Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

john eccles

Santa has more

In the UK £150 per day is the average going rate for trades people, who are trained and qualified in electrics, plumbing etc. Dan is a Jack of all trades, and a master of none, so to command that money per day is surprising to me anyway.
Even with the exchange rate, I'm not sure any unquaified person could charge that sort of daily rate in the UK or France for odd jobs in gardens and around their homes, let alone any ex-pat actually paying it. From forums I've read, most seem very 'tight' when it comes to paying for work.
Firstly, I am not an electrician but I know a wee bit about it. Here on the Continent, any 'Dan' can install cables(in walls, ceilings etc) and bring the cables to wall sockets and the supply boxes, that is as far as a 'Dan' can go. The final connections MUST be carried out by a qualified, certified electrician.The qualified electrician then issues the owner with a Certiificate . Failure to furnish a Certificate by an owner leads to all kinds of fines and nullifies insurance cover and bank loans for the property.

Reactions: 28

Rory

VIP Member
Yesterday's Cadeau left me very sad, I could relate to the stories, having lost one parent in similar circumstances, but why write to Stephanie about it? Did they not find confort in real life? I feel sorry for them. And why is Stephanie exploiting these personal tragedies to appear as a new mother Theresa? And am I over sensitive, or was PJ even louder than usual from behind the tripod?
And the saddest aspect is Greg sent his package some time in September (according to his comment re vaccine). So possibly 3-4 months since he wrote his terribly sad letter. Could Natti not fully open packages, read letters and give these poor fans who send Christmas related gifts some comfort or joy, some priority?

Yes I agree Bubble Girl Mama wanted that kimono. Possibly for payment for wedding dress do up.

• Sad
Reactions: 28

Jeeves

VIP Member
"Most people who are activists and are concerned about issues get their information from sources which reinforce their opinions and give them the facts that they want to hear. "
It is incredibly easy to find articles, etc to support a personal opinion.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 27

Espe

VIP Member
Just thought about the consequences IF Natti and Amaury should ever break up.

with Amaury leaving, she would loose a skilled handyman, who doesn’t shy away from work.

should Natti leave, Steffi would loose … she would loose her … what did Natti actually do?
It would be problematic if they break up. I also think it must be odd for them to have an open conversation about their situations. Most people talk to their partners about their jobs; their colleagues and employers and share their worries and work frustrations. I am sure both Amaury and Natti get annoyed by SJ. A and N have not known each other that long and how does each know whether they can trust the other with what they say? Amaury may be there as a spy for the family and he may be fairly cautious with what he tells Natti. However, if he is a spy, he may say a few things about how annoying SJ can be in order to encourage N to open up. I wonder if she will be cautious to protect her job or whether she will tell all to him as she trusts him. She probably knows most of what goes on in LL and may not be too discreet. She does seem very clingy and may take this relationship more seriously than he does. If he is a spy and less committed than she is, she is at risk of upsetting the family and thus losing her job by telling him how she really feels. If they are both cautious and treading on eggshells all the time, it doesn't promise to be a very successful relationship.

gurutard

It was indeed. her gift-grab-tat is now left in the corridor to not spoil the perfectly styled rooms, apparently.
I used to be somewhat of a social media influencer, years ago. I'm, first and foremost, not a people person. I'm an open introvert, I dislike people. I hate pandering. I don't feign interest in shit that I obviously dislike. I made the mistake of opening a po box and the amount of absolute garbage I was sent was stunning. I never encouraged it, I did encourage letters and fan art (LOL) but I'm a sentimental person, not materialistic and I never imagined anyone would send me china services or Dolce cake...had I known it were possible... At any rate, one time someone sent me cupcakes for my birthday, through the post...and I ate them because I'm a moron. Actually, I knew I shouldn't eat them but I did anyway because I'm a binge eater. I was fine, no issues thats not the point, I forgot what I was going to say... Oh, I eventually just had to say, stop sending me stuff. Mind you, I didn't open anything on camera or anything... I didn't read letters on camera or anything either, it was just a thing that I thought would be nice to do and maybe meet some actually interesting people who shared common interests. I think that sort of thing is slightly more possible now but the main issue is the garbage gifts and sycophants. I'd rather argue with someone than have my ass kissed.

• Heart

Pyke

VIP Member
Now that FRK has established her business model it is time to give up the patron account. Standing on her own and stop relying on donations will be the real success. Until then, she like the others, are SHAMELESS GRIFTERS.

FRK's one on one workshop...
This person has more talent (not my aesthetic) than FRK. Maybe, FRK should be paying her??? For the price of her workshop (Who knows what the fee is for a one on one with FRK?) you can purchase a lot of fresh florals.

From FRK's website:
Choose between 3 days at £1300, or 5 days at £2100

@mariewiik1
14 hours ago
hi lovelies, how are you doing? I had such a great week hosting my first one to one floral workshop, thank you so much @kaumakaiwa for coming all the way from Hawaii to work with flowers and hang out with me. We went through the basics of floristry, flower care and experimental designs. I had such a great time, thank you for making It so special Iwa. As I am currently looking for a new and bigger studio I was able to host our workshop in the private dining room of @thehawthornhaworth which turned out to be perfect. For anyone near Yorkshire or wanting to attend my Spring Wreath Workshop, there is still a few tickets left for anyone wanting to come and join us. Have a lovely evening Xx

View attachment 1001908View attachment 1001912View attachment 1001914View attachment 1001915View attachment 1001917
Imagine you have all those beautiful Hawaian tropical flowers at your disposal without leaving your island and you choose to come trailing all the way to a cold wet Yorkshire in January to meet drippy floral road kill tutor who watches you arrange flowers from Holland better than she ever has, whilst paying through the nose ....unbelievable!

• Haha
  • Heart
Billy the deserter fixing the roof will be an ongoing affair for as long as they own the house. It is a dying art, so I'm glad he showed the process for other homeowners out there.
He used some music one of my favorite YouTubers, Levi Allen used years ago. It's off-topic but thought I'd share.

Riding a Walmart Raft off a 1000 ft. Waterfall - YouTube
indeed, in my opinion he better could use those 500000 for completely renovating that roof...now he has to go up after every storm..all those old hooks are gone..then to buy another moneypitt..to even have that cherrypicker from the chateau to the convent and back is a huge task...he not only needs to buy another cherrypicker but a truck too...and some one who can drive it...

Have to say his music choice is very interesting 🙄so to speak...that countrymusic is totally not fitting for a chateauvlog..

Billies repeated question for new volunteers isnt really going well..not even the curtainguy is coming back...:rolleyes:

Yesterday's Cadeau left me very sad, I could relate to the stories, having lost one parent in similar circumstances, but why write to Stephanie about it? Did they not find confort in real life? I feel sorry for them. And why is Stephanie exploiting these personal tragedies to appear as a new mother Theresa? And am I over sensitive, or was PJ even louder than usual from behind the tripod?
there was even one person pointing out she had no penny to spend...why send gifts?? the postage alone is a fortune..

it just looks like some people clear out their closet ..put it in a box and sent it off to Lalaland..what a lott of crap..:eek: who send his old clothes to there??

• Heart
  • Haha

Espe

VIP Member
This seems relevant to the discussion so just going to leave it here for those interested. It is entirely on-topic.
Thank you for posting this. As you say, it is entirely relevant. I read Bonhoeffer's wonderful Letters and Papers from prison when I was young. He was right to separate maliciousness from stupidity and to separate stupidity from mental capacity. Many people who know or have worked with people with learning difficulties know that many are very wise and certainly not stupid, whereas some people with strong IQs and good intellectual capacity can be stupid. He pointed out that people with malicious intent, e.g. Hitler, in his day, needed stupid people in order to do what they wanted to do. Here , we are not discussing people such as Hitler but highly unethical people being enabled by the stupidity of others.

• Heart

MojoDublin

VIP Member
patron update😉

Julia Cobb
I’m so glad you and Philip are in London and able to do some everyday things. I’ll be so happy when y’all’s toes touch ground in South Africa! I know Percy and Mummy are overjoyed that you and Gerald & of course Philip are coming, too. Really enjoyed hearing Nick a little🥳 And how was sour dough pizza? My pizza always has so much meat, veggies & cheese on it the crust you don’t really taste it. Tell Philip I found a setting for 12 of Rose and have reached out for others to help me pay for it. I wish I could afford it all, but it would be my travel & clothing budget for the year😉 Hopefully some others will help.

4d
Stephanie Jarvis
Oh my goodness, that is so kind and thoughtful of you, but please don’t worry! Such a thing would be far too expensive. You can’t imagine the joy you give to me (and everyone at Lalande) just from being a patron. Because of all of you we feel safe, creative and able to put our dreams for the future into action ❤

You feel safe enough to travel first class - during a pandemic ya mean .

Trouble with the post …. Again
No doubt she’ll buy one stamp
Heaps got nothing

Hi Stephanie, I enjoyed your Christmas videos. I just want to mention that I have not received your Thank You card for being a patron. Enjoy your travels...

3d
Stephanie Jarvis
Please let me know if it doesn’t arrive in the next couple of weeks - I signed everything up to date before leaving Lalande, and Sabina and Maria were posting them all for me. So it should be with you soon!

1d

Dan the VIPS… kudos
Stephanie, just seen that bbc news article that says you are 50 🧐👀😬 got to say the picture in it looks more 30. I blame Dan and his mowing 😂 hope this goes on the revenge list for him!!

2d
Paul Holmes

2d
Stephanie Jarvis
He’s in real trouble 😈

Tick Tock 😈

• Haha
  • Sick

Vontrap9

While the snorting Squirrel Cameltoe is enjoying his not so deserved holiday in South Africa, his home country The Netherlands is in turmoil. The Dutch version of "The Voice" (the original concept that started the worldwide talent shows) has been suspended pending an investigation into sexual misconduct allegations, cover ups and gross abuse of power. I haven’t been following the revelations lately, but can sort of paint the picture without knowing it all.

I seriously think SJ’s situation is not much different from the accused Dutch orchestra leader (apart from the fact that he admitted guilt and resigned): she has been warned for sexually inappropriate behavior with employees/volunteers before (and was kicked out as a host in the workaway program for it) yet just kept going as if nothing had happened. She was worried, she claimed, about the age difference between them and how that would be publicly perceived, but stayed completely silent about the unequal distribution of power in her relationship to the Cameltoe of Cameltoes. I believe however there is no room for interpretation: legally everyone at her HMN must be able to work in complete safety. She has proven time and time again she has no regard what so ever for appropriate behavior. Her patrons know this, but apparently it doesn't scare them off. Yet.
While it didn’t scare me off it did send me running. I’m a year older than her and my son a year younger than Snorts. If I had received a call saying I fancy the chataline. I would have dragged him home and had a few choice words for her. Totally inappropriate and could yet have long term consequences on his life and career.

• Heart

Perplexed bee

Just thought about the consequences IF Natti and Amaury should ever break up.

with Amaury leaving, she would loose a skilled handyman, who doesn’t shy away from work.

should Natti leave, Steffi would loose … she would loose her … what did Natti actually do?
I think I have written this before: I think we shouldn't underestimate the role of handling the super-needy super fans wanting to, resp. staying as B&B guests, it's not precious Stephanie who does that tedious work...so lots of admin, on top of that the whole parcel business. Maybe not a fulltime job, but managing a B&B business is time consuming, and if your boss is a chaotic showgirl, desperate for YT content, well that doesn't help either.

prettyplease

Thank you ❤ @MojoDublin
👏👏👏👏 @Freesia54 🧵title 👏👏👏

I honor of @Freesia54 🧵title, Viva La Loca's art work fits the 🧵title brilliantly.

Viva La Loca
Dec 10, 2020
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣: Pour your Mum a drink from me 🌠🌟🌠 That was my advent present :love:
View attachment 993459
Oh my god!! 😂

patron update😉

Julia Cobb
I’m so glad you and Philip are in London and able to do some everyday things. I’ll be so happy when y’all’s toes touch ground in South Africa! I know Percy and Mummy are overjoyed that you and Gerald & of course Philip are coming, too. Really enjoyed hearing Nick a little🥳 And how was sour dough pizza? My pizza always has so much meat, veggies & cheese on it the crust you don’t really taste it. Tell Philip I found a setting for 12 of Rose and have reached out for others to help me pay for it. I wish I could afford it all, but it would be my travel & clothing budget for the year😉 Hopefully some others will help.

4d
Stephanie Jarvis
Oh my goodness, that is so kind and thoughtful of you, but please don’t worry! Such a thing would be far too expensive. You can’t imagine the joy you give to me (and everyone at Lalande) just from being a patron. Because of all of you we feel safe, creative and able to put our dreams for the future into action ❤

You feel safe enough to travel first class - during a pandemic ya mean .

Trouble with the post …. Again
No doubt she’ll buy one stamp
Heaps got nothing

Hi Stephanie, I enjoyed your Christmas videos. I just want to mention that I have not received your Thank You card for being a patron. Enjoy your travels...

3d
Stephanie Jarvis
Please let me know if it doesn’t arrive in the next couple of weeks - I signed everything up to date before leaving Lalande, and Sabina and Maria were posting them all for me. So it should be with you soon!

1d

Dan the VIPS… kudos
Stephanie, just seen that bbc news article that says you are 50 🧐👀😬 got to say the picture in it looks more 30. I blame Dan and his mowing 😂 hope this goes on the revenge list for him!!

2d
Paul Holmes

2d
Stephanie Jarvis
He’s in real trouble 😈

Tick Tock 😈
Hmmm…it’s almost as if she was reading here

• Haha
  • Heart

HouseLebel

Not Stephending but SJ has been diagnosed here with everything from thyroid disease to ectopic pregnancies, and various mental disorders with may or may not be the case. We only see small clips of what she’s like and of course your going to be “on” if you’r vloging or you’ll end up with videos as dull as Dulmars
Fair enough!
Hi! And welcome, obviously, it's fabulous to hear that a former fan has seen the light as it all counts towards the final exposure of who she really is. I am in no way capable to give a diagnosis of what is actually wrong with SJ, I just know a lot is wrong. You might be perfectly right and she sure seems to tick all the boxes, like you say. But unless someone closer to SJ cares enough to get her to a doctor who actually can diagnose her, nothing will happen with this knowledge. I agree with you she is unwell, deeply sad and depressed, but also: she sure knows to use this all for her financial benefit.
Thank you for the kind welcome 🙏 I have a feeling that StephaMe will never get herself some help in the end, as long as she is getting her fix, she won’t take that initiative herself. Not until her HMN crumbles to the ground and everyone she counts one has turned their backs. My friend is one of the lucky ones who is getting therapy, but they can’t all win.

In the meantime, I hope people understand how they can navigate her better while the inevitable happens. IJ and Percy said in a vlog while visiting another castle that StephaMe always had trouble managing her money and putting it where it should be prioritized. So I’m certain all her financials will eventually catch up to her. No more can be done so I’m just going to get some popcorn and watch it all come crashing down with you engaging lot 😉

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

Rory

VIP Member
Catching up, thanks to Tattlers posting Curtis & Annaleise videos.
@Lady Avonlea once again you read my mind. I would be so pissed if I drove 10 hours and slept in my car at 230am as it was so unsafe and cold, to arrive to a meh welcome. I think Curtis was throwing some shade - the teapot too hot to pour. I think he and his husband were sort of stunned by mediocre farmhouse and the poor hospitality. They are in their bedroom and then wandering the dark rooms looking for source of music. Food is tacos - because that’s what Philip wants. Curtis was showing how unsophisticated SJ’s lifestyle is.

I always thought Cara was just plain vulgar. I will always believe she left La La early as she couldn’t cope with no attention from SJ or anyone. She thought she would be dancing in the kitchen, on camera, spinning wool (like that was importation SJ) as her volunteer work, rather than cooking and cleaning.

There was commentary about Natti’s salary in early days of patreon when Natti first “hired”. There was a misunderstanding that some viewers thought that if bnb did not make money she would lose her job. SJ said she would pay her from YouTube revenue.

• Heart

Aquablue

Chatty Member
I truly love Dan and his family but I am afraid he has gotten a little big in the britches. He seems way more cocky lately
He is a bit, but I finally watched the American vlogger that Dan idolizes ( https://www.youtube.com/c/Caseyneistatofficial/videos ) and it makes a lot of sense now at least to me. That vlogger has been at it for years and from the videos I watched, has been cocky for years as well. He's not exactly offensive but has done some stupid things on camera, has vlogs about luxury air travel, stupid stunts, etc. , not exactly the same as what Dan is doing but it seems to be rubbing off onto Dan.

It would be nice to see Dan back at his house finishing projects in the main living area and not at Lalande or in his mancave, but I guess that since he vlogs everyday that he just needs content wherever he gets it.

KiKiGee

VIP Member
Does anyone know what happens when you “check in” at LaLande? Is there someone to greet you or do you just drive up and honk? If that doesn’t work, do you get out of the car and wander around trying to find someone? Are guests given a tour? Are they allowed in the kitchen? Are certain areas off limits? What the hell do you do all day - walk through the forest? Are you fed anything but dinner? What do you do for breakfast and lunch - collect berries? Eat stale chocolates left in the room?
This is one example...
@Freesia54 provided screenshots of Jason Dubey's FB post when he arrived at Lalande. At the time, Rebeka Sastakovica, was a new volunteer at Lalande. She was sent out to show Jason to his room. (low man on the totem pole or she drew the short straw 🤔) He decided to peek in the kitchen windows because they were all there. SJ, reluctantly came to the door and said hello. It is very telling how they really feel about guest.

@Freesia54
Jan 3, 2022
She introduced herself as Rebecca... here are some stills of the view into the kitchen showing Selmar and Dan seated, SJ has left the table to greet Jason and Rebecca is girl who welcomed him.

1642445134046.png
1642445150074.png
1642445165962.png

• Haha
  • Wow

Clara Burnett

VIP Member
Now don't come at me everyone, as I would never volunteer at the Shitoo, but I'd love to get in that pantry and throw out expired shit and organise the shelves. I hope Maria or Sabine does something like this. I bet the shelves they are a complete mess, with opened stuff attracting mice and moths etc.
Believe me, it's been done before by several brave people like yourself. Hell, I have even rolled up my sleeves myself. But whatever system is put in place for storing food after clean ups like this, it won't hold up against SJ's propagated lifestyle of debilitating laziness and mice and rats are back in business before you know it.

I haven't watched the Patreon videos yet, but thanks for sharing them!

I just saw this on FB and I am dying laughing at Support Squirrel collaged in the corner, where he belongs. Not in the actual thumbnail 😂 😂

View attachment 1000958
That BG is a real piece of work, isn't she? Ignoring all controversy around the charlataine and just keep promoting her business partners as if they are the royal family. Brenda, you truly disgust me.

Last edited: