Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LadyoftheEast

I know Curtis has filtered years off SJ, however I really liked the makeup, hair and black outfit. You can see when he is styling her it is a good look even without the filters. I don’t know much about Curtis however he seems to have some level of understanding of a brand image. He would not appear in a dressing gown to see guests off. Hopefully he can help SJ regain some credibility. Her best look in my opinion is still jeans, trousers, pants suits, fab coats and stylish hats.
even Celeste in blog comments is realising SJ is not following her branding rules.
I think he had a filter on the camera he was using to film her while he filmed the whole thing - if you get my gist!

• Sad
Reactions: 9

JackSpratt

VIP Member
I had a quick look at the houses that he found. All of them are in Mayenne, a poor region with no industry no jobs no tourism no beautiful landscapes or any heritage.

The houses he shows in his videos are all in the middle of nowhere, in tiny hamlets or small rural and half dying towns or are (real) farmhouses.

What could a 25 year-old jobless man do in these areas ?

A business wouldn't survive. Gites wouldn't atttact any tourists.

I wouldn't buy any of these. Even at the price they are.

But each to their own.
Exactly, they're cheap for a reason, steer clear of the areas marked in green.

Hemerocallis

VIP Member
Rory ..... I know you are passionate about the Shutters ! I thought they decided to ditch them??? The Chateau "will look better without them" Fanny and that lady architect said some time ago. Or... has that changed again???
I did like the look of the blue shutters on the old wreak.
Still ...... you will not see them much when and IF those courtyard trees start growing.

Morning All :love:
Thought the shutters that Amaury made were inside shutters. She wants to omit the outside ones.

• Heart

Lady Avonlea

VIP Member
I watched the last GAG hitting the 10s skip button every couple seconds, so maybe I missed something. Are the "Chateau the Lalande" t-shirts that Fanny and Antoine are wearing in the last 5 seconds or so a gift sent in this episode, a gift sent in the next one or a bit of a sneak peek of the merch that is to come??
There were so many damn gifts, it's a 2 part Cadeaux. So t-shirts likely gifts in the next vlog.

• Sick

shaken&stirred

Chatty Member
If this twenty-something young man can do it, surely SJ could too... :rolleyes: especially with all the money that's flowing in.
Edouard Guyot is the name of this young man. The video about his château popped up today on my feed and I watched the whole thing even though it is VERY long. He's very well spoken and the video is subtitled in English.
The undertaking is mammoth, but he's managed to find qualified French artisans who get the job done! Hint hint all of you English-speaking château owners who complain they can't find proper tradesmen in France :mad:

And he’s restoring his Chateau to its historic origin. I really liked the tack room and the oak panels. He’s a very talented young man.

This is the first video that popped up, I posted the Top 50. There was a tour of a Mughal Chateau on this channel which was fantastic as I am enthralled with India.

• Heart

bembazaan

@Trengilly 👏 great post. I do believe he has been preparing for sometime. I see a likeness, minus the facial hair.

View attachment 963471

View attachment 963472
hahah
Our niece is quite well known in her country. My husband was not amused to find that her mother (his sister) born elsewhere and that he named as his niece's father, among lots of other inaccurate "facts". It was eventually corrected after many months. Not a reliable source of information.
thank you Jeeves. I was actually waiting for a backlash. I have never ever looked at Wiki for my info. Would rather go to the source. I am SURE sj only uses that WIKI which I find very puzzling for a formally educated person, which I am not. :giggle:

Reader's digest

VIP Member
That would be a little mind numbing, as she does not release many pieces at a time! (SMH!)

Sadly, I watched Sillymar and Tatty's NYE video- it was depressing AF. Apparently, their current kickstarter of $9K might have been a wake-up call to them, "What do you mean only $9K? But we've produced two whole videos with no content since the inception and why aren't the grannies opening their wallets to us?" Oh no, Tatty, you've never given us an actual business plan- and if you were a little more proactive in producing content/videos, people may have opened their hearts (wallets) to you. Le non. Tatty and Sillymar just sat on their arses expecting gold to fall from the sky. Fin. The end. And now, Tatty, you are stuck with him. You told Sillymar he IS your soulmate- no Shitoo of your own, you is f***ed, girl!

Well, these idiots have 17 days to go, so perhaps a magical woodland fairy with a bag full of gold will step in at the N-Hour. (Not likely, but I do like to give people hope.)
I am scared that Selmar and Tati will start a new gofundme over 9000Euro for let's say fund an operation for Diesel - now that they know that that much will be donated

• Wow

billybudd

VIP Member
I'm reading a book on daily life at Versailles.theres a whole chapter on the ways you could identify people of quality vs.trash In borrowed or second hand clothes .there were many pretenders....If the fact miss Havisham can't turn her crumbling flop house barn into a clean habitable rodent free environment for 30k a month wasnt proof enough (you can't fix a borderline personality with money.). Finding out her pretentious granny gift grift name. "cadeux" isn't posh but common rube speak is PARFAKT ..the more her world unravels the Marie Antoinette fantasy morphs into a lazy eyed stygian witch presiding over flop house squalor ..
The cut of your jib? Me likey.

• Sick

pink roses

Just watched M & M newest vlog. I thought that their Château had heat! Steve’s mother had two sweaters and a jacket on NYE. The others had layers as well. Meanwhile Steve had said it was 16C obviously it must be warmer out than in.
Vivienne and Simon visited for NYE. All these visits between the Châteauverse is starting to look like speed dating to find your perfect match.
Meanwhile George & Sarah hosted what appeared to be the cool kids/ Château elite. Erin, her husband plus others that I know but their name escapes me.
SJ was not invited & apparently was not reciprocated.
Just watched M and M also… My god did Shrek’s wife grow up in a barn??? she is too much…

• Haha

OhIDontKnow...

VIP Member
Absolutely, positively an investigative journalist needs to look/see LaLande. It’s a hornets nest waiting to be ripped down, cracked open. There’s enough evidence in her posting/vlogs - plenty of threads to pull. Anyone there, or remotely thinking they might show up to “volunteer” should stay far away. Chaos of mind, body and spirit. Stephanie is not right in the mind & it’s extraordinarily obvious. She is wholly dependent on people, like Squirrel Boy Toy to swoon over her, cling, adore. You can see by slight visual nuances, often brief that others are completely done with his act, yet must tolerate it because Stephanie adores the attention. They have to play along to stay in Stephanie’s orbit. Remember her nervous comments about the “unexpected” reveal of baby hedgehog relationship. No one dares to speak up as she flys by the seat of her bare bottom. She displays all the characteristics of someone experiencing, or building up to a breakdown. Because Stephanie is actually deeply depressed, she has little or no ability to focus, process. Depression also brings on diversions such as her spending sprees, travels & magical thinking. Her vlogs have turned into nothing but a pitiful display of the chaos of her being.
Very eloquently stated. I completely agree.

Albee

VIP Member
I’ve just watched the episode Toile de Jouy on Journey to the Chateau. Wow they have made their own toile. Very tasteful. I like the design.

• Heart

Reader's digest

VIP Member
and lazy...to busy living his own silly dream..thinking he is the reincarnation of the sunking..but fairytales dont last snort..remember that..sooner or later you have to work..if you dont do it now...you have to do it later...
I guess he inherited a bit that's why he is in no hurry to learn a proper trade or work at all.

bembazaan

Yeaahh! I have no idea what that is, but… Yeahh!
its just a tomato based sauce with sweet peppers, onion garlic and lots of chilli usually served with mielie pap at a braai. You can buy it in cans but it is horrible, with added sugar. Its my go to meal when I have flu or a bad cold. Pork sausages, chaki and mash. :giggle::giggle:

• Heart

Le Baiseur

VIP Member
It is not either of those girls. They both have long hair. This girl has short hair and I have never seen her before.

This girl had short blonde hair and came up behind the volunteer we know.

OK thank you. I thought Marie was wearing green and that her hair is longer. But if the jewellery matches, it must be her.
Hanni? There was a quick shot of her in tonight's vlog at the moment SJ discusses the idea to monetize GAG for charity.

• Wow

LaFrancaise123

VIP Member
He's looking in that area because he grew up there, and Billy lives nearby. Plus he's a website developer so could work anywhere. Hey, at least he's not using his girlfriend's inheritance to buy a chateau or his parent's retirement fund to buy a princess castle.
As I say : each to their own.

Not sure he's a website developer though.

• Haha

ploppityplop2

VIP Member
Look what I found.
You do not have to OWN a chateau to try and make money...:p
Karen C Bomb (remember her epic battle with the legendary (not) Edna Brenda G. over their once shared F*cebook group?!)
Now CBomb(what a name!) is after your purses, grannies beware!
I wonder if she has any copyright of any of the images?
Click on the link to F*cebook at the top.
Grifting starts. With a "fundraiser".
No idea what people are supposed to be paying for?:unsure:
Oh this is the one Brenda was slagging off on her FB page 😂