The Chateau Diaries #100 That's how I found Tattle! I googled "Chateau Diaries" and "scam”

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
But in Venice what would she buy - an appartment?
Knowing her, she'd want a whole palazzo, preferably on the Grand Canal!

On another note, I noticed Auntie was clutching a bear-shaped hot water bottle in the gift grab!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
That's right! I completely forgot about her appearance on that CNN special! I was like "hey, it's that nutty high energy American who married into the aristocracy!!!" 🤣 In her recent Xmas Day vlog ,she mentioned the Viscount's great grandmother ,who was also an American who married into the family! I found that very cool!
There were quite a few Amercan young ladies - heiresses - who married into the British aristocracy at the same sort of time as Julie Momtagu's husband's grandparents got marred in the so-called Gilded Age of the early 1900s. They were known as Dollar Princesses and some (not all) were very much business transactions rather than love matches. The fabulously wealthy American industrialists (or their socially ambitious wives!) saw marrying off their daughters to asset-rich-cash-poor British and European aristocrats as the perfect entrée to Society.

One of the most famous - and perhaps the most extreme, I'm not sure - examples was Consuelo Vamderbilt, whose mother was determined her daughter would marry the Duke of Marlborough. The D of M was receptive to the idea because of CV's promised dowery. CV was secretly engaged to someone (in New York? I forget the details) and did everything she could to prevent the arranged alliance between money and title. Her mother was adamant and, long story short, CV was more or less frogmarched up the aisle to marry the Duke. He was vile to CV, told her he'd only married her for her money to keep Blenheim Palace going. It's fascinating and horrifying in equal measure Lots of info, books, articles on the Dollar Princesses can be found online.

I find Julie Montagu almost impossible to watch. Her gushiness, constant talking over people and never listening to complete answers to questions she's posed is Stephaniesque! No, not a fan. But I'm English and I don't fall into the demographic her vlogs are aimed at - it's very clearly constructed to appeal to her fellow Americans and if Mapperton benefits through YouTube and Patreon, that's terrific. I am certain it's all handled more professionally and transparently than SJ's convoluted and, um, "questionable" approach to finances!

Reactions: 23
I think I recall someone saying he charges €150 an hour…a bargain! For us “15 Tattlers,” that’s only €10 each! 😆 We just need someone who’s fluent in Spanish to get the whole story.
Count me in, let's buy TWO HOURS. The tales Andrew could tell. 🎤💰🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 17
No not at all. I am not "thinking about developing old timey films" :rolleyes:

I work in film and tv and have for the past 24 years. As I said, professional film editors work in nice dark rooms, with multiple monitors where they sit with the Director and Show Runner . My coworker's partner is an editor and my ex roommate from UNI is an editor.
I have noticed that Phillip has a nice office but the the windows are not conducive to a proper editor studio as light is a hindrance. Perhaps he has room darkening curtins? I have not paid attention since they finished the room.

All of us here can agree that Dan is trying to better himself and learn new skills ( although how open is he is to be seen, as previously in this thread he has proven that he can't even be bothered to put on proper respiratory mask while spray painting in his enclosed studio ) .
He defiantly needs to find more lucrative revenue streams than working as a "gardener" a few days a week at LaLaLande, raising 2 kids is not cheap. Annalise can only do so much until both the boys are in school full days, but a home salon could be a good thing for her depending on the rules in France.

It would be nice to see that when Dan finishes his studio, that he then goes back into the house and finish up the work there too as it's not easy to raise two curious little boys in a construction site ( as we have seen with the flooded studio ), anything left unfinished is too tempting to little hands to investigate. I am hopeful of this but after seeing the trash heap in an outbuilding as bad as at Lalande, I am not holding my breath. His new studio/mancave might also equally be a fun place to get away from his family as it is and editing room.
I’ve worked in various edit suites and some have windows and some are in a cupboard! What grates me with SJ and Snorts is they don’t have a proper setup & still use the trackpad instead of a mouse and keyboard, no wonder it takes them so long 🤦‍♀️
I’m sure Dan will install some blinds and a proper setup in his studio and at least he’ll be at home 😀

• Heart
Reactions: 16
We have a Wiki list of Teabag's boys for a year. I have compiled the photos...

Danny, Pink Haired Boy

BJJ and pink hair Danny.png
MPK with Danny pink hair.jpg

Benjamin, Camera Boy
MPK Benjamin.jpeg

Elias, Camera/Editor Boy
MPK with elias.png

April 2021 numbers before heading to Spain....
mpk2.png April 2021.png

El Gabacho, Sweatshirt/Hoodie Boy
121393945_805354380219116_7300619536399561129_n.jpg

Gustavo, Ginger Boy
MPK ginger.jpg

Andres/Andrew, Lover Boy/Fiancé/Rent Boy
MPK on a boaat.png
225583396_640367786941626_8471616221572928737_n.jpg

Florian, Trainer Boy/Chateau Help/Camera Boy
195407277_387254542612245_5914917838100604958_n.jpg

Alexander, Chateau Help/Billy's, Sadie's and Ma Trotter's Pick
1640779517936.png

Chris McBride, Chateau Help
1636729327603.png

How long before he heads out again???? He may have to scale things back because his patron account has taken a hit.
TICK TOCK 💣

mpk going south.png

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
Fannys comment about the interior of a proposed refrigerator solution not being pretty, made me curious as to why she would have chosen to purchase LaLaLand. It's no beauty, nothing even pretty about it that I can see. I think it's even kind of ugly for a castle to be honest. Further, she seems to not even care about securing the structure of the building or the moisture that must be causing any remaining old pointing to rot away more and more, day by day, moment by moment. All the investing seems to be on purchasing more clutter to fill the spaces, and adorn the crumbling walls, more or less like a stage set. And all the clothing, and more recently now all the vintage jewelry, rings, earrings, pearls, gold... don't get me started LOL. I wonder what she REALLY had in mind when LaLaLand was purchased? At first, I thought maybe she bought it as a storage space for the clutter she collects because of her constant need to shop , not only in brick and mortar brocants, but online as well. As I look at LaLaLand now, I don't think anyone woudl even want it for storage. I think it's crumbling down, and a fire hazard. I wouldn't be surprised if she CAN"T get any sort of insurance on that building.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
This is Chateau Love 25th October, she must have known the jig was up before Channel 4 casually mentioned the boyfriend
345AC33D-3381-4E1C-9F96-D6C27659E61E.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
💡moment, of cause she is saying Maria and Sabine are volunteers when they are clearly staff as she's paying them cash in hand, I don’t know why she can’t be honest and just say she has hired them so she can spend time with guest’s, blimey if I could afford to have someone come and cook for me I’d do it

My thoughts on this: She wants it to appear that people constantly crowd around her to have the privilege of basking in her company because she is so Beee u teee ful. Admitting to paying too many people would ruin that image imo.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
She wants to donate their left over chocolate to food bank? So F%43ing nice of her!
She can easily get into some sort of agreement with local food bank, or shelter or soup kitchen (idk if there is one in the villages around them) or whatever to donate all the vegetables they grow and don't eat, to them!

A friend of mine lives in Vancouver Southlands (which is an equestrian community with lots of land) She has a large greenhouse and vegetable garden, and loves to take care of them. She ends up with tonnes of fruits and vegetables and herbs every season that her 4 person family can't eat. So she takes them to local shelters and gives to their kitchens...

But our crappy-lan can't comprehend doing actual acts of kindness... only things that at the end, benefit her!
They don't grow veggies in lalande.They buy them.At the supermarket...

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
This is Chateau Love 25th October, she must have known the jig was up before Channel 4 casually mentioned the boyfriend
View attachment 948600
Speaking of Chateau Luv, Vivienne and Simon are back on the workaway web site https://www.workaway.info/en/host/314682254c9a
They have a new chateau tour vlog of, Domaine of Château Gaillard and No Manners and Fakers have already commented...
BIRDS OF A FEATHER 🤔 How long before the patron accounts are set up???

bvmV4y-AwodvCFb7zcOlQ1uQ=s88-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Manor and Maker
17 hours ago
What lovely decorations, and of course the idea of being custodians, rather than owners, hits me right in the feels. See you soon!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
View attachment 948600
Jun 29, 2021, When BJJ was giving tours of Lalande and explaining Daddy's art. That should have been a very good indication as to what was going on. It is amusing that Vivienne placed her daughter and BJJ in the thumbnail. 🤪

1640783865156.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
We have a Wiki list of Teabag's boys for a year. I have compiled the photos...

Danny, Pink Haired Boy

View attachment 948540View attachment 948547

Benjamin, Camera Boy
View attachment 948541

Elias, Camera/Editor Boy
View attachment 948548

April 2021 numbers before heading to Spain....
View attachment 948550

El Gabacho, Sweatshirt/Hoodie Boy
View attachment 948536

Gustavo, Ginger Boy
View attachment 948544

Andres/Andrew, Lover Boy/Fiancé/Rent Boy
View attachment 948549View attachment 948579

Florian, Trainer Boy/Chateau Help/Camera Boy
View attachment 948538

Alexander, Chateau Help/Billy's, Sadie's and Ma Trotter's Pick
View attachment 948554

Chris McBride, Chateau Help
View attachment 948551

How long before he heads out again???? He may have to scale things back because his patron account has taken a hit.
TICK TOCK 💣

View attachment 948546
oh how lovely and kind of you to shove the pictures right in my face…

6b4.gif

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
After one month the hits keep coming...

The Chateau Diaries
REVEALING SELMAR AND TATYANA’S SECRET CHATEAU PLANS
Nov 28, 2021

Louise Dole

2 hours ago (edited)
I think these two have a screw loose. Like I've written in a couple of other videos, S&T are not educated enough nor do they have any business ideas of how to sustain a castle long term. They learned how much money Stephanie is getting in donations through YouTube, B&B and her patreon account which is $27K per month she stated. So, now these two delusional idiots think that they are going to copy this idea and become rich overnight. Tatyana lives in a dream world and both of them are very low energy and are not credible enough to have people throw hundreds of thousands of dollars at them. They can make all the offers they want. I only hope that they don't lose their earnest money or down payment in the process of trying to raise the rest. This is a far fetch scheme of getting rich quick overnight. They both live in a fantasy world. The best that they could do would be to get jobs and rent an apartment. I know times are tough right now, but I think that these Europeans (especially the ones with knowledge or how the Royals made their money) by taxing the serfs is something that is burned in their DNA. I think that Stephanie needs to rethink her relationship with these two and possibly the other volunteers at LaLande who also now have YouTube videos accounts, because at least three other of her volunteers are trying to make a living as well through posting very uninteresting videos and then expecting the pubic to donate money to them. They all see that Stepahnie has been very successful at doing this, but the one difference between Stephanie and her volunteers is that Stephanie has the education, breeding, salesmanship, gift of gab, personality and generosity of spirit and brains to fund her dream. The others are severely limited. My advice to Stephanie is you better start making new friends and getting more resources for volunteers, because people like Dan, S&T and maybe even Marie will eventually become resentful and damaging to your chateau renovation dream. Even if they succeeded in gathering any money, this is also income taken away from LaLande to help them pay their rents wherever else they live. Tell me why Marie needs a YouTube account to show that she is a floral designer? Just saying...

Linda Martin

20 hours ago
I have never trusted Tatyana, she seems a little strange to me, and Selma is suddenly swept up in a hair brained idea, for goodness sake he was living in a campervan with a cat and dog, getting up late and pottering about the Chateau grounds, then suddenly he can afford a million dollar chateau (at least)!! After two months with a woman he met on YouTube!! And yes, I agree that Stephanie is risking her credibility backing them with her support and interviewing them on her YouTube channel. I love Stephanie and I know she is only doing this because of her relationship with Selmar, I would love her mother to give her opinion!!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
About SJ's dream of living in Venice. I also believe she is setting herself up so she can depart La La but have someone filming building content whilst she is away. She needs to do this anyway to do her travel vligs with Oliver. But in Venice what would she buy - an appartment? She doesn't speak italian, god she barely speaks french. I don't wish to be a Debbie Downer, I'm just trying to see how she would make this work.
I remember Stephanie saying to MPK, something like, “One day when we live together in Venice…” It was in one of her videos as they were quickly walking out the door of LL. It was kind of surprising to me at the time. Nothing more was made of it, the video moved on to more stupid nonsense. I can 100% see Venice as her end game. With her “squirreling” away so much Patreon money, maybe sooner rather than later. I guess even people who live in French chateaux have dreams of where they’d rather spend the rest of their lives.

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.