Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Jeeves

VIP Member
I remember also a screenshot of Dan's leaflet here where his prices were stated. 120€/day if I remember correctly.
Wonder if he he has a "call out "charge for those plumbing emergencies? Maybe someone should let him know the going rate for "callouts" outside of working hours.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28

Jeeves

VIP Member
Not everyone is practical and able to do manual work including decorating, not defending Nic or Potty but I seem to recall SJ saying that Nic had organised and paid Ian to sort out the gardeners cottage bathroom, so I don’t think he is completely useless and didn’t Potty have a lot to do with sorting out his own apartment, they seem to be more moral support and the odd cash influx before the grannies took over. I do think they are ‘good guys’ because for some inexplicable reason they stick by her come what may, it’s her dream and now it’s her YouTube money and her Patreon money so I suspect they have less influence with her as she is less reliant on them. So I think to call them lazy is a bit harsh, Lalaland is just a very small part of their life, it’s not their dream it’s just a holiday home, their investment is with her not the building, that just the way I see it
Not everyone is practical - I agree. However they don't need a great deal of skill or natural aptitude to be able to help with cleaning or clearing up in the farmhouse or around the grounds! They are more than lazy, bone idle!

• Heart

shaken&stirred

Chatty Member
I expect to see foolish patrons begin sending individual pieces and place settings of the desired pattern to Cadeaux. SJ will gleefully accept it all and have a complete set by summer.

A couple of years ago, in her early grifting days, pre-Cadeaux, I recall SJ complained at Easter that she didn’t have a complete set of Faberge egg plates, and voila they arrived in the mail. She’s mastered the system of casually mentioning what’s missing/needed/enjoyed and 2 months later it appears in Cadeaux and SJ exclaims, “but how did they know, you’re far too generous, I never could have imagined I’d ever have a full set”.

But never will SJ say “stop, please don’t send us things, and save your money because we have enough”!
When SJ curated the Christie’s auction, there was a Louis XV silver hot chocolate pot in one of her vignettes. She looked into the camera and said how nice it would be to have it. I fully expect to see it in use at some point at the shitoo.

• Wow
  • Heart

KiKiGee

VIP Member
This is what Stephanie Jarvis and Lalande's, "spawning their magic" looks like??? (Julia Leach's quote from her Lalande terrace speech, 6/22/21.)

It does not seem to be going well for Julia Leach and family. They have gone radio silent on YT and IG until they had a mention in the 1/22, BBC Stephanie Jarvis, article. Julia came out of hiding and had a IG post 2hrs ago. The middle of the night in California. It's a visa issue. Maybe, they should distance themselves from SJ and Co.???

theladyofthechateau
2 HOURS AGO
Just waiting on visas, then we can return to our new love!
#puyvidal #chateaudupuyvidal #theladyofthechateau #charante #chateau #frenchvillage #frenchlifestyle #frenchcountrystyle #pocket_allnature #escapetothechateau #escapetothediy #france #travelgram #patrimoine #europeantown #fairytailcore #europeanstyle #eurotrip #dreamingofachateau #ladyofthechateau #frenchsalon

No #chateaudelalande, #lalande #chateaudiaries, #stephaniejarvis.

👇 From https://www.bbc.com/news/business-59950666

1642415136566.png

Julia Leach (right) wanted to swap New York for a quieter life in France

One person who bought a French chateau from Mr Chassin over the past year is American, Julia Leach.
The 30-year-old was inspired to purchase one after becoming an avid viewer of Ms Jarvis' The Chateau Diaries while she lived in New York.
"The contrast was stark between the hustle and work culture I was immersed in, and the slower pace of life of Stephanie's videos pulled at my heart," says Ms Leach, who shared Jarvis' videos with her family in California.
So in April 2021, Ms Leach, her partner, sister and their parents pooled their financial resources to buy the 12-bedroom, 13th-Century Chateau du Puy Vidal in Charente, southwest France, for €2.2m (£1.8m).

Ms Leach, who previously worked in film and television production, plans to turn the castle into a studio facility for filmmakers. And she naturally has also set up a YouTube channel - Lady of the Chateau Productions - which already has 13,000 subscribers.

So, until then I can only imagine how much the carrying cost must be???
Mom and Dad look less than pleased, dinning on packaged ham during their November visit to the chateau. Love the wonky candles.

259351843_116471347514106_872020982923578667_n.jpg

NOVEMBER 22, 2021

Back in California...
265027894_217000597147335_7804968369922911846_n.jpg

DECEMBER 9, 2021
marucaleach
Today she turned 27 and her papa still is tying her shoes laces

The California house is not on the market. Perhaps, Mom and Dad Leach have decided not to make the move???
At least, learn to speak French before embarking on a new life in France. Evidence,👇 IG comment... and Julia's vlog about how difficult it was to set up utilities in broken French.
lestermachadoart
Congratulations. Time to find a French teacher

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha

Sparrowsfart

VIP Member
well thank you.. we were brought up without a fuss..my father was very down to earth..always busy and working to keep the business running..my mother also was very grounded..we grew up, my sister and me in the seventies..it wasnt easy to keep all things going..back then..we had to work even as young children..to help on the land..be polite ...to the staff..to guests who came..to my grandfather who was very loving but scary at the same time..he was born in 1894.. and very distant..i always say..visiting my fathers family was more like an audience then a family gathering..they all were very classy and strickt..my father was nothing like that..he could mingle with all kind of people..we didnt live at the big house back then...so i had a very normal upbringing..had to work, there was no room for sillyness..there was always money..but we were not spoiled at all..so i guess my upbringing got me to where i am now...i know my place..i hate drama, i can enjoy our house and estate...but i also see the other side..i also always had a job besides our estate..i think its very usefull for people of privilege to actually work...and dont take nothing for granted..and know what the world is really like...not just live in your own precious and privileged bubble..
I'm not wealthy at all and I always say everyone should work in retail at least once so you get to see all the crazy people.
When I worked in retail one of my sons did at the same time. We used to come home and discuss our most interesting customer of the day. He won this little competition forever one day with the story of the man who came in to get a refund for his drone. He bought the empty box back in and explained how when he was flying the drone it flew away never to be seen again! My son had to spent the next hour explaining over and over (very politely) this is not the type of thing an extended warranty covers! He then had to get his boss to go thru it all again.

• Haha
  • Heart

Rory

VIP Member
I had the impression Selmar needed direction - do this, do that. Maybe IJ did this. She definitely defended him when he did whibbly wobbly edges on planters, and SJ was unhappy. Once IJ left we suddenly learn (quoted from SJ to Selmar), he is a late riser (after 1200) and his tasks drag on. He was also left without guidance. So the compost boxes become the size of Natti’s apt, he is talking about paddling in marquis apt, agreeing to become a stonemason, building random bonfires, etc. SJ not engaging with him. There is also Parkinson’s law - “work expands to fit the deadline”. No deadlines, Selmar saw himself there forever-so tasks took forever.

• Sad
  • Heart

Espe

VIP Member
Private financing? What idiots would back Sillymar & Tatty financially to purchase that chateau?
If, by some hook or crook, they are able to get private financing, they are heading straight for an enormous disaster. Neither of them is capable of running a successful business and Tatyana will be facing being declared bankrupt yet again!

• Heart

Midnightcowboy

More smoke and mirrors......
Dan is doing Dan stuff.
Annemarie and Nattie are.....well they are posting stuff.
Stephameeeee and Snorts are...... probably hiding behind the settee, waiting for the sh1t to fall, and deny all responsibility.

• Haha

KyBourbon

VIP Member
Just watched this on YouTube and almost choked with laughter…Stephanie Jarvis…”My Struggle”….😆😆😆. Didn’t someone else write a book with that name? 🤔 Oh….and the narrator makes it look like Michael is some kind of financial wizard, helping SJ to monetize her channel! Too bad he couldn’t succeed with his own channel.

F5A2F5D7-ED38-44CA-ABB9-D834418E1A57.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Nutti IG post...
The relationship is new and she is already going down memory lane??? They do look like a middle aged married couple on vacation.
View attachment 993586

@life_wood_n_food
3 hours ago
Making some space on my phone for our holiday footage and found this little video. Couldn't stop laughing!🤣 Amaury took very seriously Stephanie's petition to look after me 😜😍 (The video was made when we started dating) At @chateaudelalande we use to join for movie night or to watch @stephanieejarvis vlog all together 😊 #funtimes #chateaulife #lovestory #movienight #chateaudiaries #dreamham #holidays
Chateau de la Lande

View attachment 993654

View attachment 993611 View attachment 993612
Gotta wonder if Armoire is Nutti's first boyfriend, but whatever...one's thing's for sure Miss O' Brien and Mister Barrow don't look amused. :LOL:

1642365468543.png

Living at Lalande breeds and cultivates quite an unhealthy desperation for romance.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

OhIDontKnow...

VIP Member
This is how it starts. Caroline and her ilk make sure his work is seen as nothing but a botch job and his comment box will fill with instructions and criticism. And goodness me if SJ finds something done not as she likes after her return... Dan has become a real rival to Billy, Edd and other chateau vloggers, now is the perfect time to push him down, SJ will start to hear laughter behind her back soon.
Dan is building a foundation of filming skills that he can keep and move on with regardless of what happens with her. He’s being smart about it. If I had been hired as a gardener as he was I sure as hell would have taken a piece for myself. I wouldn’t want to filmed doing my job so someone else could profit. Especially if I was a popular part of their videos. That’s all downside with none of the benefits otherwise.

If he builds an following of his own he will be fine. He also doesn’t pull any games so he’s not going to be found out eventually and deserted by his viewers. I have to say though he’s making some people look bad with the speed at which he completes projects. Mainly Selmar. Phillip looks pretty useless in comparison as well. Ian needs to speed up as well.

I do think things will get done this year because Dan and Anne Marie are going to do them. Cousin is the voice of reason. Cousin also walked into a shit pile of a mess and has thrown away tons of debris. PhiPhi hasn’t really done anything but decorate and chauffeur. What they made with the gift channel probably doesn’t even cover his salary, which makes him a net loss. But a hooker does have to be paid.

I’ll happily watch Dan complete diy projects at the Shitoo. It satisfies my OCD quite nicely.

• Haha

KyBourbon

VIP Member
I had never heard of, or seen, the Grey Gardens documentary (1975) until it was mentioned here on Tattle. I just watched it today on YouTube. I can definitely see the similarities between the two Edies and IJ / SJ. In both cases, a mother and daughter living on a large estate and letting it fall to ruin. Surrounded by “workers” who either aren’t really helping or aren’t making much progress. Abandoned by the strong men in their lives (in the documentary it was by divorce, and at LaLaLande it was by death). In both cases, overbearing mothers. Makes you wonder…if SJ’s father were alive, would he have allowed all of the YouTube and Patreon circus show to happen? If you haven’t seen the Grey Gardens documentary, I recommend it; kind of difficult to watch, but I read that the two Edies didn’t mind the film…they lived life on their own terms and didn’t care what anyone else thought.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Clara Burnett

VIP Member
I've never seen Nic lift a finger, except to heard sheep while wearing a stupid chicken mask' The last time I saw Potty do any work was laying some floor boards when building out his apartment. Have Nic or Potty ever lifted a screwdriver, scraper or paint brush? I've seen Potty walk around and point out work that needs to be done (ex: red bathroom, weeds in the moat) just before he jumps in his car to leave Their laissez faire approach astounds me. Lazy gits with no pride of ownership.
Potty as well as Larkin are both completely non-technical as well as lazy when it comes to manual labor. There's always the stories how back in the days they dug out the vegetable garden beds and emptied the lake etc etc, but those days have long done. I have personally never seen either of them lift a finger. And what's more, they not only don't do any of the work needed, but they truly believe they don't have to do it because they have "staff" to do it for them. Seriously, both of them are not much better than SJ is when it comes to this.

I know nothing about employment law / rules but did note that Steph says she has "contracted" Am friend of Dan as carpenter and Kirstie as new gardener in her recent video You tube is Renovating My Chateau, seems "a strange turn of phrase" to me and not something I would use when describing my gardener and joiner who are both paid on invoices they send to me monthly for any work done. Is Steph going down the correct paper trail route at last ?
I will only believe that when I see that paper trail myself. My guess until then is no though, no way.

• Wow

T Rex

VIP Member
I agree! She is such an impressive woman.. her field is very difficult to enter and even more difficult to last and get promoted. And then she has the balls to move industries and re-learn regulations... Kudos Marie! Now if only you could stop your child being used in the GAG circus, that'd be awesome!

Her mistake in pronouncing AVSEC had me in tears! Let's just say as someone who speaks English as a second language I can relate! 😂 😂
I did get a chuckle out of that as well, as she pronounced it "OPSEC", and then caught herself! (Well, technically, she does have to practise good Operational Security in her job!) For a person who grew up in France, speaks English fluently, and admits German is her strongest language, I am really impressed! I suspect she has tried to establish boundaries when it comes to Antoine (Marie seems to be a very good mother), but Fanny doesn't give 2 forks as she's a petulant child who does whatever she pleases, and Headless Nick lacks the cajones to set Fanny straight. It must be difficult for Marie, as it always seems they have to walk on eggshells to appease Princess Fanny, and that has got to be quite a feat for an independent, intelligent woman who is successful in her own right. I don't understand, though, Headless Nick and Potty's obsession with catering to Fanny- both men are with successful, beautiful women, yet they always feel compelled to appease Fanny. What on earth is Fanny holding over their heads?

• Heart

oooLaLande

VIP Member
I see you're feeling perky and even frisky. Hoping this finds you well.
thank you I am feeling much better. Got my negative COVID test today and I think that made everything a bit better.. although for some reason I'm still not eager to leave the home... I was born to be a hermit it seems LOL

• Heart

OhIDontKnow...

VIP Member
Make an innocent observation in Dan’s comments and watch the Stephenders try to turn it into a situation. He’s gotten more done there this week than her whole freaking team did in 6 months.
And they call US the hate site.
I see Caroline is all up in Dan’s comments criticizing him for hiding. Can’t take the spotlight off of her or the die hards will come for you. Watch out Dan!