The Chateau Diaries #107 IJ. my legs are more beautiful, SJ ah yes but mine can open further

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If you rest your mouse on them they say what they are
Thanks for the tip, but it doesn't work with my keyboard/mouse. I have to confine myself to the most obvious ones. ๐Ÿ™ Hopefully that one just means sad face!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
There is little doubt that SJ is very needy and emotionally draining, Iโ€™m sure IJ would have preferred a more equal partner for her but at the end of the day Squirrel is giving her a break and while heโ€™s around she doesnโ€™t have to go hot footing it over to France to sort out her grown up daughters mess, letโ€™s face it sheโ€™s moved on, has a new man and is enjoying her money and retirement

Reactions: 20
Her mistake in pronouncing AVSEC had me in tears! Let's just say as someone who speaks English as a second language I can relate! ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚
Can I ask which mistake ?

Note : In french, we pronounce the acronyms like a whole word (LOL, ASAP, DRAC, OTAN etc)

Reactions: 6
Sorry I missed the receiving money from the Netherlands comment but if it was that vague it could mean anything from a trust fund or interest on savings or even music revenue if he wrote the boy band songs, just a thought
True. And like I said, he might also have lied about it to make himself look a tat more interesting.

Reactions: 17
Friends of ours have a man like Dan working for them, he is selfemployed...he charges them 25 euros an hour..here in The Netherlands..our gardener has like 15 euros an hour, netto without taxes....he is employed by us..we use the collective labour agreement..Last year we needed more help with the garden...i hired a company in...they charged me 60 euros an hour for a 23 year old man... :oops: ... i declined...and did the work myself..
In France, a (qualified) self employed gardener is paid between 25 and 30 euros per hour.

Reactions: 10
We learn that Scott mans luggage went missing in S.A., well I can tell you when the thief opened it, saw the loads of mis-matched tartan tops and shorts, a joke book and Steradent tablets he promptly placed it back on nearest conveyor belt at the airport and swore he would never try that again !

• Haha
Reactions: 46
I came across this article. Very sad but interesting too. There seems to be a theme of British not learning French, when they move to France. Interesting the the French thought their ideas were not achievable but still entertained their schemes.
I read the article.

The "French" didn't think or say that their idea was not achievable. They said it could work - as golf resorts are very popular in France especially in rural areas where they help the local economy.

Plus the "French" didn't entertain their schemes as the Tourism and Business officer told them all the problems they will have to face ahead.

And refusing to learn french language...

I like the fact that the Tourism and Business officer told the journalist that Brittany (and Mayenne, Berry or Creuse) attract "poor British people" as the rich British go and invest in the South of France.

Reactions: 20
Her legal companies are set up in France.
Her Patreon account is US based. (or is it UK??)
Her bank accounts are UK based.
It doesn't matter where her companies are registered, nowadays banks, tax authorities and government agencies communicate internationally , I know, as I have experienced it myself a few years ago. Where money is concerned, everyone one of them want their pound of flesh.

Reactions: 16
. Emojis can help, e.g. the winking one, but I never know what half of them mean and am afraid to use the wrong one.

This is brilliant ๐Ÿคฉ sent to loads of ppl whom happily converse with emojis
Now ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

Thing is, because this is a gossip site, we must be really accurate in naming facts facts and assumptions assumptions.
Definitely - itโ€™s odd but of late thereโ€™s been ALoT of intrenched position s - with apparently long term posters โ€ฆ.
Whom remind me of other posters since gone โ€ฆ..

Since January seems to be the month of exhaustion from the charlatans and they NEED multiple vacations during a pandemic ๐Ÿ˜ทโ€ฆ.. took time to review there likes ๐Ÿ‘ โ€ฆ. Another odd occurrence lots of newbies โ€ฆ whom ONLY like their posts ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Seems 2022 is still going to be an eventful occasion here on tattle

Too bad they donโ€™t like discussing their charlatan life

Long may you reign Carla โ€ฆ. ๐Ÿ˜ˆ
296BD6E0-49A5-4302-810D-8FB761094E09.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Now don't come at me everyone, as I would never volunteer at the Shitoo, but I'd love to get in that pantry and throw out expired tit and organise the shelves. I hope Maria or Sabine does something like this. I bet the shelves they are a complete mess, with opened stuff attracting mice and moths etc.
I understand where you are coming from. I love organizing, tidying up spaces to clear my mind. When extremely stressed I turn into a cinderella.

Reactions: 16
Sorry I missed the receiving money from the Netherlands comment but if it was that vague it could mean anything from a trust fund or interest on savings or even music revenue if he wrote the boy band songs, just a thought
here in The Netherlands we have to pay the bank 0.5 percent from all your money above 100.000 euro...

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Reading the guardian article

Wonder if fanny the french rule breaker actually got permission to cut down the trees ๐ŸŒฒ in her forest

Taken from article
"They wanted to clear some trees. French law says you have to plant three trees for each one you cut down, not necessarily on your property, but in the region." He pauses. "It was a big problem. In fact, the administration was angry with the Halls because they didn't follow the procedure. We had to calm everything."

Seems as she drained the other small lake in 2021 - I guess thereโ€™s more fines on the way ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

• Haha
Reactions: 23
All through the interview, I was feeling how ODD it was to watch Fanny do an interview without flirting. I'm sure I had a very confused face throughout the entire viewing.
(y)
But lovebombing.
"You brighten up Lala, blah,blah..."

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
One of the Ian's was there when he was repairing the radiator a few days ago. He was in the pink bathroom.
In France I thought work slowed down in August, not January. Definitely not much happening at the shitoo.

I'm not trying to diminish the work which Dan has done because it was work which was needed, was long overdue and he's doing a good job.
However, this is regular upkeep & maintenance. These are the sorts of small projects & chores most owners would do on weekends/holidays around their main home or if they had a 2nd property (ex: hobby farm, cottage, chalet). Why do Nic & Potty, who actually own the shitoo, never do any work even minor chores, when they visit?

I've never seen Nic lift a finger, except to heard sheep while wearing a stupid chicken mask' The last time I saw Potty do any work was laying some floor boards when building out his apartment. Have Nic or Potty ever lifted a screwdriver, scraper or paint brush? I've seen Potty walk around and point out work that needs to be done (ex: red bathroom, weeds in the moat) just before he jumps in his car to leave Their laissez faire approach astounds me. Lazy gits with no pride of ownership.

Reading the guardian article

Wonder if fanny the french rule breaker actually got permission to cut down the trees ๐ŸŒฒ in her forest

Taken from article
"They wanted to clear some trees. French law says you have to plant three trees for each one you cut down, not necessarily on your property, but in the region." He pauses. "It was a big problem. In fact, the administration was angry with the Halls because they didn't follow the procedure. We had to calm everything."

Seems as she drained the other small lake in 2021 - I guess thereโ€™s more fines on the way ๐Ÿ˜ˆ
Now we know why Fanny mentioned she is going to grow Christmas trees on the property. It's not her altruism and love of flora & fauna - it's because she has to.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Here's someone, thank you for the reference. What we do know for sure is that SJ is not being transparent about things she should be very transparent about to avoid not only problems with the French government, but any appearance of fraud. She's been asked these questions over and over again, says she's running a non profit organization based on donations but refuses to account for the spending, at least up until now. These are all facts you can try to ignore by calling us gossipers and direct us to the sewer of humanity, they won't go away.

Maybe you shouldn't have disguised it in your accusations then.

And that's the point: they shouldn't be, because these things are regulated by laws. When as an employer SJ claims she employs people, she can easily proof this as facts by showing the contracts, with or without the accompanying numbers. She never has, not even to the people who are paying her bills.
I know nothing about employment law / rules but did note that Steph says she has "contracted" Am friend of Dan as carpenter and Kirstie as new gardener in her recent video You tube is Renovating My Chateau, seems "a strange turn of phrase" to me and not something I would use when describing my gardener and joiner who are both paid on invoices they send to me monthly for any work done. Is Steph going down the correct paper trail route at last ?

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I've never seen Nic lift a finger, except to heard sheep while wearing a stupid chicken mask' The last time I saw Potty do any work was laying some floor boards when building out his apartment. Have Nic or Potty ever lifted a screwdriver, scraper or paint brush? I've seen Potty walk around and point out work that needs to be done (ex: red bathroom, weeds in the moat) just before he jumps in his car to leave Their laissez faire approach astounds me. Lazy gits with no pride of ownership.
Potty as well as Larkin are both completely non-technical as well as lazy when it comes to manual labor. There's always the stories how back in the days they dug out the vegetable garden beds and emptied the lake etc etc, but those days have long done. I have personally never seen either of them lift a finger. And what's more, they not only don't do any of the work needed, but they truly believe they don't have to do it because they have "staff" to do it for them. Seriously, both of them are not much better than SJ is when it comes to this.

I know nothing about employment law / rules but did note that Steph says she has "contracted" Am friend of Dan as carpenter and Kirstie as new gardener in her recent video You tube is Renovating My Chateau, seems "a strange turn of phrase" to me and not something I would use when describing my gardener and joiner who are both paid on invoices they send to me monthly for any work done. Is Steph going down the correct paper trail route at last ?
I will only believe that when I see that paper trail myself. My guess until then is no though, no way.

• Wow
Reactions: 28
Some random things-

Discovered at my grocery store yesterday there are several versions of Ghirardelli brownie mix- Double Chocolate, Triple Fudge, Caramel, Dark Chocolate, Chocolate Supreme. I think it was @T Rex who suggested that brand. Chose the "dark chocolate" thinking it would be a bit healthier. ๐Ÿ˜‹

On the mention of salaries SJ pays, wouldn't she also need to pay a cleaner for her London flat she rents out? Also payment for a company to oversee the rentals?

Does anyone else think after a month-long vacation together Nati and Cuz will decide they aren't suited for each other after all... or, maybe they'll come back married?

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.