Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Rory

VIP Member
please dont tell him to read Wikipedia. They get a hell of a lot of stuff wrong, or just change it . Even its ïnventor" is disgusted with the way Wiki has gone. :) SJ makes that mistake a lot of times, she gets her info quite wrong. Sorry just editing to say in IMHO
😉😉I did say “beyond Wikipedia”.

Reactions: 9

Perplexed bee

You obviously don't know any stylist then as "stylist" is a general term for many different types of stylist including costume designers at times. Trust me, they come in all shapes, sizes, ages and choices of looks for themselves. They do not have a cookie cutter look in the least. The most talented stylists I have worked with do not walk around looking like they are runway models wearing the latest most expensive fad 🤷‍♀️
None, as I said, but I looked at her website and had some expectations (no, not at all the runway-type, I guess you are more than aware of the famous saying "fashion fades, style is eternal").. and back at her first appearance on CD, and I went "meh"

Geordieboy71

When Squirrelboy's parents visited last summer they must have cleaned out his bedroom at home and, along with his grandparents crap stored in their attic, filled up the boot of their car and brought it all to the shitoo.
And possibly clapping their hands in glee.
" Our boy's acting career is taking off with a new mummy/lover/director/editor all in one"

• Haha

Sparrowsfart

VIP Member
They moved from Fergus, ON which is west of Toronto ( approx. 1.5 hr drive ) and North of Guelph. It is definitely country there and not as many chances or choices to try something new or at least there wasn't for years.
I think that a lot of it is about choosing fear over choice . Sarah may be the type to travel and explore but be conservative in trying new foods. My dad, although born in culturally diverse Toronto, is totally a meat, potatoes and veg kind of guy. I made a chicken paella Boxing Day ( didn't bother with the seafood one ), so simple ingredients and he took a tiny spoonful of it whereas my mom was excited to try something new, and "a one pot meal" lol. The next night I cooked Chinese cauliflower (blanched it , then stir fried with olive oil, garlic and green onions) and he would not touch it ( totally boring but it looked "different" ). ......... I think that even if you are open to trying something new, there is also the hurdle of seeking it out to try. If you don't count sushi, I only tried caviar about 9 years ago when I was working on a show where the cutter was Russian and on Fridays she brought in crepes, caviar, creme cheese and a couple other toppings. It was a delicious treat!
We have a really good asian grocery store which also has south asian, South American and West Indian foods as well. I roam the aisles looking at all the interesting new-to-me foods, especially the seafood aisles, wondering how to cook it all and have it taste good.
Of my East coast friends, 1 is allergic to fish, 2 hate seafood and 1 is vegetarian. Another east coast acquaintance says that she cannot stand lobster as they grew up poor and because it was plentiful, this is what her family ate for months on end after the season (frozen). Until that conversation it had never occurred to me that it could be anything else but a special treat :oops:
download.jpg

My Husband has a Babaco tree and very proud of the fruit but I can't bring myself to try it. It just looks yuck when cut open. Luckily my best friend loves them so we are giving her the excess!
When my husband moved for a job and I had to stay back and prepare and sell house I had chicken every second night (as I was only eating from a big freezer) When I did move to join him I couldn't eat chicken again for about a year!
We are thinking of moving again so have talked my husband into not buying anymore meat (he does grocery shopping) so we can use all the meat in the freezer. This time there is more pork than anything else and I getting so over it.

Looking at this conversely, it could be said that Annalise is stepping up to her share of the financial responsibilities too. It works both ways.
I'd say it's her taking opportunities, same as Dan

Freesia54

VIP Member
I may select Ian the Electrician - at least he has a boat!

They definitely read hear - att 16.45 - the deceased was Lord Healthcliffee by blunt force trauma to the head!

T

Nic was particularly elusive - not even wearing a mask!

And now Maiike's mother has arrived - they didn't even introduce the woman, but given the resemblence to her daughter it wasn't hard to figure out. How the hell did she get out of the Netherlands and into France - they really don't give a f..k about covid! But why the hell is she there! Maybe that's what's pissed Nic off!

What a dull crowd for NYE!

Brown - not your usual choice for a festive NYE table!
Tbh I had to laugh as SJ introduced the New deep fat fryer and scanned directly to the older lady, who I've just discovered is Maiikes's mum, so although there was a Tefal sitting on the table it looked like poor mum was the Deep fat fryer which in essence is what she turned out to be... she must have driven there as you wouldn't get that in your hand luggage.

Albee

VIP Member
They both do. And are doing very little to hide their disgust, only when he's in the room do they pretend all's well and will end well. Potty often finds his girlfriend in his corner, who despises her bff's squirrel too. They love to exchange their horrors over a cup of tea.
Spineless back stabbing grifters.
Don’t have the guys to say it to his face.
It would come to an end much faster if they did.

• Heart

Marty McFly 9

VIP Member
Nothing with that Trotter family is JUST for buying carrots. They were probably hoping for (quite) a bit more...
I edited after your comment, Queenie is pulling in more than she had before, but she only had 1680 Euros from buy me a coffee before that. She's not making piles off that, it's like a tip jar. There is no way it's going to fund the care of a horse.

Arfarf

VIP Member

The Chateau Diaries

1 minute ago (edited)
Tonight's Chateau Diaries will be a little later than usual, as it's an epic video that I've been working on for a few days! It should be premiering in the next hour or so. I'm very, very excited about it and can't wait to share it with you all. If you haven't done so already, press the notification bell so that you'll be notified when it premieres. I look forward to chatting with you all in the Live Chat! Love, Stephanie x
Omg. My ESPN tells me we are going to have to watch her photo shoot.😭😭😭😖😖😖

• Haha
  • Heart

Rose Cafe

I've just recently returned to Edd & Anna. I watched their Dec 24 before and after a couple days ago and was stunned to see how much they had done, so I've gone back to September and watched all their reno related vlogs, and they are amazing. Edd has improved his attitude toward his wife and isn't the grump he was, and she's less saccharin. Edd has SKILLS galore and he sure works hard. I can't believe how much heavy work he and Cryl have done in their garden since September, not to mention how much has been done inside as well. It's really insane. I hope for them they can keep the place after all that! I'm more than willing to give second chances.

I was so bummed for Ed that the pool cement did not fully dry in time to get the resin in ,and then the weather turned. It was risky to do the job now but be got so close .

Reactions: 8

Maple fairy

VIP Member
In regards to accents in Canada we all have regional differences, influences and subtleties. My MiL is from an area in Quebec which was primarily English British descent she does have a slight British way of speaking. I know I have heard Sarah’s accent before but can’t pin it maybe she had a parent from Britain.
I would like to know who amongst us say “oot” and “aboot” which has given comedians lots of material.

Last edited:

Marty McFly 9

VIP Member
LOLZ. I meant physically arrange for a tonne of carrots to be delivered. Never in a million years would I give them actual money 🤣
oh, I understood!! It would take money to do that though!! I'd rather dump a pile of something that hit her brother more directly .... but what? A pile of knock offs?

Once again, Pa Petherick to the rescue with the Range Rover! What would these boys do without him? And where was Michael? I guess he didn’t want to dirty-up his pure white sneakers. He’s a man of leisure.

View attachment 964526
A "Pa Pethrick" cam would be interesting ....

I do wonder why his cottage doesn't appear to have any progress in it. Sadie & Mo went in there to make a phone call and it doesn't look like anything has happened downstairs on a long time.

Last edited:

girlsmeg

I cannot stand listening to them not looking at her ! Gollum ! I don’t even know what to tell her to do to herself to make her look better. Not that looks are paramount but come on ! She’s hideous.
the end of their 5 day late Happy New Year message was “YOU HURT MY LITTLE ARM “!!!!!!
YOU HURT MY LITTLE ARM !!!!!! WTF!!!!!!
So strange. Was that a cry for help? Selmer responded by looking clueless as usual 😂

• Haha

Freesia54

VIP Member
I had the feeling that SJ showed the “champagne bucket” to embarrass him. He had a wounded look on his face. I find he has that expression a lot when she turns the camera on him. Discomfort as to what she may say. He said his grandmother used the bucket for a certain purpose but I couldn’t make out what he said. He seemed defensive.
Maaike asked her mother to bring the ingredients to make the dough and whatever else goes in the recipe.
Maybe used it in her bed chamber... chamber pot?

• Haha