The Chateau Diaries #102 Happy Loo Year, Fanny! The Bleu Loogoon Ain’t Finished Yet!”

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think Selmar and T may end up going for a smaller place and finding some whimsical excuse about how it's better for their 'adventures' - I'm being highly positive here as I can't see anything being a success if I'm being brutally honest.

Reactions: 20
Well, Selmar has made another attempt to get some more supporters. He and T are now getting desperate and at last may be realising that they are not going to get the money to fund the chateau. However, each vlog attempt to summon up support gets worse. This time, he's trying to demonstrate that he has appropriate experience to organise festivals. It's a horrible failure as it's patently obvious that what he thinks is relevant experience is just the fact that he has attended various festivals and dressed up in costumes. He even stated that he had "visited many chateaux", this was on his walks and bike rides in France with Diesel and is totally irrelevant. He also mentions that he has been to some mediaeval villages and the festivals will be mediaeval ones! He shows photos of the chateaux, villages, and even churches, that he showed in his boring vlogs. To attempt to give credibility, he mentions the names of bands who have played at the festivals he attended and says they will be playing, I doubt if he's actually asked them. He also has pictures of glamping facilities and tents with chairs and tables. Either these are from festivals he's attended or they are taken from other people's advertisements. He also mentions a firm who makes eco-toilets. None of this shows that he or Tatty have any relevant experience of organising anything except his extremely sad and boring looking "mystic salon" tango sessions! The English in his titles is appalling. As T is a native speaker, surely she could have edited that for him! I don't think I have ever seen anyone so delusional. Go back home, Selmar, and if you think your dance salons worked, carry on doing that. If SJ allows them to remain at LL and run a festival there, she's a lot dafter than I thought!
One has to presume then that the bands, groups, stallholders, temporary building providers, other competitors/ event organisers are no doubt refusing to book anywhere else this year just in case S & T get their Chateau. - I don't think so. The time and costs involved in getting the infrastructure set up alone will be astronomical Been there, done that.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
he takes a better photo than Potts
Potty is a very boring photographer. His IG account and the book he recently published is filled with hundreds of photos of Amsterdam at night. They all look the same after awhile. He's another one dimensional person who thinks very highly of himself. Okay, I'll commend his bread baking skills. Maybe he should open a bakery.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Yessssss! I caught that, who was that girl who welcomed him , I do not think it was Nuttallia…And who knocks on the window while people are eating? He is very,very desperate!
Yessssss! I caught that, who was that girl who welcomed him , I do not think it was Nuttallia…And who knocks on the window while people are eating? He is very,very desperate!
She introduced herself as Rebecca... here are some stills of the view into the kitchen showing Selmar and Dan seated, SJ has left the table to greet Jason and Rebecca is girl who welcomed him

Attachments

Reactions: 9
What I find interesting is the Pethricks advised SJ to create an association Is Michael’s account an association? How did they come to know so much about the ins and outs. Has Michael been audited? Or did he just pay the tax.
I think the only Petherick that SJ is close to is Michael. I don’t think any of the other Pethericks really care much (if at all) about SJ, her finances, and her farmhouse dump…so I’d be surprised if Billy, Gwen, Pa, or Ma gave her any advice. They have no incentive to help her. But, if SJ took financial advice from Michael, she’s truly an idiot. MPK couldn’t manage his way out of a paper bag, let alone provide sound financial advice (unless it involved paying for rent boys or AGA restoration). He can’t even drive himself to a bank.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Thank you. I have no idea how non-profits work in France. Are all non-profit organizations $$ amounts on the internet? Are you saying she is going to show the numbers in patreon? If she doesn't, how does one go about finding the numbers? I realize patrons can ask but what is the recourse if she doesn't show them? She will just have a huge drop in patrons? Or, sleuths here know where to go find the info?
I'm following Stefanny's filings on societe.com and might pay few euros for access to her financial reports when they come available. She has promised to publish the numbers as soon as her accountant is ready though. If she doesn't show where the money goes, I'm sure some Patreons will riot.

The association is also required to organise an annual general meeting and to invite all the members (=Patreons) of the association to it. I wonder how that legal requirement will be fulfilled?

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
I agree. But who can check and control what she really does with her Patrons' money ?
The Patrons don't seem to ask too many questions. The French tax office doesn't seem to be able to control a UK based (?) Patreon company. The Patreon company is not interested in knowing how the money collected on their platform is spent.

This is a genuine question : Who can legally control what she does with this money ?
Fanny has to account for any funds she brings into the association and show receipts for expenses that’s what the accountants are working on. Patreon is based in the US, they are a platform for donations but they do report income in the US if it meets the thresholds for self employment tax

The income has to be accounted for even though it’s flowing through to her non profit. She should have separate banking for the association. And, remember that we’ve already been set up for the inevitable when Fanny purchased organizing trays to keep track of her receipts. Ridiculous.

As Clara has said, she can spend the money anyway she wants and tell her Patreons anything, but if she doesn’t follow the tax rules for the association the money is no longer tax free and she will have to pay taxes on it.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I think the only Petherick that SJ is close to is Michael. I don’t think any of the other Pethericks really care much (if at all) about SJ, her finances, and her farmhouse dump…so I’d be surprised if Billy, Gwen, Pa, or Ma gave her any advice. They have no incentive to help her. But, if SJ took financial advice from Michael, she’s truly an idiot. MPK couldn’t manage his way out of a paper bag, let alone provide sound financial advice (unless it involved paying for rent boys or AGA restoration). He can’t even drive himself to a bank.
Didn't Michael suggest Jailbird Jill ( thanks Definitely Maybe!) the Petherick's accountant to 'help' with the accounts initially? I could be wrong.:unsure:

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
I dare to disagree. Especially when the Tax man leaves an astronomical bill for her to pay, the patrons are going to hear all about that, including another poor me beg story to help her fund it.
Where I am from there are way too many loopholes for non-profits/wealthy to actually think the tax man is coming. So, if we don't hear a poor me beg story soon are we to surmise that it all worked out with the tax man and her accountant?

Any serious charitable organisation would promptly provide accounts for its donators.
The Shittolaine is very likely building up her "bas de laine", and greedily waving it in everyone's face.
Thank you. Are patrons going to get a tax certificate for their donation to her association? Maybe this is just really new territory, but I can't wrap my head around how being a patron is going to give you access to her accounts. It will be interesting though (if she ever discusses it again) and thank you for your explanation.

Reactions: 12
She introduced herself as Rebecca... here are some stills of the view into the kitchen showing Selmar and Dan seated, SJ has left the table to greet Jason and Rebecca is girl who welcomed him
Rebeka Sastakovica, volunteer/maid, that organized ribbon and trim in the attic. She left after Halloween.
It is interesting that she was tasked to greet, Jason Dubey.

1641230284668.png
1641230299519.png

1641230318060.png

• Wow
Reactions: 14
I'm following Stefanny's filings on societe.com and might pay few euros for access to her financial reports when they come available. She has promised to publish the numbers as soon as her accountant is ready though. If she doesn't show where the money goes, I'm sure some Patreons will riot.

The association is also required to organise an annual general meeting and to invite all the members (=Patreos) of the association to it. I wonder how that legal requirement will be fulfilled?
So, really, the setup of the association (not Patreon) is what’s holding SJ accountable for how the money is spent. She would probably have been better off without the association…just collecting the Patreon funds and keeping everything “under the rug.” Wouldn’t it be fitting if MPK or his accountant had recommended the whole association setup? Causing SJ a lot of headache? MPK is someone who causes issues everywhere he goes, bringing down the people he touches (bad karma I guess you could say).

Reactions: 20

If, like me, you were worried about how Curtis obtained the moody pictures of the party princess in her one - off bespoke yellow gown in the grande salon, here is how they were done.

"The Photoshoot with Curtis!
Hello everyone! Here's the 'behind the scenes' video that Curtis made of our end-of-2021 photoshoot at Lalande. You'll see Lalande through his eyes - dramatic music, moody shots, and a brooding intensity rarely seen in my videos. I love it! I love the way Lalande changes depending on the eye of the beholder.

Working with Curtis was a joy. He brought his vision - dressing me in rarely-seen black, and off-setting my joyful Villioti gown against the unfinished, raw backdrop of the grand salon. For me, those grand salon shots are a perfect representation of the occasional moments of introspection as I am awestruck by my sense of responsibility for all of the Lalanders, for my viewers and patrons, and above all, for this chateau.

I'm amazed at how Curtis captured my innermost feelings - which is why I'm so happy to share this photoshoot with you. My favourite photo is the one that I gave to you on my previous 'Happy New Year' post, and below I've added a pick of the other shots.

Lots of love,

Stephanie x

PS Though I'm not sure I've forgiven him for making me balance on a 3 inch windowsill for what seemed like an eternity ;)"
The photos are very nicely styled.. featuring a wonky lampshade..
They are also photoshopped within an inch of their life! (and very professionally I might add!)

Looking at these pictures, it feels like I'm having a stroke... she looks familiar, I recognize her, but she is not Steffy!

Also, the Peacock feather... I did it fist, and I did it better :LOL: Glad my avatar was an inspiration...

In the last picture... doesn't she look like Curtis?

5D512D99-DCDE-4122-80C8-D55A6949C98F.jpeg

Screen Shot 2022-01-03 at 09.17.28.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-03 at 09.18.10.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-03 at 09.19.15.png

r8qL8Iin_400x400.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
The mention of Chateau Diaries is banned from the fb site run by Ma P.... you'll be run out of town if you so much whisper SJ or D & A

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
He styled her to look like him! Oh that is weird. Same hair style, eyeliner under her eyes for a change, all black outfit. It’s an improvement. Won’t stick tho. She’s got to be the loudest thing in the room.
My thoughts exactly! I think he photoshopped her to look like him with the same chin in addition to your observations.
Oh thank heavens! I'm not having a stroke! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Rebeka Sastakovica, volunteer/maid, that organized ribbon and trim in the attic. She left after Halloween.
It is interesting that she was tasked to greet, Jason Dubey.

View attachment 961134.
View attachment 961135
View attachment 961136
On his video it looks like she was outside of the kitchen entrance when he pulled up... not sure if she saw the headlights but she then went back in, probably to do a shout out the visitor had arrived and then came out again. Him saying Hi, I'm Jason..her... I'm Rebecca... him... Oh can I just peek through the window to see everyone.... her... yes of course...he was ecstatic... Hi Honey I'm home.. Hi Dan... OMG ! you get the picture....

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 6
The mention of Chateau Diaries is banned from the fb site run by Ma P.... you'll be run out of town if you so much whisper SJ or D & A
No love lost there then! Funny she sat in the kitchen at the shitoo last time MOLD visited. That may explain why Phil had to drive him to SJ.

Reactions: 7
A side by side is in order...

Oh my word… the true state of the building envelope shows here. With no investment in the fabric of the actual building, it is on its way to falling into a bigger ruin (that graduate degree in historical archaeology on my wall is making me scream inside at her). I’m beginning to think 30,000 a month isn’t even close to enough to actually save that farmhouse.

• Haha
Reactions: 15

The association is also required to organise an annual general meeting and to invite all the members (=Patreons) of the association to it. I wonder how that legal requirement will be fulfilled?
Question : did her Patrons received any legal documents telling them they were full members of her French Non Profit Association ?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
The photos are very nicely styled.. featuring a wonky lampshade..
They are also photoshopped within an inch of their life! (and very professionally I might add!)

Looking at these pictures, it feels like I'm having a stroke... she looks familiar, I recognize her, but she is not Steffy!

Also, the Peacock feather... I did it fist, and I did it better :LOL: Glad my avatar was an inspiration...

In the last picture... doesn't she look like Curtis?

View attachment 961152

View attachment 961154

View attachment 961156

View attachment 961158

View attachment 961167
Isn't the purpose of fotoshop to look better? 🤔😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.