Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Le Baiseur

VIP Member
@Le Baiseur We can be a hyper-critical lot from Gwen's Christmas gift right down to how he cleans his paint brushes. At this point, I feel he should just keep mum as anything he says -or doesn't say- wouldn't satisfy the masses anyway. Besides, the military courts seem to be satisfied with the outcome.

I agree with you. But what bothers me was when Michael made a remark about the article that came out, and he and Billy both laughed about it. And Billy commented that 80% of the article was wrong. Well, if so, just address it! Or, just say “Hey, I made a mistake and I apologize. I’ve faced the consequences for my actions and now it’s time to move forward.” That’s it..No excuses or sob stories like Michael. Before that, I was actually warming up to Billy. He’s making regular vlogs and actually working on the chateau (I was even impressed with the work he did on the roof).
You're right. Seeing as they made light of it in the vlog, Billy should at least address it. Like you said, something as simple as: "Hey, I made a mistake and I apologize. I’ve faced the consequences for my actions and now it’s time to move forward.”
I made some really stupid mistakes when I was 20 so I can't be too harsh on him. He's the only Petherick not begging for money and I find his videos interesting - I like the DIY aspect to his vlogs as opposed to the lifestyle vlogs of other chateaux.

Reactions: 10

Lady Avonlea

VIP Member
I guess Stephanie and Michael have had the same problem. They lived in the middle of nowhere and were single. There’s apparently no one to be met there. Stephanie has, however, been very lucky converting volunteers into bed partners, whereas Michael, has not been as successful. Maybe she could write a book. “How to find Sex Partners in the Middle of Nowhere - Tips and Tricks”.
Ruth could be her ghost writer.

• Haha
Curtis Ryan Backside's video of his photoshoot with Fanny, I couldn't bear the soundtrack. It sounded like the piano music that was played when the old silent movies were shown 100 years ago, particularly for the car chase scenes ! What a load of fawning pretentious twaddle it was anyway, I hope Fanny got a sore bum from posing sitting on the narrow window sill for so long 😂
ALL I could think of while watching her prancing around in that yellow gown is........Frozen Nipples!!! 🥶

• Haha

billybudd

VIP Member
I am swooning at the prospect of PJ's wardrobe for SA.
I think he's totally gonna go Blixen Out of Africa, or Melania at the Pyramids (Indiana Jones, $400 Chanel ballet flats, SA average annual income $15K).
Great white hunters, both.

Attachments

• Haha

Perplexed bee

Just because you don't like the way she looks doesn't mean that she or any other stylist that look "meh" to you are not successful at what they do 🤷‍♀️
My main question at this point is, why did she decide to go to Lalande and let herself be filmed, if not for advertising her stuff? She could have done a Nick/Ruth and hidden herself... And if she is there to sell her skills, she could have done something to enhance her optics, because you only have one chance to make a first good impression... But just let us agree to disagree on this topic, O.K.?

Le Baiseur

VIP Member
I think I just figured out what I could send Fanny as a gift for her new loo. A hand-made, decoupaged plaque that reads:
If you sprinkle
When you tinkle,
Be a sweetie
And wipe the seatie!

I had a neighborhood friend when I was a kid whose crafty mother had one in their powder room. Even at 12 years old, I knew it was camp!
I'm sure it would be oohed and awed and be displayed in the downstairs loo "straight away."

• Haha

T Rex

VIP Member
So I had to google Eileen Fisher and a whole new world of fashion has been revealed to me!
One of the search results:

What is Menocore style?
Menocore, according to the Man Repeller post, is wanting to live in a lighthouse and dress in “... looks inspired by the aesthetic of a middle-aged woman on a low-key beach vacation… lots of linen, tiny spectacle sunglasses, maybe a bucket hat, cosy knits…” And the clever correlations don't stop there.
I've been rocking Eileen Fisher before it was even a thing- good-fitting quality clothing. I am a middle-aged Gen-Xer whose closet consists of EF, Roxy, Hurley, J.Crew, Banana Republic, Armani Exchange, Nautica, and Ann Taylor- all of which, I have been buying since my 20s. The articles are ridiculous. They're not high-end fashion (no Versace, YSL, Gucci, LV)- just average mid-range clothing to live in.

Maple fairy

VIP Member
I LOVE how we only caught glimpses of BJJ in that New Year's Eve video, no snorting, I think the only time he spoke was to talk about his grandparents. or great grandparents and the 'ice bucket' . No sign of him when they were preparing the food, don't think that he even set the table either, we saw Sabine taking the Xmas tablecloth off . Did we witness the beginning of the end for Snorts ? Hope so, can't wait ! :D

Oh, before I forget, when some tattlers were waxing lyrical over Matt a page or two back, I couldn't see the attraction at all. Then I realised that I was getting him mixed up with Nick the lumberjack 😂
OMG you gave me a great belly laugh! Best one in awhile. Now I can’t get the image out of my head! How does he travel!

Sparrowsfart

VIP Member
Wasn’t it said that Sadie grew up riding horses. Are we sure that maybe Gwen isn’t behind buying the horses so Ernest and his brother can learn. Of all the Pethericks she seems the most caring. As well she is probably the one that would look after them.
I think you would start with a pony if they were for the children

Beau Monde

VIP Member
ts with the EF
This cuts deep, as I sit here in an Eileen Fisher tunic. (Not linen, but still.)
Eileen Fisher makes lovely separates. It's just that the company would not allow you to break up the pieces at all. The mannequins had to have the EF pants with the EF top with the EF cardigan accessorized with the EF scarf and belt. The only creativity was choosing shoes and handbags to go with the display, and even then they had a list of 'acceptable' vendors to use. As a stylist, it was quite boring because everything matched so there was no creativity involved.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Now you disappoint me. So many references about Ma, the carrot and the joy it could bring, and you didn’t mention the obvious usage for the carrot. And the joy it will bring Ma…
i dont know...she always has a face.... like her foofoo has gone sour..maybe she can make home made atjar tjampoer..in there..

• Haha

billybudd

VIP Member
I LOVE how we only caught glimpses of BJJ in that New Year's Eve video, no snorting, I think the only time he spoke was to talk about his grandparents. or great grandparents and the 'ice bucket' . No sign of him when they were preparing the food, don't think that he even set the table either, we saw Sabine taking the Xmas tablecloth off . Did we witness the beginning of the end for Snorts ? Hope so, can't wait ! :D

Oh, before I forget, when some tattlers were waxing lyrical over Matt a page or two back, I couldn't see the attraction at all. Then I realised that I was getting him mixed up with Nick the lumberjack 😂
I noted his absence in the Ch 4 Christmas ep. I think this is a trend, not a fad. 👯‍♀️💃🕺

KyBourbon

VIP Member
It first seemed to me that a morphing app had been used, where 2 faces are merged into 1.
Honestly, that’s what I thought, too. This looked to be much more than just the effects of makeup and lighting. If he did use a morphing app…well, I guess that takes it to a whole new level of psychological analysis! “The two become one?” Just strange.

Reader's digest

VIP Member
Wonder how long the trip to SA will be? Perhaps 2 months - not 2 weeks!
Phil said maybe February so they will stay till March 😁

Yeaahh! I have no idea what that is, but… Yeahh!
Mummy might say "ratatouille a la africanaise" , very hot

its just a tomato based sauce with sweet peppers, onion garlic and lots of chilli usually served with mielie pap at a braai. You can buy it in cans but it is horrible, with added sugar. Its my go to meal when I have flu or a bad cold. Pork sausages, chaki and mash. :giggle::giggle:
Here it's a staple since Worldcup 2010😂

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha