Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

OhIDontKnow...

VIP Member
I have no idea what the cost of a kitchen is in France but my kitchen reno in 2019 cost AUD$40k for a partial as I didn't have to replace the granite benchtops. I hope their patrons and coffee buyers are feeling generous.
Totally depends on how much you do yourself and who you get to do the work. Also what materials you choose.

I really don’t understand the fascination with high end kitchens. But then again it’s just me and hubs, no kids, and not tons of entertaining. I find it totally hilarious when people trick out their kitchen and they can barely cook.

Reactions: 27

KyBourbon

VIP Member
i just watched sadies vlog..Mo his friends has to move the old aga..and Teabeg is nowhere to be seen..what a lazy old shit..Its very clear all them around there live their own lives..exept Pa... who is always present ...if they were all like pa.. 🙄 but pa is from an older generation.. those people helped eachother..nowadays its all for themselves and God for us all..
Teabag is too busy rapping with Florian in the cottage to help out. Last time Teabag checked-in, he was packing up his Spode in preparation for cottage work. Now it’s just a waiting game…🙄

• Haha
  • Sad

Sunnee

Chatty Member
i doubt that they are going to sell that bordeaux house
Agreed. Especially since they began to call it their "Passion Project". Using the Jarvis Code, " We really hate it, but we will be forced to sell. Even tho' this is our passion project....but we will continue to put money into it, including a pool." And then the crazies start to throw patron donations to them with the sentiment, "You shouldn't have to sell your life's work because of that bad old pandemic!!! Here is $$$$$."

• Sick
  • Haha

Pyke

VIP Member
FRK does not wish Sarah Mack well...😶

View attachment 997509
I bet she (Sarah) fell ill when she saw the prices FRK was charging for her floral courses. Whatever money arrangement they had, I bet she decided she was not going to work for hours editing, showing Marie in a good light after having to watch hours of her rubbish "anyways" and "tee..he..heees" and Haworth Main Street cobbles and even more jam jars and select suitable music. Good Luck to Sarah, but pick your next co You Tuber a bit more carefully. Marie is going to busy now !! unless she finds some other fool to edit for her.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Beau Monde

VIP Member
I wish Dan would do another cooking vlog. The pointing is kind of a bore. (And you know there will be two more pointing slogs before it's all over). Speaking of cooking, I made a delicious chicken soup tonight. With matza balls, and I'm not even Jewish. Matza balls are incredibly delicious. I made them from a store bought mix, but I suspect it's just breadcrumbs and baking powder. You add eggs and some oil to the mix and they puff up wonderfully. So good on a cold night.

Bleu Lala

Chatty Member
Wait until they figure out that mummeee also have an apartment in the south of France.....
And property in London... Hopefully, they'll say, wait a minute... Why am I giving money to people that have multiple properties all over the world and travel all the time and buy expensive things that I could never afford... Why do they need my money?
Seriously, between the owner and the family what properties do they own and how much are they worth?

LaLaLande owned by SJ, NL, MP worth ?
1 Apartment in London owned by SJ worth ?
1 House in England owned by? Worth ?
1 Beach House in South Africa owned by IJ worth ?
1 Apartment in the South of France IJ worth ?
How many properties does Gerry, Percy, NL & MP own?

Last edited:
  • Heart

Lady Avonlea

VIP Member
Make an innocent observation in Dan’s comments and watch the Stephenders try to turn it into a situation. He’s gotten more done there this week than her whole freaking team did in 6 months.
And they call US the hate site.
Wow - that's nasty! Based on her comment about the pergola, if Caroline Gooder is Stephanme, I suggest Dan find another job.

A new thread.
Belated congratulations to all, and @Maple fairy for becoming VIP before Heathcliffe.
I wonder how many more will become VIP before Heathcliffe... 🤭
Heathcliffe is all about quality, not quantity! ;)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26

ploppityplop2

VIP Member
I've got some real steals over the years at Emmaus. Pre covid, our local one used to do a twice yearly sale of jewellery that was donated I've picked up some stunning silver pieces for under a euro. Used to go every Wednesday afternoon (first day open to the public each week). I've also donated loads too! Haven't been to our local one in nearly 2 years now, don't fancy being stuck in there with loads of people at this present time though.
I used to enjoy the Emmaus vlogs until camelpants turned up!

its so annoying ...just having a few friends over and another thread has started..not able to react on the previous...well Ruth your live in Amsterdam..its a mix of the best place you can be...and also the worst..i never liked it...i have to be there from time to time...but i for sure wouldnt want to live there..

this afternoon i saw the Grey Gardens movie..omg those actresses did a very good job...they clearly had a good back up with the docu..nevertheless..i enjoyed it..very much..

Last edited:
  • Heart
Anna and Phillip on How to Renovate a Chateau Seem to have it figured out. They’re pretty honest it seems with the revenue he thanks his patrons all the time for things that they’ve helped buy at the Château like the mulcher etc. I also read saw I can’t remember where sorry everyone that they might actually be able to stop renting out the rooms or reuse the amount of nights they and focus more on contents as they’re doing really well. Philip’s Background is film and their blogs make me laugh every single time I watch them and they’re interesting. I like the mixing up of things to sometimes we get them renovating the château sometimes we get them going on a road trip I enjoy it. I don’t mind paid partnerships either as long as they’re honest about it and even how they bring them into the 20 minute Vlog is kind of fun. They seem to have good taste to all the rooms that they’ve redone I’ve liked there well done and looked to be done correctly. OK maybe some of the chairs in the room are kind of blah but they’ll fix that eventually.

• Heart

Sparrowsfart

VIP Member
Nope, as I said before, what he's working on is just the corridor to the actual pantry. But because they are so messy, a lot of the time food is also stored in this corridor because there's no more space left in the actual pantry or because it is just easier to dump it there. Maybe that's why Dan still calls the corridor pantry...
Now don't come at me everyone, as I would never volunteer at the Shitoo, but I'd love to get in that pantry and throw out expired shit and organise the shelves. I hope Maria or Sabine does something like this. I bet the shelves they are a complete mess, with opened stuff attracting mice and moths etc.

• Heart
  • Sick

Green Fairy

VIP Member
One thing that certainly was highlighted by her intro to the interview with Marie is how much healthier her mother and Percy looked. I know we have speculated ad nauseum about causes but the difference is striking. Does she starve everyone into submission. It would be very interesting to know the cause.
I thought they looked healthier too. Mini Apron even looked like she'd put on a little weight, and it suited her. Nice to see Gerry not wearing tartan, and lovely not to have snorting from behind the camera. I did think Fanny was waxing on a little too much about how lovely it was to be reunited with Mummy, while IJ just smiled. Quite telling.

• Heart
  • Haha

KyBourbon

VIP Member
Bit rich for SJ to bitch about Natti being working-class when she fawns over Michael and the Trotters!
SJ also probably made that “working class” comment to Michael in private about someone, and Michael took it heart! He definitely avoids work…it’s so”lower class” isn’t it, Teabag? Need to wear Ralph Lauren, Louis Vuitton, Gucci, and shiny white sneaks to make sure everyone knows you don’t lift a finger. Much better to hold out your hand and beg for it like your hero SJ, instead. When Teabeg borrowed €500 from SJ last year, I’ll bet tongues were wagging at LaLaLande. What’s even worse or lower than working class in SJ’s mind? A “friend” who has to beg her for money!

• Haha

Pekey

VIP Member
Appeared on my You Tube feed "So Chateaux TV".
French Architect and Interior Designer Jacques Garcia Chateau du Champ-de-Bataille, Normandy AMAZING and not furnished via Stephs charity shop finds.
The bedroom amused me with its sacred barrier in front of bed Steph must get one, just imagine Snorts pleading to be let through.
The display of China on corbels on wooden panelling, way to go Steph, not hot glued Wedgewood !
The gardens are superb and Dan, Kirstie, Davey, Nic and Matt have NO CHANCE.
Well worth a watch if a real Chateau is your thing.
Oh Pyke...... just looked at it ! Wow and another Wow !!!
Oh the interior , china, furniture and then the garden ....... my husband is doing a small orchid house down the back ..... no it does not look anything as grand as that but I have to show him.
I do hope they never get that box wood disease and I would love to be there when the roses are blooming.
Thank you - I really enjoyed it .
Eat your heart out Fanny!

bee french jumps in...
bee french @philip janssen thank you. I saw South Africa in steph previous vlogs but would love to see South Africa through “your eyes”. Would you consider doing a woodland watch episode from sa?
S Private @bee french great idea! please Philip? please???? SA woodland vlog! please?
Philip Janssen @bee french OMG I’d love to!! That’s a great idea! I’ll try and get some of the animals on camera - if I succeed, I’ll 100% share the video
Oh yes..... please do a Woodland Watch in SA but ....... stay with the camera ALL NIGHT....... that is when the hungry lions come out !!!!🤣🦁🦁🦏

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

Xorubyxo123

I really like what Dan did with that little corridor. Looks much cleaner. When he showed the before pictures, the difference is huge. It looked kind of unhygienic too, I know it is not the actual pantry but still... it's close to the food. This made me wonder in what state the pantry is lol

• Heart
  • Wow
As far as I know the snorting Squirrel is till enlisted as self employed in The Netherlands. He might even get an unemployments cheque each month from that, but I'm not exactly sure about that. Don't know about the others.
when he is selfemployed he doesnt get an unemployments cheque...and if he wasnt.. he has to apply to jobs every month..and has to be in The Netherlands...maybe he is still registered in The Netherlands...but if they get wind of this...getting paid and apply for unemployment benefits he is in deep trouble..

Jeeves

VIP Member
Totally disagree with this they both work full time and visit for a holiday not to spend time cleaning up Fanny’s mess, they have been bunging her money for years to keep her dream alive
As co-owners they have a vested interest and a responsibility to the upkeep of the premises. It might be a holiday home but it is also their investment.

Last edited:
  • Heart