at Lalaland , as none of us are actually there. Not even our mole, Clara.
If we want hard numbers , we have to wait for her accountant and Patreon update,if that will ever happen. And even with that, there will be more questions with no answers .

I am sorry for mistakenly throwing out a number. If Natti's income is actually taken from YouTube revenue, then, as someone else may have said, it's not any of our business anyway. Gossip will be just that ...gossip. I will no longer be adding to the money gossip unless I have proof as not cause another one of these kerfuffles

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
But he has a thang for old people.
And he's fingering Percy's silverware.
I thought IJ looked spectacular, she's put on a little weight in the right places. Wages of sin.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.